KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Darth Vaders suite

Darth Vaders suite
Started by: xxxpoppunker182

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Lord Darkstar
Grandmaster of the AFC

the books really don't matter, if George directly contridicts it in a movie. We see Vader falls into lava, thus, no matter what any author says, he fell into lava.

about his suit, it probably also increases his strength, maybe his agility (though we don't see that in the movie, I attribute that more to the limitations of the 70s)

Old Post Jun 17th, 2005 10:21 PM
Click here to Send Lord Darkstar a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Darkstar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stalker 360
Henshi a-go-go, baby!

well he lifted sidious above his head come on what normal man could do that

Current Pokemon:5

Old Post Jun 17th, 2005 10:30 PM
Click here to Send Stalker 360 a Private Message Find more posts by Stalker 360 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Darkstar
Grandmaster of the AFC

yes he can do that, but I meant more the agility, we don't see Vader in the original movies being agile, I think that is more because of the time he made the movies though, not because vader is that slow. Because really, if he was that slow then the youngling at the end of RotS could kill him

Old Post Jun 17th, 2005 11:38 PM
Click here to Send Lord Darkstar a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Darkstar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xxxpoppunker182

that makse sense but does or is there a type of armor they used for his suite like obsidian armor or durasteel?

Old Post Jun 17th, 2005 11:42 PM
Click here to Send xxxpoppunker182 a Private Message Find more posts by xxxpoppunker182 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xxxpoppunker182

can anyone helo me out here?

Old Post Jun 25th, 2005 05:58 PM
Click here to Send xxxpoppunker182 a Private Message Find more posts by xxxpoppunker182 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Darkstar
Grandmaster of the AFC

sorry, I can't help you with that, I'm not sure what his armor is made up of, probably reinforced steel and plastic

Old Post Jun 25th, 2005 06:13 PM
Fishy

Cortosis would have been the best, but seeing as Luke easily cut of his arm its not that either... Probably just some normal common material

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post Jun 25th, 2005 06:19 PM
Click here to Send Fishy a Private Message Find more posts by Fishy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Darkstar
Grandmaster of the AFC

yeah, I thought about corotosis or mandalorian iron as well, not sure why they didn't make his armor out of that, he was the 2nd richest and most powerful man in the universe, he could have afforded it

Old Post Jun 25th, 2005 06:43 PM
Fishy

The money would not have been the problem, gathering it would have been. Getting Cortosis isn't easy, especially not on such short notice.

I don't think he had an entire warehouse filled with Cortosis waiting around for somebody to take a lava bath.

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post Jun 25th, 2005 07:07 PM
Click here to Send Fishy a Private Message Find more posts by Fishy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
viking12344

I think that the suit itself had nothing to do with Palps controlling Vader.

Vader knew that palps could use force lightening and he could not. As we saw in jedi, vader's suit + palps lightening = jedi specter.

Hell, anytime Vader got out of line, Palps just sparked him in the azz. Worked wonders.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2005 08:09 PM
Click here to Send viking12344 a Private Message Find more posts by viking12344 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xxxpoppunker182

ok well thx guys for helpinme out.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2005 07:06 PM