KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » Who Should Play The Joker?

Who Should Play The Joker?
Started by: TheFilmProphet

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (20): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

Oh dear.

Nicholson was great and all, but he was playing HIS Joker. That was his take on the character.

Mark Hamill's Joker was better, because he was more genuinely funny and dangerously likable.

Both were great, but to say Nicholsons was the best is crap. He based his Joker off of Romero's anyway, the character isn't TOTALLY his.

Nicholson was great, but I think there would be more than a few budding actors out there who could do an even better job.

And, for the last time, Begins is not a prequel. This is really bugging me as to how people can be so stupid. They will be doing The Joker again. Wasn't it obvious from watching Begins that this is a clean-slate beginning? How can Batman make his first appearance twice? Dear God, we're dealling with a special breed.

Besides, the script from Begins was fantastic, with some great humour. I'm sure the Begins sequel will have a hilarious script for the Joker. I genuinely want to see Hamill's Joker more than Nicholsons, because I always thought the Animated Series Joker deserved his own damn movie anyway.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 03:37 PM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bakerboy

Lets see, nicholson is too old now for play the joker and he never looked as the joker.

Mark hammil is an excelent voice for the joker, but a bad choice to play the joker in person, because he isnt a great actor and doesnt looks as the joker.

But i like jim carrey or willem dafoe as the joker. Any of them would be great choices.

John Lennon, Musical genius of all time

Helen Mirren and Julie Christie , most lovely british actresses of all time.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 03:54 PM
bakerboy is currently offline Click here to Send bakerboy a Private Message Find more posts by bakerboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

I have faith that they'll cast someone.

Carrey and Dafoe are no good. Carrey was The Riddler and Dafoe was the Green Goblin. I doubt anyone would want to keep them so typecast.

There are better unknown actors out there. I still think my choice is this guy:

Michael Massee. (He plays Ira Gaines in Series 1 of 24)

Attachment: gaines.jpg
This has been downloaded 198 time(s).

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 04:55 PM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bakerboy

Well, in that way, you are right. Carrey played the riddler and Dafoe the green goblin, maybe an unknowed actor would be better, something like they did with cillian murphy as scarecrow.

John Lennon, Musical genius of all time

Helen Mirren and Julie Christie , most lovely british actresses of all time.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 05:08 PM
bakerboy is currently offline Click here to Send bakerboy a Private Message Find more posts by bakerboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Nefarus
Redi Knight

someone mentioned Edward Notron, and I whole heartedly agree!
He would make a fantastic Joker OR Riddler IMHO

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 07:32 PM
Darth_Nefarus is currently offline Click here to Send Darth_Nefarus a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Nefarus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NoWare Man

here's a little something to whet your appetites, crispin glover as the joker.

Attachment: crispinjoker redux.jpg
This has been downloaded 253 time(s).

Old Post Jun 19th, 2005 01:18 AM
NoWare Man is currently offline Click here to Send NoWare Man a Private Message Find more posts by NoWare Man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doc Ock
The Master Planner

Jack Nicholson was just so damn good that I can't imagine anyone else in the role of Joker sad

Old Post Jun 19th, 2005 01:25 AM
Doc Ock is currently offline Click here to Send Doc Ock a Private Message Find more posts by Doc Ock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kieralinn

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NoWare Man
here's a little something to whet your appetites, crispin glover as the joker.

He looks so demented....I LOVE it! cool

Old Post Jun 19th, 2005 01:58 AM
Kieralinn is currently offline Click here to Send Kieralinn a Private Message Find more posts by Kieralinn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Just_Joe

Mark Hamil actually did the voice of the Joker in BIRDS OF PREY on the WB!

It was a brief 2 second bit of dialogue where I think he shot Barbara Gordon(or Catwoman, cant remember). The guy playing the joker was mostly standing in the shadows so you couldnt really get a look at his face, but his joker voice was replaced by Mark Hamils voice! smile

I hope thats done in the next Batman flick, but a live action voice over for 120 minutes might not work. erm

"Wipe them out.......all of them!"

Old Post Jun 19th, 2005 02:05 AM
Just_Joe is currently offline Click here to Send Just_Joe a Private Message Find more posts by Just_Joe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu
Exit Prophet Enter Praylu

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kieralinn
He looks so demented....I LOVE it! cool

Same here, hopefully we will get to see that done on the big screen in the sequel.

SPIDER-MAN 3 DIRECTOR'S CUT PETITION HERE

Old Post Jun 19th, 2005 02:40 AM
Praylu is currently offline Click here to Send Praylu a Private Message Find more posts by Praylu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Tater
You can't catch me

That's right.

It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2005 04:54 AM
The Tater is currently offline Click here to Send The Tater a Private Message Find more posts by The Tater Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Leafar

Johhny Depp should play the Joker. If he says no, then go with Crispin Glover. Crispin really is a pyschopath in real life, so he may be difficult to work with. See Depp in the upcoming "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" as a preview of his work as the Joker.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2005 02:07 PM
Leafar is currently offline Click here to Send Leafar a Private Message Find more posts by Leafar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NoWare Man

What do you need done to that pic tater? Maybe I could help.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2005 02:32 PM
NoWare Man is currently offline Click here to Send NoWare Man a Private Message Find more posts by NoWare Man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu
Exit Prophet Enter Praylu

In my personal opinion, Johnny Depp would a horrible choice to play the Joker.

SPIDER-MAN 3 DIRECTOR'S CUT PETITION HERE

Old Post Jun 19th, 2005 06:00 PM
Praylu is currently offline Click here to Send Praylu a Private Message Find more posts by Praylu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kieralinn

Johnny Depp as Joker...nah. He's too good looking.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2005 06:41 PM
Kieralinn is currently offline Click here to Send Kieralinn a Private Message Find more posts by Kieralinn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
munkiesarus
swimming upstream

Oh...my...gosh. A fan made poster from SomethingAwful. How glorious is that? I would not mind a Joker like this AT ALL.

And just a personal thing: you guys hotlink a lot wink . Try not to do that too much, eh? It's just plain dirty and wrong.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jun 19th, 2005 07:41 PM
munkiesarus is currently offline Click here to Send munkiesarus a Private Message Find more posts by munkiesarus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NoFate007

Michael Massee...I'll have to look into that...

Dafoe would be a good Joker, probably, but now that he's GG - which I think he fits better, he won't be doing it.

I've never seen Glover act, but just from the looks of him, I don't want it.

I don't know who Lachey Chulme is, and I hate that mustache he has, but he looks like he's got something odd about him that I like.

Depp, no. Depp would be better as Mad Hatter, am I wrong?

I think I was the one who mentioned Norton, but I've gotta see him in makeup first. I have confidence in his acting though.

Sam Rockwell has been mentioned a lot, and although I think he's a great actor, I haven't seen him pull off psychotic yet, so I'm a bit weary.

As for Nicholson and Hamill...Nicholson did great, for THAT movie. I don't think he'd fit in this atmosphere. Hamill has THE Joker voice. His portrayal is awesome...but he doesn't have the look, unfortunately.

Right now, I'd have to say my favorite choices are Edward Norton, Lachey Chulme until I check him out and prove myself wrong, and, if he's a good enough actor to pull it off, Brian C. Bethel from the Grayson video by John Fiorella

Old Post Jun 19th, 2005 07:44 PM
NoFate007 is currently offline Click here to Send NoFate007 a Private Message Find more posts by NoFate007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mavic19

Crispin Glover is a very quiet man for the most part...but you get him to act crazy...He'll freak you out. He plays kind of a weener in the dog crap of a movie called WILLARD, but he is uber crazy at times. He is an understated actor that, given the opportunity, would pull the role off in spades.

Hell...look a Bale. There were sooooo many who questioned his ability to be Batman. But I think he did perfect. The object here is to pull in someone who isn't a big Hollywood name. Somebody who is not riding on the Hollywood Ego train. Crispin fits that role.

Norton....not without a bunch of prosthetics. I don't question his ability as an actor. But again...we're dealing with a big name actor. I want someone with nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Nicholson...way over the top (even for the Joker).

Dafoe: would've have worked great had he not already done GG as already mentioned. This would be a typecast choice.

I would rather have them pick a second string first rate actor or an up-and-coming nobody than some Hollywood jerk that would ruin it.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2005 08:12 PM
mavic19 is currently offline Click here to Send mavic19 a Private Message Find more posts by mavic19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NoFate007

That pic is awesome, I'd love to see a Joker like that

Old Post Jun 19th, 2005 08:50 PM
NoFate007 is currently offline Click here to Send NoFate007 a Private Message Find more posts by NoFate007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tpaquin
The Guy With the Gun

Are we sure it's the joker?

I was hoping to see an appropriately-done twoface, first, with the Joker as a minimal presence.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2005 09:02 PM
tpaquin is currently offline Click here to Send tpaquin a Private Message Find more posts by tpaquin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote