KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » Who Should Play The Joker?

Who Should Play The Joker?
Started by: TheFilmProphet

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (20): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Joker1237

how can he be the Joker with out well taking the toxic bath yet???.

Have a laugh evey now and than.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2005 05:02 AM
Joker1237 is currently offline Click here to Send Joker1237 a Private Message Find more posts by Joker1237 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu
Exit Prophet Enter Praylu

Well we don't actually know what name they will be using for him in the movie before he becomes the Joker so during my last post there was no other name for me to refer to him as besides, well......the Joker.

With that said, the next Batman Begins movie will take us somewhere before he became the Joker and was just a normal criminal.

SPIDER-MAN 3 DIRECTOR'S CUT PETITION HERE

Old Post Jun 20th, 2005 05:14 AM
Praylu is currently offline Click here to Send Praylu a Private Message Find more posts by Praylu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vegas
Sin City Sith Lord

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Impediment
I never have nor will I ever watch Charlie's Angels. As for Willard, all of my friends say that I shouldn't waste my time waching it because it's terrible.

Then you shouldn't pass him off or pass judgment on him since you've never even seen his work as a psycho.

Sig by ThePittman

Old Post Jun 20th, 2005 06:31 AM
Darth Vegas is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vegas a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vegas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Originally posted by Darth Vegas
Then you shouldn't pass him off or pass judgment on him since you've never even seen his work as a psycho.

I never did pass judgement on Glover or blow him off as a candidate. All I meant was that although I agree he has the look and appearance for a good Joker, I have never seen him in a role that could be comparable to the likes. Nothing more.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Jun 20th, 2005 09:33 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu

A source also tells PageSix.com, "Everyone is in agreement that the movie's strength is with Christian Bale, Michael Caine and Morgan Freeman."

Then adding of Katie Holmes, "She won't be in the sequel... the next romantic interest will be a much stronger actress."

"Warner is happy that people are now focusing on who'll be playing the JOKER rather than Katie and Tom."

-CBM

Old Post Jun 20th, 2005 09:34 PM
Praylu is currently offline Click here to Send Praylu a Private Message Find more posts by Praylu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mainstream
lighting the way

I thought Katie signed on for 3 films?

Old Post Jun 20th, 2005 09:37 PM
Mainstream is currently offline Click here to Send Mainstream a Private Message Find more posts by Mainstream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu

Apparently not, and she was just dropped like a (can't think of good phrase).

At least they say they are going to focus on the casting of the Joker now which means they must be giving the role some strong thought already.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2005 09:42 PM
Mainstream
lighting the way

Originally posted by TheFilmProphet
Apparently not, and she was just dropped like a (can't think of good phrase).

At least they say they are going to focus on the casting of the Joker now which means they must be giving the role some strong thought already.

dropped like a bad habit.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2005 09:46 PM
Mainstream is currently offline Click here to Send Mainstream a Private Message Find more posts by Mainstream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu

There you go, now I know who to look to when I can't finish a sentence. stick out tongue

Old Post Jun 20th, 2005 09:51 PM
Mainstream
lighting the way

There you go, now I know who to look to when I can't finish a sentence. stick out tongue

yeah that's me

Old Post Jun 20th, 2005 09:52 PM
Impediment
Endless

Its not that I didn't like Jack Nicholson's performance as the Joker in Batman '89, in fact I loved it. However that particular Joker was, in my opinion, not nearly crazy enough. Sure he was homicidaly kooky and clownish, but in fact it was all to familiar like Caesar Romero's Joker from the campy 60's series. I hate to do my broken record impression, but the two definitve Joker stories are, once again all a matter of opinion, The Killing Joke by Allan Moore and Arkham Asylum by Grant Morrison. These two stories show us that The Joker truly is insane, psychotic, demented, half-cocked, mad, etc............choose any that apply. Basically what my point is is that I want to see a Joker that is also scary and has presence! Someone who can quite possibly induce Coulrophobia in the audience. Agreements? Disagreements?

“Dreams shape the world."

Last edited by Impediment on Jun 20th, 2005 at 10:05 PM

Old Post Jun 20th, 2005 10:02 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kieralinn

A source also tells PageSix.com, "Everyone is in agreement that the movie's strength is with Christian Bale, Michael Caine and Morgan Freeman."

Then adding of Katie Holmes, "She won't be in the sequel... the next romantic interest will be a much stronger actress."

"Warner is happy that people are now focusing on who'll be playing the JOKER rather than Katie and Tom."

-CBM

I heard that WB is really POed about the whole Katie/Tom thing overshadowing the film. That is supposed to have something to do with her being dropped as hard as an opera tenor on a chihuahua. Dropped like a safe on Wiley Coyote? Dropped like an ant covered sandwich on a picinic? stick out tongue (i have way to much time on my hands)

Anyhoo...I don't think there should be a love interest in the next film except for the Brucey Man-ho stuff. They should wait until they are ready to use Catwoman. Bruce doesn't really have that many real love interests in the comics. Plus he always dumps them anyway when things get to serious...Everyone pretty much knows he will never live happily ever after with any woman.

I'm still rooting for Glover. Unless they come up with someone totally unexpected and perfect that we haven't thought of yet.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2005 11:30 PM
Kieralinn is currently offline Click here to Send Kieralinn a Private Message Find more posts by Kieralinn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NoFate007

What would be really, really cool to see, is a cameo by Selina Kyle as the love interest. Some girlfriend he forgot to call or something like that.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2005 12:21 AM
NoFate007 is currently offline Click here to Send NoFate007 a Private Message Find more posts by NoFate007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vegas
Sin City Sith Lord

I think Jude Law would make an interesting Joker.

Sig by ThePittman

Old Post Jun 21st, 2005 05:29 PM
Darth Vegas is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vegas a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vegas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LousyBoy

Jude Law.... BRILLIANT! Or maybe everybodys fave BOY Johnny Depp!!!

Pshhh

Old Post Jun 21st, 2005 05:40 PM
LousyBoy is currently offline Click here to Send LousyBoy a Private Message Find more posts by LousyBoy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vegas
Sin City Sith Lord

I didn't see you didn't leave any original suggestions...

Sig by ThePittman

Last edited by Darth Vegas on Jun 21st, 2005 at 06:18 PM

Old Post Jun 21st, 2005 06:14 PM
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

I am so stoked for the sequel.

I really hope we get to see a different Joker, but Nicholsons Joker will be hard to beat.

Everytime I try and think of how Nicholson GOT IT WRONG, I keep thinking of many more ways in which he GOT IT RIGHT.

Like someone said earlier about Joker committing crimes because he finds it hilarious. He finds murder funny, and only does things to make himself laugh. Nicholson did that a lot. His goons didn't laugh, nobody laughed at The Joker except himself and the audience - which to me indicates Nicholson was even better than we first thought.

Nicholson had it all, admitedly. I don't think, if his Joker is to be out-classed in the sequel, that it will be out-classed by a lot.

In terms of characterisation, Nicholson got it spot on. Sure, his origin was alterred, but as far as the actual character goes, damn, it's gonna be hard to top it.

I think Nicholsons Joker will be subtley tewaked and improved upon, but in order for the NEW Joker to stand out above Nicholsons, we need someone else to play him off apart from Batman. That's why I have a sneaking suspicion that Harley Quinn will make an apperance. It would show a side of the Joker that we haven't seen on screen before, and the chemistry between Harley and Joker would be very interetsting to see.

I mean, Harleen could even be the love interest for Bruce before she sides with Joker. Longshot I know, but would make it interesting.

Joker gets locked up, Harleen gets dumped by Bruce. Both of them meet up, and in 3 we see the pair in full swing.

We know that Begins was rich, the sequel would have to try to outdo it.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2005 06:14 PM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Joker1237

Dont like the ideal of Bruce ahd Harley hooking up.

Have a laugh evey now and than.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2005 07:23 PM
Joker1237 is currently offline Click here to Send Joker1237 a Private Message Find more posts by Joker1237 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu

"Got a new name to add into the mix for The Joker in the Batman Begins sequel: Paul Bettany. Bettany joins Lachy Hulme and Crispin Glover in the mix to play The Crown Prince of Crime. The same source who passed along Bettany's name informed us that there is "no truth" behind Mark Hamill being up for the role. He also told us that Mr. Hamill is "a little old" for this new take on The Joker. Mr. Hamill is in his mid-fifties I believe."

LINK

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2005 09:59 PM
Zenoside
-Insert funny title here-

Jim Carrey!

I mean he'd get the funny parts and the laugh all down striaght!
Have you seen him do Riddler? It was great!

Carrey would make and awesome Joker.

"Your bedside manner needs work, doc. I t'ink I liked it better when you were kissin' me."- Gambit
"M'sweet, I never gamble... I win. At everything."- Gambit

Old Post Jun 24th, 2005 01:28 AM
Zenoside is currently offline Click here to Send Zenoside a Private Message Find more posts by Zenoside Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote