KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » Who Should Play The Joker?

Who Should Play The Joker?
Started by: TheFilmProphet

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (20): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
NoFate007

Carrey...nah

Old Post Jun 24th, 2005 01:59 AM
NoFate007 is currently offline Click here to Send NoFate007 a Private Message Find more posts by NoFate007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kieralinn

Carrey is WAY WAY too over the top to do a decent Joker. Batman Begins and the sequels are very dark films (or will be). Joker needs to be psychotic and creepy. Like in the comics/graphic novels. That's what they went for in Begins and will keep. Carrey was fine for a Schumacher production but not for an adult/dark batman. NOT AT ALL!

Old Post Jun 24th, 2005 02:54 AM
Kieralinn is currently offline Click here to Send Kieralinn a Private Message Find more posts by Kieralinn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu
Exit Prophet Enter Praylu

According to a source over at AICN, actor Sean Penn may be taking on the role of the infamous Batman villain known as the Joker.

"Over here in Blighty's 'Now' magazine (celebrity tat), there's a potentially interesting story regarding a story that's crept out from the Batman Begins premiere party. According to the reporter, a drunken Christian Bale revealed that Chris Nolan is courting Sean Penn to play the Joker in the next Batman film. However there's still some finessing to do because Sean's apparently unsure about 'taking' his buddy, Jack Nicholson's, role. Could be guff but it's another potential to add to the list."

LINK

(please log in to view the image)

SPIDER-MAN 3 DIRECTOR'S CUT PETITION HERE

Old Post Jun 24th, 2005 10:25 PM
Praylu is currently offline Click here to Send Praylu a Private Message Find more posts by Praylu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Joker1237

he needs to lose the mastach.

Have a laugh evey now and than.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2005 11:43 PM
Joker1237 is currently offline Click here to Send Joker1237 a Private Message Find more posts by Joker1237 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doc Ock
The Master Planner

I think Sean Penn would be a fantastic Joker.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2005 12:12 AM
Doc Ock is currently offline Click here to Send Doc Ock a Private Message Find more posts by Doc Ock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Superfly4000

I know he's already been in a movie, but Jim carrey would be a great Joker!

Old Post Jun 25th, 2005 12:32 AM
Superfly4000 is currently offline Click here to Send Superfly4000 a Private Message Find more posts by Superfly4000 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Joker1237

I dont agree with Carrey, He lacks that FEAT the
Joker has, and Carrey can not be as creepy as the Joker. His Riddler was 2 over the TOP even for the riddler or Joker.

Have a laugh evey now and than.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2005 12:35 AM
Joker1237 is currently offline Click here to Send Joker1237 a Private Message Find more posts by Joker1237 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doc Ock
The Master Planner

Carey would be useless as the Joker.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2005 12:43 AM
Doc Ock is currently offline Click here to Send Doc Ock a Private Message Find more posts by Doc Ock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

Sean Penn is a humourless b*tch.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2005 01:02 AM
DeVi| D0do is currently offline Click here to Send DeVi| D0do a Private Message Find more posts by DeVi| D0do Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doc Ock
The Master Planner

Know him personally do you??? stick out tongue

Old Post Jun 25th, 2005 01:08 AM
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

I don't need to know him personally... did you see him at the Oscars? stick out tongue

I think he could do a good Joker though.

How about the rumours of Guy Pearce as Two Face? Is there a thread on this? confused

Last edited by DeVi| D0do on Jun 25th, 2005 at 01:30 AM

Old Post Jun 25th, 2005 01:27 AM
DeVi| D0do is currently offline Click here to Send DeVi| D0do a Private Message Find more posts by DeVi| D0do Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NoFate007

I don't believe in this Sean Penn stuff. If it happened at the premiere, wouldn't this have surfaced beforehand?

Old Post Jun 25th, 2005 06:45 AM
NoFate007 is currently offline Click here to Send NoFate007 a Private Message Find more posts by NoFate007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu

The main source isn't too reliable, given that plus the fact that AICN isn't too reliable at times either means it could be false. I'm just the messenger though, I have no choice but to report the news.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2005 07:08 AM
Praylu is currently offline Click here to Send Praylu a Private Message Find more posts by Praylu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu

Manip of Crispin Glover as the Joker.

SOURCE

Old Post Jun 26th, 2005 06:41 PM
NoFate007

I don't like Glover as The Joker. Can anyone do a manip of Lachey Chulme w/o mustache, Paul Bettany and Sean Penn w/o mustache? What about Sam Rockwell and Edward Norton?

Old Post Jun 26th, 2005 07:27 PM
DarkAge
Stronger than fear

It's not like Jim Carrey isn't capable of dramatic acting. He did a good job as Andy Kaufman in Man on the Moon, and Kaufman and the Joker are psychologically similar in many ways.

"Be yourself. Those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."

Old Post Jun 27th, 2005 04:28 AM
DarkAge is currently offline Click here to Send DarkAge a Private Message Find more posts by DarkAge Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

All bets are on Crispin, Mark, and Lachy. Personally Glover would be perfect but for second choice I go with Jeremy Irons:

Old Post Jun 28th, 2005 04:34 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sweetness
Fabulously Delicious

I heard they were thinking of getting Sean Penn to play Joker yes

Old Post Jun 28th, 2005 04:57 PM
sweetness is currently offline Click here to Send sweetness a Private Message Find more posts by sweetness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu

Actor Vincent Cassel has emerged as front-runner to play the villainous 'Joker' in the upcoming "BATMAN BEGINS" sequel, now being fast-tracked by Warner Bros. Pictures for a 2006 start, according to a studio insider.

"Cassel has the aquiline 'Joker' look as well as the 'genre' film experience," noted the source.

The actor is 6' 2" and 39 years old.

LINK

Old Post Jun 30th, 2005 02:55 AM
NoFate007

I googled a few more pics, but I still don't see him as it either...

Old Post Jun 30th, 2005 03:15 AM