KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » Who Should Play The Joker?

Who Should Play The Joker?
Started by: TheFilmProphet

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (20): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
xmarksthespot
CEO, BS Comics

Whoever they cast Jack Nicholson was, is and will still be the Joker in my mind.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2005 03:44 AM
xmarksthespot is currently offline Click here to Send xmarksthespot a Private Message Find more posts by xmarksthespot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

compromise: sean penn plays the joker, but hamill overdubs his voice post transformation

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Jun 30th, 2005 04:50 AM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkAge
Stronger than fear

They dubbed with Hamill's voice in Birds of Prey, but I don't know how well it worked because the bastards cancelled it and I never saw it.

"Be yourself. Those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."

Old Post Jun 30th, 2005 08:25 AM
DarkAge is currently offline Click here to Send DarkAge a Private Message Find more posts by DarkAge Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Whoever they cast Jack Nicholson was, is and will still be the Joker in my mind.

Agreed. He looked too old then to be Joker but pulled it off, so why not do it again? j/k

How about Steve Buscemi? He's a little short for it but he has a narrow face and he plays nut-jobs a lot.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2005 11:20 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu
Exit Prophet Enter Praylu

Actor Christian Bale spoke to MTV about the Joker possibly being included in a sequel to the successful Batman Begins movie and how he feels about the infamous character.

"I want to see the Joker, because I think it will be a very different kind of Joker than people have seen before," he said. "I think even the card that you see at the end of the movie shows that it is a darker, more sinister-looking Joker than anything I have seen depicted before. I think it would be a good adversary."

LINK

SPIDER-MAN 3 DIRECTOR'S CUT PETITION HERE

Old Post Jun 30th, 2005 08:46 PM
Praylu is currently offline Click here to Send Praylu a Private Message Find more posts by Praylu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mainstream
lighting the way

Joker cool .....a twisted killer clown

Old Post Jun 30th, 2005 08:48 PM
Mainstream is currently offline Click here to Send Mainstream a Private Message Find more posts by Mainstream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
b-dan
Son of Sparda

Originally posted by king_arthur
There can only be one Joker and that is Jack Nicholson.
i agree just get him to do it again he was lawyas older than batman anywaysbut i would really like the scarecrow to retrune

Old Post Jul 1st, 2005 01:58 AM
b-dan is currently offline Click here to Send b-dan a Private Message Find more posts by b-dan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Joker#1
Powerful foe

Sean Penn is a good choice

Old Post Jul 1st, 2005 01:59 AM
The Joker#1 is currently offline Click here to Send The Joker#1 a Private Message Find more posts by The Joker#1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Joker1237

GREAT, the only thing ones need is other Joker Fan lol.

Have a laugh evey now and than.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2005 02:23 AM
Joker1237 is currently offline Click here to Send Joker1237 a Private Message Find more posts by Joker1237 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Altar[1stONE]
Lone Wolf

Originally posted by Joker1237
how can he be the Joker with out well taking the toxic bath yet???.

hello! how many flash backs were there in batman begins. Im sure they will show it . What about vincent gallo as the joker lmao. I think glover was born to play the part.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2005 10:44 AM
Altar[1stONE] is currently offline Click here to Send Altar[1stONE] a Private Message Find more posts by Altar[1stONE] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NoFate007

Just because he leaves the joker card doesn't mean he's already fallen in the acid. Its a calling card, cause he thinks killing is funny, its all a joke to him.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2005 11:07 AM
NoFate007 is currently offline Click here to Send NoFate007 a Private Message Find more posts by NoFate007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu

Exactly,

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2005 10:03 AM
Praylu is currently offline Click here to Send Praylu a Private Message Find more posts by Praylu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu

Adrien Brody?

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jul 5th, 2005 12:07 AM
sevenman

Robin Williams

Homer: Batman's a scientist.
Marge: IT'S NOT BATMAN!

Old Post Jul 5th, 2005 12:57 AM
sevenman is currently offline Click here to Send sevenman a Private Message Find more posts by sevenman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

How about Joe Viterelli for Joker?

(please log in to view the image)

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2005 12:57 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu

Very amusing, roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Jul 5th, 2005 01:46 AM
NoFate007

Wow, I forgot about Brody...he might be good

Old Post Jul 5th, 2005 02:44 AM
NoFate007 is currently offline Click here to Send NoFate007 a Private Message Find more posts by NoFate007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu

True, it actually hadn't occurred to me until someone on the CBM boards suggested it. Adrien Brody has delivered great performances in the past winning an Academy Award and displaying somewhat of a crazy side of himself in the Village. He also seems to have some of the facial features required along with an appropriate physique that resembles that of the Joker. Crispin Glover and Brody are my two and only choices to play the role of the Joker thus far.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2005 06:50 AM
~The Wickerman~
The Evanghelist

Originally posted by b-dan
i agree just get him to do it again he was lawyas older than batman anywaysbut i would really like the scarecrow to retrune

I'm just gonna "break all the rules" here and say that i wasn't a big fan of how Jack Nicholson portrayed the joker. His acting is very good, but IMO it wasn't what was needed for the joker. He had awesome lines, but that's not because of Jack Nicholson. Jack Nicholson also had a crappy body IMO for the Joker. He was too old, too fat, and not nearly "graceful" enough if you get my drift. He didn't have the right nose, and the make-up used on him looked like crap. The only thing he got right were the jokes....and even then there was just something wrong about the voice. Hamill is the obvious best choice for voice IMO, but an entire movie with voice-over simply wouldn't work. Now that i'm done bashing Nicholson, lemme add my little piece of thought:

- Glover has the insanity part down, has the right physionomy (sp?), and is perfect in fits of rage. However, i think the character would be lacking in the "jokes" part. He'd be the opposite of nicholson. Nicholson - funny but not dark enough, Glover - dark but not funny enough.

- Sean Penn....well, he did an excellent job in Mystic River, but again, i'm not sure about the "joke" part. he COULD do it, but he might come out looking like someone trying really really hard to do something someone else would do with ease.

- Ed Norton would look like a transvestite .....really......He's an AWESOME actor, and i loved him in every movie i've seen him in. He was feckin INCREDIBLE in Fight Club, and that part where he loses his temper and beats the crap out of the blond dude (knocking all his teeth out) was VERY joker-like......but i just don't think he has the looks for a Joker. Not to mention if they go with the "Jack Napier" background, he'd prolly make a crappy gun for hire.

- Jude Law is also an awesome actor. One of his best roles, in Road of Perdition was awesome, and also very joker-esque. I think he'd make an excellent candidate if he buffed up a bit.

- Joe Viterelli

As for the rest of the actors mentioned, i don't know them well enough to comment. Thanks for reading this...if you did.

~wickerman~

Old Post Jul 5th, 2005 12:04 PM
~The Wickerman~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~The Wickerman~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~The Wickerman~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tpaquin
The Guy With the Gun

I think that Christian Bale should play the joker, and stop kidding around.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jul 5th, 2005 08:24 PM
tpaquin is currently offline Click here to Send tpaquin a Private Message Find more posts by tpaquin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote