KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Proof of Darth Revan's abilities?

Proof of Darth Revan's abilities?
Started by: Darth Plagues

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
xxxpoppunker182

revan knows all the lightsaber forms i mean its nit that hard to lern them there are only 6 while he was around and mace windu learned all of themn and made vaapad. but revan doesnt know all the force techiniques only NJO luke does.

people dont understanbd that NJO luke is all powerful and is the greatest force user ever even greater than the ancient sith lords.

so revan was a master with a lightsaber but not force techniques.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2005 05:53 PM
Click here to Send xxxpoppunker182 a Private Message Find more posts by xxxpoppunker182 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Plagues

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Wanderer259
If you think NJO Luke is more powerful than Revan, well, that's your opinion and it's your prerogative as to what that opinion is; many would agree with you as well, possibly including myself. However, though Revan may not know everything about the Force (which, as has been brought up many times though you ignored it, is likely impossible), he was extremely knowledgeable in either side of the Force's abilities and was a very skilled lightsaber combatant. There's no disputing that - it's been stated in the KotOR series of games. If you want examples of Revan's power, search through the boards. They're there, trust me.

I have never denied Darth Revan is powerful. The point of this thread was to find truth behind how Darth Revan knew all lightsaber forms and Force techniques, in which people have failed to do. They have created these things in their fantasies. Darth Revan is powerful, but not to the extent of which many have claimed.

And about Wanderer259 saying you should look something up, before posting. Maybe you should take your advice and have a little talk with the Darth Revan fans...maybe as well with yourself. I looked that up to break you argument about all that manipulation stuff, which had nothing to do with this thread. If you think I have ignored your post it is, because it is pathetic to read someones post about a character's abilities that they have made up in their fantasies, which they represent to me and expect me to accept it as actual proof. Now with that said I have proven my point with this thread...I am done...this thread is closed, unless someone can provide proof and a source to prove me wrong. I have heard all the quotes from KOTOR I can bear. That is just the opinion of that character in the game, not actual proof that can be accepted.

This thread is closed...unless proof can be shown.

Originally posted by xxxpoppunker182
revan knows all the lightsaber forms i mean its nit that hard to lern them there are only 6 while he was around and mace windu learned all of themn and made vaapad. but revan doesnt know all the force techiniques only NJO luke does.

people dont understanbd that NJO luke is all powerful and is the greatest force user ever even greater than the ancient sith lords.

so revan was a master with a lightsaber but not force techniques.

NJO Luke Skywalker nor Yoda have mastered everything either. No one can attaine that much information. This is the whole point of this thread.

This thread is closed...unless proof of Darth Revan abilities can be shown.

Last edited by Darth Plagues on Jun 25th, 2005 at 07:26 PM

Old Post Jun 25th, 2005 07:22 PM
Click here to Send Darth Plagues a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Plagues Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Achilles X
Restricted

Account Restricted

too bad you cant close it

and wanderer or anyone else here needs to do anything about revan fans. pretty much everyone who has posted here has said the same thing, revan was very powerful and definitely one of the most powerful jedi/sith ever, but he didnt know all the force powers, or all the lightsaber forms. he knew a lot of both, but not all of it. any competent person can see that, just like revan, fishy, me and a few others who posted here. yet you continue to argue. you just heard from some n00b that revan knows everything and now you have to go make a thread about it. youre just looking for an argument. i mean i never saw anyone say that he knew EVERYTHING, so it could be just an exaggeration on your part.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2005 08:52 PM
Click here to Send Achilles X a Private Message Find more posts by Achilles X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperor Revan
Most Powerful Sith Lord

Originally posted by Darth Plagues
Right...No one knows them all. Emperor Revan if you want a reply to your post here it is...

I am not going to waste my time explaining to someone why the Ancient Sith are more powerful than the Sith later on down the line with someone who has created pathetic things about Darth Revan in their fantasies. There is no point in it. Like I have said, I proven my point...this thread is over...unless someone can prove all these claims. I have given people a chance and I still got replies that are filled with the dumbest excuses of why Darth Revan knows all these things. (That does not apply to everyone that has posted on this forum)

laughing

You guys can write the lamest things to explain your fantasies...

(How was that for a reply Emperor Revan? Go ahead waste your time in writing a response big grin thumb up )

Ok, dumb ass I will. You're a stupid hipocrite that makes up his own shit about whatever he wants. You don't believe all the things Revan did even though any credible star wars website will list them, and you want proof that he has all these techniques when there's ABSOLUTELY NOTHING on Ragnos whom you think is the strongest Sith ever. Even though you can't prove a damn thing about Ragnos, you want this proof on Revan over something no one ever even said. You want proof? Wikipedia says Revan is thought by many to be the most powerful Sith lord of all time and it says jack squatt about Ragnos. Did I mention Marka got his ass handed to him by Jaden? Get your head out of your ass, and stop being the worst poster/hipocrite on this site.

Fishy: Rock on man, I loved the posts.

Thanks to Janus for the great Sig.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2005 11:28 PM
Click here to Send Emperor Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Emperor Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wanderer259

quote:
And about Wanderer259 saying you should look something up, before posting. Maybe you should take your advice and have a little talk with the Darth Revan fans...maybe as well with yourself. I looked that up to break you argument about all that manipulation stuff, which had nothing to do with this thread.

It has everything to do with this thread. Why? See two paragraphs below.

As for 'breaking' my argument, no, you didn't.

quote:
Instead he used that emptiness as a way to point to search out a void, and as it formed, the black hole blossomed fully in the Force.

The void that the vehicle's dovin basals created to intercept the missiles was a gravitic anomaly that had subtances in the real world. Tiny threads of the Force leaked into it as insects and birds, bats and bugs were pulled into it. Luke used their vanishing life traces and very currents in the air that the void created to define the void.

Luke did not 'create' a spontaneous black hole out of the Force; he simply took what was there and used the Force to manipulate it into one. It flat out says that the vehicle's dovin basals were part of it and that he used other things to 'define' it. Where's the use of a specific learned power to spontaneously create a black hole? To me, it seems like he simply knew the ingredients and used the Force to manipulate them into creating one.

quote:
Right now I can prove that he cannot do all Force powers...

He doesn't know how to make black holes (NJO Luke Skywalker)...if he did he could have used it to destroy the Star Forge.

He doesn't know how to move planets (Naga Sadow)...if he could he would have done it to the Star Forge with that star.

He doesn't know how to do battle meditation (Bastila, Exile, and Luke Skywalker)...he would have used it throughout the Mandilorian Wars.

He doesn't know how to alter gravity (NJO Luke Skywalker & Jacen Solo)...if he did he could have saved the Ebon Hawk as it crashed on the unknown planet.

quote:
During Darth Revan's reign of the galaxy...he only used Force powers that were known to Jedi/Sith since the discover of the Force.

None of those are 'powers' to be learned - they're simply ways of using the Force to 'make stuff happen'. There's no knowing or not knowing how to do something, it's simply the imagination, the will, and the control over the Force to do such. Therefore, your examples of Revan 'not knowing all Force powers' are irrelevant.

quote:
If you think I have ignored your post it is, because it is pathetic to read someones post about a character's abilities that they have made up in their fantasies, which they represent to me and expect me to accept it as actual proof.

I didn't present you with a list of Revan's powers, real or made-up; don't put text where there isn't.

You've proved nothing; try again. Though, I don't see why you would considering this entire thread, beginning with your initial post, is pointless.

By the way, if you want an actual example of Revan's power, he was able to be bombarded by Malachor (IV or V?)'s energies without becoming obliterated. He dominated the Dark Side rather than falling victim to it as all others do.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2005 06:12 AM
Click here to Send Wanderer259 a Private Message Find more posts by Wanderer259 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AmrothSkywalker
Savior of the Galaxy

Half of the peoples arguements don't hold up here for one reason: KOTOR can be beaten two different ways!!!

Leader of the Xbox Live Knights 0f the 0ld Republic clan. "Your overconfidence is your weakness" "Your faith in your friends is yours" "I can feel the good in you, the conflict" "I'll never turn to the dark side"

Old Post Jun 26th, 2005 09:17 AM
Click here to Send AmrothSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by AmrothSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Teeron
Dark Lord Of Naboo

So?

Old Post Jun 26th, 2005 09:31 AM
Click here to Send Darth Teeron a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Teeron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fishy

What does that have to do with anything?

You clearly said Darth Revan...

And even if you said Revan it wouldn't matter because he would still know all the same things...

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post Jun 26th, 2005 12:20 PM
Click here to Send Fishy a Private Message Find more posts by Fishy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperor Revan
Most Powerful Sith Lord

Every time he opens his mouth his IQ drops even lower, I didn't know that was possible. Ok, you said DARTH Revan, meaning dark side. Revan simply means either and Lightside Revan means light side. Besides, that barely changes a thing except he didn't go dark side so his power would be slightly weaker and we don't know if he recovered his full memories on the light side or not.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2005 02:09 PM
Click here to Send Emperor Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Emperor Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fishy

He did and his power would not really be weaker. He never fully went Dark and always drew from both sides of the force. The only reason Revan was dark was because it would accomplish his goals in a better way for him and probably the universe.

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post Jun 26th, 2005 04:10 PM
Click here to Send Fishy a Private Message Find more posts by Fishy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nai
Advocatus Diaboli

I have never denied Darth Revan is powerful. The point of this thread was to find truth behind how Darth Revan knew all lightsaber forms and Force techniques, in which people have failed to do. They have created these things in their fantasies. Darth Revan is powerful, but not to the extent of which many have claimed.

Well...I've seen a lot of Revan "fanboys" in this forum...I might be one of them to a certain degree...but I never have seen people saying Revan could do everything.

He knew all lightsaber forms. That is obvious. The Exile knew them and since Revan probably trained with all the masters the Exile came across later he must have known all that forms too. That is very basic knowledge for a Jedi even in ROTS times since they all have to learn form I and later specialize on another form so they have to know all forms to chose their own form from.
It's another question how good Revan could use that forms. Well...since he killed thousands of opponents with a lightsaber (containing Jedi, Dark Jedi, Jedi Masters and Sith Lords) I would say he can use them quite well.

For force powers: Again I have never seen a statement saying Revan knew everything. He simply couldn't. But he did knew a lot of stuff...that is also obvious from the things you can experience by yourself while playing KOTOR or get to know while playing KOTOR 2.

The problem discussing about Revan is, that Revan is no determined figure within the SW universe. He is a RPG char and therefore every person played as "Revan" has another idea about that character. Starting with the question if Revan was male or female (male is considered canon), if he was LS or DS (LS is canon !) and then going into detail (what powers did he learn about ? What things did he discover ?). You could do the same discussion about Kyle Katarn or the Exile as well.

"Dear God, what is it like in your funny little brains?"

Old Post Jun 26th, 2005 04:38 PM
Click here to Send Nai a Private Message Find more posts by Nai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Plagues

Well I can see many have wasted their own time in writing responses that are quite pathetic (This does not conclude everybody)...Now you know I have never denied Revan was powerful...and I don't know where you got me saying Ragnos is the most powerful Sith Lord ever. My statement on that was the Ancient Sith are more powerful than the Sith later on down the line...that's just fact. Also Fishy and others have even stated that a spirit loses its power when it does not use it for awhile. Ragnos was dormant for like 5,000 years. And Ragnos at his peak he could throw a planet at Revan or something that popped up in his imagination. Now all this other stuff of Revan was the greatest is quit funny...I mean come on you guys are making things up on a video game character. Yes, Revan was great, but not to the extent many of you have claimed. Most of this stuff is just opinions and theories that were created and you use the theories as steroids and pump something up even higher than what is really is. Now if you want to make some reply to this post filled with insults...go right ahead, but I don't care. You can throw as many insults at me that you want...but your just wasting your time, you think it really hurts me? I am done with the pointless bickering...It comes down to this...

Revan did some great feats in his time, but the entire thing that you guys have posted numerouse times on the NJO Luke Skywalker vs. Darth Revan thread about how he knew everything...is pathetic. Go back and look if you wish.

Like the dude that though he was cool above and said "well you can't close it"

Well you idiot I not coming back here so anything else that is written is just a waste of time. I have proven the point I wanted to make...leading you into my goal was quit easy. The person you hate controls you. Ok well this thing is closed. I'm never coming back here so...keep writing and waste you time...

What the f**k?

Old Post Jun 26th, 2005 05:40 PM
Click here to Send Darth Plagues a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Plagues Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fishy

You have proven nothing.... And you will read this, i'm 100% sure of it so i'm just going to write my reply...

You have proven absolutely nothing. Revan knew more then most people there is no doubt about that, he has learned a lot about a lot. More then a lot of other people and he learned it fast. He knew every lightsaber technique nobody said he mastered it. The rest of what you call theories are hardly theories they are just conclusions drawn from what is said without it literally being said.

Like most people say that Yoda trained for about 900 years. Would seem like a logical thing even if it was never said.

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post Jun 26th, 2005 05:44 PM
xxxpoppunker182

And about Wanderer259 saying you should look something up, before posting. Maybe you should take your advice and have a little talk with the Darth Revan fans...maybe as well with yourself. I looked that up to break you argument about all that manipulation stuff, which had nothing to do with this thread. If you think I have ignored your post it is, because it is pathetic to read someones post about a character's abilities that they have made up in their fantasies, which they represent to me and expect me to accept it as actual proof. Now with that said I have proven my point with this thread...I am done...this thread is closed, unless someone can provide proof and a source to prove me wrong. I have heard all the quotes from KOTOR I can bear. That is just the opinion of that character in the game, not actual proof that can be accepted.

This thread is closed...unless proof can be shown.

NJO Luke Skywalker nor Yoda have mastered everything either. No one can attaine that much information. This is the whole point of this thread.

This thread is closed...unless proof of Darth Revan abilities can be shown.

it is possible to learn all the lightsabers forms. mace windu did it.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2005 06:57 PM
Click here to Send xxxpoppunker182 a Private Message Find more posts by xxxpoppunker182 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Somebody

Let me say. Darth Revan is powerful. But it is indeed where most people make him out to be a god that infuriates others. I've seen people overly exagerate Revan's powers, Palpatine's powers, Yoda's powers, and NJO Luke's powers. If it's all TRUE - then don't call them Sith or Jedi. IF the creators imbued their characters with THAT much power - they're certainly gods. Lol.

Anyways. The four aforementioned characters are considered to be the top for the following:

Intelligence/Cunning: Palpatine
Dark Side Power/Tactics: Revan
Wisdom/Experience: Yoda
Sheer Power/Strength: NJO Luke

But please remember that all four have been beaten and all four have failed. It is mostly the NJO Luke and Revan people who tend to make it seem that their favorite characters are gods. They're not.

I can't wait for someone to come along and kick Luke's ass in the NJO series. It has been LONG overdue. And I hope someone does it to Revan. To show that though these two are HIGHLY powerful - they are NOT gods.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2005 02:12 AM
Click here to Send Darth Somebody a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Somebody Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RocasAtoll

Right now I can prove that he cannot do all Force powers...

He doesn't know how to make black holes (NJO Luke Skywalker)...if he did he could have used it to destroy the Star Forge.

He doesn't know how to move planets (Naga Sadow)...if he could he would have done it to the Star Forge with that star.

He doesn't know how to do battle meditation (Bastila, Exile, and Luke Skywalker)...he would have used it throughout the Mandilorian Wars.

He doesn't know how to alter gravity (NJO Luke Skywalker & Jacen Solo)...if he did he could have saved the Ebon Hawk as it crashed on the unknown planet.

And about the lightsaber forms...Darth Revan fans have still failed to prove this...

The black hole things right. And why would have done that to the Star Forge wit hthe Star? And no, he could've of saved it since he did not know his full power yet. He didn't even know he was Revan stupid!

Does anyone know all the lightsabre forms? No. but we can know since he trained with different Masters that he would learn their different forms under them.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2005 02:40 AM
Click here to Send RocasAtoll a Private Message Find more posts by RocasAtoll Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RocasAtoll

During Darth Revan's reign of the galaxy...he only used Force powers that were known to Jedi/Sith since the discover of the Force. Luke on the other hand discovered new abilities and didn't even fight that much as Revan did. So no Revan is not the most powerful. Even during Luke's teachings when he was informing his students of great Jedi from the past...he never mentioned one word of Darth Revan...and he had holocrons dating back to Darth Revan's era. And don't give me "Luke was trying to hide things that the Sith did." He taught his students of Exar Kun...

Yes, Revan would have more knowledge of history available to him since the majority of Sith and Jedi Lore was destroyed during the war with Malak, the crashing of the Floating Academy, and last the purge of the Jedi. (This would destroy almost everything). So, Revan would have more history available to him that Luke.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2005 02:49 AM
Click here to Send RocasAtoll a Private Message Find more posts by RocasAtoll Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xxxpoppunker182

Originally posted by Darth Somebody
Let me say. Darth Revan is powerful. But it is indeed where most people make him out to be a god that infuriates others. I've seen people overly exagerate Revan's powers, Palpatine's powers, Yoda's powers, and NJO Luke's powers. If it's all TRUE - then don't call them Sith or Jedi. IF the creators imbued their characters with THAT much power - they're certainly gods. Lol.

Anyways. The four aforementioned characters are considered to be the top for the following:

Intelligence/Cunning: Palpatine
Dark Side Power/Tactics: Revan
Wisdom/Experience: Yoda
Sheer Power/Strength: NJO Luke

But please remember that all four have been beaten and all four have failed. It is mostly the NJO Luke and Revan people who tend to make it seem that their favorite characters are gods. They're not.

I can't wait for someone to come along and kick Luke's ass in the NJO series. It has been LONG overdue. And I hope someone does it to Revan. To show that though these two are HIGHLY powerful - they are NOT gods.

you're completly right. personally i love revan and NJO luke they are in my top 5 but they AREN'T gods at all they are very powerful but some fans just want them to be THAT powerful because its their favorit SW character.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2005 03:42 AM
Emperor Revan
Most Powerful Sith Lord

Well I can see many have wasted their own time in writing responses that are quite pathetic (This does not conclude everybody)...Now you know I have never denied Revan was powerful...and I don't know where you got me saying Ragnos is the most powerful Sith Lord ever. My statement on that was the Ancient Sith are more powerful than the Sith later on down the line...that's just fact. Also Fishy and others have even stated that a spirit loses its power when it does not use it for awhile. Ragnos was dormant for like 5,000 years. And Ragnos at his peak he could throw a planet at Revan or something that popped up in his imagination. Now all this other stuff of Revan was the greatest is quit funny...I mean come on you guys are making things up on a video game character. Yes, Revan was great, but not to the extent many of you have claimed. Most of this stuff is just opinions and theories that were created and you use the theories as steroids and pump something up even higher than what is really is. Now if you want to make some reply to this post filled with insults...go right ahead, but I don't care. You can throw as many insults at me that you want...but your just wasting your time, you think it really hurts me? I am done with the pointless bickering...It comes down to this...

Revan did some great feats in his time, but the entire thing that you guys have posted numerouse times on the NJO Luke Skywalker vs. Darth Revan thread about how he knew everything...is pathetic. Go back and look if you wish.

Like the dude that though he was cool above and said "well you can't close it"

Well you idiot I not coming back here so anything else that is written is just a waste of time. I have proven the point I wanted to make...leading you into my goal was quit easy. The person you hate controls you. Ok well this thing is closed. I'm never coming back here so...keep writing and waste you time...

What the f**k?

You said Ragnos was the best in either the Revan vs. Yoda or Revan vs. NJO Luke. Ragnos' spirit was charged with force energy from dozens of locations, the yavin temples, hoth, byss, bespin, etc. His spirit was fully charged and even in the body of a dark Jedi master with a sith sword, he still got manhandled by a Jedi knight. And you say "Ragnos could just throw a planet at Revan or something that popped in his imagination" you hypocrite. Where's the proof that he could do that, let alone anything. RAGNOS DID NOTHING YET YOU THINK HE CAN DO THAT EVEN THOUGH HE GOT WHOOPED BY JADEN YET LORD REVAN YOU CONSIDER WEAK BECAUSE YOU SAY WE EXAGGERATE HIS POWER WHEN WE DON'T. YOU EXAGGERATE RAGNOS' POWER AND MOST OF US DON'T EXAGGERATE REVAN'S POWER SO YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT AND YOU MAKE UP THIS CRAP BECAUSE YOU DON'T WANT PEOPLE TO THINK REVAN IS AS STRONG AS HE IS.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2005 02:45 PM