KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Artwork Forum » Poetry Corner » Prose poems by myself

Prose poems by myself
Started by: alcoholicpoet

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
intoxicatedpoet

Here's an attempt at a love poem:

Seeing your form dance across my vision, seeing your face look into mine, to merely hear the whisper of your name, is a pleasure, appreciated by me more than any other living being. I am awestruck by your beauty, and your beauty's grace. I lay snug in the warm aura, radiated from your existance, I lavish in the sight of your form. You are the definition of beauty, the definition of life in love. Your radiance, unparalleled by any other, you are the reason I live, you are the muse of my songs, you are the purpose of my poems. I write not for myself, my profit, but instead for the sustenance of you, and for the promise of life with you. 'Tis you, 'tis you who I love, 'tis you who I hold as the goddess of my universe, and no other.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2005 11:18 AM
intoxicatedpoet is currently offline Click here to Send intoxicatedpoet a Private Message Find more posts by intoxicatedpoet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Coldfire
<3 <3 <3

quote: (post)
Originally posted by alcoholicpoet

Seeing your form dance across my vision, seeing your face look into mine, to merely hear the whisper of your name, is a pleasure, appreciated by me more than any other living being. I am awestruck by your beauty, and your beauty's grace. I lay snug in the warm aura, radiated from your existance, I lavish in the sight of your form. You are the definition of beauty, the definition of life in love. Your radiance, unparalleled by any other, you are the reason I live, you are the muse of my songs, you are the purpose of my poems. I write not for myself, my profit, but instead for the sustenance of you, and for the promise of life with you. 'Tis you, 'tis you who I love, 'tis you who I hold as the goddess of my universe, and no other.

Omg that's beautiful. Reminds me of me unfortunately Cept now I need to find a new muse...

Old Post Jul 20th, 2005 08:03 PM
Coldfire is currently offline Click here to Send Coldfire a Private Message Find more posts by Coldfire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DreamingWarrior
Knight Errant

Nice dude.... hope you never have to leave that goddess.

Sent from heaven to raise some hell.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2005 09:49 PM
DreamingWarrior is currently offline Click here to Send DreamingWarrior a Private Message Find more posts by DreamingWarrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fëanor

eek! someone is in love!!!! eek!

i see now you are the master of prose and i....the padawan learner

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 02:03 PM
Fëanor is currently offline Click here to Send Fëanor a Private Message Find more posts by Fëanor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
intoxicatedpoet

Thanks, and, yes, I don't know if you could call it love, but we've been going six months thus far together.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 02:07 PM
intoxicatedpoet is currently offline Click here to Send intoxicatedpoet a Private Message Find more posts by intoxicatedpoet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fëanor

a rose by any other name.....

big grin

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 03:47 PM
Fëanor is currently offline Click here to Send Fëanor a Private Message Find more posts by Fëanor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
intoxicatedpoet

Untitled

I sift through the lands not seen, I shrug off my initial fear of new things dawning, my, doors previously closed to change, instead change themselves, opening to the prospect of difference in living, and diversity in life. I move my unseen shape into, and out of, lands unconquered, I see that which was hitherto unseen, and through discovery, my life changes unlike any other, my life turns and brings upon itself, purpose, purpose to live, and purpose to bring to the earth life. I shift through the world, it’s lands dance across the iris of my eye, its beauties, and its scarring visions, under mine eye. I see all that can, and all that will, be seen, and through my spectation of the Earth, I create things that are to be seen, and my things are seen, and I am seen, fulfilling that which would be my goal as a spectator of the universe.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 09:13 PM
DreamingWarrior
Knight Errant

Nice, and good luck with the lady dude.

Sent from heaven to raise some hell.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 09:40 PM
DreamingWarrior is currently offline Click here to Send DreamingWarrior a Private Message Find more posts by DreamingWarrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Coldfire
<3 <3 <3

Thanks, and, yes, I don't know if you could call it love, but we've been going six months thus far together.

Awww well then congrats! big grin

Great poem

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2005 04:25 AM
Coldfire is currently offline Click here to Send Coldfire a Private Message Find more posts by Coldfire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tassie

damn, imagine the lucky girl who gets that. big grin How can any girl resist...?

all beautiful, as usual^^

Old Post Jul 28th, 2005 04:21 AM
Tassie is currently offline Click here to Send Tassie a Private Message Find more posts by Tassie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
intoxicatedpoet

Sunday with the Media

My sunday's evening, entangled in a screen, of lives I care not for, and events, that don't disrupt my own. I stare on, lazily, at a screen, absorbing world news, local news. I learn of things that do not affect my world, that don't positively, or negatively dictate my day. I stare on, as the world moves quickly around my laze.

Shorter than usual, I like it though.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2005 05:31 AM
Coldfire
<3 <3 <3

Sunday with the Media

My sunday's evening, entangled in a screen, of lives I care not for, and events, that don't disrupt my own. I stare on, lazily, at a screen, absorbing world news, local news. I learn of things that do not affect my world, that don't positively, or negatively dictate my day. I stare on, as the world moves quickly around my laze.

Shorter than usual, I like it though.

Oooo I like it too. The shortness of it only enhances the poem

Old Post Jul 28th, 2005 05:49 AM
critias

how many boys visited this poetry discussion?

Old Post Jul 28th, 2005 06:09 AM
critias is currently offline Click here to Send critias a Private Message Find more posts by critias Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
intoxicatedpoet

Originally posted by critias
how many boys visited this poetry discussion?

I know Feanor, DW, and myself are of the male gender, are you a guy, Coldfire?

Old Post Jul 28th, 2005 06:12 AM
critias

im a boy that writes poetry but im best at love poems

Old Post Jul 28th, 2005 06:14 AM
critias is currently offline Click here to Send critias a Private Message Find more posts by critias Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
intoxicatedpoet

im a boy that writes poetry but im best at love poems

Go ahead and open up a thread, each poet gets one thread in which to post all their works.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2005 06:16 AM
critias

anybody like teen titans here?

Old Post Jul 28th, 2005 06:20 AM
critias

how i do that?

Old Post Jul 28th, 2005 06:20 AM
intoxicatedpoet

how i do that?

Scroll to the bottem of the page and click "New Topic" title it, then type the poetry in the space alotted.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2005 06:24 AM
critias

im gonna start my thread now

Old Post Jul 28th, 2005 06:26 AM