KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » How Much Do You Know About The Star Wars Universe?

How Much Do You Know About The Star Wars Universe?
Started by: Neo_Version 7

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Neo_Version 7
Smile (:

Geez!

I pale in comparison.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2005 07:45 AM
Click here to Send Neo_Version 7 a Private Message Find more posts by Neo_Version 7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~The Wickerman~
The Evanghelist

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
I know a good deal. probably more than Starwarsfreak, but I think that he thinks he knows more than he eally does. I have read around sixty books, not a lot of comics, read essential guide to characters, weapons, vehicles, new vehicles, and new characters at least three times. Some of my buddies at school know a good deal about SW also and we have competitions. One person asks us questions, and then two people race to try and answer it. I'm the undisputed best, but whatever. Most times I'm just to lazy to type a good answer. Starwarsfreak, remember that I beat you at naming planets.

Probably 30-40%

Do these books mean novels only, or do you include handbooks and manuals for the Star Wars RPG by Wizards?

~wickerman~

Old Post Jun 29th, 2005 09:00 AM
Click here to Send ~The Wickerman~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~The Wickerman~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo_Version 7
Smile (:

I think that would be a little TOO much.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2005 01:00 PM
Click here to Send Neo_Version 7 a Private Message Find more posts by Neo_Version 7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~The Wickerman~
The Evanghelist

Originally posted by Neo_Version 7
I think that would be a little TOO much.

Not really. The Wizards of the Coast handbooks for PnP (pen and paper) games are easy to understand even though they may seem nasty to first-viewers and are oozing with information. For instance i must've read at least 40 such manuals for DnD...

~wickerman~

Old Post Jun 29th, 2005 02:23 PM
Click here to Send ~The Wickerman~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~The Wickerman~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

Originally posted by Wickerman
Do these books mean novels only, or do you include handbooks and manuals for the Star Wars RPG by Wizards?

~wickerman~

just novels around 40. i was including the kid books in the 60 number.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2005 06:15 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Glentract a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Glentract Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
starwarsfreak34
Grand Admiral

Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
I know a good deal. probably more than Starwarsfreak, but I think that he thinks he knows more than he eally does. I have read around sixty books, not a lot of comics, read essential guide to characters, weapons, vehicles, new vehicles, and new characters at least three times. Some of my buddies at school know a good deal about SW also and we have competitions. One person asks us questions, and then two people race to try and answer it. I'm the undisputed best, but whatever. Most times I'm just to lazy to type a good answer. Starwarsfreak, remember that I beat you at naming planets.

Probably 30-40%

give yourself a bit more credit! i mean, seriously, i have problably read about the same number of books as that and the essential guides. and i own most of them. i recently read traitor for the ninth time and am about to start TUF for the fifth. seriously, you and i are just about even.

and that match on planets doesn't count. i was trying to use ones that hadn't been used before on the thread. i doubted i could find more from my memory--and dont forget, you probably made most of yours up! laughing

Old Post Jun 29th, 2005 06:17 PM
Click here to Send starwarsfreak34 a Private Message Find more posts by starwarsfreak34 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

well, you didnt say anything about it at the time. So......

JK. All of those planets were real. Plus, I'm counting all of the infinities out there. I havent read a lot of those.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2005 06:20 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Glentract a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Glentract Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
starwarsfreak34
Grand Admiral

and i also agree that the WotC does count, very much so. there is nothing wrong with striving for knowledge, no matter what the source--as WotC is pretty rubbish when it comes to giving accurate bios on characters

Old Post Jun 29th, 2005 06:20 PM
Click here to Send starwarsfreak34 a Private Message Find more posts by starwarsfreak34 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

I never really spent a lot of time looking at wizards stuff. I might start soon while I'm waiting for some new books to come out. Does anyone know much about the nine books series coming out soon?

Old Post Jun 29th, 2005 06:23 PM
starwarsfreak34
Grand Admiral

yes. it is at the moment called the legacy of the force series, and its time period will be known as the legacy era. the first book is entitled Betrayal. the full description can be found on theforce.net

Old Post Jun 29th, 2005 06:26 PM
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

Is the darknest also part of it?

Old Post Jun 29th, 2005 06:27 PM
starwarsfreak34
Grand Admiral

not quite, though it does bridge the gap between legacy and the NJO. did you know that Leia supposedly becomes an apprentice to saba Sebatyne? anyway, all i know is what is on theforce.net

Old Post Jun 29th, 2005 06:30 PM
starwarsfreak34
Grand Admiral

and the reason i know about leai is derived from an excerpt posted on the OS message boards. a conversation between leia and corran leads him to ask whether saba has taught her anything yet, and the front cover of the unseen queen (books 2) is leia wearing jedi robes

Old Post Jun 29th, 2005 06:31 PM
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

I should start going there again. its been awhile.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2005 06:31 PM
starwarsfreak34
Grand Admiral

i prefer theforce.net as it is kept more up to date

Old Post Jun 29th, 2005 06:32 PM
Commander Duck
The Expendable Jedi

50% cool

Old Post Jun 29th, 2005 09:40 PM
Click here to Send Commander Duck a Private Message Find more posts by Commander Duck Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperor Revan
Most Powerful Sith Lord

I would say somewhere around 60%. I can name the species for most aliens, and name off about 30 or more planets from the top of my head.

Thanks to Janus for the great Sig.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2005 10:45 PM
Click here to Send Emperor Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Emperor Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Travizzle
Step Off

Originally posted by Djnannadaddy
wow, a percantage...........hmm......rather low....bout 5%

Well now that I think of it, I know like 45% actually...

Every feel like being evil?

Old Post Jun 29th, 2005 11:16 PM
Click here to Send Darth Travizzle a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Travizzle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
starwarsfreak34
Grand Admiral

Originally posted by Emperor Revan
I would say somewhere around 60%. I can name the species for most aliens, and name off about 30 or more planets from the top of my head.

only 30?!?

Old Post Jun 30th, 2005 05:33 PM
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

I really think your overestimating you knowlege Emperor Revan. Revan himself probably only knows 55%

Old Post Jun 30th, 2005 05:35 PM