KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » Arwen VS Eowyn

Who's the best: Eowyn or Arwen?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Arwen 49 56.98%
Eowyn 22 25.58%
Both! 15 17.44%
Total: 86 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Arwen VS Eowyn
Started by: DanielLB

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
A.D. Skinner
Assistant Director

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Frozen kisses
I have to say eowyn. All arwen seemed to do was cry.

Eowyn seemed much more like a stronger woman than Arwen. Arwen was only worried about Aragorn and their love...where as even though Eowyn was falling in love with him...she was not scared to fight for what she loved the most !!!

Old Post Dec 14th, 2005 06:15 PM
A.D. Skinner is currently offline Click here to Send A.D. Skinner a Private Message Find more posts by A.D. Skinner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nerdanel
Ice Queen

Originally posted by A.D. Skinner
Eowyn seemed much more like a stronger woman than Arwen. Arwen was only worried about Aragorn and their love...where as even though Eowyn was falling in love with him...she was not scared to fight for what she loved the most !!!

Meh women..some cry some fight..

Old Post Dec 17th, 2005 11:39 AM
Nerdanel is currently offline Click here to Send Nerdanel a Private Message Find more posts by Nerdanel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bogen

elfs rule, no questions asked. sleep

Facebook
Cheers starlock, your a champ. wink

Old Post Dec 17th, 2005 12:47 PM
bogen is currently offline Click here to Send bogen a Private Message Find more posts by bogen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Council#13
The Omega Male

Arwen is cleaner, prettier, but im not sure sweeter. but she is more intelligent and almost as brave as eowyn. she challeneged all nine Nazgul

"Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one." -Dr. Seuss

Old Post Dec 18th, 2005 09:17 AM
Council#13 is currently offline Click here to Send Council#13 a Private Message Find more posts by Council#13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LadyOfMirkwood9
Daugther of Thranduil

Arwen of course

Old Post Jul 19th, 2006 07:48 PM
LadyOfMirkwood9 is currently offline Click here to Send LadyOfMirkwood9 a Private Message Find more posts by LadyOfMirkwood9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fëanor

Originally posted by LadyOfMirkwood9
Arwen of course
NOOOOO!!!!! Eowyn is by far better than Arwen.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2006 07:49 PM
Fëanor is currently offline Click here to Send Fëanor a Private Message Find more posts by Fëanor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
immortal_sim
AnOtHeR dEaD aNgEl

i cant believe arwen is winning!!!! she dusnt do nethin!!!! yer, liv tyler is a good actress but her character is rubbish!!!! eowyn is wkd and she actually fights and helps in the war!!!! she rules and totally kicks arse!!

Old Post Jul 19th, 2006 09:23 PM
immortal_sim is currently offline Click here to Send immortal_sim a Private Message Find more posts by immortal_sim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
coolmovies

Liv tayler shes beatyfull

Old Post Jul 29th, 2006 06:04 PM
coolmovies is currently offline Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogal Dorn
Mahal

I voted Eowyn, shes a stronger character in a lot of respects and is more involved at the forefront of the story wheras Arwen seems to be a background character, an important background character but still a background character.

Yet the making of things is in my heart from my own making by thee; and the child of little understanding that makes a play of the deeds of his father may do so without without thought of mockery, but because he is the son of his father.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2006 06:42 PM
Rogal Dorn is currently offline Click here to Send Rogal Dorn a Private Message Find more posts by Rogal Dorn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Eowyn annoyed the hell out of me in the books and movies. Arwen all the way.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2006 07:38 PM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
coolmovies

ya good thing aragorn liked Arwen and not the other

Old Post Aug 1st, 2006 09:30 PM
coolmovies is currently offline Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
arwenrocks

Arwen by miles in da film. ive never read da books and i know evry1 is saying eowyn defated da witch king bla bla bla but arwen challenged all 9 of dem raith thingies so she is not timid!!!!!!!! Eowyn really annoyed me aswell!!!!!!!! love

Old Post Oct 12th, 2006 04:41 PM
arwenrocks is currently offline Click here to Send arwenrocks a Private Message Find more posts by arwenrocks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
arwenrocks

does any1 know wat arwen said wen she killed da nazgul?????

Old Post Oct 12th, 2006 04:48 PM
arwenrocks is currently offline Click here to Send arwenrocks a Private Message Find more posts by arwenrocks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
aniron

I'm saying Arwen (i did this post last year and eowyn won). I really didn't like eowyn as i thought she was far to easily treading on arwens turf with aragorn! I liked her better in rotk but she did treat merry like a child which peed me off! She also mopes to mcuh, and never for theodin thought he seems to think so lol lol.

I don't mind her now though!

I just love arwen. so so so so wonderful, beautiful, brave. GREAT!

Old Post Oct 12th, 2006 11:52 PM
aniron is currently offline Click here to Send aniron a Private Message Find more posts by aniron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogal Dorn
Mahal

As a side note Arwen did not challenge all the Nine in the books. Whilst in the film P.J put her into do that (something I'll never forgive him for) it was actually the Elf Lord Glorfindel who challenged all nine. He was only one of a handful of people that could ride openly against the Nine.

He is also one of only two in the book who can defend himself against the Nine Nazgűl the other being Gandalf (upon Amon Sul). Glorfindel is actually a Elf of the Noldor (I believe it was the Noldor) sent back from the halls of waiting after death, he died defeating a Balrog during his time in Valinor he ascended to nearly Maia like power levels if all texts are to be believed. Arwen is no where near as powerful. In terms of power I don't think even Elrond would surpass him only Galadriel could.

As stated before whilst Arwen is important I prefer Eowyn as a character.

Yet the making of things is in my heart from my own making by thee; and the child of little understanding that makes a play of the deeds of his father may do so without without thought of mockery, but because he is the son of his father.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2006 02:29 PM
Rogal Dorn is currently offline Click here to Send Rogal Dorn a Private Message Find more posts by Rogal Dorn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
coolmovies

I wanna marry arwen love

Old Post Oct 13th, 2006 09:34 PM
aniron

she kills herself (aka gives up her immortality) if thats not brave i don't know what is! you don't need to put a sword in someones hand to make them strong and brave!

Old Post Oct 28th, 2006 10:11 PM
aniron is currently offline Click here to Send aniron a Private Message Find more posts by aniron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vanice
traceur

Originally posted by thefallen544
As a side note Arwen did not challenge all the Nine in the books. Whilst in the film P.J put her into do that (something I'll never forgive him for) it was actually the Elf Lord Glorfindel who challenged all nine. He was only one of a handful of people that could ride openly against the Nine.

He is also one of only two in the book who can defend himself against the Nine Nazgűl the other being Gandalf (upon Amon Sul). Glorfindel is actually a Elf of the Noldor (I believe it was the Noldor) sent back from the halls of waiting after death, he died defeating a Balrog during his time in Valinor he ascended to nearly Maia like power levels if all texts are to be believed. Arwen is no where near as powerful. In terms of power I don't think even Elrond would surpass him only Galadriel could.

As stated before whilst Arwen is important I prefer Eowyn as a character.

Yeah, P.J gave Arwen a bigger role. It's no wonder. The lovestory between Aragorn and Arwen is almoast the only one in the lord of the rings trilogy, save some smaller ones like Sam and Rose, and Eowyn - Faramir. so I can understand the director wanting a big female role in the otherwise so male dominated story. But I can agree with you, sometimes it's pretty annoying when P.J turns the story upside down..

I'm not sure if the Glorfindel in Gondolin and the one in Rivendell are the same. There are many examples where Tolkien uses the same name twice or even trice. For example Echtelion, Gothmog or Aragorn.. but it would be darn cool if they were the same person. I find it hard to proove anything on this matter. it remains unclear.

I also vote Eowyn, she has a more complex personality. I wonder one thing though (this is kinda off topic) did she fall in love with aragorn like in the movies? I can't remember...

Old Post Oct 29th, 2006 11:41 AM
vanice is currently offline Click here to Send vanice a Private Message Find more posts by vanice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jainasolo55

arwen sucks ppl she was weak all she did was cry about aragon eoywn was strong and kicked some wicked ass in battle

Old Post Jan 18th, 2007 04:41 PM
jainasolo55 is currently offline Click here to Send jainasolo55 a Private Message Find more posts by jainasolo55 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogal Dorn
Mahal

Whilst initially Tolkien did think to reuse the name his later and near final writings show him changing his mind I believe to reflect that Glorfindel was one and the same. Glorfindel also is mentioned knowing Gandalf as Olorin in the blessed land before either wan sent/sent back to Middle-earth. Because of his stay in the Blessed Realm its it written (and I have seen the passage somewhere I must now go and read all my books) that this was the reason why Glorfindel was so powerful. He became near maia like in status.

Its also worth noting that because Glorfindel had dwelled there and seen the light of the two trees he existed in both the seen world and the unseen world at the same time. The Nazgul see him "unveiled" as it were, a shining light of an Elf Lord in all his fury. Arwen had not seen the light of the two trees and there's no way her power levels could be the same.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2007 05:34 PM