KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » Arwen VS Eowyn

Who's the best: Eowyn or Arwen?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Arwen 49 56.98%
Eowyn 22 25.58%
Both! 15 17.44%
Total: 86 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Arwen VS Eowyn
Started by: DanielLB

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Rogal Dorn
Mahal

Ahar I have found a quote upon his final thoughts re Glorfindel in the HOME books "The Return of the Shadow"

"Also very noteable is 'Glorfindel tells of his ancestry in Gondolin.' Years later, long after the publication of The Lord of the Rings, my father gave a great deal of thought to the matter of Glorfindel, and at that time he wrote : [The use of Glorfindel] in The Lord of the Rings is one of the cases of somewhat random use of the names found in the older legends, now referred to as The Silmarillion, which escaped reconsideration in the final published form of The Lord of the Rings.' He came to the conclusion that Glorfindel of Gondolin, who fell to his death in combat with a Balrog after the sack of the city and Glorfindel of Rivendell were one and the same : he was released from Mandos and returned to Middle-earth in the Second Age"

Yet the making of things is in my heart from my own making by thee; and the child of little understanding that makes a play of the deeds of his father may do so without without thought of mockery, but because he is the son of his father.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2007 12:36 AM
Rogal Dorn is currently offline Click here to Send Rogal Dorn a Private Message Find more posts by Rogal Dorn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SkinWalker

In an actual fight I don't know, due to that we have never seen Arwen really fight. But character and depth-wise Arwen, but for Strength they both equal as the same.

-Halle Berry's Biggest Fan.:.Thanks Piggle Humsy-

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2007 11:48 PM
SkinWalker is currently offline Click here to Send SkinWalker a Private Message Find more posts by SkinWalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
speiderman

eowyn.
I thought she was cool. she has that warrior princess thing going on which is cool

Old Post Feb 24th, 2007 01:53 PM
speiderman is currently offline Click here to Send speiderman a Private Message Find more posts by speiderman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lordmohahat

bring back venom so we can have CARNAGE!!!!!!!!

Old Post Jun 14th, 2007 03:12 PM
lordmohahat is currently offline Click here to Send lordmohahat a Private Message Find more posts by lordmohahat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Disturbed Angel
~.:Fae:.~

Arwen. happy

Do you believe in faeries?

I do.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2007 04:10 AM
Disturbed Angel is currently offline Find more posts by Disturbed Angel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Naz
Super Senior Member

I hated movie Eowyn. She made me mad.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2007 01:03 AM
Naz is currently offline Click here to Send Naz a Private Message Find more posts by Naz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Biccie

Arwen would win for sure. She has many powers to draw on and will have been taught in battle too. She would also be quicker.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2007 09:34 PM
Biccie is currently offline Click here to Send Biccie a Private Message Find more posts by Biccie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xx Happy Gal xx

Personally, I like Eowyn better, all in all shes a stronger woman then Arwen and she can fight, and kicks some butt too!

Arwen is always crying about something....
But, I think Aragorn and Arwen are good as a couple and Faramir and Eowyn are great too.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2009 03:43 AM
xx Happy Gal xx is currently offline Click here to Send xx Happy Gal xx a Private Message Find more posts by xx Happy Gal xx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Realistically speaking, Eowyn is a trained shield-maiden, whereas Arwen is... ?

I'm sure Arwen has at least some combat training, but I think Eowyn probably has more, what with being a shield-maiden and belonging to a culture that focused more on combat than nature and such.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2009 03:54 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Incanus
Istari

Arwen. She gave up her ppl, forsook the Blessed Realm, and Gave up immortality for her cousin.Woops, spoiler in there but yes, they are cousins from Elronds brother Elros, who Aragorn is descended from.

Isil
Turgon aran Gondolin tortha gar a matha, i vegil Glamdring gud dae lo, dam an Glamhoth.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2009 09:29 PM
Incanus is currently offline Click here to Send Incanus a Private Message Find more posts by Incanus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zamp
The Blind Critic

But none of those things contributes to combat. It's great that you've read the books but those 'feats' don't suggest, even remotely, that Arwen the princess would be able to take on Eowyn the shieldmaiden.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2009 11:09 PM
Zamp is currently offline Click here to Send Zamp a Private Message Find more posts by Zamp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Incanus
Istari

Well, Arwen may be able to use ANY form of water and summon those stallions. She is also over 2000 years old by the time of the Trilogy, so she should be a swordswoman of considerable skill, as she would probly end up having to fight SOMETIME over the course of 2000 years.

Isil
Turgon aran Gondolin tortha gar a matha, i vegil Glamdring gud dae lo, dam an Glamhoth.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2009 04:47 AM
Incanus is currently offline Click here to Send Incanus a Private Message Find more posts by Incanus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote