KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Sci-Fi / Fantasy » ALIEN 5: GENOCIDE ripleys back in 2008

ALIEN 5: GENOCIDE ripleys back in 2008
Started by: enyafreak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I think Alien 5 could be a great movie. Hopefully its done with some style like the first 3.

I always liked how the Alien series got relatively unknown directors and used their talents and created interesting movies.

Ridley Scott, James Cameron and David Fincher. All three made great looking movies (Alien 3 wasnt great but as I think Ebert said it, "this is probably the greatest looking bad movie this year".)

The 4th should be forgotten. I didnt understand why they thought cloning was a good idea.

Why does it have to continue with the 4th movie, it could just forget that one, and have a sequel directly after the second. Or, they can completely forget about having any continuation and do a completely redo. There a ton of possibilities.

Heck, I think a prequel to the first would be very intersting.

The Alien series can easily be done again but it needs good people to do it and not what they have done with AVP series.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2008 08:54 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

fvck, im more concerned about the video game, colonial marines being a quality success. A great video, like one that is just as good as AvP2, could extend this franchises life for years to come, more so than the success of a moderate movie.it will probably be balls though, but heres hoping for a game that i have been waiting for since 2000

Old Post Apr 18th, 2008 06:16 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Also why do they need ripley back its not like the movies are called Ripley its called Aliens.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2008 02:11 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Rhythmic

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
Who gives a shit. All i need to hear is that weaver is returning to know that it will be utter shit.

Care to explain?

Old Post Apr 20th, 2008 10:24 AM
Mr. Rhythmic is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Rhythmic a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Rhythmic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General_Iroh
White Guy

fvck, im more concerned about the video game, colonial marines being a quality success. A great video, like one that is just as good as AvP2, could extend this franchises life for years to come, more so than the success of a moderate movie.it will probably be balls though, but heres hoping for a game that i have been waiting for since 2000

The hell is with you and colonial marines man?
Originally posted by Kazenji
Also why do they need ripley back its not like the movies are called Ripley its called Aliens.

She's the main character, they'll want to bring her back for one reason or another.

I'm confused as to why everyone likes Alien 3 and despises AVPR and Alien Ressurection... Alien 3 blew. I love alien but will never watch that movie a second time.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2008 03:08 AM
General_Iroh is currently offline Click here to Send General_Iroh a Private Message Find more posts by General_Iroh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Originally posted by Menetnashté
The hell is with you and colonial marines man?

She's the main character, they'll want to bring her back for one reason or another.

I'm confused as to why everyone likes Alien 3 and despises AVPR and Alien Ressurection... Alien 3 blew. I love alien but will never watch that movie a second time.

because the game looks aces and i have been looking forward to it since before it was originally cancelled in 2000 wink
A successfully entertaining video game could do very much in revitalizing the franchise. More so than any mediocre movie. That is why im so anxious for the game. It doesnt have to focus around colonial marines, but that is the most logical direction to go.

Ripley's story has been told. Having her in another installment, yet again, would be most redundant. I think so many people get behind Alien 3 because it best recaptured the tone of the original and by all intents and purposes is the end of the series. Studio restraints and poor effects greatly hindered the quality of the film. The over all direction though, is tight and tense in its attempts. The atmosphere was very vivid as well.
Alien resurrection is just a poor movie. The advancement of Ripley's story really held the movie back and forced it down a ridiculous path. Her character was to overwhelming and out of place, partly from over acting stick out tongue. I think Resurrection had a lot of potential and it too has great atmosphere, but failed in execution. I think it lost touch with the formula and focused more on a character story that was told in the previous 3 other movies, but this time Ripley was not Ripley, she was a human/Alien and she is struggling with accepting what she is...
In the end, i guess it just comes down to personal preference.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2008 03:59 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Menetnashté

Well they manage to do a good job of the Aliens comics and ripley was hardly anywhere in sight.

because the game looks aces and i have been looking forward to it since before it was originally cancelled in 2000 wink
A successfully entertaining video game could do very much in revitalizing the franchise

Same here and the new look for the game looks alot better then that what we saw back in 2000.

Last edited by Kazenji on Apr 21st, 2008 at 07:26 AM

Old Post Apr 21st, 2008 07:24 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hamza.khalid56

alien 5

hey dood vere did u come wuth this news 2008 is about to end vere is the movie.then huh!.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2008 10:29 PM
hamza.khalid56 is currently offline Click here to Send hamza.khalid56 a Private Message Find more posts by hamza.khalid56 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Koenig

If there is a ALIEN 5 they should start a fresh after all Sigourney Weaver is no spring chicken anymore.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2008 06:27 PM
Koenig is currently offline Click here to Send Koenig a Private Message Find more posts by Koenig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cruel jedi
A PrOpHeT oF tHe DaRkSiDe

Originally posted by Koenig
If there is a ALIEN 5 they should start a fresh after all Sigourney Weaver is no spring chicken anymore.

Yes i agree with you Koenig aliens needs new blood both alien and human perhaps confused

<<<Scatter Senbonzakura>>>

Old Post Sep 13th, 2008 11:11 AM
cruel jedi is currently offline Click here to Send cruel jedi a Private Message Find more posts by cruel jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
OB1-adobe

Re: ALIEN 5: GENOCIDE ripleys back in 2008

Originally posted by enyafreak
Alien 5: Genocide : Ripleys Back 2008
Ripleys back for one last showdown with the xenomorphs in Alien 5 : Genocide.

At the far reaches of the universe a scientific way station is in posession of the last surviving Xenomorph. when the company discover the new breed they track down the Aliens homeworld and take the Alien back home intent on creating an unstopable Army. Back on earth an elite group of rebels led by General Ripley 8 take action, following the company to the Alien homeworld to destroy the species forever. and For Ripley this really is personel

TEASER POSTER
http://photobucket.com/albums/b152/...iengenocide.jpg

nope, she ain't coming

Old Post Sep 20th, 2008 02:02 PM
OB1-adobe is currently offline Click here to Send OB1-adobe a Private Message Find more posts by OB1-adobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

There is a god.

They should bring back Ramirez... somehow. Some ultimate deuce ex machina.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2008 02:32 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Originally posted by cruel jedi
aliens needs new blood both alien and human perhaps confused

Will it still be acidic...?

It must be acidic. stick out tongue

Old Post Dec 12th, 2008 01:38 AM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Originally posted by Final Blaxican
There is a god.

They should bring back Ramirez... somehow. Some ultimate deuce ex machina.

now you talkin mofo.

I mean, doing a Ripley story wouldn't be entirely bad. As long as they disregard the last two movies and hire a new lead for Ripley. They could easily follow the Earth War series. or nightmare asylum story arc. There are thousands of directions that they could take this franchise but good will probably not be that direction. The moment that Fox turned down Cameron and Scott to do an AvP movie, instead. This film franchise died.

Why would a studio turn down the man with the midas touch and the man who started the Alien movies?

Old Post Dec 16th, 2008 01:39 PM
Squirrel Fart

AVP is a different series than Aliens. AVP didnt so so well and even Aliens 4 did a better job.

http://www.filmstalker.co.uk/archiv...h_no_alien.html

The last time [Ridley and I] saw each other we talked about it. The character is still interesting [and] I'd love to work with Ridley again...But Fox has effectively killed it because of 'Alien vs. Predator.' What else can you do with the creature? You can take the situation, you can go back to where they came from...
...To play someone who ages a couple hundred years was fascinating," she added. "[But] let [Ripley] rest.

The most interesting aspect of a new Alien film comes next, the infamous Alien may not appear at all.

Maybe no Aliens??? erm

Last edited by Squirrel Fart on Dec 16th, 2008 at 02:48 PM

Old Post Dec 16th, 2008 02:37 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

that sucks.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Dec 16th, 2008 06:24 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
coolmovies

The AVP killed the alien serias dead

Old Post Dec 18th, 2008 12:35 PM
coolmovies is currently offline Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Koenig

Originally posted by coolmovies
The AVP killed the alien serias dead

That would not surprise me at all.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2008 06:35 PM
Koenig is currently offline Click here to Send Koenig a Private Message Find more posts by Koenig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Originally posted by Anti-Monitor
AVP is a different series than Aliens. AVP didnt so so well and even Aliens 4 did a better job.

http://www.filmstalker.co.uk/archiv...h_no_alien.html

The last time [Ridley and I] saw each other we talked about it. The character is still interesting [and] I'd love to work with Ridley again...But Fox has effectively killed it because of 'Alien vs. Predator.' What else can you do with the creature? You can take the situation, you can go back to where they came from...
...To play someone who ages a couple hundred years was fascinating," she added. "[But] let [Ripley] rest.

The most interesting aspect of a new Alien film comes next, the infamous Alien may not appear at all.

Maybe no Aliens??? erm

Yeah, i know they are two entirely different series but the franchises are owned by the same god damned studio, dude. Alien resurrection only did slightly better than Requiem. I think the box office difference is about 13 million. AvP made a profit of 87 and Resurrection made a profit of a 100 million (not including Dvd and aftermarket sales) . I hate to say it but yeah, AvP2 was a big success for the studios. It hurts for me to say that, given what a piece of trash that movie was.

Plans for James Cameron's Alien 5 were scrapped for a cheaper and possibly more prosperous venture...,AvP. That above paragraph is old old stuff man. However, i can't stress this enough. The biggest monkey wrench in the entire Aliens franchise is Sigourney Weaver. She is the reason, Hicks and Newt died in Alien 3, She is the reason Alien 3 is such the vomit inducing piece of trash it is. She is the reason Alien resurrection was garbage. She is the reason that Fox never went with Cameron or Scott. You see, Ms Weaver owns partial rights to that franchise. Fox Should have bought her out a looong time ago because she has single handedly, both given birth and death to that series. If Predator 3 does well. We may see another Alien movie one day but for now, it's just going to be AvP trash fests.

Last edited by jinXed by JaNx on Dec 31st, 2008 at 12:36 AM

Old Post Dec 31st, 2008 12:31 AM
roughrider
Thunderer

It's 2009.

There's no new movie.

Posting is a lie.

Carry on.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jan 15th, 2009 10:00 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote