KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » First Person Vs. Third Person.

First Person Or Third Person.
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
First Person 3 27.27%
Third Person 6 54.55%
What Happened To The Second Person? 2 18.18%
Total: 11 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

First Person Vs. Third Person.
Started by: Moritsune

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Moritsune

First Person Vs. Third Person.

In My Opinion I Prefer FP. They Offer More Maneuverabilty (Typo, I Know It) With The Camera, Wherea's A FP RPG Is Just... It's... It's Insane!!! It's Not Right!!! However I Did Not Mind Wizardy (PS2). Still, It's Against The Holy Law Of Gaming!

Old Post Jun 28th, 2005 02:34 AM
Moritsune is currently offline Click here to Send Moritsune a Private Message Find more posts by Moritsune Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WAF3001
Randomnosity

In a way 1st and 3rd person versions for gaming are both examples of 2nd person. Think about it like a book. 1st person is told by someone in the story. 3rd person is told by some narrator who has nothing to do with the story. 2nd person however is when the book tells YOU to do something. To do this turn to page whatever. I believe R.L.Stine made some books like this but anyways, All games are second person!

Old Post Jun 28th, 2005 06:26 AM
WAF3001 is currently offline Click here to Send WAF3001 a Private Message Find more posts by WAF3001 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moritsune

Yes, I See Your Point. But What I Mean Here Is The View From The Person Your Controlling, Or The Camera Behind The Character. Sorry For The Little Mishap big grin

Old Post Jun 28th, 2005 07:01 PM
Moritsune is currently offline Click here to Send Moritsune a Private Message Find more posts by Moritsune Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WAF3001
Randomnosity

I prefer third and thought the lesson was pretty fun (although nerdish)

Old Post Jun 28th, 2005 10:03 PM
WAF3001 is currently offline Click here to Send WAF3001 a Private Message Find more posts by WAF3001 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

first............

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2005 06:41 PM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

For certain games both are great...

im still waiting for a fp football sim...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2005 06:44 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spidervlad
Renegade of Funk

Third when you look from the back. I just like to see the graphics of my charachter. What his doing and stuff.

Made by Me! Click here to see my work or request a sig!

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2005 06:45 PM
Spidervlad is currently offline Click here to Send Spidervlad a Private Message Find more posts by Spidervlad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

In games like sonic and such of course, but games like shooters, and sports no.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2005 06:53 PM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spidervlad
Renegade of Funk

Even in shooters I still like to play Third Person. Such as Dark Forces, Dark Forces II, Jedi Outcast, Jedi Academy, Doom, Splinter Cell.

Made by Me! Click here to see my work or request a sig!

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2005 06:58 PM
Spidervlad is currently offline Click here to Send Spidervlad a Private Message Find more posts by Spidervlad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

It depends, Splinter Cell yes, but games like rainbow six and Timesplitters not quite.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2005 07:08 PM
Zen2nd
Veridis Quo

The views only apply to the game being played. I prefer 3rd person as you actually get a bigger view of your surroundings, but less close up detail. Which brings Splinter Cell Chaos Theory into play. Good guys have better view of area as they are in 3rd person wheras the bad guys only have 1st person and only see what the look at in front of them.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2005 07:39 PM
Zen2nd is currently offline Click here to Send Zen2nd a Private Message Find more posts by Zen2nd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

It depends on the game, third person can be a hindrance in quick shooter games, that aren't based on long type strategy......... timesplitters comes to mind...........

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2005 07:40 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

games like star wars battlefront i use 3rd person...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2005 07:50 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

games like, timesplitters or precision shooting earn a first place.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2005 08:07 PM
LeAtHerRFace
Founder Of Fight Club

I prefer FPS.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2005 04:02 AM
LeAtHerRFace is currently offline Click here to Send LeAtHerRFace a Private Message Find more posts by LeAtHerRFace Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

I actually prefer the option to have both.. certain situations require a lil bit of both

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2005 04:34 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Just depends.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2005 03:55 PM
jrodslam

I also use 3rd person for Stawars Batlefront. For AVP 2, theres 1st person.

It all depends on the game.

Daredevil Respect Thread - Iceman Respect Thread - Nick Fury Respect Thread - Respect Strong Guy!

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2005 04:39 PM
jrodslam is currently offline Click here to Send jrodslam a Private Message Find more posts by jrodslam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Duke Nukem was better in first person definitely.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2005 05:17 PM
Lord-of-Dreams
pimpin member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Zen2nd
The views only apply to the game being played. I prefer 3rd person as you actually get a bigger view of your surroundings, but less close up detail. Which brings Splinter Cell Chaos Theory into play. Good guys have better view of area as they are in 3rd person wheras the bad guys only have 1st person and only see what the look at in front of them.

Put the words right into my mouth!! er... I mean... took them out...

Goldeneye was the ultimate first person game. It should be remade, keep everything but the graphics. That would be sweet!!
Mario (first game that came to mind) was a good third person.

It all depends on what you want. I find that in fantasy games - mario, god of war, MK...- I like to see the characters do the stuff. Like in a book I prefer to read about the actions. I like to see the cool moves. See?
In FP, I already know wats going on- shooters, mostly- so it's nothing missed. I already know what it looks like to shoot the gun, so I don't care.Do you video tape yourself brushing your teeth to see what it looks like? No. Why? cause it's boring to watch. Why? Cause you know what t looks like already. (and it's just plane boring...)

So it all depends on what you prefer. I like the fantasy, pulling of crazy combos to kill 100 guys at once or doing the long string combos in MK. I like to see it happen and be satisfied with myself, I think thats a large part of the point of 3rd Person.
In Goldeneye (yes, I haven't sold my 64 yet. Shut up, you dirty bastards), I always smile when I see my brother's guy hit the ground. Thats the fun part.
yep... my 200 cents...

Old Post Jul 5th, 2005 04:24 PM
Lord-of-Dreams is currently offline Click here to Send Lord-of-Dreams a Private Message Find more posts by Lord-of-Dreams Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote