KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Thor vs. Hulk

Hulk v. Thor
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Hulk 93 34.57%
Thor 158 58.74%
I really don't like Marvel Comics 7 2.60%
Why are two heroes fightin'? 11 4.09%
Total: 269 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Thor vs. Hulk
Started by: WAF3001

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (141): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
olympian

"look at this please, and after ask me again who is the strongest one in comic kingdom"

Eternity.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2005 12:21 PM
olympian is currently offline Click here to Send olympian a Private Message Find more posts by olympian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
olympian

"try not to say this thing out of that board......or you would become the new jester of all comic boards

(that's for He Man stuff"

I agree the He-man stuff said by him was overrating. He-man can achieve pre crisis sperman feats by calling more power from the castle. That is true. But since Hulk has punched and sent pre-crisis Supes flying i dont consider none a "child" to the other.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2005 12:23 PM
olympian is currently offline Click here to Send olympian a Private Message Find more posts by olympian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DEVILHULK
Restricted

Account Restricted

about hulk/Thor fights......

thor 385

IS THERE NO LIMIT TO THE BEAST'S STRENGHT ?

Attachment: thormt385n4pr.jpg
This has been downloaded 288 time(s).

Last edited by DEVILHULK on Jul 7th, 2005 at 12:36 PM

Old Post Jul 7th, 2005 12:34 PM
DEVILHULK is currently offline Click here to Send DEVILHULK a Private Message Find more posts by DEVILHULK Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DEVILHULK
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by olympian
"look at this please, and after ask me again who is the strongest one in comic kingdom"

Eternity.

aside cosmic beings, obviously. evil face

Old Post Jul 7th, 2005 12:34 PM
DEVILHULK is currently offline Click here to Send DEVILHULK a Private Message Find more posts by DEVILHULK Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grammaton
.-'Cleric'-.

Byyyyy theee powerrrrrr offf greeeyyyskuulllllll..!! - He-Man no doubt a very strong dude...but I think a major fact that some tend to overlook when classifying the Hulk's strength capacity/capability in relation to others is that Marvel created him specifically to be the strongest physical being in the MU (whether it is at base level or adrenaline amped) - I think its all well and good to debate how Thor, HeMan, Juggernaut etc could be stronger etc - but fact is none were created to be THE strongest - that honour i'm afraid goes to one only...the Hulk..big grin - and again I am not stating an opinion and I am stating a fact as presented by Marvel themselves.

-
"Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a God."

Old Post Jul 7th, 2005 12:39 PM
Grammaton is currently offline Click here to Send Grammaton a Private Message Find more posts by Grammaton Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DEVILHULK
Restricted

Account Restricted

"p.s. in strenght departement hulk is the n°1, Peter David himself said that all the other pretenders to be the strongest one there is, are just only "pretenders"

Thats funny since peter david has said Thanos is a class on hiw own (above the The Hulk and all the other top heroes).

yes , talking about start strenght level.Hulk's dynamic strenght could surpass Thanos strenght in few seconds or Pad would not have said Hulk could beat Mangog who is light years to Thanos.And Pad would not have talked about Galactus like the ultimate strenght level for the hulk.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2005 12:46 PM
Grammaton
.-'Cleric'-.

Originally posted by DEVILHULK
yes , talking about start strenght level.Hulk's dynamic strenght could surpass Thanos strenght in few seconds or Pad would not have said Hulk could beat Mangog who is light years to Thanos.And Pad would not have talked about Galactus like the ultimate strenght level for the hulk.

Valid point indeed big grin

-
"Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a God."

Old Post Jul 7th, 2005 01:20 PM
Grammaton is currently offline Click here to Send Grammaton a Private Message Find more posts by Grammaton Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
olympian

"yes , talking about start strenght level.Hulk's dynamic strenght could surpass Thanos strenght in few seconds or Pad"

It cant be otherwise pad wouldnt had said "He was on a class on its own"

And Thanos at start levels its still above Immortal Herc, or Thor, Or regular Hulk.

"aside cosmic beings, obviously."

"And Pad would not have talked about Galactus like the ultimate strenght level for the hulk."

But isent Galactus according to Marvel, a cosmic being? wink

"said Hulk could beat Mangog"

Here is one that no matter his opinion, continuity wont ever suport it. Mangog a guy that has fought and did more than held his own against Odin itself and Thor at the same time? As much of a nice though it is to have Hulk figthing it alone, its never going to happen.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2005 04:42 PM
olympian

"IS THERE NO LIMIT TO THE BEAST'S STRENGHT"

Not one that Thor knows it stick out tongue

Old Post Jul 7th, 2005 04:43 PM
Grammaton
.-'Cleric'-.

Do know what the really strange thing is - all of the above is pretty irrrelevant when Marvel have presented the Hulk as "the strongest physical being in the Marvel Universe" - lol i'm sure this has some sort of meaning and relevance despite what one's opinion of his capabilities compared to others (in the SAME Marvel universe) may be...big grin

-

Old Post Jul 7th, 2005 04:47 PM
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Originally posted by Grammaton
Ok...

[QUOTE=4273610]Originally posted by Grammaton
Strength - I believe Thor's strength to be in the 100 class range only because of his hammer (although I could be wrong) - having said that there is no way Hulk is going to falter on the strength issue, I mean limitless strength has meaning?...

Its not just direct punching,the hammer is more than you are giving it credit for.

Speed - The fact that Hulk is able to do more than just stand there and be attacked by Wolverine, Spidey shows that speed is somthing the Hulk does not fail on - also being more "animal" like his speed and reflexes exceed Thor's - who has shown little if any demonstration of excessive speed in battles...

He uses superhuman speed, but he isnt' keen on "quickness", he's quicker than us thats for sure, but the thor has more quickness, if you'd imagine.

B]Intelligence - We are talking about the intelligence of Banner - a genius in the MU (easily on par with Doom and Richards) whether he's "unstable" at the time has nothing to do with his intelligence level - Thor's intelligence is most likely limited to that of a normal human if that (I mean the guy knows only how to fight?)...

No banner isnt' the one fighting thor, hulk is, and when hulk enters "smash mode", he becomes beserk, thinking less effective thusly. Period.

Tactics/Skill - If your talking about instinctual behaviour then I see no reason why Hulk should fall behind - being as much an animal as a man...Although I agree Thor due to his age would be on par with him...

Hulk doesn't use as great "tactics as many others, he relies on brute strentgh almost completely.

And since we are talking about relevance in a fight between the 2 - does Thor's healing/regeneration come even close to Hulks? I think not...

No not at all, but hulk doesn't have the range nor magic of Thor, healing can do soo much, its awesome, but given too much credit.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Jul 7th, 2005 04:49 PM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
olympian

"Do know what the really strange thing is - all of the above is pretty irrrelevant when Marvel have presented the Hulk as "the strongest physical being in the Marvel Universe"

I dont see it as strange. Marvel didnt "created" Thor or heracles. They already existed before comics. Seems understandable that they give that pun to a hero they interely created. I know i would.

Thing is everyone has puns. Herc was also called "the strongest man of all time ". In an avengers comics Wasp said he was the "strongest avenger ever" Thor and hulk included. Puns are like that. puns. Being called like that is Hulks pun, like its Jugs pun not being hurt ever.

But they have been bested and hurt before. So i dont follow them. I certainly dont belive Heracles to be the strongest ever in any and all comickingdoms or whatever. Hes one. Just like Hulk is.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2005 04:54 PM
olympian

And its also irrevelant Hulk being called that way when he has been fought evenly, and defeat by both heroes and villains ( some of other dimensions ) that arent even cosmic level.

Puns mate. Theyr only comercial ways to make a character recgonizable.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2005 04:56 PM
Grammaton
.-'Cleric'-.

Originally posted by CorderaMitchell
Its not just direct punching,the hammer is more than you are giving it credit for.

No the question was whether it would augment Thor's strength past the 100 class range or whether it actually helps him achieve it - I do believe the hammer to be powerful - but only because of it's power is Thor able to battle the likes of the Hulk - without it i'm afraid our Thor would be disposed of relativley shortly...

He uses superhuman speed, but he isnt' keen on "quickness", he's quicker than us thats for sure, but the thor has more quickness, if you'd imagine.

The Hulk is able to leap approx 3-4 miles in a single bound - I am pretty sure he would have no trouble "springing" up on Thor or anyone else short of the Flash (or somone whose power happens to be superspeed) I think it should be acknowledged that the Hulk has bested the likes of Spiderman, Wolverine and many others who would rely on speed and agility - and the fact is he has shown that he is more than able to match them in these departments should he so require.

No banner isnt' the one fighting thor, hulk is, and when hulk enters "smash mode", he becomes beserk, thinking less effective thusly. Period.

Banner Hulk anyone? For those of you who have forgotten - Banner's brain in Hulk's body - and yes "the madder hulk gets - the stronger hulk gets" does apply in this form...

Hulk doesn't use as great "tactics as many others, he relies on brute strentgh almost completely.

Well it seems to have got the job done on more than one occasion - also again please refer to Banner Hulk (genius that he is - bless him!).

No not at all, but hulk doesn't have the range nor magic of Thor, healing can do soo much, its awesome, but given too much credit.

Regenerating nearly his entire body mass after having it "burned" off would suggest that it is not given too much credit.

-

Old Post Jul 7th, 2005 05:03 PM
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Yep its powerful, but not unbeatable, considering namor has done it.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Jul 7th, 2005 05:04 PM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
olympian

About Hulks healing ability. Its the top one at marvel, i give him that.

Below cosmics of course.

wink

Old Post Jul 7th, 2005 05:11 PM
Tough Guy
Restricted

Account Restricted

hulk im afarisd olympian is above herc and also thor on a physiacl level due to the fact he has limitless strngth. hell he is above all on a physical level potentially due to his strength having no limit. also his healing is in the same department. hrc is a strong due, probably just below tor, but not in hulks class and thats a fact . sorry marvel have hulk as their no 1 and thats it im afraid . tor needs to use his teleporter and herc hasnt got any magic to use so there id no way really he can win

Old Post Jul 8th, 2005 09:44 AM
Tough Guy is currently offline Click here to Send Tough Guy a Private Message Find more posts by Tough Guy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
olympian

"hulk im afarisd olympian is above herc and also thor on a physiacl level due to the fact he has limitless strngth. hell he is above all on a physical level potentially due to his strength having no limit"

then why he never knocked out both of them?

"sorry marvel have hulk as their no 1 and thats it im afraid . tor needs to use his teleporter "

Stan Lee says Thor is number 1. And at Marvel he is the most powerful hero. And since Hulk never knocked him out or made him quit, how he is " much stronger " by your words?

"herc hasnt got any magic to use so there id no way really he can win"

Ill tell you how. A weapon above what adamantium is. Wrestling skills to use and immortality.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2005 01:10 PM
DEVILHULK
Restricted

Account Restricted

"hulk im afarisd olympian is above herc and also thor on a physiacl level due to the fact he has limitless strngth. hell he is above all on a physical level potentially due to his strength having no limit"

then why he never knocked out both of them?

"sorry marvel have hulk as their no 1 and thats it im afraid . tor needs to use his teleporter "

Stan Lee says Thor is number 1. And at Marvel he is the most powerful hero. And since Hulk never knocked him out or made him quit, how he is " much stronger " by your words?

"herc hasnt got any magic to use so there id no way really he can win"

Ill tell you how. A weapon above what adamantium is. Wrestling skills to use and immortality.

No,Marvel considers the hulk like Dc considers Superman.See Marvel vs Dc.They put The hulk against Superman, not Thor.
Hulk never beat Thor with a clear victory and Thor never beat The Hulk with a clear victory just for the fans.Just not to disappoint fans.
Why against Thor Hulk's dynamic strenght did not work ? did you read Avengers vs Defenders ? (old crossover)
Just to avoid Thor's loss the writer wrote the hulk fighting without his increasing strenght(his dynamic strenght did not work)
In hulk - thor annual 2001 : hulk's dynamic strenght worked and The Hulk koied Thor in 3 blows.Thor admitted The hulk was stronger than him and than anyone else.Hulk did not admit anything about "power".

Sorry at Marvel the n°1 is the hulk, not to count that Thor is today dead.

another thing don't count Marvel vs Dc decided by votes, in Hulk vs Superman 1999, hulk had the edge in strenght and durability and he has been portrayed above Superman in more than an occasion; in avengers vs JLA Thor lost , Busiek said that behind the scenes they agreed about Superman >> Thor while in Hulk vs Superman no one beat no one....this proves again how Marvel still considers the hulk n°1

Last edited by DEVILHULK on Jul 8th, 2005 at 01:27 PM

Old Post Jul 8th, 2005 01:19 PM
Grammaton
.-'Cleric'-.

[QUOTE=4350572]Originally posted by olympian
[B]"Do know what the really strange thing is - all of the above is pretty irrrelevant when Marvel have presented the Hulk as "the strongest physical being in the Marvel Universe"

I dont see it as strange. Marvel didnt "created" Thor or heracles. They already existed before comics. Seems understandable that they give that pun to a hero they interely created. I know i would.

-

No your right Marvel didnt "create" Thor or Hercules - but then again if we were talking about the ACTUAL Thor and Hercules of myth and ancient religon we would be talking about invincible and immortal Gods, overlooking the world and generally performing "God-like" duties - not the kind of "Gods" that Marvel portrays as men who are able to be defeated by MORTAL men - so infact the charecters of Thor and Hercules in Marvel are their own creations as they bare only a resemblance to the charecters from whom they are based upon.

-

Old Post Jul 8th, 2005 02:30 PM