KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Beast vs Wolverine

Beast vs Wolverine
Started by: shaolin9976

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (35): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ODG

quote: (post)
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Do you think that Steven Hawking in a working body would be faster than Bruce Lee, because he is an uber genius? Wolverine has shown his reaction time to be too fast for telepaths to read effectively on two separate occasions. .038 seconds was the speed listed on panel as the time it takes for Wolverine to chamber and throw a bunch. Wolverine is fast, and his speed feats are significantly better than Beasts.

Also Wolverine's muscles and bones (without Adamantium) are far denser than normal humans, but as much more as Sabretooth who's muscles have been described as being akin to corded steel, but still above baseline.
In other words... Wolverine can throw 25 punches in a single second.

Revamped Thor Respect Thread Revamped Loki Respect Thread
Revamped Hulk Respect Thread Revamped Iron Man Respect Thread

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2011 11:46 PM
ODG is currently offline Click here to Send ODG a Private Message Find more posts by ODG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Originally posted by OneDumbG0
In other words... Wolverine can throw 25 punches in a single second.

Do you think Wolverine being able to through a punch 10x faster than a skilled real world human is really that much of a stretch for Wolverine. Really?

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2011 11:54 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pea55

I told you EotS and Wolverine v2.... not hard to track the issues down with that info. Go to comicvine and check out appearances.

are u sure u told ME that or is that also wrong? cause i dont see where you told ME this!

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2011 11:55 PM
pea55 is currently offline Click here to Send pea55 a Private Message Find more posts by pea55 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Wolverine took Beast down in one panel in EotS, and in Wolverine v2 Beast told Wolverine he was going to beat some info out of him and Wolverine laughed in his face, and took Beast down the second the claws came out.

Quote bump.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2011 11:56 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Do you think Wolverine being able to through a punch 10x faster than a skilled real world human is really that much of a stretch for Wolverine. Really?

Well according to some of this forum's geniuses Superman can't even throw 20 punches in a second.

So no dice for Wolvy.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2011 11:57 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ODG

So you believe Wolverine can throw 25 punches in a single second.

Revamped Thor Respect Thread Revamped Loki Respect Thread
Revamped Hulk Respect Thread Revamped Iron Man Respect Thread

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2011 11:57 PM
ODG is currently offline Click here to Send ODG a Private Message Find more posts by ODG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Originally posted by Omega Vision
Well according to some of this forum's geniuses Superman can't even throw 20 punches in a second.

So no dice for Wolvy.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2011 11:58 PM
The Transporter
Premier Wheelman

Do you think that Steven Hawking in a working body would be faster than Bruce Lee, because he is an uber genius? Wolverine has shown his reaction time to be too fast for telepaths to read effectively on two separate occasions. .038 seconds was the speed listed on panel as the time it takes for Wolverine to chamber and throw a bunch. Wolverine is fast, and his speed feats are significantly better than Beasts.

Also Wolverine's muscles and bones (without Adamantium) are far denser than normal humans, but as much more as Sabretooth who's muscles have been described as being akin to corded steel, but still above baseline.

The difference between Stephan Hawking and Beast is a butt-ugly face that looks like Grendel(yes I'm talking about Stephan, not the furry, lovable Beast) and the fact that Beast has superhuman reflexes, while Hawkings does not. Yes, you're right, just because someone has a genius-level intellect doesn't mean they can think super-humanly fast. But, Beast's mind isn't just smart, it's quick too. Just like there are people, such as the world's fastest clapper, that can process muscle commands at a much faster rate than a regular human without having to be relatively intelligent. You take a cougar for example, and measure his striking speed, and reaction time and compare it with a human's, the cougar is surely faster. But the cougar is in no way smarter than the human. In this fight, metaphorically, beast's reaction time and speed is that of a cougar's while Wolverine's equates to that of an olympic-level athlete. Just think about it for a second...Wolverine punching faster than beast, having stronger muscles, and have a quicker reaction time? I don't think I'd be able to stand reading a comic where Wolverine outbeats Best in every aspect like that, ever. My eyes would just .

And if Wolverine's muscle tissue were more dense than Beast's, than he'd be able to lift in excess of 10 tons, a feat which he has yet to accomplish.

-Sig by BlackZero30x-

Wow, unreal...My gosh.This is Amazing!I feel INCREDIBLE!!! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! I can win!I feel great!I CAN DO THIS!!!Yes!I'm home!I'm alive!This is all a miracle!I'm awake!I'm WIDE AWAKE!!! - Piccolo

Last edited by The Transporter on Feb 23rd, 2011 at 12:02 AM

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2011 11:58 PM
The Transporter is currently offline Click here to Send The Transporter a Private Message Find more posts by The Transporter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pea55

Quote bump.

I asked if u said that to me not if u posted it...bumb!

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2011 12:05 AM
pea55 is currently offline Click here to Send pea55 a Private Message Find more posts by pea55 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Transporter
Premier Wheelman

Originally posted by The Transporter
Besides...try throwing one punch in one second. Now, try punching twice in one second. You're not hitting as hard when you punch twice compared to when you just punch once right? Now imagine how much weaker your punches would be if you tried punching 25 times in one second. So let's assume Wolverine were to throw 25 punches at Beast, and they all landed. It probably wouldn't damage Beast much not would it? In fact, it probably would just brush or cut his face a little and make him angry. The truth is, with each extra punch Wolverine throws in that one second, the less power there'll be behind each blow since there's really not that much time in between to "cock" a punch. What's my reference/reasoning behind my comment, you may ask? It's just physics people. Something Beast will kick our asses and Wolverine's in. Can you imagine how many different ways Beast would have formulated to take out Wolverine in the period of time throughout their fight? My mind would shatter if given that much brain power.

I think I'll quote bump too roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ummm rofl, superman could easily throw 20 punches in one second, in fact he'd be able to throw 200 in a fraction of a second with Opra Winfrey and Rosie O'donnel wrapped around each arm...

-Sig by BlackZero30x-

Wow, unreal...My gosh.This is Amazing!I feel INCREDIBLE!!! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! I can win!I feel great!I CAN DO THIS!!!Yes!I'm home!I'm alive!This is all a miracle!I'm awake!I'm WIDE AWAKE!!! - Piccolo

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2011 12:08 AM
The Transporter is currently offline Click here to Send The Transporter a Private Message Find more posts by The Transporter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pea55

I think I'll quote bump too roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ummm rofl, superman could easily throw 20 punches in one second, in fact he'd be able to throw 200 in a fraction of a second with Opra Winfrey and Rosie O'donnel wrapped around each arm...

lol

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2011 12:12 AM
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

The difference between Stephan Hawking and Beast is a butt-ugly face that looks like Grendel(yes I'm talking about Stephan, not the furry, lovable Beast) and the fact that Beast has superhuman reflexes, while Hawkings does not. Yes, you're right, just because someone has a genius-level intellect doesn't mean they can think super-humanly fast. But, Beast's mind isn't just smart, it's quick too. Just like there are people, such as the world's fastest clapper, that can process muscle commands at a much faster rate than a regular human without having to be relatively intelligent. You take a cougar for example, and measure his striking speed, and reaction time and compare it with a human's, the cougar is surely faster. But the cougar is in no way smarter than the human. In this fight, metaphorically, beast's reaction time and speed is that of a cougar's while Wolverine's equates to that of an olympic-level athlete. Just think about it for a second...Wolverine punching faster than beast, having stronger muscles, and have a quicker reaction time? I don't think I'd be able to stand reading a comic where Wolverine outbeats Best in every aspect like that, ever. My eyes would just .

And if Wolverine's muscle tissue were more dense than Beast's, than he'd be able to lift in excess of 10 tons, a feat which he has yet to accomplish.

Most of what you are rambling on about comes down to what you think Beast should be able to do and not what he can and has done. Wolverine is faster than Beast because on panel he moves faster than Beast does, any opinion to the contrary is irrelevant without something concrete to back it. Speculation on how fast Beast's mind should work, the size of his nerve fibers or the relative density of his muscles, and other speculative theory crafting that has never been mentioned on panel is fine but brings little of merit to the discussion. We trade in facts here, what a character has done on panel is paramount.

You equate Beast to a Cougar and Wolverine to an Olympic level athlete, but the reality is Wolverine is like a Cougar... of a Cougar spent a century honing it's natural instincts with a life time of martial arts and combat experience. Wolverine's even stated that he fights faster than he can even process, and he just lets his body go on instinct while he thinks about other things. Wolverine is low level superhuman across the board, Beast is stronger and more agile, but Wolverine is faster.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2011 12:16 AM
pea55

Originally posted by StyleTime
Nope. Wikipedia is a superior source to comics when it comes to comic info.

(please log in to view the image)

what do u say about this kid?

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2011 12:22 AM
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Originally posted by pea55
what do u say about this kid?

Styletime made that himself to make fun of you for citing a wiki page, showing that anyone can put in anything they want regardless of the factuality...

Way to not get the joke.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2011 12:24 AM
Mindset

Beast can punch 25 seconds in one punch, noob.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2011 12:26 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pea55

Styletime made that himself to make fun of you for citing a wiki page, showing that anyone can put in anything they want regardless of the factuality...

Way to not get the joke.

NO u Dont get the joke

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2011 12:27 AM
The Transporter
Premier Wheelman

Most of what you are rambling on about comes down to what you think Beast should be able to do and not what he can and has done. Wolverine is faster than Beast because on panel he moves faster than Beast does, any opinion to the contrary is irrelevant without something concrete to back it. Speculation on how fast Beast's mind should work, the size of his nerve fibers or the relative density of his muscles, and other speculative theory crafting that has never been mentioned on panel is fine but brings little of merit to the discussion. We trade in facts here, what a character has done on panel is paramount.

You equate Beast to a Cougar and Wolverine to an Olympic level athlete, but the reality is Wolverine is like a Cougar... of a Cougar spent a century honing it's natural instincts with a life time of martial arts and combat experience. Wolverine is low level superhuman across the board, Beast is stronger and more agile, but Wolverine is faster.

-----------
Sure he's trained for hundreds of years, but that doesn't mean your body will become super humanly fast. It does have a limit, regardless of how much you train you can't remake your dna, and neither can he. How is Beast having really dense muscles speculation? It's the only possible explanation as to why he can lift as much as he does. A silverback gorilla is larger than beast, yet it cannot lift half what Beast can. Why? Because his muscle tissues aren't as dense/compact. If it's not a matter of density, than what is it? A supernatural force given to him by a higher being?

It's really a matter of Marvel not bothering to get into detail on Beast's anatomy .

But you're right, that's no excuse, because it's not written in the comics. I guess even if a comic said karate kid could roundhouse kick the earth into the sun, it'd still be viable proof. That's just the way it goes I guess, and because of that yes, you're right in that regard and I am wrong.
I'd still like to believe in my mind though, that Beast is faster than Wolverine, if it's alright with you guys. confused

-Sig by BlackZero30x-

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2011 12:28 AM
Dum Dum Dugan

You equate Beast to a Cougar and Wolverine to an Olympic level athlete, but the reality is Wolverine is like a Cougar... of a Cougar spent a century honing it's natural instincts with a life time of martial arts and combat experience. Wolverine's even stated that he fights faster than he can even process, and he just lets his body go on instinct while he thinks about other things. Wolverine is low level superhuman across the board, Beast is stronger and more agile, but Wolverine is faster.

Honestly I have serous doubts that Beast is stronger. He has less feats, which are less consistent and arnt as impressive as wolverines either for the most part. There also direct comparison between the two were a weaken wolverine breaks shackles with not assistance's, but a health beast can not do the same. I know the idea is he should be stronger, but in reality I don't think he is and beast is a lot more bark then bite.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2011 12:31 AM
Dum Dum Dugan is currently offline Click here to Send Dum Dum Dugan a Private Message Find more posts by Dum Dum Dugan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

How is Beast having really dense muscles speculation? It's the only possible explanation as to why he can lift as much as he does.:

Here the problem champ he doesn't lift that much or anything close to what your implying.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2011 12:33 AM
Dum Dum Dugan is currently offline Click here to Send Dum Dum Dugan a Private Message Find more posts by Dum Dum Dugan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pea55

According to Marvel Beast is stronger than logan as far as Brute strength goes.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2011 12:41 AM