KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Anakin Didn't destroy the Jedi's at all, the clones did [Merged]

Anakin Didn't destroy the Jedi's at all, the clones did [Merged]
Started by: Vanquish

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 4 5 [6]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Robin Dickside
Restricted

Account Restricted

Dark Yoda, your a piece of shit

Old Post Jul 1st, 2005 11:10 AM
Click here to Send Robin Dickside a Private Message Find more posts by Robin Dickside Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarkYoda
Yeah... I forgot about that... moments where they are meditating are very good in my opinion. It makes them seem more real! I wouldn't want it to jar with the fast paced scenes... but kind of like the empty council room scene... more moments of deep reflection with emotional music before and after major dramatic action pieces would have made this movie better. Instead of being a 2 hour movie, it should have been a 2 1/2 hour movie! yes

Indeed. A 2 1/2 hour movie would have been great.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2005 11:10 AM
Click here to Send DeVi| D0do a Private Message Find more posts by DeVi| D0do Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
notDeadYet!
Resident Villain

I'm not the one that created a new name with the word "dick" in it. laughing

Old Post Jul 1st, 2005 11:17 AM
Click here to Send notDeadYet! a Private Message Find more posts by notDeadYet! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ogami Itto
Lone Wolf and Cub

Hate to say it but Anakins jedi killing skills were poorly showed by Lucas

i thought once he'd fallen that'd be it!! y know marching into the temple alone!! casually sauntering along, slicing, dicing, choking and throwing younglings, padawans, knights and masters alike!!

he does seem a bit weak in episode 3!!
they should have completely cut grievous from the film and showed the above temple scene AND a full blown duel between him and Mace(not as long as long as the finale tho 5 mins or something) they also should have shown him doing something IMMENSLEY powerful oinly the chosen one could do!!! i dont know , something like taking on the masters without his Saber ignited,( we've only seen lightsaber v lightsaber or force power v forcepower!) kinda like a bruce lee stylee!! him standing in the middle of the room unarmed while they all surround him and attack (1 by 1 of course! lol)

I dunno does anyone agree?? or is it just my twisted fantasy??

GL could definitely shown Vaders power more!!!

If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain or bitter; for always there will be lesser and greater persons than yourself.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2005 11:44 AM
Click here to Send Ogami Itto a Private Message Find more posts by Ogami Itto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vanquish

Totally agree. That's what I've been saying the whole time. The biggest thing that is missing is bridging the gap between how powerful Vader seemed to be to everyone in the OT, and Anakin in the PT leading up to it.

I wanted to come away from the movie knowing that Vader was the ONLY one who could have done the job because he was the strongest like he is supposed to be, and that palps definitely needed him to gain ultimate power, but I didn't. I came away thinking that Anakin was somehow weak, and palps didn't need him at all. And since Anakin is portrayed as weak in his supposed prime, doesn't that make Vader in the OT weak?

Old Post Jul 1st, 2005 05:54 PM
Click here to Send Vanquish a Private Message Find more posts by Vanquish Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Anakin killed a lot of Jedi in the temple. They just didn't show it...

Old Post Jul 1st, 2005 06:11 PM
Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark Thor
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Anakin Didn't destroy the Jedi's at all, the clones did

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Vanquish
I keep reading peoples comments about how Anakin turning to the dark side was the destruction of the Jedi's. That isn't true at all. Anakin had very little to do with it. Anakin didn't wipe out the jedi's, the clone troopers did. All Anakin did was kill a few younglings, and the vice roy in a sealed room. Big deal man. Even a weak ass sith like Darth maul could have done that.

Look, in Anakins very first one on one fight vs another Jedi, he loses his legs, and the ability to breath. Wow, good work Vader.

No, anakin didn't destroy the jedi's, order 66 and the clone troopers did. In fact, Anakin turning to the darkside didn't really do anything at all for the plot of the movie. Palps and his clones did everything on their own. Palps could easily have acomplished his goal with Dooku, or even Maul at his side.

he did kill Jedi. like cin drallig, ju nocasta, serra keto (just to name a few)

Old Post Jul 1st, 2005 06:34 PM
Click here to Send Dark Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Dark Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Funkadelic

Dooku 's an idealist, man.
He ain't that easy tah controll as Ani.
Ani's frustrated and instable. Dooku knows what he wants.

It's an image worth pondering for a moment. Maybe, when you cut past the instrumental and songwriting virtuosity, the funny voices and characters, what is left is a man alone in his recording studio for days at a time.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2005 06:36 PM
Click here to Send Funkadelic a Private Message Find more posts by Funkadelic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Davey 27van

I know this is a old posting just wanted to say hope you don't think the same thing now with the new canon material. Tcw and rebels definitely help. Also anakin might I've been cut up and left to die on mustufar (sp) but he was able to tap into to the dark side even further to keep him alive. By musturing the hatred of obii wan and the rest of the Jedi order to keep him alive. While most would have died. Even the scene with him killing the Jedi flegding was a good depiction on how ruthless and devotee he was to palp. and remember the time between tpt and tot. 20 years during tpt he was being trained by the Jedi. He just started is with training at the ejd of tpt. By the time tot came out he was ready to become a with master by trying to turn Luke.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2016 11:49 AM
Click here to Send Davey 27van a Private Message Find more posts by Davey 27van Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Lotta acronyms in there. I dunno any of 'em.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2016 10:12 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Time to go back to Acronym School, then.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2016 09:23 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

I get it....

Old Post Jan 24th, 2017 08:42 AM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote