KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Overrated and Underrated

Overrated and Underrated
Started by: Arbiter

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Travizzle
Step Off

Maul=Underrated
Mace Windu=Overrated

Every feel like being evil?

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2005 03:17 AM
Click here to Send Darth Travizzle a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Travizzle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xxxpoppunker182

overrated revan is just cause some fans exhagerate his powers.
Vader is too cause he never eached his full potential and somepeople just don't get that and i have ti say all the ancient sith lords its not like every sith lord is superduper uber powerful. and plo koon is too.

underrated kenobi sidous is i mean he DID over throw the republic none of that almost crap he did. those are just off the top of my head.

and NJO luke even though i'm not a big fan of him everyone that says he's overrated he isnt. he IS the most powerful force user he's supposed to be. doesnt it make sense that anikin skywalker had the highest midchlorian count and if reached full potential the most powerful force user ever that his sone would have a huge midichlorian count too? and he did reach his full potential so it would make him uber powerful too would it not? thats my views and remember i'm not a big fan of NJO luke so don't say i'm just one of those fans that makes him overrated i just used common sense.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2005 06:43 AM
Click here to Send xxxpoppunker182 a Private Message Find more posts by xxxpoppunker182 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HANSOM SOLO

I can tell by reading some of these post that ROTJ Luke Skywalker is way underrated. Some seem to ignore the fact that he's a full fledge Jedi Knight during this time. And his saber skills are fine, there the way they're suppose to be. He doesn't swing his lightsaber like a baseball bat, because he has no skills its because that is his lightsaber skill. He uses Form V, which is a Form used to over come your opponent with brute force and wide swings. He fights just the way he should.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2005 03:37 PM
Click here to Send HANSOM SOLO a Private Message Find more posts by HANSOM SOLO Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Funkadelic

Overrated: Mace Windu
Underrated: Dooku

It's an image worth pondering for a moment. Maybe, when you cut past the instrumental and songwriting virtuosity, the funny voices and characters, what is left is a man alone in his recording studio for days at a time.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2005 05:12 PM
Click here to Send Funkadelic a Private Message Find more posts by Funkadelic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fishy

Overrated: Sidious, he isn't as good as Yoda is and people make him out to be way better then he was. He was good and smart but not a fighter and could not match the ancient Sith Lords.

Overrated: ROTJ Luke, he was barely a knight and already he could beat an really powerful force user? My ass

Overrated: Desann, seriously just read the Revan vs Desann thread you will see what I mean

Overrated: Kyle Katarn, he isn't all that good people. He was nice and all but he was no match for anybody like luke.

Overrated: NJO Luke, he's good but he's no god. Maybe one of the most powerful force users ever but even he can't beat everybody seriously.

Overrated: Revan, some people think he is just to powerful he can't defeat the entire universe. Maybe when Kotor 3 comes out, but at this time he can not.

Underrated: Revan, yeah I actually think he's underrated by many people here who refuse to see that what he did was actually impressive and just don't like him because some people here think he could beat almost everybody or just everybody. A lot of others here think he is to powerful.

Underrated: Darth Vader, a lot of people think he is weak because his style looks stupid and he moves so slow. It was the way the movies were made back then, and he still impressed me. More then many a Jedi in the PT did. Vader still owns, his command of the force is still amazing.

Underrated: Bandon, he became the apprentice of Malak over several Jedi Council members. That makes you powerful, whether people like it or not. Bandon was good.

Underrated: Ulic Qel Droma, some people seem to think he isn't all that good. Ulic rocks sock puppets for lunch. He owns.

Okay thats about all I can think of right now.

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2005 05:38 PM
Click here to Send Fishy a Private Message Find more posts by Fishy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Funkadelic

Overrated: Exar kun

It's an image worth pondering for a moment. Maybe, when you cut past the instrumental and songwriting virtuosity, the funny voices and characters, what is left is a man alone in his recording studio for days at a time.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2005 05:45 PM
Click here to Send Funkadelic a Private Message Find more posts by Funkadelic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Plagues

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Fishy
Overrated: ROTJ Luke, he was barely a knight and already he could beat an really powerful force user?

We have just underestimated him. Luke may not look like much, but he's got it where it counts

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2005 06:53 PM
Click here to Send Darth Plagues a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Plagues Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Clawed The Bum
Back In Black

i have been gone for a while and i wanted to see if anyone agrees with me that if sidiuos did a force push he could of easily kileld mace cuz everyone knows that sidiuos is more powerful then windu when it comes to force? i just thaught of that before i posted my last thread

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2005 07:06 PM
Click here to Send Clawed The Bum a Private Message Find more posts by Clawed The Bum Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Yeah I'm sure he would but has Sidious ever done Force Push in the movies?

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2005 07:52 PM
Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xxxpoppunker182

Originally posted by Fishy
Overrated: Sidious, he isn't as good as Yoda is and people make him out to be way better then he was. He was good and smart but not a fighter and could not match the ancient Sith Lords.

Overrated: ROTJ Luke, he was barely a knight and already he could beat an really powerful force user? My ass

Overrated: Desann, seriously just read the Revan vs Desann thread you will see what I mean

Overrated: Kyle Katarn, he isn't all that good people. He was nice and all but he was no match for anybody like luke.

Overrated: NJO Luke, he's good but he's no god. Maybe one of the most powerful force users ever but even he can't beat everybody seriously.

Overrated: Revan, some people think he is just to powerful he can't defeat the entire universe. Maybe when Kotor 3 comes out, but at this time he can not.

Underrated: Revan, yeah I actually think he's underrated by many people here who refuse to see that what he did was actually impressive and just don't like him because some people here think he could beat almost everybody or just everybody. A lot of others here think he is to powerful.

Underrated: Darth Vader, a lot of people think he is weak because his style looks stupid and he moves so slow. It was the way the movies were made back then, and he still impressed me. More then many a Jedi in the PT did. Vader still owns, his command of the force is still amazing.

Underrated: Bandon, he became the apprentice of Malak over several Jedi Council members. That makes you powerful, whether people like it or not. Bandon was good.

Underrated: Ulic Qel Droma, some people seem to think he isn't all that good. Ulic rocks sock puppets for lunch. He owns.

Okay thats about all I can think of right now.

i agree with you alot on this post especially about revan and you know you're right about vader he did have command of the force like a fat kid and a cupcake.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2005 08:31 PM
Click here to Send xxxpoppunker182 a Private Message Find more posts by xxxpoppunker182 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

laughing out loud laughing out loud
Fat kid.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2005 08:34 PM
Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fishy

Originally posted by Clawed The Bum
i have been gone for a while and i wanted to see if anyone agrees with me that if sidiuos did a force push he could of easily kileld mace cuz everyone knows that sidiuos is more powerful then windu when it comes to force? i just thaught of that before i posted my last thread

I doubt it, force attacks can be blocked with a lightsaber... Besides lightning is more powerful and that failed too.

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2005 09:15 PM
Click here to Send Fishy a Private Message Find more posts by Fishy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

But the lighting was blocked by a lightsaber and when Obi and Anakin did force push on each other they were both thrown back.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2005 09:16 PM
Fishy

Yeah but what was blocking the push again? Oh yeah nothing but another Push.

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2005 09:32 PM
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Still the force from a push would push Mace back and lighting would shick him till Sidious throw him.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2005 10:18 PM
Clawed The Bum
Back In Black

push would of killed him and yes he did do force push in the movies. remember when he force pushed those senate seat things vs yoda. in order to do that you must need some pretty powerful force pushage. when has mace even every do a force moce eva besides force jump? i dont think that mace is even that good in the force but then again i am only asuming. but i am preddy sure like 95% that sidiuos can do a better force push then mace. anackin and obi are both excellent fighters and their force powers are both equally high so the force push effected both of them. i am sure that if mace windu did a force push ( assuming he has enough time to) that sidiuos's force push will over power him and through mace windu out the window and kill him.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2005 11:16 PM
Click here to Send Clawed The Bum a Private Message Find more posts by Clawed The Bum Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xxxpoppunker182

come to think of it alot of SW characters are both overrated and underrated. the most of which are Revan and NJO luke and the reason is the same for both some people like them so much they exahgerate or even lie about their powers and skills but the at the same time people are ignorant to the fact that like fishy said wont admit what they did was quite impressive.

and those arent the only ones either just IMO the main ones.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2005 01:44 AM
Great Vengeance

Overrated-revan-His powers are not nearly as good as everyone says..I mean he would died to that starship blast if not for the mercy of the jedi.

Overrated-NJO luke-He is defeated by a dathromir witch, almost killed by shimmra if not for jacens healing, his spirit torn from his body by the spirit of exar kun, completely knocked out by sekot, and lost in a sparring match with leia and intellectually owned by vergere. He is not as great as everyoen thinks.

Overrated-Marka ragnos- He reigned for 200 years..impressive but he had no one of significance to challenge him and when he came back and possessed that sith master in jedi acedemy he was defeated by jaden korr..

Overrated-Yoda-People make excuses for him but the fact is he lost to sidious and would probably lose to vader as well thats why he didnt kill him himself.

Underrated-Vader-He lost some of his that he had as anakin but makes up for it with experience and dark side power, he is stronger as vader than anakin and could only lose at that time to luke or palpatine.

underrated-Palpatine-He did nto lsoe to mace, he is a master manipulator and simply manipulated mace to benefit him in turning anakin, once that was done he easily tossed mace out the window. And he did defeat yoda, yoda himself says"failed I have" it doesnt get any clearer than that.

underrated-dooku-He did not lose to anakin, he was manipulated by palpatine to "lose" to anakin and if anakin tried to kill dooku he would step in ofcourse he did not. dooku was almsot as strong as sidious himself as he has already defeated mace before and held off yoda.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2005 02:39 AM
Click here to Send Great Vengeance a Private Message Find more posts by Great Vengeance Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xxxpoppunker182

um sidous didnt know that anakin was even coming mace beat him

Old Post Jul 4th, 2005 03:02 AM
Great Vengeance

Read the book...palpatine knew anakin was coming mace was just a pawn in his plan.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2005 03:06 AM
Click here to Send Great Vengeance a Private Message Find more posts by Great Vengeance Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote