KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » General Fiction Area » Harry Potter Fiction » Harry Potter & the Half-Blood Prince (contd.)

Harry Potter & the Half-Blood Prince (contd.)
Started by: joelsef

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
joelsef
all u people are vampires

That should be all of the story that I've already written. I'll start posting some new stuff soon! big grin

Just pretend the camera is a wand!

Last edited by joelsef on Jul 2nd, 2005 at 09:01 PM

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2005 08:48 PM
joelsef is currently offline Click here to Send joelsef a Private Message Find more posts by joelsef Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ones
Death Eater

ARRGGH!

Harry Potter and the Triwizard Cup Spider-man 3

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2005 09:23 PM
The Ones is currently offline Click here to Send The Ones a Private Message Find more posts by The Ones Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Midnight109

glad to see you started it again.\
post more

Previously Hermione202 and Midnight_Miss

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2005 10:47 PM
Midnight109 is currently offline Click here to Send Midnight109 a Private Message Find more posts by Midnight109 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HarryP_Lover
It will soon begin.......

yeah you should post soon youre really really really really good (the best)...

With great power comes great responsability

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2005 11:26 AM
HarryP_Lover is currently offline Click here to Send HarryP_Lover a Private Message Find more posts by HarryP_Lover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HarryP_Lover
It will soon begin.......

when are you gonna post more?
confused

With great power comes great responsability

Old Post Jul 4th, 2005 08:46 AM
HarryP_Lover is currently offline Click here to Send HarryP_Lover a Private Message Find more posts by HarryP_Lover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
joelsef

sorry bout the delay. I don't know who lives in America here, but it's independance Day weekend, and the fourth of July fireworks were last night, plus there's party's an stuff so I've been kinda busy. But, after a looooonnngg wait, heres more. Oh yea, by the way, I forgot once again to change the title of chapter seven to Trouble In Diagon Alley.

Chapter Eight: The Fall Of Fudge

"All righ' you three?" called Hagrid merrily, towering above everybody walking the streets of Diagon Alley as he moved towards Harry, Ron, and Hermione.
For a moment, the three of them could speak no words, as they watched Hagrid, all in one piece, Harry noticed, part the crowd as he walked. Ron was utterly speechless, his mouth hanging open stupidly. Hermione was crying tears of joy as she beamed at Hagrid, and Harry was grinning broadly.
"How are you, Hagrid?" asked Lupin from behind them, a little bit of concern in his voice.
Hagrid stopped in front of the group and was immediately jumped by Harry, Ron, and Hermione, the three of them barely covering Hagrid's enormous gut.
"Been better, I suppose Professor," Hagrid responded, patting the three on their backs with one giant hand. Harry released Hagrid first, brimming with questions, yet finding it hard to get a word out edgewise.
"Hagrid... how...you- I didn't-"
"Take it easy, Harry," Hagrid said dismissively, as Ron and Hermione let go of him, allowing him to breathe at last. "I was in a bit o' trouble for a while, but now, I'm just fine," he stated, in the same voice he used last year when he had tried to cover up his run in with soe unfriendly giants.
"But you were with giants, Hagrid," Hermione said slowly, eyeing him carefully. "And something went wrong, we know; Harry got your letter by mistake."
Hagrid looked at Harry. "Yeh did, did yeh? Well, Harry here has a bit o' problem with keepin' his nose outta certain things, don't yeh Harry? So, I guess yeh all figured out wut my situation was."
"I haven't!" piped up Ron, lost already in their conversation. Harry then realized that he had never shown Ron the letter, and felt bad that Ron was again in the dark.
"I got an idea," Hagrid said, snapping his fingers. "Why don't yeh three tell me all about yer summer in The Leaky Cauldron?"
Harry and Ron were avid about the idea, but Hermione looked concerned. "Don't they need you over there, Hagrid?" she asked, pointing to where Dumbledore and the others were gathered. Hagrid shook his head.
"Nah, don't yeh worry about it, Hermione. They'll call me when I'm needed. Right then, would you like to join us, Remus?" asked Hagrid, and Harry turned around and was surprised that Lupin had not joined up with the group over by a small, run down looking shop that was roped off with slivery, wispy strands. Lupin smiled at Hagrid.
"No thank you, you guys go along, I've got to be joining up with the others," he said, walking away.
"All righ' then, let's go," Hagrid said again, and he, Harry, Ron, and Hermione walked down the street and into the Leaky Cauldron.

"So, what's the news, Albus?" asked Moody, standing outside Sibyll Trelawney's premises amongst the other anxious Order members, his magical eye sweeping the length of the small shop.
Dumbledore let out a long sigh, the wrinkles around his eyes lengthening. He took one last glance at the shop and then turned to everyone.
"I assume that the Death Eaters never found what they were looking for, which I expect was a copy of the prophecy that was shattered last year in the Department of Mysteries. Luckily, Sibyll only keeps the messages she has spoken of in her shop if they are of trivial importance, and I daresay that this particular prophecy, as you all well know, is anything but that. However, it appears that the Death Eaters were merciless, and Sibyll has been murdered," he finished softly, his blue eyes gazing at the shop once again, as if seeing the killing unfold.
"That's awful, Professor," said Mr. Weasley, trying to break the silence. Moody's magical eye had stopped swiveling as he stared blankly at the ground. Tonks was as pale as Sir Nicholas and she too was staring at nothing. Kinsley and Mr. Weasley had bowed their heads, and Lupin coughed uncomfortably.
"And in Knockturn Alley?" asked Lupin.
"Severus and Josten are in the process of repairing the damage caused by the Death Eaters there, though unfortunately, all of them appeared to have escaped. We have no leads as to why they were there, but there is nothing out of the ordinary in the general area. Well, now that things are cleared up, I do believe that we should head over to the Square in Knockturn Alley and finish up there. Everyone here seems to be getting their own shops back in order."
He turned, smiling slightly, to Fred and George's Joke Shop. The sign outside Weasley Wizard Wheezes appeared to finally be repaired, as it was glowing bright purple, and the shrieking image of a certain toad-faced witch was once again being showered with fireworks.

More of that chapter to come. Let me know how you liked the beginning!

Old Post Jul 4th, 2005 04:56 PM
joelsef is currently offline Click here to Send joelsef a Private Message Find more posts by joelsef Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
joelsef

Time is winding down to the release of the Half Blood Prince. Because of this, I'll say a few things that'll happen at some time in my version, but I'll put them as a spoiler in case you don't want to see them; but for those of you who do, here we go. Note: If you don't want to read them, then I've described them very vaguely at the bottom. The details are in the spoilers.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: 1.) One Death Eater is found in Knockturn Alley, won't say who, and he gives very useful information to the Order (not intentionally)
2.) Fudge meets his match at the, um... hands of a Dementor.
3.) Ginny will have an important role in the book
4.) Hagrid will die, at the hands of Giants.
5.) There is a second prophecy made about the Unchosen Boy, Neville, and it will be one of the identifiers of the Half-Blood Prince.
6.) Dumbledore will die, won't say how.
7.) Harry and Hermione will have a very deep relationship, and Ron will hook up with someone too.

Well, there you go, and I hope I didn't say too much. For those of you who chose not to read them, I'll tell you a vague description of what I said. One character has an important role, as hinted at in previous books. Two characters will die, besides Trelawney, and you can guess who one of them is. Relationships will be taken farther. That's all I'm sayin'.

I don't want to ruin the ending, I just want to put a few things out there for people to watch unfold, plus, I'm running out of time, AH! But if you want everything to be a mystery and a surprise, like it has been, the DON'T READ THE SPOILERS. Only if you can't wait for things to happen, or don't plan on reading this story after the sixth book comes out should you read them. Thanks for reading, and more will be posted as soon as I can write it.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2005 05:10 PM
Midnight109

I read it against my will.Sounds Interesting

how so you manage to put that spoiler warning?

Old Post Jul 4th, 2005 05:52 PM
Midnight109 is currently offline Click here to Send Midnight109 a Private Message Find more posts by Midnight109 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
misslilsweetie
I'm confoosed

yeah i have always wondered about how ppl do that

Old Post Jul 5th, 2005 12:34 AM
misslilsweetie is currently offline Click here to Send misslilsweetie a Private Message Find more posts by misslilsweetie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
joelsef

just put the word spoiler inside these [] before your text, and then put /spoiler inside the [] again after your text.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2005 01:36 AM
Midnight109

hmm...........
I'll try it out

Old Post Jul 5th, 2005 01:37 AM
misslilsweetie
I'm confoosed

still confused

Old Post Jul 5th, 2005 02:51 AM
misslilsweetie is currently offline Click here to Send misslilsweetie a Private Message Find more posts by misslilsweetie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Midnight109

let me see if i get this

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: half blood prince

hope i got it right

Old Post Jul 5th, 2005 03:13 AM
Midnight109

yay it worked!!!! big grin stick out tongue

Old Post Jul 5th, 2005 03:14 AM
misslilsweetie
I'm confoosed

lol

Old Post Jul 5th, 2005 04:47 PM
shef231

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: I think Loony Lovegood will be Ron's love.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2005 07:35 PM
shef231 is currently offline Click here to Send shef231 a Private Message Find more posts by shef231 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
joelsef

Hagrid, Ron, Hermione, and Harry took a table towards the back of the Leaky Cauldron, and after they has ordered a few butterbeers, Hagrid began questioning them.
"So," he said, looking at Harry, "I think yeh should start, Harry. Talk about yer summer."
Harry thought about where to begin. He knew that it all started with the near murder of his Uncle, yet he decided that that should be a matter to be discussed with Dumbledore, if he felt like it, that is.
"Er, well," he began, still unsure of how to start. "So, I got this letter on my bed two nights ago, saying that I was leaving Privet Drive forever-"
Hermione coughed loudly behind a mouthful of Butterbeer, struggling not to spit it out. After managing to swallow, she looked quizically at Harry.
"How can that be Harry?" she practically yelled, and Ron rolled his eyes from behind her. "Dumbledore said-"
"I know what Dumbledore said!" Harry responded agrily, forcefully putting down his bottle on the wooden table, causing Hagrid to flinch. Hermione flushed and looked rather hurt. Harry noticed this and was immediately sorry.
"Sorry," he mumbled, and then his voice rose a bit more. "But that's waht the note said."
"Quite all right," replied Hermione with dignity. "I just thought that your aunt and uncle's house was the safest place for you."
Ron clicked his tounge and they all looked at him. "Well, maybe since You-Know-Who can touch Harry without bursting apart, maybe he can get to him inside his uncle's house."
Hermione looked as if she were to say "don't be silly, Ronald", but Hagrid nodded as his took a swig of Butterbeer, spilling a little onto his beard.
"I reckon that migh' be the reason, Hermione," he affirmed, and Hermione's face looked very defeated. "Well, I think tha' maybe Dumbledore thought it best fer Harry to be surrounded by a dozen Order members than by the three most worthless Muggles ever: no offense Harry."
Harry grinned, sipping some more Butterbeer. "None taken," he responded. "So, anyway, I got everything ready to leave my aunt and uncle's house, one of the happiest days of my life," he continued, his audience of three watching him closely. "Well, yea, so I'm waiting for someone to take me away, when my aunt comes out and gives me my mum's wand that she's been keeping for 16 years!"
Hagrid made a sound of disbelief. "She didn't !"
"Oh yea, she did," replied Harry, now finding it easier to talk. "So then, after I find out that my mum's wand has been hidden somewhere in the house, who turns up to relieve me but Snape ."
Hagrid grunted. "Yea, I knew tha' one would throw yeh, Harry, but he was the only man free for the job."
"How would you know, Hagrid, weren't you with Giants-" Hermione started.
"SHHHHSSHH! Not so loud!" Hagrid corrected her. "Yea, I was workin' with the Giants, but this was decided upon a while before I went. But I'll tell yeh about it all in a minutem" he added quickly, spotting their eager faces. "Go on, Harry."
"Right, so I'm expecting Snape to bring me to Grimmauld Place, but instead, he takes me across the street. Bigger shocker right there. I mean, I knew Mrs. Figg was a Squib, but I-hang on... where is Mrs. Figg? I haven't seen her the whole time we were there."
"Yea, I was wondering that too," said Ron, who had Butterbeer stains on his shirt already. Hermione grunted disapprovingly at him.
"Well, if you two would only have asked... it doesn't matter...Mrs. Figg works for the Ministry now, I think in Muggle Relations. You know, trying to keep an eye on Fudge."
Harry had the feeling that he knew something about the Ministry... about Fudge... but he couldn't think of it. Perplexed, he continued.
"So then I find out about... erm... Ron's mum-"

Sorry guys, I gotta go. I'll post more later

Old Post Jul 5th, 2005 08:43 PM
misslilsweetie
I'm confoosed

awwwww thats too bad POST MORE SOON!

Old Post Jul 5th, 2005 10:09 PM
joelsef

Hagrid looked absolutely stunned and fearful when Harry mentioned this. He turned to Ron, concern drawn upon his face.
"Wha' happened, Ron?" he half-whispered, and Ron's head fell slightly. Hermione patted his hand for comfort, causing Harry to feel jealous, and then guilty about it.
"She's... um... she's gone Hagrid," Ron muttered, raising his face, looking as though he was trying hard not to appear sad. Hagrid shook his head disbelievingly.
"Oh, no," he said to himself, tears dropping onto the table like large raindrops. "Not Molly, poor Arthur, it'll be so hard." But then he looked up at Ron, attempting to force a smile. "It'll be alrigh', Ron, yeh guys are tough stuff, yeh'll get through this jus' fine, I know yeh will," he told Ron firmly, patting him fondly on the back, nearly causing Ron to fall out of the chair.
"Well, we reckon that we'll manage enough with mum gone, Hagrid," said Ron, regaining his composure. "I mean, Charlie, Bill, Percy, Fred, and George are all on their own now, so it's just me and Ginny. I'll be 17 soon, so then I'll be able to Apparate to get stuff that me and Ginny might need. Dad's been promoted and given a raise in the Ministry, so we'll get along just fine."
Harry smiled at Ron, admiring his courage, yet eager to talk to Hagrid about the other events that happened at Mrs. Figg's house.
"So Hagrid," he said, drawing the attention back to himself. "Ron, Hermione, and Neville-"
"Oh, were is Neville?" Hermione complained. Harry absently looked around the pub, but he knew that Neville had probably gotten lost somewhere.
"Longbottom?" Hagrid asked them. "Oh yea, Olympe was with my earlier, but I asked her if she could take Neville so see his parents. Special entrance inside Diagon Alley, dontcha' know."
"But... I didn't see Madame Maxime anywhere," said Ron, almost distraught from confusion.
For the second time that day, Hagrid bowed his head in silence, and none of them dared to ask him what was wrong. They didn't have to.
"Olympe Maxime is dead. She came with me to try one last time to get the Giants on our side. We ran into some Death Eaters and one of 'em, Lestrange I believe it was, tortured her to death while one of the Giants had knocked me out. If it wasn't for an unlucky wizard who passed by, I mighta died. You see, he was frightened by something and dropped his bag. Turns out it was an owl, and well, there was parchment and ink in the bag. I was in a cave, but luckily again, the Giants were switchin' guard duty. I had enough time to write Dumbledore a letter and get it off without them noticin'. Good thing yeh got it alrigh' Harry, because Dumbledore came very late that night, probably to keep hidden-" Harry gulped, he knew it was because he had not given the letter to someone hours after he accidentally received it "- an' well, I was rescued. Came back here to help Dumbledore with a right mess some more Death Eaters had made. Busy man, Dumbledore. Busy man," he finished, his voice trailing off into nothingness.
"So, Olympe?" Hermione asked, looking slightly afraid.
"Olympe Hendershott," Hagrid responded gruffly. "Your new Care for Magical Creatures teacher-"
"WHAT!!?" they all yelled together, and several people turned around to look. Hagrid motioned furiously for them to keep quiet, but it was of no use.
"Why Hagrid?" asked Ron, with a very confused look across his freckled face.
"But-" began Harry, when Hagrid held up a hand to silence them.
"It's in the best interest of the Order for me to resign and devote my services to Dumbledore," he said very quietly, looking around nervously. "They need me full time now, seeing as how I'm about the only giant who's on our side, I'm quite valuable, yeh see."
None of them spoke for a while; they only took a few sips of Butterbeer, staring in various directions. Harry tried to remember where he was; there was something important he wanted to discuss. They had went off topic at Neville... ah, yes.
"Right, so anyway, turns out, Sirius had sent me my dad's wand via Buckbeak, Ron, Neville, and Hermione showed me in the basement. It kinda made me wonder Hagrid, if it's coincidence that I have both my parents' wands."
Hagrid swallowed some Butterbeer. "Do yeh have 'em with yeh, Harry?" he asked lightly.
Harry shook his head. "No, they're back at the house, all I've got is mine."
"Ah, well," Hagrid said dismissively. "So, anything else after that?"
Racking his brains, Harry saw that Ron and Hermione were getting a little too comfortable. Eyeing them furiously, he made a grab for Hermione's hand, who pulled it away, but not forcefully. Fuming, Harry decided to continue with his story.
"I see Josten Wig, hate him almost as much as Snape-"
"Don't think that's possible," Ron remarked with an angry snort.
"Wig gives Snape what looks like a prophecy, and I guess I almost disarmed him, had Lupin not disarmed me first. Turns out, Snape showed Dumbledore what it was, but as usual, Dumbledore didn't explain it to me, he just said that it was fine."
"Wait a minute Harry," said Ron suspiciously. "You said Snape had the object with him?"
Harry looked at Ron as though he was thick. "Yeah. So?"
"So? Well, I saw Wig put something back into his pocket. Swear on my life it was the object he was giving Snape."
Harry's mind attempted to sort it all out. So much had happened during the last two days he felt as though his thought process was overloading. There had to be a mistake. Ron must have seen it wrong.
"I dunno. So yea, after that I got your letter Hagrid, and not much happened after that, I think." He finished by downing the last of his butterbeer. The cup floated from the table to behind the counter where it was magically washed and dried at top speed, ready for the next customer.
"No, your not done yet, Harry," said Hermione impatiently, detaching her arm from around Ron.
"What else is there?" he asked, a hint of anger riding in his voice.
"The dream you had," Hermione replied, either unaware of the anger in Harry's voice or choosing to ignore it completely.
Then Harry remembered. It felt as though something had slid into place inside his memory. How could he have forgotten?
"My dream, yea, my dream," he stammered nervously. "Right, so there's one big thing that I don't understand. When I had a visoin like that before, it was happening at that very same moment, right? Well, I saw Wig. Josten Wig, with the Death Eaters. He was one, he was there, with me, I mean Voldemort-" Hagrid and Ron flinched, but Hermione humphed with annoyance "- he knew about you Hagrid. He grabbed the letter because I dropped it. I'm sure he read it, and took off right after he did. But i don't understand. The others say that Josten was with them in Diagon Alley last night. So, how could he be in my vision?" He said this all very fast, and it looked as though only Hermione had taken in all of it.
"I don't know Harry, but you should really-"
"Tell Professor Dumbledore, Hermione, I knew already, you tell me that every time," he said weakly, not wanting to start another quarrel.
"Hmmm, tha' is rather strange, Harry. I dunno much about stuff like that, but I'm gonna hafta agree with Hermione. You really should tell Dumbledore."
"Right," Harry affirmed, but only to get them off his back. He could sense however, that there was one more thing he was missing; one more thing from the dream that was important. He glanced at a copy of the front cover of an issue of the Daily Prophet pinned to the post next to him. It was from last year.

MINISTER OF MAGIC CORNELIUS FUDGE CONFIRMS RUMORS THAT YOU-KNOW-WHO HAS INDEED RETURNED TO POWER. MORE DETAILS INSIDE.

It was then that Harry recalled what was so important that he had witnessed, or rather, ordered. The Dementors, they were going to attack the Ministry at any given time. He had to warn someone, the Order, he had to find them fast.
He stood up so quickly that he knocked over his chair, and it crashed to the ground loudly. Hermione jumped and Hagrid looked surprised.
"Where do yeh think you're goin', Harry?" he questioned, looking a little bit concerned. But Harry didn't care. If he didn't tell someone, the Ministry was going to fall to pieces, and he couldn't live knowing that he could have prevented the collapse of their society. Fudge was in the most danger he reckoned. Despite his bad feelings towards Fudge, he had to be warned.
"Where are they?" he asked breathlessly.
"Where are who?" replied Ron, draining his flagon.
"The Order members!" Harry responded impatiently, and Hagrid through up his arms furiously.
"Are yeh tryin' to tell the whole world, Harry? Calm yourself down now, let's talk."
Harry was panting now. "No time, where are they?"
"Knockturn Alley," Hagrid said timidly, but when Harry turned and ran of the pub, leaving people staring at the exit, Hagrid had regained his momentum.
"Where does he think he's goin'?" he asked, looking offended. "I though' he wanted to hear my story."
Hermione grabbed Ron and turned to run after Harry. "It must be important Hagrid, let's go!" she called back to him, and ran out the exit, Ron right behind her.
"Merlin's beard, those three can really throw me for a loop sometimes," he sighed, leaning on the table, which was dangerous considering Hagrid size. An old, scraggly looking witch stopped by the table and dropped a slip of yellow paper on it.
"Yer' bill, Hagrid. Shall I take it outta yer tab?" she questioned him, and Hagrid looked furious with himself.
"Yea, take it outta my tab, Melinda," he replied gruffly, and then shouted out in surprise as the table broke in half, leaving him lying confused in a pile of broken wood.

More of Chapter eight coming up. Tell me how it is so far!
big grin I feel like watching one of the movies, so I'm gonna go watch Prisoner of Azkaban, see if I can draw some new inspirations. I'll post more tomorrow!

Old Post Jul 6th, 2005 02:41 AM
joelsef

whoo that last post was 9999 characters long!

Old Post Jul 6th, 2005 02:41 AM