KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » ROTJ Luke Skywalker vs. ROTS Serra Keto

Who is the best Jedi Knight?
This poll is closed.
Luke Skywalker 13 61.90%
Serra Keto 8 38.10%
Total: 21 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

ROTJ Luke Skywalker vs. ROTS Serra Keto
Started by: Darth Plagues

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Emperor Revan
Most Powerful Sith Lord

How? He's a Jedi knight, she's a Jedi knight. he has mastered telekinesis, blaster deflection, Force choke, the Jedi mind trick, he can read other's thoughts, and he defeated Darth Vader who's a Sith lord. He single handedly (basically) took down all of Jabba's henchmen which numbered at 50 guys or something, he killed a rancor without a weapon, and resisted the dark side even when tempted by the Emperor and his father.

Thanks to Janus for the great Sig.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2005 08:22 PM
Click here to Send Emperor Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Emperor Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Wow, you are so wrong on all points.

- Luke isn't a Jedi until after ROTJ, and a tenative one at best.

- He hasn't mastered a damn thing you listed. Not even close.

- Luke did NOT single handedly slaughter everyone onboard of Jabba's barge, and assuming he did, so what? It's a bunch of Weequay slugs with sticks and blasters. Not trained Jedi opponents in the training room.

- I can kill a rancor without a weapon. You should see me cook.

- I can also resist the dark side. It's easier than Anakin makes it look. But then again, he is as emotional as an iregular old man.

- And Luke couldn't read thoughts. Period.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2005 08:28 PM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth_Janus

- Luke did NOT single handedly slaughter everyone onboard of Jabba's barge, and assuming he did, so what? It's a bunch of Weequay slugs with sticks and blasters. Not trained Jedi opponents in the training room.

- I can also resist the dark side. It's easier than Anakin makes it look. But then again, he is as emotional as an iregular old man.

"Your wrong you highness. I am a Jedi, like my father before me."

He hasnt mastered those things, but neither has she. He is able to block blaster bolts, used mind trick on the twi-lek, choked the guards, and read Vaders mind.

"Your feelings betray you father."

You beat Vader.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2005 08:50 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Glentract a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Glentract Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Sensing feelings is NOT mind reading.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2005 08:57 PM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Plagues

Wow your wrong on all points. Luke planned everything that happened in Jabba's palace, except for falling in the Rancor pit, which provided no real threat to him anyways...he just slamed the door on it...it died.

And yeah he has mastered all those thing Emperor Revan listed...If you don't belive it...I don't care.

Resisting is not something easy to do...where you got that I have no idea

And Luke could read thoughts...He read Vader's thoughts

Old Post Jul 9th, 2005 08:58 PM
Click here to Send Darth Plagues a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Plagues Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

He still defeated Vader. He blocked blaster bolts. He mind tricked the twi-lek in Jabba's palace. He choked the guards.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2005 08:59 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Glentract a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Glentract Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Plagues

And he read Ben Kenobi's thoughts...

LUKE
Yoda spoke of another.

BEN
The other he spoke of is your twin sister.

LUKE
But I have no sister.

BEN
Hmm. To protect you both from the Emperor, you were hidden from your
father when you were born. The Emperor knew, as I did, if Anakin were
to have any offspring, they would be a threat to him. That is the
reason why your sister remains safely anonymous.

LUKE
Leia! Leia's my sister.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2005 09:04 PM
Click here to Send Darth Plagues a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Plagues Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Plagues

He could even make himself a void in the Force

Old Post Jul 9th, 2005 09:08 PM
Darth Plagues

Even as a Jedi Knight he could block Force Lightning....

125 INT EMPEROR'S TOWER - THRONE ROOM

Luke stands still, as the Emperor reaches the bottom of thestairs. The
Emperor's laughter has turned to anger. He raises his arms toward Luke.

EMPEROR
If you will not be turned, you will be destroyed.

Blinding bolts of energy, evil lightning, shoot from the Emperor's
hands at Luke. Even in his surprise, the young Jedi tries to use the
Force to deflect them. At first he is half successful, but after a
moment the bolts of energy are coming with such speed and power the
young Jedi shrinks before them, his knees buckling.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2005 09:10 PM
Admiral Akbar

Impressive. with such little teaching, and age he attempts to do what yoda can do at the age of 900. Luke is very powerful.

When the darkness comes, keep an eye on the light no matter how far away it seems.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2005 10:25 PM
Click here to Send Admiral Akbar a Private Message Find more posts by Admiral Akbar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Serra_Keto
...Silvertsume's Lover...

ummm go Serra? happy

*~Mhm That's Right, Uh Huh Uh Huh~*

Old Post Jul 10th, 2005 02:26 AM
Click here to Send Serra_Keto a Private Message Find more posts by Serra_Keto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

ROTJ Luke vs. ROTS Serra Keto

Revan and Plagues,

While I think that he could probably take this fight, he is far from a master at the skills you listed. As Janus said, reading feelings is not reading minds; its more of an empathy. It can be used to deduce what someone's thinking, but little more. Of course he handled himself pretty well when he tricked the Twi'lek, and when he Force-choked the Gamorreans, but we've seen far more impressive use of those from Obi Wan and Vader. As for deflection mastery? I think not. If you watch ROTJ, you'll notice that Luke takes a blaster to the hand on the barge. He's good for the amount of time he's been trained for, but he's not all that powerful yet. ROTS Kenobi showed some defense mastery.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2005 06:23 PM
Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fishy

Originally posted by Darth Plagues
Even as a Jedi Knight he could block Force Lightning....

125 INT EMPEROR'S TOWER - THRONE ROOM

Luke stands still, as the Emperor reaches the bottom of thestairs. The
Emperor's laughter has turned to anger. He raises his arms toward Luke.

EMPEROR
If you will not be turned, you will be destroyed.

Blinding bolts of energy, evil lightning, shoot from the Emperor's
hands at Luke. Even in his surprise, the young Jedi tries to use the
Force to deflect them. At first he is half successful, but after a
moment the bolts of energy are coming with such speed and power the
young Jedi shrinks before them, his knees buckling.

EU is nice but when it contradicts the movies its not right, the movies don't show Luke deflecting the lightning so he didn't. Point.

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post Jul 10th, 2005 06:42 PM
Click here to Send Fishy a Private Message Find more posts by Fishy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Amen. Movie>Eu.

Besides, pure potential is not guaranteed victory. Serra is the best student under Cin Drallig, who could wipe the floor, ceiling, and his ass with Luke.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2005 08:44 PM
Admiral Akbar

I agree if Luke cant beat ROTS anakin, he has no chance against serra at all. Because serra fought hard and well against anakin, and luke would fall faster that you can imagine.

When the darkness comes, keep an eye on the light no matter how far away it seems.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2005 09:48 PM
Click here to Send Admiral Akbar a Private Message Find more posts by Admiral Akbar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

Admiral, that was a video game; she is a boss character, and so she is supposed to be difficult. In the movies, Darth Vader chokes her to death while fighting off one of the greatest lightsaber duelists in the Temple. Now of course Luke would fall quite easily against ROTS Anakin, but that doesn't mean Serra could drop him as easily as you say.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2005 01:21 AM
Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Plagues

Originally posted by Fishy
EU is nice but when it contradicts the movies its not right, the movies don't show Luke deflecting the lightning so he didn't. Point.

Too bad I got that from the original ROTJ script. Feel free to surf the web and read it. Luke can deflect Force Lightning. Point.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2005 02:52 PM
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

The original script? From what source, pray tell?

Old Post Jul 11th, 2005 03:25 PM
Emperor Revan
Most Powerful Sith Lord

Wow, you're so wrong on all points.

Luke is a full fledged Jedi knight according to Yoda and Lucas. This is ROTJ and he was a Jedi by the end of it. Yoda: No more training do you require.

He has mastered those, he's still alive now isn't he? He Force choked two gammoreans with no problem. He mind tricked no problem, oh and don't give any crap about he wasn't powerful enough to mind trick Jabba, no one could've. Even Revan and the Exile can't mind trick those resistant to it. He deflected every single blaster bolt except for one, including dozens of fighters, and even from a speeding speeder bike. He has mastered telekinesis, he called a blaster to his hand, his lightsaber, lifted C-3PO, etc.

He killed everyone with a weapon basically and Jabba's henchmen are well trained, single handedly the wouldn't be a walk in the park.

He had no items when he went into the pit and he killed a rancor.

It is NOT that easy to resist the dark side. Anakin fell, Obi used the dark side even when no one was trying to turn him, and many Jedi have fallen. Resisting the Emperor and your father, two Sith lords, together trying to turn you would be very difficult.

And what makes you think Luke can't read thoughts? Luke: Your thoughts betray you, I can feel the good in you.

And even in the novel Luke deflected the lightning for a second or two.

Thanks to Janus for the great Sig.

Last edited by Emperor Revan on Jul 11th, 2005 at 04:46 PM

Old Post Jul 11th, 2005 04:43 PM
Click here to Send Emperor Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Emperor Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

Emperor- I'm not contradicting the fact that he could take this duel, but as of ROTJ, he's no master of those things. Calling a lightsaber to his hands with a few hours of professional training from Kenobi is certainly exceptional, and lifting 3PO as well. But that hardly makes him a master. He was shot at by a bunch of second hand thugs and took a blaster to his hand. Now while there were certainly a good deal of thugs, Obi Wan in ROTS blocked hundreds of bolts without one touching him. In the EU, he kills 50 droids while essentially drunk; that is mastery. Luke has got skill, I won't deny that; he's one of my favorite characters, but he's no master yet.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2005 05:11 PM