KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » ROTJ Luke Skywalker vs. ROTS Serra Keto

Who is the best Jedi Knight?
This poll is closed.
Luke Skywalker 13 61.90%
Serra Keto 8 38.10%
Total: 21 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

ROTJ Luke Skywalker vs. ROTS Serra Keto
Started by: Darth Plagues

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Fishy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Plagues
Too bad I got that from the original ROTJ script. Feel free to surf the web and read it. Luke can deflect Force Lightning. Point.

Who cares? Was it shown in the movies? No. Therefor it did not happen and it is not real.

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post Jul 11th, 2005 05:18 PM
Click here to Send Fishy a Private Message Find more posts by Fishy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Darth Windu, you've read Labyrinth of Evil, I take it? What else have you read?

Old Post Jul 11th, 2005 05:20 PM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fishy

Originally posted by Emperor Revan
Wow, you're so wrong on all points.

Luke is a full fledged Jedi knight according to Yoda and Lucas. This is ROTJ and he was a Jedi by the end of it. Yoda: No more training do you require.

In ESB Yoda said his training wasn't finished that he wasn't ready. When Luke returned he had no aditional training from Yoda. He didn't need any more training because he couldn't get anymore training. If yoda would have the choice he would have send him to train under somebody else. But there weren't any others.

quote:
He has mastered those, he's still alive now isn't he? He Force choked two gammoreans with no problem. He mind tricked no problem, oh and don't give any crap about he wasn't powerful enough to mind trick Jabba, no one could've. Even Revan and the Exile can't mind trick those resistant to it. He deflected every single blaster bolt except for one, including dozens of fighters, and even from a speeding speeder bike. He has mastered telekinesis, he called a blaster to his hand, his lightsaber, lifted C-3PO, etc.

If calling a blaster to your hand is mastering something then its going to be very easy for a force sensitive to become a Jedi. He lifted C3PO but it wasn't easy for him, he looked like he had a hard time. He far from mastered those techniques, not even close to the power a normal Jedi would have had.

quote:
He killed everyone with a weapon basically and Jabba's henchmen are well trained, single handedly the wouldn't be a walk in the park.

For a Jedi? If a Jedi would fail on that they would deserve to die. Every half assed Jedi could have done that.

quote:
He had no items when he went into the pit and he killed a rancor.

You know this example only sucks for Luke, becuase how did he kill it again? By throwing a rock against a Switch, any half assed Jedi would have used the force to do it. Luke did not, mastered it? He far from did. He started to control it, but he did not master it. Yet.

quote:
It is NOT that easy to resist the dark side. Anakin fell, Obi used the dark side even when no one was trying to turn him, and many Jedi have fallen. Resisting the Emperor and your father, two Sith lords, together trying to turn you would be very difficult.

Yeah which is the only good thing about Luke from ROTJ. He was noble and he had the right idea's, which is why I hate him turning to the Dark Side later on it makes no sence. But to stay on topic, Luke resisted the Dark Side a great thing to do. But resisting the Dark Side is your own choice. And Obi Wan may have drawn upon it for a few seconds but so did Luke. Obi Wan did not fall to the Dark Side, and the temptation for Anakin was far greater then for Luke. How much did the Emperor really try? He just said join the Dark Side it brings power oh and kill your daddy while your at it. Luke didn't want power he wanted to save his father.

The Emperor played the wrong card, he played the right one with Anakin there he played the love card he should have done that with Luke too and he should have taken more time. If he would have done that he would have had a better chance of turning the second Skywalker.

quote:
And what makes you think Luke can't read thoughts? Luke: Your thoughts betray you, I can feel the good in you.

Oh come on, even I could see that and I sure as hell can't use the force. Some people can just read other people better. Luke could read Vader, but he could not really read his mind. Just feel emotions. Its like Janus said, there is a big difference between the two. And with how conflicted Vader was at that time, it would not be hard for anybody to read.

quote:
And even in the novel Luke deflected the lightning for a second or two.

Contradicts the movies so it did not happen.

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post Jul 11th, 2005 05:27 PM
Click here to Send Fishy a Private Message Find more posts by Fishy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

Janus- I've read Labyrinth of Evil yes, Cestus Deception, Jedi Trial, various illustrated books, some of which I found to be full of crap, bits and pieces of various NJO novels, and some of Shatterpoint. I've actually had my eye on this forum, so I've gotten a lot of my newer knowledge from some people here. I've also played the KOTOR's, the JK series, and some other games.

Fishy- Like I said, the thought "reading" was like an empathy. Plus it's his dad, I mean come on.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2005 05:48 PM
Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

I've read every Clone Wars novel, Cloak of Deception and The Approaching Storm myself. I won't touch NJO with a dead hamster on a meter long stick. That goes for post-ROTJ novels, too. I bought Splinter of the Mind's Eye and I can barely make it through the first chapter without thinking how crappy it is compare to other works. I mean, come on... it was made in 77!

Old Post Jul 11th, 2005 05:51 PM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fishy

The drunken Obi Wan part was funny stick out tongue but he himself admitted that he probably couldn't have done that when he was sober. At least he was quite surprised that he pulled it off.

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post Jul 11th, 2005 05:51 PM
Eminence
Boss

Lol. smile I agree. I personally believe that Splinter of the Mind's Eye is the most crap-filled piece of literature in the Star Wars saga. If I did a timeline on Star Wars events, I would take that and the Dark Empire series and burn their names a thousand times over.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2005 05:58 PM
Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Mind trick only works on the weak minded and Jabba isn't weak minded.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2005 05:59 PM
Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperor Revan
Most Powerful Sith Lord

Originally posted by Fishy
In ESB Yoda said his training wasn't finished that he wasn't ready. When Luke returned he had no aditional training from Yoda. He didn't need any more training because he couldn't get anymore training. If yoda would have the choice he would have send him to train under somebody else. But there weren't any others.

If calling a blaster to your hand is mastering something then its going to be very easy for a force sensitive to become a Jedi. He lifted C3PO but it wasn't easy for him, he looked like he had a hard time. He far from mastered those techniques, not even close to the power a normal Jedi would have had.

For a Jedi? If a Jedi would fail on that they would deserve to die. Every half assed Jedi could have done that.

You know this example only sucks for Luke, becuase how did he kill it again? By throwing a rock against a Switch, any half assed Jedi would have used the force to do it. Luke did not, mastered it? He far from did. He started to control it, but he did not master it. Yet.

Yeah which is the only good thing about Luke from ROTJ. He was noble and he had the right idea's, which is why I hate him turning to the Dark Side later on it makes no sence. But to stay on topic, Luke resisted the Dark Side a great thing to do. But resisting the Dark Side is your own choice. And Obi Wan may have drawn upon it for a few seconds but so did Luke. Obi Wan did not fall to the Dark Side, and the temptation for Anakin was far greater then for Luke. How much did the Emperor really try? He just said join the Dark Side it brings power oh and kill your daddy while your at it. Luke didn't want power he wanted to save his father.
The Emperor played the wrong card, he played the right one with Anakin there he played the love card he should have done that with Luke too and he should have taken more time. If he would have done that he would have had a better chance of turning the second Skywalker.

Oh come on, even I could see that and I sure as hell can't use the force. Some people can just read other people better. Luke could read Vader, but he could not really read his mind. Just feel emotions. Its like Janus said, there is a big difference between the two. And with how conflicted Vader was at that time, it would not be hard for anybody to read.

Contradicts the movies so it did not happen.

1. Luke had a year of self training, including Shadows of the Empire. If Yoda thought he needed more training he probably would've just became a spirit and continued it.

2. What's the difference between Luke's telekinesis and Obi-Wan's in Episode 1 or 2? And when he lifted C-3PO he simply closed his eyes, he wasn't strained like in ESB when he lifted the X-Wing a little bit. Look at Yoda in AOTC, it looks like he has trouble lifting that pillar, yet 26 years later or so he lifts an X-Wing with much more ease.

3. He single handedly fought dozens of organic creatures, they are much harder to predict and therefore much more deadly than droids. Watch the first 3 episodes, when they fight the weak droids they're almost never alone, and there's never a whole lot at one time.

4. I hadn't thought of it that way. In either case though he had to destroy it, not just press a button. Why concentrate on destroying it with the Force when you can chuck a rock at it much quicker?

5. No comment

6. So he just said "Your thoughts betray you" for no reason? He just thought there was good in the guy who killed Ben, who cut his hand off, for no reason? He obviously could feel the good in Vader, sense his presence, sense other's presences, etc. In any case, thoughts or feelings, Obi-Wan in AOTC is no better. He can't tell anything from Jango now can he? Or Zam Wessel?

7. I wasn't trying to say it did, just showing that Plagues wasn't lying.

Thanks to Janus for the great Sig.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2005 06:05 PM
Click here to Send Emperor Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Emperor Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

I still like you, Emperor. I just disagree with you on almost every level involving Luke Skywalker.

And yes, I would burn Dark Empire and Splinter a thousand times over. And then burn the whole NJO series. I absolutely hate the Vong. Organic technology and no force is just a stupid excuse to have a threatening enemy.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2005 06:08 PM
Fishy

1.) Obviously he wouldn't have, Obi Wan didn't do it. He just told Luke to go to Yoda. Its probably harder to do then they thought was possible. And Yoda would surely have liked to train Luke more. He just knew he couldn't.

2.) Its not impressive and it does not show any mastery of the technique.

3.) What would you call the droids in AOTC, or in ROTS. Plenty of droids there. They just don't focus on much more then the Jedi because the droids are not important in the least, to weak just like the clones.

4.) Lifting a rock and throwing it is not quicker then quickly moving your hand or finger. And the chance of succes is lower. Luke couldn't do it, thats why he didn't do it. And if he could it sure as hell wasn't an instinct. Using the force would be like a second nature to Serra not to Luke, obviously.

5.) Okay.

6.) He did not read Vader his mind, he did not know what he was thinking he could just feel his conflict and drew conclusions from that. He never read anybody else his mind in ROTJ for as far as we know.

7.) I know he wasn't lying, he was still wrong though.

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post Jul 11th, 2005 06:13 PM
Eminence
Boss

Just to get this settled- Luke did NOT read minds. It is a form of an empathy or something. Not to mention that Vader was his father.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2005 06:19 PM
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Darth Windu, something troubles you. Your posts, they betray you. Holy crap, I'm psychic!

Old Post Jul 11th, 2005 06:20 PM
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

Hey, me too!

Old Post Jul 11th, 2005 06:22 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Glentract a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Glentract Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

Ohhh..... Now I get wat you were saying. lol

Click here to Send Darth_Glentract a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Glentract Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

zOMG.... it's an infection of mass-empathy!

Eminence
Boss

Janus, I- I never knew you had such power!! Oh my GOD!! I am your father! You're adopted!! NNNOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Old Post Jul 11th, 2005 06:26 PM
Eminence
Boss

Oooookkkkaaaaaayyyyyy. That wasn't me, I swear.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2005 06:27 PM
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Sure. Your post betrays you.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2005 06:31 PM
Darth Plagues

Originally posted by Fishy
Who cares? Was it shown in the movies? No. Therefor it did not happen and it is not real.

It could be why Luke didn't fly into the shaft...We can't really go by a facial expresstion...Because also in the script it never stated "The Emperor only introcuces a little power to the young Knight to the true power of the dark side."

He was just shocking him...Anyway off subject.

Two lightsabers in hand doesn't give Serra Keto an advantage. Kyle Katarn defeated a Dark Jedi named Boc, one of Jerec's henchmen and Kyle didn't have hardly any Jedi training at the time, he was just a self taught Jedi.

Info on Boc...

Boc is a male Twi'lek with pale skin, reddish eyes and dressed in ragged clothes. His fighting style is described as unorthodox and unpredictable. He is the first official denizen of the Star Wars universe that wields two lightsabers in combat.

Luke could fight against two lightsabers, even though he's never encountered them, but neither did Kyle before battling Boc.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2005 06:35 PM
Click here to Send Darth Plagues a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Plagues Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote