KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » ROTJ Luke Skywalker vs. ROTS Serra Keto

Who is the best Jedi Knight?
This poll is closed.
Luke Skywalker 13 61.90%
Serra Keto 8 38.10%
Total: 21 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

ROTJ Luke Skywalker vs. ROTS Serra Keto
Started by: Darth Plagues

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Eminence
Boss

Doesn't really matter. In EU, Ventress and Grievous, along with Sora Bulq made the most out of multiple sabers, but Anakin in AOTC got thrashed when he tried it against single-sabered Dooku. It all depends on the skill of theuser.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2005 06:38 PM
Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Plagues

Yes it does, I but I was just saying two lightsabers don't make her the all mighty.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2005 06:51 PM
Click here to Send Darth Plagues a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Plagues Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

I agree with you on that last point.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2005 06:56 PM
Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fishy

No of course it doesn't make her all powerful. However she is quite good with them and Luke has never faced anybody that uses lightsabers like that. It would give him an harder time.

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post Jul 11th, 2005 10:04 PM
Click here to Send Fishy a Private Message Find more posts by Fishy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

Well the unorthodox method, yes. But Luke has stood his own against new things before.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2005 10:06 PM
Fishy

Yes he has, but never against a threat that wanted him gone. Never against somebody that wanted to kill him quickly.

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post Jul 11th, 2005 10:10 PM
Click here to Send Fishy a Private Message Find more posts by Fishy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

True, but if he fared pretty well against Vader in ESB (I know, the Sith Lord wanted to turn him), he could probably manage against Serra. Vader beat Serra by choking her with one hand; Luke fared pretty good against him.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2005 10:44 PM
Serra_Keto
...Silvertsume's Lover...

GOO SERRA!

*~Mhm That's Right, Uh Huh Uh Huh~*

Old Post Jul 11th, 2005 10:45 PM
Click here to Send Serra_Keto a Private Message Find more posts by Serra_Keto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RocasAtoll

Well, Luke wouldn't be able to choke her, so that's out. I still believe that Luke would lose. Why? Cuz Serra is the complete opposite of the only other lightsaber wielder he faced, which is Vader. Vader used strong attacks, which for a young person like Luke would be easy to block. But Serra would be a whole lot more agile, with more direct attacks, instead of just powerful ones. Luke would have to transition completely for him to win this, and I don't believe he would be able to.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2005 10:47 PM
Click here to Send RocasAtoll a Private Message Find more posts by RocasAtoll Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

Remember in ROTJ, when Luke completely overwhelmed Vader with those fast and strong Djem So swings? That's what he'd do to Serra. I mean with two lightsabers, she can attack faster than he can, but her defense is a hell of a lot weaker. Vader, with all of his superhuman strength, was unable to stop Luke's Force powered strikes. Serra would need to use both sabers just to block, and even then, she'd have to be leaping out of the way of his strikes. She'd probably get some kicks and wounds in, but not much else.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2005 10:51 PM
Eminence
Boss

Plus, Luke could put in some quick attacks with Form V; not like Serra, but fast enough.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2005 10:52 PM
RocasAtoll

Wait, Luke could force power his attacks? When did he do that? If Luke who got almost no training could do that, then ?I think Serra could do that too.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2005 10:52 PM
Click here to Send RocasAtoll a Private Message Find more posts by RocasAtoll Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

HimoKun- Every single character in Star Wars uses a lightsaber, or throws or punches or jumps or whatever who has control over the Force uses it. In AOTC when Obi Wan throws the homing device at Slave I, he uses the Force unknowingly, just as an instinct. In ROTJ, when Luke throws the skull at the door panel in Jabba's Palace, he uses the Force Do you honestly think Luke could overwhelm Vader with sheer physical power? The dark side powered his strikes. And yes, Serra could do it too, but it would not be as effective, as she'd have to contend with Luke's power as well.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2005 11:04 PM
Fishy

And thats where I think you are mistaking, like you said yourself the Dark Side makes him more powerful. But Luke would not go dark when fighting Serra. He would have no reason to do so, which would remove the only advantage he could possibly get in the fight.

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post Jul 12th, 2005 04:52 PM
Darth Plagues

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Fishy
Yes he has, but never against a threat that wanted him gone. Never against somebody that wanted to kill him quickly.

Actually that's not true. Before even ROTJ Luke fought bounty hunter droids and ect...I doubt they wanted him alive.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2005 08:43 PM
Click here to Send Darth Plagues a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Plagues Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fishy

Let me rephrase that, never against somebody with the force that wanted to kill him quickly.

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post Jul 12th, 2005 08:44 PM
Darth Plagues

Ok Serra Keto hasn't either...not untill ROTS Anakin that is.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2005 08:47 PM
Fishy

I woudln't really know, but she at least faced more oponents, and had more training matches. Her fighting style would be a lot better.

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post Jul 12th, 2005 08:48 PM
Darth Plagues

True, but we do know Luke Skywalker is an extremly fast learner. And in EU he learned to deflect Force Lightning as a Jedi Knight...we have no idea of what he learned as a Jedi Knight.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2005 08:52 PM
Fishy

That part of the EU is false, get it? False does not exist. Its a lie forget about it, it did not happen.

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post Jul 12th, 2005 08:55 PM