KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Hercules vs. Gladiator

Hercules vs. Gladiator
Started by: Betageuze

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 5 6 [7]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

quote: (post)
Originally posted by long pig
His first appearence (i think) he contained a solar system destroying blast by himself and then darted 100x speed of light towards Earth.

Pretty much pre-crisis Superman on steroids.
Superman was way faster than 100x light.

Gladiator has to be projected to get to that speed. eek!

"I am not afraid of the dark the dark's afraid of me"

Old Post Jul 9th, 2005 04:10 AM
snoopdogg is currently offline Click here to Send snoopdogg a Private Message Find more posts by snoopdogg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kgkg
Vigilante

Originally posted by snoopdogg
Superman was way faster than 100x light.

Gladiator has to be projected to get to that speed. eek!

that was just one showing he has no limits

Stay Thirsty, My Friends.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2005 04:17 AM
kgkg is currently offline Click here to Send kgkg a Private Message Find more posts by kgkg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beyonder

Originally posted by olympian
Your talking about one storyline. One fight. Thor has reach those speeds on his own on his comic before. How you think he can travel to other galaxies and dimensions and hand out with Heralds in speed?

laughing out loud Didn't you know? Thor can open up stargates. And since when has Thor traveled at 100X speed of light? Please don't compare Thor's speed with Herald's speed or Gladiator's. Thor can fly fast, but not that fast.

quote:

And yet his words wer " hes just too strong....." no?

Too strong means strength? Maybe you should read that fight. Thor used Mjlnornir and had outside help to win. He didn't beat Gladiator merely on strength. Mjlnornir's abilities were used to counter and beat Gladiator not just Thor's brute strength.

quote:

Both Thor, Herc, Glads and Hulk are stronger than Thing.

How about Hyperion or Wonder Man?

quote:

If comics used someone just called "Hercules" with no relation with the myth then yes. You would be right. They use however the mythical one. The myths are cannon on him and are his background. So of course i use him as the same.

Just stop. Comics based their heroes and villains on alot of things including mythologies...even other companies' characters. Mythic Hercules and comic book Hercules are two different thing. Myths on him aren't cannon. Heck myths are even worse than crossovers and what ifs. Please stop using myths are cannon - it ain't. Ask just about anybody. It's like bringing feats of cartoon Apocalypse as cannon of comic book Apocalypse.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2005 08:01 AM
Beyonder is currently offline Click here to Send Beyonder a Private Message Find more posts by Beyonder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beyonder

Originally posted by olympian
[B]
No. Dbz style of fights simply dont exist at Dc or Marvel. Its not the same and in this debate its simply trying to make it so. If that would be true Glads would own pretty much anyone. And he doesnt.

Yeah well he fought at 100X speed of light. As for DBZ style, it isn't DBZ style. You make it sound like DBZ invented the idea or something, and has copyrights on it.

And you'd think Surfer would own anybody with his power cosmic but he doesn't does he? Heck, he can transmute things but how often does he do?

quote:

Gladiator helding a building (ffs tower ) is nothing compared with dragging Manhattan.

Dragging Manhattan is still less than moving asteroids.

quote:

he will fair better for the simple fact hes a better figther than Wonder Man and hyperion. And for the other smple fact that - he doesnt die- not by any conventional means like being freezed or burned.

Better fighter? You think he judo threw these guys or karate kicked them? He fared better because he had a variety of powers and outclassed Wonderman in everything. Wonderman even needed a jetpack to got after Gladiator - which was fried by heatvision moments into their fight. Against Hyperion, both are nearly identical except Gladiator was more ruthless and a better fighter.

As for Herc, being immortal doesn't mean you can't get knocked out or lose a fight. Nor does it mean he can't be hurt.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2005 08:14 AM
Beyonder is currently offline Click here to Send Beyonder a Private Message Find more posts by Beyonder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
olympian

"Yeah well he fought at 100X speed of light. As for DBZ style, it isn't DBZ style. You make it sound like DBZ invented the idea or something, and has copyrights on it"

Those characters fight like that way back to 83 or 84 when Toryama invented them. I dont know if they own the copyrights or not but they wer the some of the first to show it. Marvel or Dc werent. And thanks my point is Glads doesnt fight like that like some wer saying he did.

"Dragging Manhattan is still less than moving asteroids"

Depending the size of them yes. Glads just usually shows better feats on space while Herc shows better feats on earth. Its all in the background of the character. Herc is earth based, Glads isent.

"Better fighter? You think he judo threw these guys or karate kicked them? He fared better because he had a variety of powers and outclassed Wonderman in everything."

Better fighter as overall. More rutless, more skilled, stronger, more resistance to pain. Overall.

"As for Herc, being immortal doesn't mean you can't get knocked out or lose a fight. Nor does it mean he can't be hurt."

I never said he couldnt. What i said and i stand by is with healing ability and immortality is hard to put him down on a fight. When he gets down he can get up and do that as much time as he wants. Others dont have that advantage. Thats what it is an advantage.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2005 10:36 AM
olympian is currently offline Click here to Send olympian a Private Message Find more posts by olympian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote