KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » hulk VS. galactus (pure physical match)

hulk VS. galactus (pure physical match)
Started by: colossus17

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
xmarksthespot
CEO, BS Comics

Actually now that I think about it, wouldn't Hulk Prime only be as strong as the Hulk that fought Onslaught? Probably not the same thing but meh.

And yes C17 this thread is ridiculous big grin but in the best possible way.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2005 03:56 AM
xmarksthespot is currently offline Click here to Send xmarksthespot a Private Message Find more posts by xmarksthespot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Colossus21

dam u read my first post......why would he be as strong....after 10,000 years of rage.....his power levels will be beyond our comprehension......

Old Post Jul 4th, 2005 03:58 AM
Colossus21 is currently offline Find more posts by Colossus21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

I'll say draw since there is no limits, but I think galactus TRULY has no limit, in more categories, but physical,how big would hulk get??

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Jul 4th, 2005 07:51 AM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
olympian

Guys like Thing have Herc have flipped Galactus off his feet before, but he was extremely weakned and hungry and those two had always backup in the forms of Thor, the Avengers and Dr Strange. ( wich means they only flipped him because others gave them the chance ).

Toe to Toe and only the Hulk? Its not going to happen.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2005 09:08 AM
olympian is currently offline Click here to Send olympian a Private Message Find more posts by olympian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
K3VIL
Neutral Force

Galactus will snap his fingers causing a shockwave that will send the Hulk to the other side of the universe of he'll simply kick him away.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2005 12:33 PM
K3VIL is currently offline Click here to Send K3VIL a Private Message Find more posts by K3VIL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
R.O.T. Yahman
Restricted

Account Restricted

(Galactus) Durability wise Thanos knocked him out of his World ship with what seemed like a highly charged near full power concussive Force blast.
He also stood in the middle of a supernova at the beginning of the comic.

In the real universe Super Nova are the Kings of all explosions. They give out enough energy to create those gamma ray bursts. These were so high in energy that they USED to have scientist thinking they might be breaking the rules of Special relativity. (Note very few scientists still believe this)

In the comic universe (Where Japanese aliens with crazy Hair Dues acn blow up planets with little effort) Super Nova are no longer as special but still impressive enough.

Hulk has never shown durability on that level to my knowledge.

And you make a point of how long the Hulks rage was going on for before the fight, there is reason to believe there maybe a limit to how angry he can get. A limit he may have reached milenia before the fight making the 10 000 year thing pointless.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2005 12:56 PM
R.O.T. Yahman is currently offline Click here to Send R.O.T. Yahman a Private Message Find more posts by R.O.T. Yahman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solidus Snake
The General

galactus wins hands down.

however...the situation is so unrealistic, that it holds no intrinsic value.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2005 01:06 PM
Solidus Snake is currently offline Click here to Send Solidus Snake a Private Message Find more posts by Solidus Snake Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Colossus21

everything holds a certain intrinsic value from different perspectives......

Old Post Jul 4th, 2005 01:36 PM
Colossus21 is currently offline Find more posts by Colossus21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xmarksthespot
CEO, BS Comics

quote: (post)
Originally posted by colossus17
everything holds a certain intrinsic value from different perspectives......

roll eyes (sarcastic)
stick out tongue
big grin
laughing

Old Post Jul 4th, 2005 01:38 PM
xmarksthespot is currently offline Click here to Send xmarksthespot a Private Message Find more posts by xmarksthespot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
seaapple
Undersea Baron

K3vil and Solidus Snake make sense. It just doesn't make sense, even comic book sense, for a radiation affected human to take on a prime force in the universe using brute strength.

The thread is hard to reason about though because the power cosmic is not easy to seperate from the physical ability of Galactus. I mean when a being is basically made of energy, what sense does it make to talk about just physical ability? Galactus made that armor to control his power, Hulk might not be able to even stand in the presence of Galactus's natural form.

Galactus is meant to inspire awe, that's the nature of his character despite occasional ill treatment at the hands of comic book writers. It's hard to just see him treated as just some guy. The Hulk represents pure brute strength. But my true feelings is that when comic book writers came up with the idea of strength increasing with rage they didn't imagine that it would be abused by comic fans, using that to justify inclusion of Hulk in the league of top cosmic characters.

Anyway, rage and anger are different. The type of rage the Hulk uses isn't the kind that accumulates from 10,000 years of sitting around and thinking about something. It is about actually being mad in the moment, and getting more and more heated until he is out of control. I don't think the 10,000 years argument makes much difference. I mean, maybe it would make the Hulk even more enraged it it happened yesterday instead of ages ago.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2005 01:58 PM
seaapple is currently offline Click here to Send seaapple a Private Message Find more posts by seaapple Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Colossus21

it was all of jinzin and c-master.they made me make this thread.......

Old Post Jul 4th, 2005 02:07 PM
R.O.T. Yahman
Restricted

Account Restricted

Miffed

Don't worry Dude,
i did !!!!!!!!!!!!!

well sort of

Old Post Jul 4th, 2005 02:09 PM
R.O.T. Yahman is currently offline Click here to Send R.O.T. Yahman a Private Message Find more posts by R.O.T. Yahman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Colossus21

hulk prime still takes galactus........your logic is not correct.......hulk is beyond logic.he is pure abstract rage.in green form......he could prob take out LT with enough rage.....

Old Post Jul 4th, 2005 02:13 PM
Solidus Snake
The General

in a hulk story, someone shot/injured betty (i dont rememebr whic), but hulk got so mad that he reached the upper levels of his strength and turned back into bruce. then he was kicked around quite easily. in his mind he was saying "calm down calm down or u'll get us killed"

i cant remember which book it was, but it happened when everyone was putting out all those pretty covers with holograms and crap.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2005 02:26 PM
Solidus Snake is currently offline Click here to Send Solidus Snake a Private Message Find more posts by Solidus Snake Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Colossus21

tell that....to all the fanboys that think..that hulk has infinite strength.....that was the reason for this thread......

Old Post Jul 4th, 2005 03:10 PM
olympian

I always like when someone asks for Hulk rabid fanboys to show - in the comics - where he has limitess strengh or where did he ever showed it.

They never know how to answer.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2005 04:46 PM
olympian is currently offline Click here to Send olympian a Private Message Find more posts by olympian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

no one can stay angry for over ten thousand years

Old Post Jul 4th, 2005 04:54 PM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cosmic Cube
I don't have any friends.

Could Hulk become stronger than Galactus?

Sure.

Could he win against Galactus?

No.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2005 05:21 PM
Cosmic Cube is currently offline Click here to Send Cosmic Cube a Private Message Find more posts by Cosmic Cube Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cosmic Cube

Originally posted by grey fox
no one can stay angry for over ten thousand years

Hulk doesn't need to stay angry for 10,000 years to attain any level of strength. He can achieve an indefinite level of strength in moments.

Hulk can't get "infinitely angry."

Old Post Jul 4th, 2005 05:23 PM
Cosmic Cube is currently offline Click here to Send Cosmic Cube a Private Message Find more posts by Cosmic Cube Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cosmic Cube

Originally posted by olympian
I always like when someone asks for Hulk rabid fanboys to show - in the comics - where he has limitess strengh or where did he ever showed it.

They never know how to answer.

Marvel Comics Presents: #52

Originally posted by colossus17
tell that....to all the fanboys that think..that hulk has infinite strength.....that was the reason for this thread......

It's more like Stan Lee and Peter David who established that Hulk had limitless strength. It's been stated and shown throughout his comics. I'm not saying anything that I can't back up.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2005 05:38 PM