KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Sci-Fi / Fantasy » Braveheart, Troy, Gladiator

Best movie
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Braveheart 25 36.23%
Gladiator 27 39.13%
Troy 13 18.84%
Felt equally about all of them 4 5.80%
Total: 69 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Braveheart, Troy, Gladiator
Started by: Stealth Agent

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Reznik
Machinist

I loved Troy. Although it didnt have all the aspects of Iliad still loved it.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2005 04:29 AM
Reznik is currently offline Click here to Send Reznik a Private Message Find more posts by Reznik Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Devil King
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm partial to Gladiator. I'm not a huge fan of Braveheart and Troy was justbad. Very Very Bad

"If you were me, you'd know the safest place to hide...is in sanity!

Old Post Aug 6th, 2005 05:18 PM
Devil King is currently offline Click here to Send Devil King a Private Message Find more posts by Devil King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KillTheLight
=bound by wild desire=

My vote goes to Gladiator..I love that movie

This afternoon with you was something like a letter
The kind that someone writes but never sends

Old Post Aug 6th, 2005 07:29 PM
KillTheLight is currently offline Click here to Send KillTheLight a Private Message Find more posts by KillTheLight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fruits
Regenbogenfarben

hmmm, well i saw gladiator a few days ago (all of it this time) and ive gotta say, better then troy. still havent seen all of bravehear, but my vote is gonna go for gladiator

Old Post Aug 6th, 2005 07:43 PM
fruits is currently offline Click here to Send fruits a Private Message Find more posts by fruits Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~*~pinkypie~*~
Miss Depp to be

Gladiator wins hands down, braveheart has past its time, and troy was rubbish. In gladiator, the musics and effects are amazing and the actors are brill and can act, i mean Joaquin Pheonix and Russel Crowe, it doesn't get much better, it made me cry at the end and 'Now we are free' is my fav song of all time!

Old Post Aug 6th, 2005 08:20 PM
~*~pinkypie~*~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~*~pinkypie~*~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~*~pinkypie~*~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deano
Fight for the future

gladiator gets my vote

braveheart sucks because of mel gibson

The other gods! The other gods! The gods of the outer hells that guard the feeble gods of earth!... Look away... Go back... Do not see! Do not see!

Old Post Aug 10th, 2005 01:53 PM
Deano is currently offline Click here to Send Deano a Private Message Find more posts by Deano Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~*~pinkypie~*~
Miss Depp to be

yey GO GLADIATOR

Old Post Aug 11th, 2005 10:00 AM
~*~pinkypie~*~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~*~pinkypie~*~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~*~pinkypie~*~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RZA
Shaolin Monk

^ I luv that sig love

Definitely Gladiator. Braveheart was good too and so was Rob Roy.

Troy was rubbish. 'Hector!!!...Hector!!!'...argggg....ughhhh

Why is this in Sci-Fi/Fantasy?

‘Sorry but I just can’t trust anything that bleeds for about a week and doesn’t die’ My poetry and stuff

Old Post Sep 24th, 2006 07:21 PM
RZA is currently offline Click here to Send RZA a Private Message Find more posts by RZA Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robby001

I kind of wish they would have had an alternate ending for Gladiator where Maximus got his army, then had a huge battle against Commodus. Then the two of them ad there fight as they were the only two left standing. That would have been great..

"God created Arakis to train the faithful."

Old Post Sep 30th, 2006 07:52 PM
Robby001 is currently offline Click here to Send Robby001 a Private Message Find more posts by Robby001 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RZA
Shaolin Monk

^
Nah, that would have been way too scripted and a nice neatly packaged story book ending with of course Maximus defeating Commodus in the end with no loss of life of his own.

Besides, why would Commodus have been the last one standing? He wasn't even a soldier, he didn't fight in any wars. The only way Commodus would have fought him was the way he did in the movie by cheating. He was way too scared to fight someone like Maximus on an even keel and again it wouldn't have been much of a fight cuz he would've gotten his arse kicked.

I like the ending the way it was. It was different and not usually the type of ending that's expected. Truly Fantastic!

Of course that kind of ending can only take place in a fictional movie, in real Rome it would've never happened.

‘Sorry but I just can’t trust anything that bleeds for about a week and doesn’t die’ My poetry and stuff

Old Post Oct 1st, 2006 06:53 AM
RZA is currently offline Click here to Send RZA a Private Message Find more posts by RZA Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robby001

True but it would have been great to see another huge battle. By my meaning of Commodus left standing would be of course because he was not directly involved with the battle.

Just would have loved to see the Praetorian bastards get there's Thats all.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2006 06:10 PM
Robby001 is currently offline Click here to Send Robby001 a Private Message Find more posts by Robby001 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RZA
Shaolin Monk

True, it would have definitely made for another great battle scene. Personally, I would have loved to see Quintus die. If there was one thing that bothered me that was it, not seeing him get his deserved justice as well at the hands of Maximus.

'What We Do In Life Echoes In Eternity'

Old Post Oct 1st, 2006 06:46 PM
Robby001

Yeah you got a great point there. He was a two timing f*g... He should have totally gotten his.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2006 06:56 PM
Supreme being
Astet controller

Without a doubt Braveheart is the best, anyone who says they didn't choke up when Wallace ws getting tortured and they ask him to scream mercy but he screamed freedom is darn right heartless. sad

Last edited by Supreme being on Oct 21st, 2006 at 12:33 PM

Old Post Oct 21st, 2006 12:30 PM
Supreme being is currently offline Click here to Send Supreme being a Private Message Find more posts by Supreme being Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pandemoniac
Disco Infernal

Historically incorrect (like it matters), but Braveheart is one of my favorite movies of all times. Great battles, drama, cinematography and casting. I loved Gladiator as well, allmost as much as Braveheart. Troy was good too, but not nearly as impressive as the other 2.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2006 12:15 AM
Pandemoniac is currently offline Click here to Send Pandemoniac a Private Message Find more posts by Pandemoniac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Joe_Munchy

King Arthur was pretty good, Alexander was horrible! I'm a homo-phobic, lol. Nothing wrong with being gay, just don't tell me about it, too many gay scenes in Alexander...there should've been none, lol.
But those are totally unrelated to this topic, lol, I'm just avoiding making a decision because I enjoyed all three of those movies...
if I had to say though, I would choose Gladiator, Russel Crowe is a phenomenal actor, and the whole movie was very well done, no boring scenes at all.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2008 12:44 AM
Joe_Munchy is currently offline Click here to Send Joe_Munchy a Private Message Find more posts by Joe_Munchy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Roomy

Gladiator with Braveheart a close second, why is Troy there? Kingdom of Heaven was better.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2008 01:07 AM
Roomy is currently offline Click here to Send Roomy a Private Message Find more posts by Roomy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Funny this topic should be bumped, I'm watching Braveheart right now. I ****ing hate the ending, it makes me hate the English. I've probably posted in this topic already, but I'll say it again, I like Gladiator a bit better than Braveheart, although both are very good.

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Nov 29th, 2008 01:17 AM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Roomy

While we are on the subject, '300' should get a mention. big grin

Old Post Nov 29th, 2008 07:23 AM
Roomy is currently offline Click here to Send Roomy a Private Message Find more posts by Roomy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Haven't seen Gladiator so I can't comment on that.

Braveheart was boring as hell to me.

Troy was alright, but Orlando Bloom irritated me, and the whole story irritates me. So much death for some stupid ***** and her airhead boy friend.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2008 06:33 PM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote