KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Tarkin

Tarkin
Started by: Xizor

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Xizor

Tarkin

Here's another probably Ep2 character we haven't discussed in a while. What do you think his role will be and who do you think will play him? I'd like to see him played by Ralph Finnes.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2000 11:42 PM
Click here to Send Xizor a Private Message Find more posts by Xizor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

I think Gabriel Byrne or Robert Carlyle. I think the character will be on the Republic side to start off with but will quickly change when the Empire is formed. I think he will be a very complex character, always changing sides.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2000 11:50 PM
Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tainted one

in Rogue Planet by Greg Bear, Wilhuff Tarkin has a substantial role. he manipulated people almost as effortlessly as palpatine, and admits his allegience to palpatine as chancellor. he even discovers plans for a huge round space station prepared by an engineer (i forget the names, i read the book a while ago), and you can almost see the gears turning in his head. he is sent to do some nasty stuff by palpatine. you can see a relationship forming. he hints that the future of the Republic (soon-to-be Empire) is humans. Not alien creatures and certainly not droids (meaning the coming clones i think). a good book. i hope he finds a place in II and III. he's been one of the more interesting characters that never quite get enough screen time (probably because he died, but still . . .)

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2000 12:32 AM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UnknownBountyHunter

I don't think we will see Tarkin as early as Ep. II but we should definitely see him during the III episode.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2000 10:22 AM
Click here to Send UnknownBountyHunter a Private Message Find more posts by UnknownBountyHunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Xizor

Perhaps he gets minor time in Ep2 as one of Palpy's loyalist and deadliest followers. Maybe he could lead the space attack during the clone wars(fighting for the clones). In Ep3 he should have a larger role as the military commander of the new Empire, or he has something to do with the death star prototype. Anyway, Bryne would be cool too, I was holding out hope on him being cast as Thrawn. The guys not as thin, evil and emancipated as Finnes.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2000 05:23 AM
Click here to Send Xizor a Private Message Find more posts by Xizor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dim
Creativity

I could see Robert Carlyle in the role. He's got that gaunt onery look.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2000 08:32 AM
Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Xizor

Yes, he's be very good. Do you know who Coloin Hanks is?

Old Post Aug 24th, 2000 08:59 AM
Dim
Creativity

...Is in Roswell, Tom Hanks' son...I don't know what he looks like though.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2000 09:01 AM
Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Xizor

I spelled it wrong, Colin. I dodn't know who he is but I was told he's play a good Tarkin.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2000 09:02 AM
Dim
Creativity

hmmmmmmm...he was on the short list for anakin ya know.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2000 09:10 AM
DiEbyDaGuNZ

interesting...

Old Post Aug 24th, 2000 10:25 AM
Xizor

Colin Hanks

Man, i didn't know that either. Want to tell more more about him if you know who he is, and what he's been in? If he was being considered for Ani though I doubt he'd be good playing the evil 30 something Tarkin in Ep2-3.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2000 12:51 AM
Dim
Creativity

Re: Colin Hanks

Yeah I think he's only 22, so him being Tarkin probably won't pan out...
I still haven't found a pic of him...but the fact that he was up for Anakin kind of speaks for itself

He was in "That Thing You Do" as a male page...(you'd think he could have gotten a bigger role considering it was his dad's pet project). He was also in Whatever it Takes...He played someone named Cosmo if that helps...I haven't seen either one of the movies..

Old Post Aug 25th, 2000 06:01 AM
UnknownBountyHunter

Haven't we covered the Colin Hanks scenario? If not, I think he might be too young for the job. I think a 30 year old is adequate for Ep.II or III.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2000 06:09 AM
Click here to Send UnknownBountyHunter a Private Message Find more posts by UnknownBountyHunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Xizor

Fiennes is 35, guant, hatchet faced and mean. He's a great actor who could esily pick up Tarkins mannerisms and accent. Bryne is 43, and I don't know about Carlyle but I'm guessing between 27-33.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2000 10:09 AM
theEvilJedi

Definitely Gabriel B.

Obi-Wan Kenobi: (Looks up at his chains) "Good job!"

Old Post Aug 27th, 2000 10:09 AM
Click here to Send theEvilJedi a Private Message Find more posts by theEvilJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Xizor

I'd take Bryne as Tarkin in a second if I wasn't still holding out in my dream of seeing him play Thrawn.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2000 10:13 AM
theEvilJedi

Xizor I thought you didn't like the books?Anyway go to the Jedi Council Forum I added something about us.Tell me if you like the idea.

Obi-Wan Kenobi: (Looks up at his chains) "Good job!"

Old Post Aug 27th, 2000 10:15 AM
Click here to Send theEvilJedi a Private Message Find more posts by theEvilJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Xizor

What!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Me not like the books? What are you talkin about?

Old Post Aug 27th, 2000 09:26 PM
Snarlingcur Matt Dalrymple

Re: What!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think Tim Roth would make a great Tarkin. I must say Finnes and Byrne sound good too.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2000 05:53 AM