KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Baldur's Gate

Baldur's Gate
Started by: CorderaMitchell

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Flail of ages +5 rocked on its own words, the free movement, slowing and extra damage, it wasn't hard to do 40 damage without a critical hit. It was also good against trolls and other low damage takers.(adamantine)

I haven't played BG2 in a while either, my floppy won't get the characters to my computer that I'd saved as a backup, any suggestions?

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Jul 10th, 2005 06:59 PM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~The Wickerman~
The Evanghelist

quote: (post)
Originally posted by CorderaMitchell
Flail of ages +5 rocked on its own words, the free movement, slowing and extra damage, it wasn't hard to do 40 damage without a critical hit. It was also good against trolls and other low damage takers.(adamantine)

I haven't played BG2 in a while either, my floppy won't get the characters to my computer that I'd saved as a backup, any suggestions?

Indeed. FoA +5 kicked ass. Hmmmmm......depends if you saved them properly on your floppy. I made an entire folder as backup and put it on a cd. I could send you some of my saves stick out tongue

~wickerman~

Old Post Jul 10th, 2005 08:25 PM
~The Wickerman~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~The Wickerman~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~The Wickerman~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

I guess, but what if I sent you some of my saves on the floppy, and you saved them properly for me?

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Jul 10th, 2005 08:27 PM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~The Wickerman~
The Evanghelist

I guess, but what if I sent you some of my saves on the floppy, and you saved them properly for me?

Can't. I don;t have the game anymore, remember? already told you sad
As for sending you my saves, scratch that idea too. I think the CD with them is underneath a pyle of CDs/clothes sad

And i'm too damn lazy....just start the game over again

~wickerman~

Old Post Jul 10th, 2005 08:43 PM
~The Wickerman~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~The Wickerman~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~The Wickerman~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

No thats not what I meant, like resave my files so that they open up better, I may have saved it under the wrong thing.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Jul 10th, 2005 08:46 PM
~The Wickerman~
The Evanghelist

No thats not what I meant, like resave my files so that they open up better, I may have saved it under the wrong thing.

from what i recall each save has its own mini-folder with 3 documents in it.......if you only saved ONE of the three, it'll never work.

~wickerman~

Old Post Jul 10th, 2005 08:53 PM
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

hmmmmmmmmmm thanks

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Jul 11th, 2005 12:00 AM
~The Wickerman~
The Evanghelist

hmmmmmmmmmm thanks

Did ya get it to work?

~wickerman~

Old Post Jul 11th, 2005 08:30 PM
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

I haven't been at home, been busy.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Jul 11th, 2005 09:31 PM
Dagons Blade
I'll Take The Job

Oh yeah good old Minsk and his Might Berseker Rat, Boo.

Every time you went to pick up Boo, you heard this "squeak!" and it was friggin' hysterical. This was the first D&D PC game for me, and I loved it. Just this week I finished Icewind Dale and started over with the Heart Of Winter expansion with an exported party with all their nice weapons they earned in the main game....

How I love the Axe Of Caged souls- +5 to cadaverous undead (zombies, ghouls, ect.) Not hard to do a double damage with a high level fighter or ranger. You will NEED this for the H.O.W. expansion pack.

The Restored Blade Of Aihonen- VERY nice weapon. Needed to kill the final boss in Icewind Dale's main game. Does nicely elsewhere too.

Otiluke's Robe-gives any magic user a strength of 18 for melee combat.

Some general weapons but there are so many more to play with.

OH, and let's not forget the Messenger Of Seth-a nice longbow that shoots 5 arrows per round. NICE weapon if you have Arrows Of Piercing. hehehe smile

Old Post Jul 15th, 2005 02:40 AM
Dagons Blade is currently offline Click here to Send Dagons Blade a Private Message Find more posts by Dagons Blade Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

I haven't played Icewind Dale, I hear its an inferior version of the same thing.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Jul 15th, 2005 02:38 PM
Bicnarok
From Ganymede

Ive been looking for a RPG which suits me for a while, Diablo 2 doesn´t run on my Xp for some reason. Is baldurs gate a 3d first person sort of game or like diablo, top view?

My wife´s playing Neverwinter Nights, there´s a bit too much talking for me.

Any ideas

Old Post Jul 15th, 2005 04:13 PM
Bicnarok is currently offline Click here to Send Bicnarok a Private Message Find more posts by Bicnarok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Baldur's gate, but there is a LARGE learning curve.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Jul 15th, 2005 06:17 PM
Barker
Thorin Fan Club President

Baldur's gate, but there is a LARGE learning curve.

I got it alright....

OFF TOPIC....... I played (and beat) both of them and i enjoyed them...

Does anyone, i repeat ANYONE know anything about a possible 3 on the consoles?

please respond to my PM Thorin

Old Post Jul 15th, 2005 08:28 PM
Barker is currently offline Click here to Send Barker a Private Message Find more posts by Barker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

no clue, it isn't impossible to learn, but some would go nuts though.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Jul 15th, 2005 09:11 PM
Dagons Blade
I'll Take The Job

I haven't played Icewind Dale, I hear its an inferior version of the same thing.

Not necessarily, the story is a bit more involved, and covers Easthaven and Kuldahar, which I believe were briefly mentioned in Baldur's Gate 1 and 2. It has it's own spots of interest and it stands on it's own nicely.

Durlag's Tower in BG was nasty, but wait till you get to the Elven fortess of the Severed Hand...you'll LOVE the traps and monsters in that one. And you get some decent magic weapons and potions too.

There's also one place where the entire cave complex is filled with Lizardmen and a HUGE chieftain who does some serious damage. You'll find your party running out of the cave and resting and healing a few times to take this guy down. And it leads to a cult of evil priests and ultimately a HUGE Yuan Ti named Yuxonemei,whome you get the Messenger Of Seth from. Having a bow that shoots 5 arrows in one round is a NICE weapon.

The Vale Of Shadows-nothing but undead. And a nice haul of weapons and armor and a cool character named Kresselack The Black Wolf.

Before you knock it, give it a try. Heck it takes a shorter time to beat than Morrowind wink

Old Post Jul 16th, 2005 01:21 PM
Dagons Blade is currently offline Click here to Send Dagons Blade a Private Message Find more posts by Dagons Blade Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

O I wouldn't say it was bad, it seemed like a nice alternative.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Jul 16th, 2005 01:35 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Bioware has recently announced the details for their shitty glorified mod Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition which they are charging $20 for.

New features include 3 new characters:

The Blackguard Dorn II-Khan

Neera the Wild Mage

Rasaad yn Bashir the Monk

All of which are romancable, obviously. smile

As well as a new adventure called the Black Pits. But unfortunately the source art assets for Baldur's Gate, Baldur's Gate: Shadows of Amn and Throne of Bhaal are lost, so the game will not be able to be remade in HD or do anything at higher resolutions.

Screenshots:

(please log in to view the image)

Apparantly 'enhanced' means 'really blurry.'

Discuss.

Last edited by Nephthys on Jul 27th, 2012 at 04:21 AM

Old Post Jul 27th, 2012 04:17 AM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

Bioware isn't making it last I checked.

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Jul 27th, 2012 04:28 AM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Gah, right, its Overhaul Games. Right right, sorry. Ok, that calms me down a little.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2012 04:32 AM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote