KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » ROTS Sidious & Yoda vs Darth Revan

ROTS Sidious & Yoda vs Darth Revan
Started by: Darth Somebody

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Great Vengeance

I agree with all darth somebodys points on this, you guys are all bias towards palpatine and fail to recognize he was the greatest sith lord and perhaps the most powerful as well.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2005 02:34 AM
Click here to Send Great Vengeance a Private Message Find more posts by Great Vengeance Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Illustrious
Sans Pareil

Sids and Yoda, and it shouldn't be that hard.

I can't believe how many KOTOR fanboys are trying to convince others that Revan has a legitimate shot at this. We're talking arguably one of the greatest Sith and one of the greatest Jedi's ever TEAMING up against an individual that is believed by KOTOR fans to be the best. Sad.

Revan's formidable, but don't convince me that he's going to somehow waste both Yoda and Palpatine.

quote:
ancient jeedai and sith fought against each other non stop. the movie jeedai and sith havent done so for their whole lives.. the ancient sith/jeedai will usually just outclass the movie ones

That's not necessarily true at all.

Ancient civilizations fought each other again and again and again. But guess what? There are modern day fighters that train their entire lives, that can reach peaks that those individuals couldn't. They've been able to jump higher, be stronger, move faster, than past individuals because of focused training and enhanced knowledge.

So why wouldn't the same be true in the SW universe?

You're doing an awful lot of ASS-U-Ming to try to show a point.

quote:
Yoda probably wouldn't be too hard for Revan to split up either

And how do you propose Revan "splits" them up? Both of these individuals are very capable of extreme acrobatics, and we've rarely see either of them take a direct hit from anything other than force powers. Do you propose that Revan somehow manages to force push Yoda's tiny green body into outer space and then proceeds to beat down Sidious in a lightsaber duel or something of that sort? Ridiculous.

The end result is still pretty clear: Revan gets toasted.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2005 03:04 AM
Click here to Send Illustrious a Private Message Find more posts by Illustrious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Great Vengeance

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Illustrious
Revan gets toasted.

Yep

Old Post Jul 13th, 2005 03:17 AM
Click here to Send Great Vengeance a Private Message Find more posts by Great Vengeance Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Overmaster
The Stranger

"If you were to face an ancient sith lord in combat, you would realize that we are as children with toys, compared to the prowess of the old masters."
Ok, this was said about the ancient sith, by Kriea. The ancient sith were about 2000-4000 years before Revan's time, if not more. If lightsaber skill deteriorated in those thousands of years before Revan, then the Sith after Revan, got progressively crappier and crappier with thier Lightsaber skills. Now, if this is true, then Sidious' saber skill would be nothing to Revan, like the Exile was to the older sith lords. If Sidious was at least as good as Yoda in saber skill, as shown in their fight, then that would mean Yoda was nothing to Revan as well. Assuming what Kreia said was true, then an ancient sith lord could just swing once, and kill the exile. Revan, I think, is a better lightsaber duelist than the exile, if in 4000 years, saber skill deteriorated, then all Revan would need to do is take Yoda's and Sidious' force powers head on, close the gap between then and slash twice. If they were separated, then it would be easier for Revan.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2005 03:25 AM
Click here to Send The Overmaster a Private Message Find more posts by The Overmaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Illustrious
Sans Pareil

Originally posted by Darth Infidus
"If you were to face an ancient sith lord in combat, you would realize that we are as children with toys, compared to the prowess of the old masters."
Ok, this was said about the ancient sith, by Kriea. The ancient sith were about 2000-4000 years before Revan's time, if not more. If lightsaber skill deteriorated in those thousands of years before Revan, then the Sith after Revan, got progressively crappier and crappier with thier Lightsaber skills. Now, if this is true, then Sidious' saber skill would be nothing to Revan, like the Exile was to the older sith lords. If Sidious was at least as good as Yoda in saber skill, as shown in their fight, then that would mean Yoda was nothing to Revan as well. Assuming what Kreia said was true, then an ancient sith lord could just swing once, and kill the exile. Revan, I think, is a better lightsaber duelist than the exile, if in 4000 years, saber skill deteriorated, then all Revan would need to do is take Yoda's and Sidious' force powers head on, close the gap between then and slash twice. If they were separated, then it would be easier for Revan.

This quote simply shows that the ANCIENT SITH Lords were more powerful than Revan, if you consider Kriea a valid source. You're ASSUMING that lightsaber and force powers deteriorated from Revan's time to the SW Saga. There is little evidence for this or the contrary, so the point is moot.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2005 03:34 AM
Click here to Send Illustrious a Private Message Find more posts by Illustrious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

So what you're saying Infidus is that someone like Mace or Luke could never be as good in terms of lightsaber combat as ancient sith lords?

Old Post Jul 13th, 2005 03:36 AM
Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Overmaster
The Stranger

Originally posted by Illustrious
This quote simply shows that the ANCIENT SITH Lords were more powerful than Revan, if you consider Kriea a valid source. You're ASSUMING that lightsaber and force powers deteriorated from Revan's time to the SW Saga. There is little evidence for this or the contrary, so the point is moot.

Not force powers, just lightsaber skill.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2005 03:39 AM
Click here to Send The Overmaster a Private Message Find more posts by The Overmaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Great Vengeance

It is also said that palpatine was the greatest sith lord who ever lived and yoda was the the wisest and most powerful jedi in the star wars universe.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2005 03:40 AM
The Overmaster
The Stranger

Besides, Illustrious, i was just giving my opinion, sorry it pissed you off.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2005 03:42 AM
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Sith and Jedi from the PT could easily be as good in lightsaber combat as the ones in the Ancient Sith. Look at Mace who mastered Vaapad or Dooku who mastered form II. Both are used mainly for dueling.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2005 03:44 AM
Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Overmaster
The Stranger

Originally posted by Great Vengeance
It is also said that palpatine was the greatest sith lord who ever lived and yoda was the the wisest and most powerful jedi in the star wars universe.

Greatest doesnt neccesarily mean power, it could just mean that he accomplished great things.

And as for Yoda, if he was so wise and powerful, why was he caught off gaurd by Sidious' plot, and then defeated by him as well?

Old Post Jul 13th, 2005 03:46 AM
The Overmaster
The Stranger

Originally posted by General Zodiac
Sith and Jedi from the PT could easily be as good in lightsaber combat as the ones in the Ancient Sith. Look at Mace who mastered Vaapad or Dooku who mastered form II. Both are used mainly for dueling.

True, but if what Kreia said holds any water, then it would make you wonder just HOW good the sith before Revan were.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2005 03:49 AM
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Wasn't Kotor II like 4,000 years before the PT? What she said then has nothing to do with Sith in the PT. What do you think they did? Trained to kill the Jedi. And Sidious accomplished something no other Sith has done. Took complete control of the galaxy, destroyed the Republic, and had the Jedi hide.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2005 03:53 AM
Illustrious
Sans Pareil

Besides, Illustrious, i was just giving my opinion, sorry it pissed you off.

It didn't piss me off.

I'm just saying it's an awefully big assumption to simply state that lightsaber powers deteriorated from earlier days. The thing is, it is extremely difficult to compare eras, so such a comparison would be moot without hard evidence.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2005 03:53 AM
Great Vengeance

Greatest doesnt neccesarily mean power, it could just mean that he accomplished great things.

And as for Yoda, if he was so wise and powerful, why was he caught off gaurd by Sidious' plot, and then defeated by him as well?

Greatness is usually tied to power in the star wars universe, and yoda was caught off gaurd by SIDIOUS who was impossibly clever and very very powerful.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2005 03:54 AM
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

caught off guard.
Sidious: Now you will witness the full power of the sarkside. (Lifts fingers) It couldn't been more clear. 4 Jedi in ROTS were retards. The 3 that were killed by Sidious and Yoda but he evened it out for being a bad@$$ like with the royal guards.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2005 03:57 AM
Great Vengeance

Originally posted by General Zodiac
caught off guard.
Sidious: Now you will witness the full power of the sarkside. (Lifts fingers) It couldn't been more clear. 4 Jedi in ROTS were retards. The 3 that were killed by Sidious and Yoda but he evened it out for being a bad@$$ like with the royal guards.

I didnt mean he was caught off gaurd in their fight, I meant he was caught off gaurd when palpatine reveals himself to be sidious.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2005 04:12 AM
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Yoda really gets it after the fall of the Jedi. He calls him Darth Sidious so he basically figured it out.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2005 04:46 AM
Darth Somebody

Originally posted by DarthGenises
Sids and Yoda DUH!!!!! Why did you make it so lopsided?

Alright. I have seen numerous threads with lopsided tendancies. And I hated them. This thread isn't lopsided. You will find that the vast majority of the people here consider Revan to be the most powerful Sith Lord ever - and a Force god. It gets old. So I made this match to placate the masses...

Old Post Jul 13th, 2005 06:46 AM
Click here to Send Darth Somebody a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Somebody Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Luke wouldn't be able to take Sidious and Yoda alone.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2005 12:32 PM