KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Most uninspiring game......

Most uninspiring game......
Started by: CorderaMitchell

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
dAngEr_Is_gO!
Celebrity Assassin

I agree, I found God of War quite uninspiring. However I can't figure out if that is because I've played Ninja Gaiden first (which GoW owes a lot to). If I hadn't played NG I think it would have blown me away a lot more.
Area 51 is another uninspired game. FPS by rote.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2005 04:52 AM
dAngEr_Is_gO! is currently offline Click here to Send dAngEr_Is_gO! a Private Message Find more posts by dAngEr_Is_gO! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Yes god of war, was overrated, give a kid a sex mini game, and they'll play anything.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Jul 12th, 2005 11:54 AM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Smasandian
I disagree. Old games seem to be fun because of gameplay but when you actually go back and play them, you'll find the experience completly different and generally boring.

The ones I mentioned, I play 3 or 4 times a week, this isn't just simple nostaliga.

There are a few games back in the day that were loads of fun and can still play well today, but generally alot of them arnt that good. Buy an Arcade Treasure game, or a Classic compliation game and you will see that most of them get very old quickly.

But classic mario, killer instict, sonic, dig dug, pac man, and others never do.

Playstation better gameplay? Thats your opinion but there is no way that PS was that much better than N64. Both had good games even though some of N64's games really came out, considering Goldeneye and Mario 64 revoultionized its genre.

Of course it is, but I loved those games you menitoned, but N64 offered little else, and its cartridges were inferior AND cost so damned much.

Rag Doll physics is old. The new thing for shooters is intergrating reallife physics.
I do agree that bad shooters are boring as hell. But you can say the same thing about bad fighters, bad platformers, bad puzzle games, bad driving games, bad RTS, bad Turn base strategies, bad RPG's and etc.etc. They're all boring if they suck.
But if you take HL2, you would see that it offered so many different areas and types of gameplay that it never got boring, well to me of course.

amen, HL2 is a 9/10, nothings was wrong with it, I was implying that like all shooters, it can get boring if you're stuck, HL2 is the best of its kind.

And for a boring game, try Joint Ops. that game is crap.

'
try ballz, or big rigs, the worst game ever made.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Jul 12th, 2005 11:58 AM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Originally posted by Zatch_Bell
I'd say Twisted Metal Black it was the same as all the other Twisted Metals.

Twisted metal black, was the best of its kind, and should be a top ten, its horridly underrated, much like Beyond Good and Evil.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Jul 12th, 2005 12:00 PM
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

About old games not being fun, thats simply not true in many cases.

I picked up Doom, it's still brilliant. It's still fun. Duke Nukem 3D is still great. The original Star Wars arcade machine from 1977 I played the other day was a joy aswell.

I was hooked on Ninja Turtles 4: Turtles In Time (the old arcade scrolling beatem'up that I was glued to in my childhood) and I didn't stop until I finished it. Also, the likes of Mario and 16-bit Sonic games never age.

Old games aren't as impressive, but some stand the test of time very well.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2005 12:35 PM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Originally posted by Red Superfly
About old games not being fun, thats simply not true in many cases.

I picked up Doom, it's still brilliant. It's still fun. Duke Nukem 3D is still great. The original Star Wars arcade machine from 1977 I played the other day was a joy aswell.

I was hooked on Ninja Turtles 4: Turtles In Time (the old arcade scrolling beatem'up that I was glued to in my childhood) and I didn't stop until I finished it. Also, the likes of Mario and 16-bit Sonic games never age.

Old games aren't as impressive, but some stand the test of time very well.

I love turtles in time, and ILOVE DUKE, some people just like tech and flashy graphics. I still have the original gameboy, gamegear, genesis, supernintendo, and playstation. I love GOOD games, not shinier ones.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Jul 12th, 2005 03:22 PM
el_barto
I'm So Bored With the USA

Originally posted by Zatch_Bell
I'd say Twisted Metal Black it was the same as all the other Twisted Metals.

But its still a cool game.

You Call This a New Way of Thinking? I Call This Regression to Ignorance.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2005 04:24 PM
el_barto is currently offline Click here to Send el_barto a Private Message Find more posts by el_barto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

N64 offered alot more than that. Your giving it less credit that what it deserves. The cartidges are inferior but thats not a reason why N64 didnt offer anything.
Their are tons of good games for N64 and also PS. Both were capable systems but in terms of quality, N64 was ahead of the PS.

Their are games that dont age like Mario and Sonic, and I'm definitly going to play alot of them on the Revoultion when it comes out. But you also have to remember the ton of crappy games that came out that you forget. Everybody is mentioning popular and genre defining games like Duke Nukem, Sonic, Mario, Doom, Pac Man. These are the staples from the golden age of videogames. Of course, they're still going to be fun.
But what about the cloned games that stole from all those games. Does anybody ever play those?
Old school gaming can be quite boring also. Gameplay makes a game good, but can also make the game crap.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2005 07:15 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

N64 offered alot more than that. Your giving it less credit that what it deserves. The cartidges are inferior but thats not a reason why N64 didnt offer anything.
Their are tons of good games for N64 and also PS. Both were capable systems but in terms of quality, N64 was ahead of the PS.

Their are games that dont age like Mario and Sonic, and I'm definitly going to play alot of them on the Revoultion when it comes out. But you also have to remember the ton of crappy games that came out that you forget. Everybody is mentioning popular and genre defining games like Duke Nukem, Sonic, Mario, Doom, Pac Man. These are the staples from the golden age of videogames. Of course, they're still going to be fun.
But what about the cloned games that stole from all those games. Does anybody ever play those?
Old school gaming can be quite boring also. Gameplay makes a game good, but can also make the game crap.

I liked it, but not the games as much.

Gameplay of old school games were repetitive, but were made to be fun, most aren't sophisticated and you can dive right in. As a working man I like to play for 10 minutes, seeing long load screens and starting up, takes 10 minutes in some cases for new games.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Jul 12th, 2005 10:25 PM
jinXed by JaNx

did someone mean to say most uninspired game? I have played only few games that conveyed any kind of inspiration at all. However, the most uninspiring game that i have ever played was big mutha truckers, and doom3. Also, danger, what does god of war have to owe to ninja gaiden? GOW was more universal and diddnt have the worst camera system in the world.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2005 10:31 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

read the gamefaq's on big rigs, worst.game. ever.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Jul 12th, 2005 11:05 PM
Thunder Fox
F.M.L

the only games i truly played on 64 would be zelda and starcraft

Merc with a Mouth, the Crimson Nutcase

Old Post Jul 12th, 2005 11:20 PM
Thunder Fox is currently offline Click here to Send Thunder Fox a Private Message Find more posts by Thunder Fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dAngEr_Is_gO!
Celebrity Assassin

Originally posted by ragesRemorse
did someone mean to say most uninspired game? I have played only few games that conveyed any kind of inspiration at all. However, the most uninspiring game that i have ever played was big mutha truckers, and doom3. Also, danger, what does god of war have to owe to ninja gaiden? GOW was more universal and diddnt have the worst camera system in the world.

Weapon upgrades that increase combo ability, button tap combos to escape certain situations. The whole combat structure. In my opinion Ninja Gaiden just does it better.
And if you start up about how Ninja Gaiden borrowed it off game x (which it no doubt does), I will personally slap you because you can pitch that circular argument at the vast majority of games these days. As I said before NG just does it better.
As for the camera angles, have you played any survival horror games lately?

Last edited by dAngEr_Is_gO! on Jul 13th, 2005 at 12:37 AM

Old Post Jul 13th, 2005 12:26 AM
dAngEr_Is_gO! is currently offline Click here to Send dAngEr_Is_gO! a Private Message Find more posts by dAngEr_Is_gO! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

lol

good old resident evil and those bad camera angles

ever watched xplay?

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Jul 13th, 2005 04:07 AM
dAngEr_Is_gO!
Celebrity Assassin

No I haven't. Am I missing out? blink
In Alone in the Dark 4 the amount of times I got wasted by an enemy hidden just off camera got ridiculous!

Old Post Jul 13th, 2005 04:20 AM
jinXed by JaNx

Originally posted by dAngEr_Is_gO!
Weapon upgrades that increase combo ability, button tap combos to escape certain situations. The whole combat structure. In my opinion Ninja Gaiden just does it better.
And if you start up about how Ninja Gaiden borrowed it off game x (which it no doubt does), I will personally slap you because you can pitch that circular argument at the vast majority of games these days. As I said before NG just does it better.
As for the camera angles, have you played any survival horror games lately?

I just dont see where it comes from. I can see the similarity between the two games, but all fighting games of the sort are ALWAYS similar. Ninja gaiden wasnt the first to do what it did. It elaborated a bit to make the gameplay seem more challenging. God of war never tried to be anyhting more than a pretty hack and slash game. Yeah, survival horror games have pitiful camera angles, but none are as unforgivable as the camera system for ninja gaiden. NG would have had a 10 in my book if it werent for the camera system, however, it gets only a 7. There is no reaosn the camera needs to move when my avatar is not changing direction.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2005 07:33 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dAngEr_Is_gO!
Celebrity Assassin

That's interesting. I never had any real complaints with the camera in NG. Actually now I think about it, at close quarters in confined spaces it sometimes went a bit askew but I think that's because Ryu moves so fast.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2005 12:30 AM
zammorak76
Restricted

Account Restricted

star wars III

Old Post Jul 14th, 2005 04:59 PM
zammorak76 is currently offline Click here to Send zammorak76 a Private Message Find more posts by zammorak76 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Ballz for sega and snes

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Jul 14th, 2005 08:18 PM
Darkstorm Zero
Master of all Decepticons

Knight Riders....

The single WORST game I have ever had the utter isfortune of playing..... sick

"I have become Death, the destroyer of worlds..."

Old Post Jul 15th, 2005 01:04 AM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote