KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Most uninspiring game......

Most uninspiring game......
Started by: CorderaMitchell

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

quote: (post)
Originally posted by dAngEr_Is_gO!
That's interesting. I never had any real complaints with the camera in NG. Actually now I think about it, at close quarters in confined spaces it sometimes went a bit askew but I think that's because Ryu moves so fast.

I would like to back up ragesRemorse here with my opinion on Ninja Gaiden: the camera did suck.

A game which forces you to manipulate the camera so that the damn thing is playable is not good game design.

God Of War wasn't as "hardcore" as Ninja Gaiden, but God OF War was ten times more enjoyable, and more memorable because of the functional camera. I never got attacked off screen by some hidden enemy in God Of War. In Ninja Gaiden, I was constantly fighting the camera in order to get a view where I wouldn't end up with an exploding shuriken wedged in my spine, thrown by a mystery assailant off screen.

Ninja Gaiden was also cheap. It masquerdaded as hardcore, when it was anything but. It favoured cheap spawn points (putting waves of enemies just before save points in a "screw you" way, annoying respawn areas etc). The bosses were a joke, and once figurred out, had all the awe and intimidation of a wet puppy. God Of War at least kept things fun and tight.

Everytime I was killed in Ninja Gaiden, it was always down to a camera issue, bad design, or just downright cheap AI, which suffers from severe trial and error gameplay, over and over, and leaves very little room for explanation due to the fact invention usually gets you killed, while sticking to tried and tested formulas usually previals. Boring. In God Of War, everytime I get killed, I know it's because of my own stupidity/ineptitude and therefore I know where to build on, and there is tons more room for invention and fun. There are trial and error moments, sure, but not at the frustrating extent of Ninja Gaiden.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2005 01:34 PM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Jul 15th, 2005 02:12 PM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly

lol, Big Rigs is comical

Old Post Jul 15th, 2005 03:10 PM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly

Gamespot Big Rig review

Check out the video review for added hilarity.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2005 03:58 PM
Bicnarok
From Ganymede

Autobahn Raser was utter tosh, it had and still has good press but it´s totally unplayable and has pish graphics. The new game Juiced for the PC was very dissapointed, i´m glad I hired it out first for a try, creating your car is cool, the songs are great but the gameplay suck, the graphics look all smudged and the it has to have the worst motor sounds Ive ever heard.

I also found Serious Sam pointless, all the enemys just run at you like sheep, pathetic AI

Old Post Jul 15th, 2005 04:06 PM
Bicnarok is currently offline Click here to Send Bicnarok a Private Message Find more posts by Bicnarok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Thats was the point of Serious Sam.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2005 05:02 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Originally posted by Red Superfly
Gamespot Big Rig review

Check out the video review for added hilarity.

I saw that the guy plays and dies. smokin'

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Jul 15th, 2005 06:16 PM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

marky mark, make my video

Old Post Jul 16th, 2005 04:27 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Any brittany spears game....

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Jul 16th, 2005 08:38 PM
jinXed by JaNx

^^ yeah, and the olsen twins video games

Old Post Jul 17th, 2005 12:51 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dAngEr_Is_gO!
Celebrity Assassin

Originally posted by Red Superfly
There are trial and error moments, sure, but not at the frustrating extent of Ninja Gaiden.

That part at the start of God of War where you had to push the box to get to the archers and they shot arrows (roughly) at you, I'm sorry but that is the height of tedium. To have something like that at the very start really crippled the fun for me and it had to work hard from there on to win me back. As I (rightly or wrongly) had Ninja Gaiden on the brain while I was playing it, I was frustrated that Kratos moved like a 747 in comparison to Ryu. In a game that throws so many enemies at you at one time, to have a main character that doesn't handle a change of direction crisp adds artificial difficulty and frustration.
Yeah, those off screen explosive shurikens got really old, but it did force me to adapt my tactics, keep on the move and become smarter about the whole thing.

At least this discussion has done something. I'm going to revisit GoW and see if I misjudged it big grin

Last edited by dAngEr_Is_gO! on Jul 18th, 2005 at 12:49 AM

Old Post Jul 18th, 2005 12:41 AM
dAngEr_Is_gO! is currently offline Click here to Send dAngEr_Is_gO! a Private Message Find more posts by dAngEr_Is_gO! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darth_royke

uninspiring games..... most sequels, unless they are story driven like metal gear solid. but these tend to playable just once. i was really dissappointed with halo 1+2, my mates were telling me it was the best game ever. however, after trying several hours to get into it, i deemed it no better than red faction 2, timesplitters 2, or some of the other first persons. driver 3 didnt dissappoint me, mainly because i think i was the only person who knew it was'nt going to be anywhere near as good as the gta series.

i think the final fantasy series since 7 has been a little tedious, i still play them and enjoy them, but the stories always seem to replicate a previous instalment(s). the 3d mario games also dashed my hopes. i still prefer super mario world and all stars on my snes. i finally remembered how to get to the back door of bowsers castle on super mario world not long ago, and still play it today. my mega drive hasnt been used for a while, but it will be dusted off and plugged in at some point.

i also agree about fighting games not having moved on, for me i'd prefer streets of rage 2 or streetfighter 2. still as playable as ever. tetris games have dissappointed me, they're trying to hard to change it. simplify it back to normal again, and dont charge much for it. sports sequels are also a pain in the arse. i've bought pro evo year after year and they havent changed that much.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2005 01:07 AM
darth_royke is currently offline Click here to Send darth_royke a Private Message Find more posts by darth_royke Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Halo is sooo overrated, I've always liked timesplitters series...

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Jul 19th, 2005 02:54 PM
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

I played the first timesplitters.. I enjoyed the bullet refraction off of cylindrical objects.. however it seemed like they cut copy n pasted goldeneye 64's engine into the ps2.. which made it good but yet not as enjoyable as it could have been

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Jul 19th, 2005 04:26 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
I played the first timesplitters.. I enjoyed the bullet refraction off of cylindrical objects.. however it seemed like they cut copy n pasted goldeneye 64's engine into the ps2.. which made it good but yet not as enjoyable as it could have been

Number 2 is WAY better, number three is perfect.

Number 3 has a full story, cars, and over 150 characters, they have challengers, blood, cars, and over 64 weapons.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Jul 19th, 2005 06:47 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yeah.
Timesplitters 2 was fun as hell.

But the reason I liked it was because it felt like Goldeneye.
Even the structure for missions is the exactly the same and the multiplayer is pretty similar to Perfect Dark.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2005 09:14 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darth_royke

i've just picked up timesplitters future perfect for £20.... and what a buy. me and my mate have been co-op'ing the missions and really enjoyed doing so. also picked up colin mcrae4, for a tenner. awesome!

Old Post Jul 19th, 2005 11:01 PM
darth_royke is currently offline Click here to Send darth_royke a Private Message Find more posts by darth_royke Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

This is:
Most uninspiring game.............
Not good games

Old Post Jul 19th, 2005 11:03 PM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Originally posted by Smasandian
Yeah.
Timesplitters 2 was fun as hell.

But the reason I liked it was because it felt like Goldeneye.
Even the structure for missions is the exactly the same and the multiplayer is pretty similar to Perfect Dark.

It did.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Jul 19th, 2005 11:16 PM
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Originally posted by darth_royke
i've just picked up timesplitters future perfect for £20.... and what a buy. me and my mate have been co-op'ing the missions and really enjoyed doing so. also picked up colin mcrae4, for a tenner. awesome!

I love them

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Jul 19th, 2005 11:16 PM