KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Exar Kun and Ulic Qel-Droma vs. Marka Ragnos and Naga Sadow

What will be the outcome of this legendary battle?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Exar and Ulic Win 3 20.00%
Ragnos and Sadow Win 10 66.67%
Naga Sadow causes a star to implode, killing everyone 2 13.33%
Total: 15 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Exar Kun and Ulic Qel-Droma vs. Marka Ragnos and Naga Sadow
Started by: Darth Windu

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Eminence
Boss

Exar Kun and Ulic Qel-Droma vs. Marka Ragnos and Naga Sadow

Arguably the two most powerful Master and Apprentice brotherhood the galaxy has ever known . . . Planets will shake . . . Stars will shatter (and be chucked around the galaxy) . . . and the galaxy will be torn asunder!

Okay, now that that's overwith, who will win?

Old Post Jul 12th, 2005 01:52 AM
Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

I personally think that this would be a very close fight. I believe Sadow may be more powerful than Ulic, but not because of his Star Crushing ability; that is a technique of Sith magic. Opinions?

Old Post Jul 12th, 2005 01:56 AM
Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Star Blows up.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2005 02:14 AM
Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Commander Duck
The Expendable Jedi

Ragnos and Sadow.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2005 05:17 AM
Click here to Send Commander Duck a Private Message Find more posts by Commander Duck Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

I guess you guys didnt know Sadow isnt Ragnos' apprentice?

Old Post Jul 12th, 2005 05:18 AM
Click here to Send Darth_Glentract a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Glentract Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

Isn't he?

Old Post Jul 12th, 2005 12:35 PM
darth zamorak
The Dark Knight

In kotor you can recover naga sadows poison blade and in jedi academy you fight against some girl with marka ragnos's scepter, i know they had weapons but i dont know how good they were with them
but i do know that they were incredibly poweful so ummmmmm.............

im guessing sadow blows up a star killing everyone stick out tongue

............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´(..´......,~/'...')
.........\.................\/..../
..........''...\.......... _.´

Old Post Jul 12th, 2005 01:00 PM
Click here to Send darth zamorak a Private Message Find more posts by darth zamorak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Rankkor
Shikido Master

before sadow makes a move ragnos already killed them all, including sadow MWAHAHAHAHAHA

Fear the dark corners

Old Post Jul 12th, 2005 01:55 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Rankkor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Rankkor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fishy

I rate Ragnos as the most powerful Sith Lord ever. More powerful then Kun. Sadow I think is near Kun if not more powerful and at least more powerful then Ulic, maybe just barely but still.

However, Exar and Ulic have lightsabers something the two Sith have never seen and would probably shock them. And they work much better as a team. With that said I still think Ragnos and Sadow win but it would be close.

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post Jul 12th, 2005 04:40 PM
Click here to Send Fishy a Private Message Find more posts by Fishy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

I think Exar and Ragnos are pretty even. But I'd have to say Sadow is a little bit stronger than Qel-Droma, and Ragnos may be as well. If Ragnos could defeat Kun, then he could dispatch Ulic without too much threat, while Sadow held off Kun. But I'd say Exar could take out Sadow with a bit more effort, leaving he and Ragnos to duel to the death.

However, while I think that Ragnos and Naga have slightly more power, the lightsaber technology of the newer Sith would lend to them a more efficient fighting style. The more ancient Siths' swords would prove more cumbersome.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2005 10:30 PM
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

Just for the record, Sadow was NOT Ragnos' apprentice. He was the second most powerful Sith at that time. He and Ludo Kressh rose above all other Sith Lords in the quest to become the next Dark Lord of the Sith. Sadow eventually killed Ludo, making him the next DLOS. He was NOT Ragnos' apprentice.

Ragnos and Sadow would win. Sadow is around as powerful as Exar. Ulic is a little less. Ragnos would kill Ulic and Sadow would hold off/kill Exar until Ragnos helped him. A relativly easy victory.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2005 11:06 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Glentract a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Glentract Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

I doubt it would be easy. While I too think that Ragnos is most powerful, I believe Exar is a close second, with Sadow in third and Ulic very close to him in fouth. He may even be more powerful.

Don't forget, Sadow's Star Crushing ability is just a technique. A difficult technique, but a technique and skill nonetheless. Think of it as the ability to paint somethin very well. Would that help you in a fight? I thought not.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2005 10:48 PM
Eminence
Boss

Plus, you underestimate Exar and Ulic.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2005 10:49 PM
Illustrious
Sans Pareil

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Windu
I doubt it would be easy. While I too think that Ragnos is most powerful, I believe Exar is a close second, with Sadow in third and Ulic very close to him in fouth. He may even be more powerful.

Don't forget, Sadow's Star Crushing ability is just a technique. A difficult technique, but a technique and skill nonetheless. Think of it as the ability to paint somethin very well. Would that help you in a fight? I thought not.

You could argue that being a very efficient painter will give you wrist strength and a certain level of coordination that could transfer towards a lightsaber duel. Not every ability is specific in and of itself. For example, if a person is athletic, he/she could enjoy marginal success at practically any sport, even without a really refined skillset.

Do we know that his star crushing technique, and all prerequisites thereof would have no indication as to his ability to duel with a lightsaber? Hardly. We can't just assume that Sadow could blow up stars and be a wimp with a saber. Exar could also make a star go supernova.

I would say Sadow and Exar, based on what we know for fact, had similar levels of force prowess. Ulic would most likely be the 4th individual behind the other three. Ragnos is the unknown quantity. If he was at the level of Sadow, Exar, or higher -- which I suspect is definitely possible; then the match would be a relatively easy victory for Ragnos/Sadow.

And why is this even a topic? Ragnos was not Sadow's master.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2005 11:06 PM
Click here to Send Illustrious a Private Message Find more posts by Illustrious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

Okay, get over that fact already. I didn't know about that so get over it. And they don't have to be master/apprentice. Are Luke and Mace? Revan and the Exile?

Anyways, I was not implying that Sadow was weak; I think he's right under Exar, and maybe a bit stronger than Ulic. I was merely saying that a lot of people think that the ability to destroy a star makes someone stronger than anyone else; that was pure assumption you made, and it was wrong.

And about the painter thing; it was just an analogy, I wasn't talking about it literally. That was the first example that came to mind; that the ability to out-paint someone (or in the case, destroy more) does not mean in itself that you can defeat them in a fight. Jeez.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2005 01:53 AM
Illustrious
Sans Pareil

quote:
Okay, get over that fact already. I didn't know about that so get over it. And they don't have to be master/apprentice. Are Luke and Mace? Revan and the Exile?

The reason it was even mentioned was because the topic creator made a mention about the "two most powerful master and apprentices". It's important to note that Sadow was never Ragnos' apprentice.

quote:
Anyways, I was not implying that Sadow was weak; I think he's right under Exar, and maybe a bit stronger than Ulic. I was merely saying that a lot of people think that the ability to destroy a star makes someone stronger than anyone else; that was pure assumption you made, and it was wrong.

I made no such assumption. I just said you have no idea whether or not his ability to crush a star has an impact on his dueling skill.

For example, someone may say, well your ability to push a crate with force push has no impact inside a duel, but within a duel, you could potentially use force push to defend yourself from an attack. You simply do not know.

This is not an assumption; never once did it mention that Sadow could only crush stars and do nothing else.

quote:
And about the painter thing; it was just an analogy, I wasn't talking about it literally. That was the first example that came to mind; that the ability to out-paint someone (or in the case, destroy more) does not mean in itself that you can defeat them in a fight. Jeez.

Guess what? I treated it as an analogy.

I'm just saying there is no knowledge that you or I have that would DISCOUNT Sadow's ability to crush stars in a lightsaber duel.

It could very well have an impact.

Ok, so you established that you THINK Sadow is right under Exar and better than Ulic, therefore they should win. Right...

Sometimes I feel like I'm debating with a block of wood here. Produce something, instead of assumptions, pointless analogies, and defensive posts.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2005 03:12 AM
Click here to Send Illustrious a Private Message Find more posts by Illustrious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

First off, you can stop with the insults. Did I say anything to you? No I did not. Keep things civil, please. I'd rather not get into an argument; I prefer a debate. I believe you to be competent, and I think you have right ideas, so I won't go any further into this. However, I thinkyou misread every single line you quoted.

I'm sorry I didn't know about that fact of Sadow and Ragnos. But still, it doesn't affect the thread, does it? Let's just drop that point.

I NEVER said that just because Sadow could destroy stars, he was weak. Where did you get that from? I merely stated that just because Sadow has the technique and ability to destroy a star doesn't mean that he is an all powerful Sith and duelist in itself. Nor did I say that this meant he was weak. He was probably a skilled duelist and powerful warrior. I don't know where you get some of this from....

Lastly, this entire forum is based on opinions being supported by facts. It is of my opinion that what I said is true. And I have listed facts why in this and other posts. I think I did in this post. Maybe not. sad

Anyway, I rspect your opinion and sharp eye, and don't think your insults should make us enemies.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2005 12:38 PM
chewbacca II

that was bloddy amazing, you two actually had an arguement about somthing (not the best thing to have an arguement about) and did it completly civily, i don't think 'v ever done that, well done 1

by the way i think marka and naga would take this one, good match up though

Old Post Jul 14th, 2005 03:19 PM
Click here to Send chewbacca II a Private Message Find more posts by chewbacca II Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Illustrious
Sans Pareil

quote:
First off, you can stop with the insults. Did I say anything to you? No I did not. Keep things civil, please. I'd rather not get into an argument; I prefer a debate. I believe you to be competent, and I think you have right ideas, so I won't go any further into this. However, I thinkyou misread every single line you quoted.

Yes, I am debating. You have been leveling assumptions, and then when it comes to it, you say I have beem making "wrong" "assumptions":

quote:

quote:
I NEVER said that just because Sadow could destroy stars, he was weak. Where did you get that from? I merely stated that just because Sadow has the technique and ability to destroy a star doesn't mean that he is an all powerful Sith and duelist in itself. Nor did I say that this meant he was weak. He was probably a skilled duelist and powerful warrior. I don't know where you get some of this from....

No, but you are using the fact against him. "Just because he can destroy stars doesn't mean he's an all powerful duelist". It doesn't mean he's a weakling either, but you are ranking him intrinsically lower than Exar simply because you don't know.

I'm tired of people doing this. I don't get where the logic comes from that if you KNOW what an individual has done specifically; then he's somehow more powerful.

quote:
Lastly, this entire forum is based on opinions being supported by facts. It is of my opinion that what I said is true. And I have listed facts why in this and other posts. I think I did in this post. Maybe not.

What facts? That he isn't all-powerful because he can destroy stars?

That Sadow ranks between Exar and Ulic?

None of those are facts, they are all opinion based and either obvious or unjustifiable.

My qualm with this whole point is that the topic creator doesn't know what the hell he's talking about. He says this is a match up between "masters and apprentices" when they aren't. We also know practically nothing about Ragnos, and very little about Sadow's dueling abilities.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2005 06:06 PM
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

I wonder why so much is being placed on Sadow's shoulders? Ragnos is much more powerful. Sadow was afraid to challenge Ragnos, even when Ragnos was on his deathbed. Because of his fear, he had to fight Ludo Kressh.

Illustrious, I dont know about you, but I know plenty about Ragnos and he wins.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2005 06:32 PM