KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Exar Kun and Ulic Qel-Droma vs. Marka Ragnos and Naga Sadow

What will be the outcome of this legendary battle?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Exar and Ulic Win 3 20.00%
Ragnos and Sadow Win 10 66.67%
Naga Sadow causes a star to implode, killing everyone 2 13.33%
Total: 15 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Exar Kun and Ulic Qel-Droma vs. Marka Ragnos and Naga Sadow
Started by: Darth Windu

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

I dont know. Exar was also able to destroy a star usuing his ship to ficus it. This is jusst what I've heard though, I havent read those comics.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2005 06:48 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Glentract a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Glentract Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Illustrious
Sans Pareil

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth_Janus
Where did you learn to debate at, because you're terrible at it. You've successfully irked Darth Windu, who is one of the nicest guys here. You've insulted his opinions, insulted his thread, filled it with your "holier-than-thou" nonsense. If you expect to participate in any kind of civil debate around this forum, you had best square your ass away and learn to treat people with as much respect as they give you. Especially Windu, who is perhaps the most reasonable and civil person we have around at the moment.

Is it my fault I don't consider "I don't know what Ragnos has done, therefore X is stronger" or "I am unsure if Sadow's star crushing technique translates into good dueling, therefore it doesn't" good debates?

No. Because it is logical fallacy. I don't care if Jesus himself tries to make that argument. It is a false statement, it does not necessarily correlate into fact.

If that's a "holier than thou nonsense" for holding an opinion that debating is free of logical fallacy, then so be it, I have a "holier than thou" attitude. You my friend, go off reputation, and obviously have no respect for the actual intracacies of debate.

Yes, he can have his opinion, but if he can't logically express it, I will point it out. That sounds very civil to me.

Well, since you seem to appreciate that kind of Jargon.

"Because Exar never ate nacho chips, ergo I say Sadow and Ragnos will win."

Stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2005 08:59 PM
Click here to Send Illustrious a Private Message Find more posts by Illustrious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Not many people willingly put themselves in my sights. You must be a slow one.

First off, you sling logical fallacy around like you're some master logician. Watch yourself there. Here's another fallacy term for your collection: Ad Hominem. Personal attack. A taboo in true logical debate. Hypocricy tends to color your argument bad, so I suggest you reconsider your offensive behavior and try and impress us with your personality and your levelheadedness, not your bared teeth and fancy lingo.

Now, I don't go off of reputation. I make a judgment, and I let it stand some scrutiny. If it stands, I keep it. If I rethink the situation or learn something which might change my viewpoint, I do. If I lived for reputation, Vader and Luke would be gods and Ragnos would be nothing. So try and get to knw me better before you go stabbing blindly.

Secondly, your approach is anything but civil. It may seem more mature in that you use "master logician" lingo, but you still need work. So I suggest you put that up your ass and piss off. Oops. Ad hominem.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2005 09:07 PM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Illustrious
Sans Pareil

Not many people willingly put themselves in my sights. You must be a slow one.

First off, you sling logical fallacy around like you're some master logician. Watch yourself there. Here's another fallacy term for your collection: Ad Hominem. Personal attack. A taboo in true logical debate. Hypocricy tends to color your argument bad, so I suggest you reconsider your offensive behavior and try and impress us with your personality and your levelheadedness, not your bared teeth and fancy lingo.

No, you must be the slow one to realize I don't care what your reputation is. If you make an inaccurate statement, I WILL point you out for it.

Now, since when is pointing out logical fallacy ad hominem? If that was the case, every police officer on this world would be committing cardinal felonies. You made far more of an effort of ad hominem than I did, because you mentioned me being a "slow one". Speaking of hypocrisy, eh?

I make no effort to impress. Perhaps you need to reconsider. I make the effort to have a logical and reasonable debate. Is thiat too much to ask?

Now, I don't go off of reputation. I make a judgment, and I let it stand some scrutiny. If it stands, I keep it. If I rethink the situation or learn something which might change my viewpoint, I do. If I lived for reputation, Vader and Luke would be gods and Ragnos would be nothing. So try and get to knw me better before you go stabbing blindly.

Secondly, your approach is anything but civil. It may seem more mature in that you use "master logician" lingo, but you still need work. So I suggest you put that up your ass and piss off. Oops. Ad hominem.

Yes, because someone who clearly sides with the individual that can't properly hold a logical argument is the "civil one". </sarcasm>

You have everyone of your terminus confused. This isn't some quid pro quo, I'm not trying to exchange my "master logician lingo" for your respect, or to prove my point. If your agument is "I don't know if Sadow's star crushing ability impacts his dueling, ergo it doesn't" I will point it out as the logical fallacy it is.

I also find it very funny you skip over the actual logical part of my argument, and then attack the thing I am hardly even pressing. In case you didn't realise, that is called the "Straw Man" missing the point logical fallacy.

Now, you can either continue to insist on getting educated in "master logician lingo", or you can actually DEBATE the issue presented before you. Your choice, and I really don't care. You're very entertaining. Now sit.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2005 09:15 PM
Click here to Send Illustrious a Private Message Find more posts by Illustrious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Or you can kiss my ass. My decision to debate I reserve for people who aren't sarcastic pricks. And since that includes you, I guess we won't be having a civil debate. Piss off.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2005 09:22 PM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Illustrious
Sans Pareil

Or you can kiss my ass. My decision to debate I reserve for people who aren't sarcastic pricks. And since that includes you, I guess we won't be having a civil debate. Piss off.

Now look at the individual that won't have a "civil and reasonble" debate.

It helps when you don't use everything you say I do wrong, and then try to point me out as a hypocrite. Next!

Old Post Jul 15th, 2005 09:24 PM
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

You've been here for three days. Janus is like the only vet left. I've got a thousand words for you.

Last edited by WanderingDroid on Jul 15th, 2005 at 11:38 PM

Old Post Jul 15th, 2005 09:24 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Glentract a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Glentract Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

LMFAO!!!

Go Glentract! Take your über logician powers and stuff it along with that thumbdick you call a manhood.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2005 09:27 PM
Illustrious
Sans Pareil

[QUOTE=4442081]Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
[B]You've been here for three days. Janus is like the only vet left. I've got a thousand words for you.

LMAO.

Yeah, because an individual has been here a certain number of days, he is clearly the better logician and debater. You're a joke.

Last edited by WanderingDroid on Jul 15th, 2005 at 11:38 PM

Old Post Jul 15th, 2005 09:29 PM
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

Ohh, honey, dont be mad I posted an image of you on the web. you still love me?

Old Post Jul 15th, 2005 09:30 PM
Illustrious
Sans Pareil

Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
Ohh, honey, dont be mad I posted an image of you on the web. you still love me?

An image that you happen to store in you My Documents folder? Bud, don't let your obsessions get to your head wink.

You should know I never get mad. But for you two, I have an old CS term for you: g0t r4g3?!

Old Post Jul 15th, 2005 09:31 PM
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

i know you dont. thats why were still in love

Old Post Jul 15th, 2005 09:33 PM
Illustrious
Sans Pareil

i know you dont. thats why were still in love

Heh, when did you break up with Janus?

Old Post Jul 15th, 2005 09:39 PM
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

dont be silly. I've always been with you.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2005 09:40 PM
Illustrious
Sans Pareil

dont be silly. I've always been with you.

Even though I've only been here for three days, huh?

Old Post Jul 15th, 2005 09:43 PM
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

not just on the web

Old Post Jul 15th, 2005 09:44 PM
Illustrious
Sans Pareil

Back to the topic now?

Old Post Jul 15th, 2005 09:47 PM
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

alright honey, we'll talk later.

Anyway, Ragnos was this awsome super-bad dude. Shall I go through the whole routine about how powerful he was? OK.

He had extraordinary physical strength. This is a direct quote, more believable than the one about Tulak in my opinion.

He was a half breed. The fact that a half breed ever became a DLOS is amazing in itself. What makes this evem more amazing is that he ruled for over a hundred years. Thats special even for a purebread sith.

He was feared by Naga Sadow, even on his death bed. The fact that a guy who could destroy stars was afraid of him ever is crazy. That even when he was lying, dying, he was still feared by every Sith in the ENTIRE empire. HOLY CRAP!

Is the only Sith Lord I know of that definatly died of old age. Rare.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2005 10:02 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Glentract, you're getting a warning for posting an inappropriate picture.

Everyone else, stop the stupid bickering!

Last edited by REXXXX on Jul 15th, 2005 at 10:06 PM

Old Post Jul 15th, 2005 10:03 PM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

does any money come with it?

anyone have anything wrong with my reasons for Ragnos' power?

Old Post Jul 15th, 2005 10:06 PM