KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » ROTS Obi-wan vs. Lord Hoth

ROTS Obi-wan vs. Lord Hoth
Started by: Darth_Glentract

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

ROTS Obi-wan vs. Lord Hoth

Who would win, Lord Hoth or Obi-wan?

Most of you probably don't know who Lord Hoth is, so I will fix that.

Lord Hoth was a famous Jedi Master who led the Army of Light against Lord Kaan's Brotherhood of Darkness during the New Sith Wars, until a final confrontation with the forces of darkness at the Battle of Ruusan.

It is likely that his name is connected with that of the planet Hoth, but it is not known if the planet is named for him or the other way around. The Jedi Master did fight a furious battle with Kaan on the planet, but the details of this encounter are unknown.

Regardless, Hoth was one of the foremost Jedi of his era. He clashed continually with his contemporary Lord Farfalla, whose foppish nature was a directly opposed to Hoth’s pragmatism.

Unlike the charismatic Farfalla, Hoth had little time for diplomacy, nor the delicate etiquette his rank sometimes required. Where he did excel was warfare—he was a superb tactician and, even in his advanced age, a warrior without peer.

Naturally, with war against the Sith, it was Hoth who was chosen to led the forces of the Jedi and the Republic. In his youth, Hoth believed he had the power to end the Sith threat singlehandedly, but the war ground on for decades with no end in sight.

The conflict hardened Hoth against the galaxy, and, by the time of the final battle of Ruusan, the once idealistic youth had become a bitter, cynical and haggard veteran. His closest friend and main advisor was fellow veteran Pernicar, while the Jedi that served under him included notables such as General Kiel Charny

Lord Hoth perished when Lord Kaan detonated the thought bomb.

After his death, Hoth's former Padawan, Johun Othone, petitioned the Republic to construct a memorial to the Army of Light on the planet of Ruusan.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2005 11:47 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Glentract a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Glentract Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Hm. If he was chosen to lead a Jedi assault against an army of dark force users, he was probably as capable as Obi-Wan if not ultimately better. I dunno. I think Hoth might beat Obi-Wan out.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2005 11:51 PM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Achilles X
Restricted

Account Restricted

i know who hoth was....

and id say he takes it, while both were jeedai masters, hoth was the actual leader of the jeedai or army of light, while kenobi was more of a council member. i regard hoth as just a step below yoda and mace, but far above any other jeedai in the movies. perhaaps im overestimating him, but he seemed to me, and it looks like whoever wrote your article agrees, that he was the greatest jeedai to live until yoda came around, excluding revan or ulic or any other jeedai before him.

the point is, i think hoth is way out of obi wans league

"Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do."- Bruce Lee

Old Post Jul 14th, 2005 11:52 PM
Click here to Send Achilles X a Private Message Find more posts by Achilles X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote