KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » tulak Hord vs. mace Windu

tulak Hord vs. mace Windu
Started by: darth vraya

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

"In the fictional Star Wars universe, Tulak Hord was one of the Dark Lords of the Sith buried in the Valley of the Dark Lords on the planet Korriban. First featured in the video game Knights of the Old Republic, Tulak Hord was claimed by Kreia in the sequel game to be the greatest lightsaber duelist the Sith have ever known (at that time) and thus possibly the Sith's greatest lightsaber duelist ever. It is unknown what stance of lightsaber dueling Hord practiced, but the only other speculated successor in dueling skill would be Darth Tyranus or Luke Skywalker.

It has been rumoured the the Lightsaber form Hord used was a Pre-version of Form VII used by Mace Windu, a credit to his prowess as a saber duelist. Kreia also had mention that he had made a holocron of his fighting technique, something that Windu and other might have discovered."

Old Post Jul 15th, 2005 07:19 PM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

That's not what I saw. Did you add that last paragraph?

Old Post Jul 15th, 2005 07:22 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Glentract a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Glentract Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grate the Vraya
Disciple of Inglip

thank yor that's what I heard

I got everything!

Old Post Jul 15th, 2005 07:22 PM
Click here to Send Grate the Vraya a Private Message Find more posts by Grate the Vraya Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grate the Vraya
Disciple of Inglip

oops wrong spelling thank you

I got everything!

Old Post Jul 15th, 2005 07:23 PM
Click here to Send Grate the Vraya a Private Message Find more posts by Grate the Vraya Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darth zamorak
The Dark Knight

well i cant make my choice because we dont know much bout tulak but if he was said to be the greatest lightsaber duelist ever and its rumored that he fights with a pre-version of form 7 then............ im guessin he would win

............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´(..´......,~/'...')
.........\.................\/..../
..........''...\.......... _.´

Old Post Jul 15th, 2005 07:27 PM
Click here to Send darth zamorak a Private Message Find more posts by darth zamorak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Kronos
Restricted

Account Restricted

windu

Old Post Jul 15th, 2005 07:31 PM
Click here to Send Darth Kronos a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Kronos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

this is strange. I swear that that last paragraph wasnt there when I last went on wikipedia only a few minutes ago.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2005 07:31 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Glentract a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Glentract Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darth zamorak
The Dark Knight

i saw that last paragraph somewhere dont remember if it was wikipedia but i saw it.............

............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´(..´......,~/'...')
.........\.................\/..../
..........''...\.......... _.´

Old Post Jul 15th, 2005 07:33 PM
Click here to Send darth zamorak a Private Message Find more posts by darth zamorak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

(Now, with JanusEdit)

In the fictional Star Wars universe, Tulak Hord was one of the Dark Lords of the Sith buried in the Valley of the Dark Lords on the planet Korriban. (Fact)

First featured in the video game Knights of the Old Republic, Tulak Hord was claimed by Kreia in the sequel game to be the greatest lightsaber duelist the Sith have ever known (at that time) and thus possibly the Sith's greatest lightsaber duelist ever. (1st part-Fact; 2nd part- reasonable assessment)

It is unknown what stance of lightsaber dueling Hord practiced, but the only other speculated successor in dueling skill would be Darth Tyranus or Luke Skywalker.(Wild assumptions)

It has been rumoured the the Lightsaber form Hord used was a Pre-version of Form VII used by Mace Windu, a credit to his prowess as a saber duelist. (Where do these rumors arise from? Sounds suspicious)

Kreia also had mention that he had made a holocron of his fighting technique, something that Windu and other might have discovered." (So Windu found Tulak Hord's holocron? Did Revan just come back to known space and drop it?)

Old Post Jul 15th, 2005 07:39 PM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Nope. DIdn't add it.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2005 07:39 PM
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Anyone else notice that that particular Wikipedia section was 1.5 parts fact and 3.5 parts speculation? For a grand total of 30% fact?

Last edited by Janus Marius on Jul 15th, 2005 at 08:44 PM

Old Post Jul 15th, 2005 08:40 PM
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

ya. I still think its better than nothing.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2005 08:43 PM
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

well, if I can get my story published and reconised by GL, you'll have a good deal better on Tulak Hord.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2005 09:40 PM
Illustrious
Sans Pareil

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth_Janus
(Now, with JanusEdit)

In the fictional Star Wars universe, Tulak Hord was one of the Dark Lords of the Sith buried in the Valley of the Dark Lords on the planet Korriban. (Fact)

First featured in the video game Knights of the Old Republic, Tulak Hord was claimed by Kreia in the sequel game to be the greatest lightsaber duelist the Sith have ever known (at that time) and thus possibly the Sith's greatest lightsaber duelist ever. (1st part-Fact; 2nd part- reasonable assessment)

It is unknown what stance of lightsaber dueling Hord practiced, but the only other speculated successor in dueling skill would be Darth Tyranus or Luke Skywalker.(Wild assumptions)

It has been rumoured the the Lightsaber form Hord used was a Pre-version of Form VII used by Mace Windu, a credit to his prowess as a saber duelist. (Where do these rumors arise from? Sounds suspicious)

Kreia also had mention that he had made a holocron of his fighting technique, something that Windu and other might have discovered." (So Windu found Tulak Hord's holocron? Did Revan just come back to known space and drop it?)

This is a very solid assessment.

It is of my opinion that Tulak Hord is the superior duelist, if not because he was considered the best during a time when duelists were so common, you could probably bump into three of them on the way to the thrift store.

I am of the philosophical opinion that competition spurns development, and lack of it causes regression. Since Tulak existed in a time where lightsabers were more common than during the era of Mace Windu, I would have to give the match to the individual that could be mentioned as one of the greatest duelists ever.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2005 09:42 PM
Click here to Send Illustrious a Private Message Find more posts by Illustrious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

right, when most of the sith used swords, there was more lightsabers

Old Post Jul 15th, 2005 09:44 PM
Illustrious
Sans Pareil

Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
right, when most of the sith used swords, there was more lightsabers

Eh, swords charged with lightning, close enough.

Personally, it would seem to be a lot easier to wield an actual sword instead of the just the hilt, at least the counterbalance would be there.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2005 09:44 PM
Click here to Send Illustrious a Private Message Find more posts by Illustrious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

ya, best lightsaber duelist, not best swords charged with lightning duelist

Old Post Jul 15th, 2005 09:45 PM
Illustrious
Sans Pareil

Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
ya, best lightsaber duelist, not best swords charged with lightning duelist

Your objective is still to land a blow on your enemy, and use your weapon so to prevent them from landing a blow on you. The overall forms and methods wouldn't have changed all that much.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2005 09:47 PM
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

then why didnt Kreia say "best sword fighter"

Old Post Jul 15th, 2005 09:53 PM
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Good question. She also says that Tulak Hord lived in a time of "Many great lightsaber duellists". Clearly he is after Sadow and the others... .right? Or is that possible?

Old Post Jul 15th, 2005 09:58 PM