KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Role Playing Forum » Dungeons and Dragons: Character Creation Thread

Dungeons and Dragons: Character Creation Thread
Started by: Fire

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The Collector
Whatever

Oh, sorry. I'm in another RP and thought I could use that one, allright then, let me make one.

I find it hard to tell you
I find it hard to take

Come Join Me At Vicious Intent p.m me if you join

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 10:14 PM
The Collector is currently offline Click here to Send The Collector a Private Message Find more posts by The Collector Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

Punker how old are you and do you have experience with RPGs and DND in particular?

Very well Darth, tho chance of you joining are slim

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2005 08:55 AM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xxxpoppunker182

i don't have much DnD experience but i've played many rpgs and am 16.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2005 06:29 PM
xxxpoppunker182 is currently offline Click here to Send xxxpoppunker182 a Private Message Find more posts by xxxpoppunker182 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Melkor

I might join. Is there still place?

Is Lawful Neutral Cleric of Hextor possible? He would treat his Patron as good of Rulership more than Tyranny.

Yet the lies that Melkor, the mighty and accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days.

"… his name is Melkor, Lord of All, Giver of Freedeom, and he shall make you stronger than they."
Sauron to Ar-Pharazôn

Last edited by Lord Melkor on Aug 18th, 2005 at 11:46 PM

Old Post Aug 18th, 2005 11:41 PM
Lord Melkor is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Melkor a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Melkor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

There is still room, in theory it is possible, but I would advise against it, the main part of where the game is set now are kingdoms who are very close to Heironeous.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2005 06:10 AM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Melkor

Okay. How many magic users are there in the group?

I am also thinking about a wizard. Illusionst, Enchanter, Diviner or Necromancer. And is Wee Jas availible as a patron deity?

Or Cleric of Boccob who will multiclass as Wizard(later Mystic Theurge).

Yet the lies that Melkor, the mighty and accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days.

"… his name is Melkor, Lord of All, Giver of Freedeom, and he shall make you stronger than they."
Sauron to Ar-Pharazôn

Last edited by Lord Melkor on Aug 19th, 2005 at 08:19 AM

Old Post Aug 19th, 2005 08:16 AM
Lord Melkor is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Melkor a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Melkor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

hmm I have to check but I think Trickster is the only one, sidewinder was gonna play one but haven't heard of him in ages.

Wee Jas is the patron deity of the Empire of Dul'Hanel (a human empire) the other humans and races don't believe in Wee Jas to exist.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2005 10:42 AM
KingDubya
Mainstream Indie Rocker

Can we have self-made classes and/or races? I have some pretty awesome ones in storage just waiting to be used.

Before you say "no because we don't know the specifics about them", I'll post the races/classes specs before the character.

Sneak peek at the races: Nords, Others that are currently in progress

Sneak peek at classes: Sniper, Battlemage, others still in progress

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2005 10:57 PM
KingDubya is currently offline Click here to Send KingDubya a Private Message Find more posts by KingDubya Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

Well PM what you want to play and then I'll see what I will and what I won't allow.

Tho I am very inclined to say No to self made classes, for two reasons:

A) almost every class already exists (or is just a variaty to another basic class)

B) Classes are delicately put together to TRY and keep it balanced. New selfmade classes could easily throw off this balance.

Last edited by Fire on Aug 25th, 2005 at 12:37 PM

Old Post Aug 25th, 2005 12:33 PM
KingDubya
Mainstream Indie Rocker

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Fire
Well PM what you want to play and then I'll see what I will and what I won't allow.

Tho I am very inclined to say No to self made classes, for two reasons:

A) almost every class already exists (or is just a variaty to another basic class)

B) Classes are delicately put together to TRY and keep it balanced. New selfmade classes could easily throw off this balance.

I've read the v3.0 DM guide. I know to keep it balanced. If I can manage to find the papers with the info on them, I'll PM the specs to you.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2005 06:46 PM
KingDubya is currently offline Click here to Send KingDubya a Private Message Find more posts by KingDubya Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

very well but the 3.0 classes don't add up to 3.5 classes in balancing. but you know a bit of the game so that's good

I'm waiting stick out tongue

Old Post Aug 25th, 2005 06:52 PM
KingDubya
Mainstream Indie Rocker

These are the specs for my sniper class (Fire helped me balance it out and he said I could use it).

As rogue except:
-6 skill points instead of 8
-Class skills: Balance (Dex), Bluff (Cha), Climb (Str), Craft (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Disguise (Cha), Escape Artist (Dex), Forgery (Int), Gather Information (Cha), Hide (Dex), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Knowledge (local) (Int), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Perform (Cha), Profession (Wis), Search (Int), Sense Motive (Wis), Spot (Wis), Survival (Wis), Swim (Str), Tumble (Dex), and Use Rope (Dex).
-Proficiency gained with a special weapon called: Sniper’s Crossbow
(When using a Sniper’s Crossbow, a sniper may make sneak attacks from up to 120 feet away from his target. Damage:1d8 Crit:19-20/*2 Range Inc:80ft)
-At 3rd level, get Point Blank Shot; at 6th, Far Shot; at 10th, Precise Shot
-Sneak attack available only with ranged attacks (up to 30 ft, except with the Sniper’s Crossbow)
-Special Abilities only at levels 14, 17, and 20
-Evasion and Uncanny Dodge (like normal 3.5 Rogues)
-Sniper Specialization = as Weapon Specialization except, only with ranged weapons, and only at multiple range increments.
-Greater Sniper Specialization = as Greater Weapon Specialization except, only with ranged weapons, and only at multiple range increments.
-A sniper automatically starts play with a Sniper’s Crossbow and 80gp

Last edited by KingDubya on Aug 31st, 2005 at 11:40 PM

Old Post Aug 31st, 2005 11:37 PM
KingDubya
Mainstream Indie Rocker

Now here's my guy...

Name: Robin Atrey
Race: Human (Empire of Toronaga)
Class: Sniper
Alignment: Chaotic Neautral
Deity: None (If I have to have one, I'll choose Fharlanghn)

Str: 11 (+0)
Dex: 16 (+3)
Con: 12 (+1)
Int: 14 (+2)
Wis: 9 (-1)
Cha: 11 (+0)

Fort: +1 (+1 Con)
Ref: +5 (+3 Dex, +2 base)
Will: -1 (-1 Wis)

Skills (* means cross-class)
*Appraise +2 (+2 Int)
Balance +6 (+3 Dex, +3 ranks)
Bluff +3 (+0 Cha, +3 ranks)
Climb +2 (+0 Str, +2 ranks)
*Concentration +1 (+1 Con)
Craft() (+2 Int)
Diplomacy +2 (+0 Cha, +2 ranks)
Disguise +4 (+0 Cha, +4 ranks)
Escape Artist +5 (+3 Dex, +2 ranks)
Forgery +4 (+2 Int, +2 ranks)
Gather Information +2 (+0 Cha, +2 ranks)
*Heal -1 (-1 Wis)
Hide +7 (+3 Dex, +4 ranks)
Intimidate +0 (+0 Cha)
Jump +2 (+0 Str, +2 ranks)
Listen +3 (-1 Wis, +4 ranks)
Move Silently +7 (+3 Dex, +4 ranks)
Perform() +0 (+0 Cha)
*Ride +3 (+3 Dex)
Search +2 (+2 Int)
Sense Motive +1 (-1 Wis, +2 ranks)
Spot +3 (-1 Wis, +4 ranks)
Survival +3 (-1 Wis, +4 ranks)
Use Rope +3 (+3 Dex)

Feats
Rapid Reload
Improved Initiative

Weapons
Sniper's Crossbow
Rapier

Clothing
Crudely made camoflague cloak (+2 to Hide when used in trees/foliage), white button-up shirt with long sleeves, brown slacks covered in dirt stains and the like, dark-brown belt, various sacks hanging from belt loops carrying who-knows-what.

Other Items
2 smokesticks
5 tanglefoot bags
50 ft. of hempen rope
5 torches
5 tindertwigs
Crowbar
Grappling Hook
Crossbow bolt case
5 silver bolts

*hopes all the items together don't cost too much*

Last edited by KingDubya on Aug 31st, 2005 at 11:41 PM

Old Post Aug 31st, 2005 11:38 PM
Fire

okay I adapted your items a tad cause you can't have them all.

I got you:
2 smokesticks
50 ft. of hempen rope
5 torches
5 tindertwigs
Crowbar
Grappling Hook
30 Crossbow bolts
10 silver bolts
Crossbow bolt case

Old Post Sep 1st, 2005 05:42 AM
eleveninches
God of my own world

Is it too late to join??

If not, can I be a dwarf monk?

Old Post Sep 8th, 2005 08:08 PM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

yea all seems pretty ok

Old Post Sep 8th, 2005 10:16 PM
eleveninches
God of my own world

i dont have a LOT of dnd experience, but I've played almost all of the PC and x-box games, and I bought a couple of dnd books a few of years ago (epic handhook, equipment/arms handbook, players handbook) , but sold them eventually

Old Post Sep 9th, 2005 08:54 AM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

well you will have to wait a while before you can use the epic books stick out tongue

PC games are good because they explain a few of the base rules, but I like to think my games are a whole lot different from BDG and stuff/sh*t like that.

Old Post Sep 9th, 2005 10:19 AM
eleveninches
God of my own world

I've played through:

Baldurs Gate
Tales of the Sword Coast
Shadows of Amn
Throne of Baal
Icewind Dale
Heart of Winter
Temple of Elemental Evil
Pool of Radience
Dark Alliance.

I read through the epic book and the equipment/item book, as well as the Players handbook and the Deities/Demigods books. I also had a look through the sword&fist monk/fighter player book. But ive sold all of those books now, so i dont have access to them any more

Last edited by eleveninches on Sep 9th, 2005 at 10:45 AM

Old Post Sep 9th, 2005 10:36 AM
Fire

np I have every book online, and prestige classes are still a long long time from here.

Old Post Sep 9th, 2005 09:46 PM