KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Harry Potter » Appreciation and Anti Threads » Losing Her touch?

Losing Her touch?
Started by: Tptmanno1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
JesuseyGoodness
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's a good book. I really can't see why people complain about it. I do agree that the charactors were a little off, but Dracos evilness was Awesome (I always wanted him to piss off voldy moldy) and the Death Eaters attacked Hogwarts for a reason. I suggest you stop skimming the book and aucutally read the friggin' thing.

The Trio of Fire lives!!!!! However the flame may filcker, it's light will guide the world!

Old Post Jul 24th, 2005 07:07 PM
JesuseyGoodness is currently offline Click here to Send JesuseyGoodness a Private Message Find more posts by JesuseyGoodness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Midnight109

It lacks something , though i'm not sure what .

Previously Hermione202 and Midnight_Miss

Old Post Jul 24th, 2005 08:36 PM
Midnight109 is currently offline Click here to Send Midnight109 a Private Message Find more posts by Midnight109 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVapor
Hero

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Hermione202
It lacks something , though i'm not sure what .

Agreed. I really liked book but like you said it lacked something

Old Post Jul 24th, 2005 09:10 PM
TheVapor is currently offline Click here to Send TheVapor a Private Message Find more posts by TheVapor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JesuseyGoodness
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by TheVapor
Agreed. I really liked book but like you said it lacked something

whta It lacked was somewhat pointless detail.
Remember they gave several aragraphs describing what happened in classes, weather eventful or not. That's what seemed off about it.

The Trio of Fire lives!!!!! However the flame may filcker, it's light will guide the world!

Old Post Jul 25th, 2005 01:51 PM
JesuseyGoodness is currently offline Click here to Send JesuseyGoodness a Private Message Find more posts by JesuseyGoodness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elessea

-nods- I do agreee. This felt a lot more like a lengthly more-well-written fanfic rather than the actual Harry Potter book. It just...didn't have the same feel overall...and it was disappointing

Old Post Jul 26th, 2005 07:57 PM
Elessea is currently offline Click here to Send Elessea a Private Message Find more posts by Elessea Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xEsaulx
Bringer of Life

Well I think the book wasn't as good as OOTP nor as long, but I think Rowling was just trying to experiment with the sixth book. Not all people are going to like the changes, but she was just trying something new, all authors do that. They try something from a different angle.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2005 11:04 PM
xEsaulx is currently offline Click here to Send xEsaulx a Private Message Find more posts by xEsaulx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LiveAndLetDie

I`m still unsure with my feelings. I don`t think it`s her greatest, and at times it did seem to be like a well-written fanfiction. But at the same time, Draco became more of a vital character, Ron became a little bit mature, and it was overall a good book. Not boring or predicable at all, imo. Oh well, just my two cents.

I opened the door when it was cold outside
Hopin you`d find your own way in

Old Post Jul 29th, 2005 11:21 PM
LiveAndLetDie is currently offline Click here to Send LiveAndLetDie a Private Message Find more posts by LiveAndLetDie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Anoushka
The Vampire Anoushka

thank GOODNESS i'm not the only person who feels that way

and i agree with almost every comment about the borng-ness of the book.
still,i'm gonna read the last one,after being stuck with the series for so long it'd be a waste,wldn't it?
think JK has lost it.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2005 05:33 AM
Anoushka is currently offline Click here to Send Anoushka a Private Message Find more posts by Anoushka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JesuseyGoodness
Restricted

Account Restricted

I have so little faith in humans now. It was a good book, but since it wasn't 1000 pages and your ship didn't ahppen or something, you think she lost her touch...sigh...

Last edited by JesuseyGoodness on Aug 1st, 2005 at 05:59 AM

Old Post Aug 1st, 2005 05:57 AM
Anoushka
The Vampire Anoushka

um no..for your info my sip did happen...i thought the length was way better than the previous book (thank goodness)

but the book was b o r i n g compared to the rest.i'd start picking but i'm in school and have classes in less than 30min and so don't have the time to do so.

literature classes do help in the assesment of such books after all Happy Dance

Originally posted by Saberstylemasta
whta It lacked was somewhat pointless detail.
Remember they gave several aragraphs describing what happened in classes, weather eventful or not. That's what seemed off about it.

whether,honey,not weather smile i used to make that mistake so often too laughing out loud

anyway.i'll be back with my points on why i find this book disappointing esp compared to the rest once i finish classes and get my thoughts in order.
the 3rd book's still the best,IMHO happy

Last edited by Anoushka on Aug 1st, 2005 at 06:08 AM

Old Post Aug 1st, 2005 06:05 AM
Anoushka is currently offline Click here to Send Anoushka a Private Message Find more posts by Anoushka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JesuseyGoodness
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Anoushka
um no..for your info my sip did happen...i thought the length was way better than the previous book (thank goodness)

but the book was b o r i n g compared to the rest.i'd start picking but i'm in school and have classes in less than 30min and so don't have the time to do so.

literature classes do help in the assesment of such books after all Happy Dance

whether,honey,not weather smile i used to make that mistake so often too laughing out loud

anyway.i'll be back with my points on why i find this book disappointing esp compared to the rest once i finish classes and get my thoughts in order.
the 3rd book's still the best,IMHO happy

Have Fun!

Old Post Aug 1st, 2005 06:49 AM
The Phantom
Angel of Music

Originally posted by Saberstylemasta
I have so little faith in humans now. It was a good book, but since it wasn't 1000 pages and your ship didn't ahppen or something, you think she lost her touch...sigh...
I haven't once heard anyone complain their ship didn't happen nor did I hear anyone complain it wasn't 1000 pages. People are just upset that the relationship was just there and she didn't do much with it. (I actually wanted to see more of a reaction from Ron and for how they got together more... well, I can't think of the words but him kissing her out of no where, no.) And why would you lose faith in humans over a book. PEOPLE! NEWSFLASH! HARRY POTTER IS FAKE! (*Gasp!*) Don't lose faith in people because they didn't like a book, no matter what a reason is, if it be because a ship didn't happen or they thought it as a crappy book. Someone doesn't like it, doesn't mean a decline in human intelligence.

Thank you Neha for the sig!
This years Musical: Little Shop of Horrors (sig for it hopefully coming soon)

Last edited by The Phantom on Aug 1st, 2005 at 11:17 AM

Old Post Aug 1st, 2005 11:15 AM
The Phantom is currently offline Click here to Send The Phantom a Private Message Find more posts by The Phantom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Anoushka
The Vampire Anoushka

happy i'm liking you more and more darling smile

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2005 03:20 AM
The Phantom
Angel of Music

^.^ At least someone likes me. *glares at Hermione and Saber.*

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2005 03:26 AM
The Phantom is currently offline Click here to Send The Phantom a Private Message Find more posts by The Phantom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JesuseyGoodness
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by NightCrawler341
I haven't once heard anyone complain their ship didn't happen nor did I hear anyone complain it wasn't 1000 pages. People are just upset that the relationship was just there and she didn't do much with it. (I actually wanted to see more of a reaction from Ron and for how they got together more... well, I can't think of the words but him kissing her out of no where, no.) And why would you lose faith in humans over a book. PEOPLE! NEWSFLASH! HARRY POTTER IS FAKE! (*Gasp!*) Don't lose faith in people because they didn't like a book, no matter what a reason is, if it be because a ship didn't happen or they thought it as a crappy book. Someone doesn't like it, doesn't mean a decline in human intelligence.

I don't lose faith because they don't LIKE the book. I lose faith because some people GO EXTREMELY CRAZY over the book. Examples, go to muugglenet's wall of shmae: speicial edition. Sad sad people, basing their life on fictional "love" that never occurs.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2005 04:07 AM
Anoushka
The Vampire Anoushka

ah well.some people just get too emotional i guess -shrugs- it's a phase they'll grow out of.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2005 04:28 AM
DanZeke25
You can't beat me.

I couldnt care less who gets with who, as long as its a boy and a girl and there isnt a huge age difference(like Hermione and Snape) yes

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2005 06:00 AM
DanZeke25 is currently offline Click here to Send DanZeke25 a Private Message Find more posts by DanZeke25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Phantom
Angel of Music

There is a special edition to the wall of shame?

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2005 10:08 AM
JesuseyGoodness
Restricted

Account Restricted

Indeed there is, and sadly, I agree with most of what Emerson says...
Originally posted by NightCrawler341
There is a special edition to the wall of shame?

Last edited by JesuseyGoodness on Aug 2nd, 2005 at 11:47 AM

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2005 11:37 AM
The Phantom
Angel of Music

I gotta read it.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2005 11:55 AM