KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Respect' Forum » Respek Union!!

Respek Union!!
Started by: Khellendros

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

Respek Union!!

Okay I've discovered another seemingly little-known Wildstorm/Image character who kicks a lot of ass. He's what you might get if you gave Wonder Man a GL ring.

Here's the only decent writeup I could find for him: http://members.fortunecity.com/them...bios/union.html

This is a guy who starts out at about Thing level strength, but when amping himself up with the Justice Stone, gets right up there with the top tier (supes, Thor, Majestic).

Some feats off the top of my head:

Was the best fighter on an entire planet of people with the same powerset (though varying power levels). Was said to have singlehandedly turned the war in favor of his side before accidentally being sent to Earth.

Fought Majestic to a standstill. Drew off nearly a third of the electrical power of the state of Washington to zap Majestic with. Unfortunately, it only stunned his opponent, after which they continued stalemating until a mutual friend/acquaintance broke up the fight.

Fought and stalemated Liefeld Supreme, after he had taken Mjolnir for himself. Countered a lightning blast from the hammer with his staff, and kept Supreme reeling until he decided this wasn't his fight and took a huge blast of energy full on. Union screamed and looked like he was KTFO until Supreme flew off and Union stood up, smirking. Basically, Supreme didn't land one hit on Union until he decided it wasn't his porblem anymore.

Along with another much weaker and badly injured Justice Stone user, punked a guy named Crusade, who starts out far above top tier strength and durability and gets more powerful the longer he fights. Crusade is one of the only people I've ever seen deciseively beat Majestic. Although he lost as well, Union got in some excellent energy blasts and even stunned Crusade for a short time.

Survived the esplosion of a ruptured Justice Stone in space at point blank range. A villain later on was going to destroy the Earth by blowing up a few Justice Stones, so that should tell you how powerful the explosion was.

Shows excellent reaction time. Has deflected numerous bullets fired at the same time from different angles with one sweep of his justice staff. Was able to raise his staff and absorb a blast of lightning from Supreme after he had fired it (FTL reflexes right there) as well as blocking a blast of heatvision with his fist before he had even seen Supreme, which means he saw the energy coming and once again had time to react to it.

Basically, though he was far above human level in strength, his durability wasn't much better than, say, SpiderMan. So, each time he is ever shown taking a blasts of energy from Majestic and others, blocking multiple simultaneous blasts/hits from other Justice Staffs, surviving punches from heavy hitters like Crusade, surviving nuke-level explosions and every other feat of durability, that's thanks to the force fields of his Justice Stone which, like a GL ring, automatically protects the person it's bonded to.

In the Monarchy, after he was resurrected, he showed more of his GL-like powers. Used his stone to create spikes and other torture devices to kill humans housing demonic eggs in their minds. Later on, he was taking on the woman who was host to the thing that had laid those eggs (it was a reality-warping living weapon, fyi). When she tried a telepathic assault, what she saw inside his mind scared the hell out of her. And this was a woman who had basically sold her soul for a chance at power and had been dooming others to horrible torturous deaths. He then blasted her to ashes and took the weapon from her. Later on, this weapon helped to take out an uber Godlike version of the Authority, made up of the most powerful and vicious versions of each member from the multiverse.

Anyways, that's all I have so far. I'm going to go back and read Wildstorm Rising again, since he made an appearance there, and I'll report back with any noteworthy feats. RESPEK UNION!

Last edited by Khellendros on Jul 22nd, 2005 at 09:20 AM

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2005 09:16 AM
Khellendros is currently offline Click here to Send Khellendros a Private Message Find more posts by Khellendros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

(please log in to view the image)
For Union!

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2005 10:30 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

Addon: It's funny. Even though he has damn good speed in a fight, this guy has the WORST, most inconsistent, flight speed of any of these Supes/Majestic/GL/Apollo types. He makes decent time into outerspace and to the moon, but it takes him more than twelve hours to fly halfway around the world. This could be explained away by the fact that he was flying with Crusade and his injured friend, and either of them could have been slowing him down, but still.. even Apollo is faster than that.

Yep, just did the math. They were going way below the speed of sound, mach 1. The only solace I take is the fact that Crusade and Union both remark on how badly the injured friend of Union's slowed them down.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2005 12:26 PM
Khellendros is currently offline Click here to Send Khellendros a Private Message Find more posts by Khellendros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

post a pic

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2005 03:54 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

I thought Union was greatbig grin

Keep the faithbig grin

Stay Whirly rock

herd behavior is a comical thing - Thanks Silver Spider

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2005 05:30 PM
Sir Whirlysplat is currently offline Click here to Send Sir Whirlysplat a Private Message Find more posts by Sir Whirlysplat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Scoobless
post a pic

Ask and ye shall receive. Union with his Justice staff.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2005 11:36 AM
Digi
Forum Leader

Hmmm...throw Majestic, Union, and The Doctor together and you got yourself a Wildstorm Defenders team that would punk the Marvel version hardcore (waits for longpig to get pissed).

Wildstorm rocks...if I ever have money (Peter Parker's early years are becoming my model for my financial existence) I'll be looking into more than just the Authority.

-DM

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2005 05:41 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Mr Majestic, Union, Doctor, Apollo

v

Silver Surfer, Namor, Dr Strange, Hulk

Very close

herd behavior is a comical thing - Thanks Silver Spider

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2005 05:47 PM
Sir Whirlysplat is currently offline Click here to Send Sir Whirlysplat a Private Message Find more posts by Sir Whirlysplat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jack Harkness
Restricted

Account Restricted

I love Union, he was awesome, I need to get hold of soem comics of his and try to do a respect thread of my own.

Sig by Roland

Old Post Jul 29th, 2007 02:44 PM
Jack Harkness is currently offline Click here to Send Jack Harkness a Private Message Find more posts by Jack Harkness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote