KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Trivia » An old 70's horror movie (or suspense)

An old 70's horror movie (or suspense)
Started by: vibi68

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
vibi68

Question An old 70's horror movie (or suspense)

I've been looking for this movie's title for ages, as I was only 5 or 6 when I saw it; the adults had forgotten about me on the couch as I was sweating cold rivers... Obviously as my memory of that time is not so good, I could be wrong in many chronological statements or even confuse scenes, but if it does ring a bell to anyone, please help; I would really like to see that movie again... and put to rest those old fears of a movie I'm positive is totally lame through my adult eyes! eheheh!
Outed sometimes in the 70's: scenes I can remember...

1. The camera is circling around a barn, peeping through cracks between the planks, where a woman laying in the hay is admiring her legs (perhaps in new nylons) but it could also be an erotic scene I did not quite decrypt at that age!... some scenes later you see her bloody face, through a pile of hay, as if killed and hidden...

2. A car honk's continuous sound at night, as if it's driver was killed and dropped dead on the honk.

3. A man lifting his welder's helmet to answer someone: his face is completely crossed by a huge scar... he might even be missing an eye.

4. A group of guys giving a man a hard time by tying him in a large fishing net, hitched to the back of a pickup truck, trailing on the ground at full speed.

5. "Something" being held in chains, in a stony grey room... by a weirdly wicked and hairy woman.

6. A blackbird or crow flying out of that same stony grey room.

7. A man running to his crying baby's crib with a riffle in hand... apparently chasing something he can't see.

8. A red door with a circle cut out, decorated with inward spokes...

Somehow I felt like this movie had to do with the birth of twins... and one of them had been damned or some kind of similar strange thing. I could be wrong in many descriptions, as I was small I truly saw what I wanted to see... kind of even invented my own story, but this movie does exist. It was again on TV around Xmas when I was an adolescent, but obviously... being Xmas, noone wanted to watch a horror movie so I didn't get to catch any of the scenes, nor the title! Please help!

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2005 05:11 PM
vibi68 is currently offline Click here to Send vibi68 a Private Message Find more posts by vibi68 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
taylormademe68

I think I saw a movie similar to that too if you do get the name of it or one like it I would really like to know what it is. sorry I have no name for you. Taylor

Old Post Jul 25th, 2005 04:46 AM
taylormademe68 is currently offline Click here to Send taylormademe68 a Private Message Find more posts by taylormademe68 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vibi68

As you can tell, I think I'm going to have to wait for a while to find out the title of that movie... you wouldn't believe how long and where I've looked for info on that strange flic... but yes, if I do find out, I will try to keep you posted. Thanks

Old Post Jul 25th, 2005 06:45 PM
vibi68 is currently offline Click here to Send vibi68 a Private Message Find more posts by vibi68 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vibi68

Well... seems pretty strange to answer my own post, but I did post this thread on another movie fanatic website and finally got my answer after over 30 years of searching... and this maniac guy actually answered me within 2 minutes. I was floored!
The movie is called "The Shuttered Room" aka "Blood Island", dates 1967 and stars Gig Young, Carol Lynley and Oliver Reed. Made in the U.K. after the master of horror H.P. Lovecraft's novel of the same name. It is said to be a pretty good movie of the "macabre" genre, still to this day, a good thriller.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2005 03:21 AM
claireybe

I have a similar query to vibi68 in that I saw a horror movie when I was younger when I was really into taping late night horror films. I saw this one which I cannot remember the name of but there was a certain amount of humour in it and I would so love to find out what it was and see it again. I think it was 70's. Here's what I remember:

1. A young boy begins to get an interest in a funeral parlour and the people who go in and out of it.
2. He sees a man from the funeral parlour in the street walk past a freezer van and breathe in the icy mist looking like he enjoyed it (!)
3. The man is very very tall with really big feet and shoes.
4. The boy goes into the funeral parlour one night and the tall man finds him and starts chasing him.
5. Some little creatures join in the chase and the boy manages to shut the door behind him trapping one of the creatures hands in the door.
6. The boy cuts off the creatures finger (I think it had green blood) and takes it home to show his older brother.
7. The finger is still moving in the wooden box that the boy put it in.
8. At some point, the older brother was copping off with some girl in the graveyard.

That's all I can remember and it is a very simplified childs eye perspective of the film so I hope someone out there can get which film I mean. I would really appreciate it if anyone could help me find out what the film's called.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2005 03:08 PM
claireybe is currently offline Click here to Send claireybe a Private Message Find more posts by claireybe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hanxan
Evil To the Core

The movie with the funeral parlor is Phantasm

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2006 04:48 PM
hanxan is currently offline Click here to Send hanxan a Private Message Find more posts by hanxan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dillinger4

vibi68 I know what movie you are referring to but unfortunately I don't know the name of it.

I am forty years old and have watched God only knows how many horror movies. By now I have found all of the names of the horror movies that I had watched when I was younger with the exception of two. One of them I just found out the name last night. I actually wasn't even searching for it and stumbled upon it by accident. Someone synced the movie to the song Suns Irrupt by Neon Indian. The movie was Alice Sweet Alice (1976) Brooke Shields first movie.

Anyway the movie you are looking for I remember seeing on television and I think it was a made for TV movie. What I remember from it was a red door with a circle cut out of it, face height, with three or four metal bars around the circumference of the circle pointing inward. I also remember one of the actors peering through the hole at someone within the other room. Also from what I remember it wasn't really a horror movie.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2014 12:17 AM
Dillinger4 is currently offline Click here to Send Dillinger4 a Private Message Find more posts by Dillinger4 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dillinger4

vibi68 I found it. The Shuttered Room (Blood Island) 1967.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2014 12:42 AM
Dillinger4 is currently offline Click here to Send Dillinger4 a Private Message Find more posts by Dillinger4 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ultra425

I am looking for one also, it seemed to be from the 60's or 70's...I remember a house in the woods where the old woman kept her son I think locked up in a hidden room in the house, th she abducted some little girls also, I know that is not much info but all I remember.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2014 04:54 AM
Ultra425 is currently offline Click here to Send Ultra425 a Private Message Find more posts by Ultra425 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Anny

Its very tough to tell no hint of movie.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2014 08:48 AM
Anny is currently offline Click here to Send Anny a Private Message Find more posts by Anny Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azzikhan
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hey the only place that I have seen that movie is (tinyurl.com/nr55oom). Register there they have some registration offer running currently. Good to know of people who like such movies. When I was searching for it, no one even knew of it. Good I came across this site. It has a number of other movies that you won’t find anywhere else.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2014 06:33 AM
Azzikhan is currently offline Click here to Send Azzikhan a Private Message Find more posts by Azzikhan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aljalina

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Azzikhan
Hey the only place that I have seen that movie is (tinyurl.com/nr55oom). Register there they have some registration offer running currently. Good to know of people who like such movies. When I was searching for it, no one even knew of it. Good I came across this site. It has a number of other movies that you won’t find anywhere else.

hey azzi from where did you got that site it simple awesome and has some good list of movies and songs. Thanks for sharing link with us.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2014 06:35 AM
Aljalina is currently offline Click here to Send Aljalina a Private Message Find more posts by Aljalina Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azzikhan
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Aljalina
hey azzi from where did you got that site it simple awesome and has some good list of movies and songs. Thanks for sharing link with us.

Some random search in Google regarding movies and songs has confronted this site to me. I guess this site would be more useful in weekend to watch movie online.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2014 06:24 AM
Azzikhan is currently offline Click here to Send Azzikhan a Private Message Find more posts by Azzikhan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sherkhan

Originally posted by Azzikhan

Thanks for sharing the site it has some small amount of registration, but it is not more than a cherish moment.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2014 08:46 AM
Sherkhan is currently offline Click here to Send Sherkhan a Private Message Find more posts by Sherkhan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote