KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Respect' Forum » The Thanos Death Club

The Thanos Death Club
Started by: Zahit

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Scoobless
sselboocS

I just saw the title of the scans Thanos Vs Super Skrull and i started laughing.... i haven't even looked at them yet and i can just imagine how badly the Skrull is going to do..... he doesn't stand a chance against the Surfer and he's fighting Thanos?

hahahahahahaha

laughing out loud

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Jan 15th, 2006 12:04 AM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

yup.... i was right

laughing out loud

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Jan 15th, 2006 12:10 AM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

What issue?

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Jan 15th, 2006 01:33 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

nevermind

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Jan 15th, 2006 01:35 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Madvillain

I salute you Thanos.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2006 04:34 PM
Madvillain is currently offline Click here to Send Madvillain a Private Message Find more posts by Madvillain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Thor Man

Why is he wearing a skirt? =o

Old Post Jan 17th, 2006 04:09 AM
Thor Man is currently offline Click here to Send Thor Man a Private Message Find more posts by Thor Man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Where is Thanos' head these days? Ever since the first IG, he seems to be siding as much with heroes as fighting them. Is he wandering without purpose?

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jan 17th, 2006 04:41 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dizzle
KMC Authority!!!

http://img118.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img...=warlock7is.jpg

THIS is why I have a problem with people saying that Warlock is Thanos's equal. Quite frankly... He's not. I'm a fan of the "owned" skull in the background though.

What else... High end matter manipulation? What? No way, Thanos only blasts people...
http://img237.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img...e=house10iz.jpg

And just so I do something other than reposting scans of note, more matter manipulation!!!

Attachment: transform.jpg
This has been downloaded 1278 time(s).

DarkCrawler is my hero... RESPECT LEONARD NIMOY!!!

Old Post Feb 8th, 2006 12:48 AM
Dizzle is currently offline Click here to Send Dizzle a Private Message Find more posts by Dizzle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
slade10

First scan shows mangog, a being who consistently thrashes thor throughout this storyline, as a thrall to a weak thanos clone (and there's no question the clones are weak; 4 of the 5 strongest can be beaten individually by warlock -- powerful but certainly not thanos powerful. And the thor clone is not one of the 5 strongest.)

Second scan shows firelord blasting thanos clone to no effect.

Third scan shows thor knocking back mangog with a blast from mjolnir.

Last scan shows thanos completely unaffected by the exact same sort of blast, immediately thereafter (this is prior to any boosting, as thanos is trying to get tarene's tears in order to amp his power)

(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)

Meaningless, but for anyone who's curious, thanos and parallax set against each other as equals in xover:

(please log in to view the image)

Thanos treating x-man and hulk like bugs, despite the fact that he is trapped in a pocket dimension and cut off from his source of cosmic energy.

Hulk's durabiltiy, everyone should know about. Nate grey is possibly the most powerful psychic in the marvel universe, has lifted cities with tk, and was flattening hulk with tk punches prior to this scene. Yet a bloodlusted tk blow to thanos' face is not even felt by an explicitly "weak" thanos.

(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)

Thanos fighting the avengers by himself. Not a particularly impressive feat, but note that one of the avengers does not seem too optimistic about their chances ("nothing can stop him")

Old Post Feb 11th, 2006 04:27 PM
slade10 is currently offline Click here to Send slade10 a Private Message Find more posts by slade10 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
slade10

Death, one of the 3 most powerful entities in the marvel universe, revealing that she has in fact mated with thanos to produce the rot, a weird black entity that is slowly consuming the universe -- including death itself!

Thanos is given his stolen power back from quoia (who is the "messiah" of the marvel universe, and the physical avatar of "life"), and flies off with death to destroy the rot, with universe shaking consequences. Everyone killed by thanos in this storyline is resurrected by the destruction of the Rot.

Death then proposes to thanos, who rejects her as being too weak for him.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2006 04:28 PM
slade10 is currently offline Click here to Send slade10 a Private Message Find more posts by slade10 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
slade10

Thanos spontaneously puts up a forcefield to shield a group of heros from omega, a thanos-galactus hybrid that is threatening the universe (galactus' equal, but unlike galactus, destroys for the fun of it, rather than out of hunger), then tps a house (with a few words to his remote tech) into space:

Thanos destroying multiple Galactus-created Punisher robots with ease. Surfer has been shown unable to harm Punishers, and a Punisher once KO'd the In-betweener with its fists: (warlock also destroys one punisher here, which is perhaps a bit of a stretch. But he's quite a powerhouse with the soul gem. And is KO'd immediately thereafter)

slade10

First scan here indicates that galactus is near full-power (one of the few appearances where this is the case, given that he usually encounters heros only will he needs to eat). Second scan indicates that galactus sees thanos coming. Third is self-explanatory.

(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)

Matter-manipulation/healing. Nothing special, really, but you don't see it happen often. Since thanos usually prefers the "smash and destroy" route.

Thanos defeating Maker, the current manifestation of Beyonder, a cube-being. PIS here since Maker should be able to blink thanos out of existence. But one could argue that she tried doing this earlier in the comic (when she vapored a crowd of people with thanos in the center, and thanos was the only who survived); thanos, after all, has been stated to be outside the reach of death, order, and chaos -- so why not a cube being, who is clearly lower on the cosmic chain of command?

[img=http://img138.imagevenue.com/loc24/th_3a4cf_maker1.jpg]
[img=http://img22.imagevenue.com/loc24/th_2cd8c_maker2.jpg]
[img=http://img109.imagevenue.com/loc24/th_676ef_maker3.jpg]
[img=http://img12.imagevenue.com/loc24/th_11fbb_maker4.jpg]

slade10

Thanos against the fallen one, a galactus enemy who was released when thanos fought maker. (don't ask me how) He is a former herald of galactus who has found an independent source of energy (dark matter) and is now set on destroying his master.

Thanos is untouched by his nova attack (which vaporizes thanos' ship completely), then KO's him by pulling over an asteroid field. Fallen one's body falls and destroys the gas giant below (suggesting ~1000x the size of earth, a la jupiter); thanos is completely unscathed by the explosion. He then touches fallen one's KO'd head and makes him his thrall.

[img=http://img23.imagevenue.com/loc24/th_602c2_forg6.jpg][img=http://img145.imagevenue.com/loc24/th_342a3_forg7.jpg][img=http://img144.imagevenue.com/loc24/th_3b7d6_forg8.jpg]

slade10

Last one. Thanos in astral form carrying a bouquet of COMETS, each one representing 10 billion killed:

All of these are normal power. The only one that arguably is not is the rot example. He kills a priest of pama earlier in the storyline and says it grants him the power of death. As far as I can tell, however, this did not grant him any powers; it simply allowed him to grant powers to others. (these are the "godlings" he refers, one of which fought the avengers to a standstill) Even to do that, however, he had to kill and use the lifeforce of the one killed to boost his new "godling."

I'm not picking out storylines where thanos is shown as particularly powerful, btw. This covers pretty much all of his recent apperances. The only one left out is the Kazar storyline, and that was retconned to be a "low-model clone."

Old Post Feb 11th, 2006 04:29 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

What happens after that Galactus fight??....seems to me like Big G would be pissed after getting thwapped by Thanos' power cosmic.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2006 05:17 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spawnrules
Tiger

does anyone have the scan where thanos hit galactus, and can anyone show me what happened after that

Thanks Greyfox, JLAKMC, join them or die! JLAKMC 2, KMCA 0

Old Post Feb 11th, 2006 08:14 PM
Spawnrules is currently offline Click here to Send Spawnrules a Private Message Find more posts by Spawnrules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rewmac
{--Classic Member--}

Go bit above and you can see the scan yourself...Eyes are useful things...

Old Post Feb 11th, 2006 09:27 PM
Rewmac is currently offline Click here to Send Rewmac a Private Message Find more posts by Rewmac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hancock1

Thanos Rules

Old Post Feb 11th, 2006 10:48 PM
Hancock1 is currently offline Click here to Send Hancock1 a Private Message Find more posts by Hancock1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
slade10

Forgot to add last scan.

Thanos turning down a marriage proposal from death, and saying that she is not worthy.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2006 05:53 AM
roughrider
Thunderer

If anyone is of Greek origin, Thanos is a nickname for those named Athanasius. Name your pet or your first born; bring Thanos into everyday language! evil face

Anyone wants the full bio on Thanos, longer and more complete that any Marvel directory, go here: http://www.corvusonline.net/thanos/

Attachment: thanos1.jpg
This has been downloaded 1068 time(s).

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Feb 15th, 2006 04:22 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote