KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Ultimates discussion thread.(spoilers)

Ultimates discussion thread.(spoilers)
Started by: snoopdogg

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 3 4 [5]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
8bitChris
?Esoteric?

I cant believe you guys actually believe Thor!

He's a nurse hippie in some super armor from Norway!

All he did was use his influence to pick up chicks!

Doop Lives...

Old Post Sep 29th, 2005 06:28 PM
8bitChris is currently offline Click here to Send 8bitChris a Private Message Find more posts by 8bitChris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

still I don't want cap to be the traiter he is too cool to be arrested..........

Old Post Sep 29th, 2005 08:01 PM
willRules is currently offline Click here to Send willRules a Private Message Find more posts by willRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HigH ScholaR

Real name Either Thor Odinson, or Thorlief Golmen
Status Active
Affiliations
Previous affiliations Ultimates
Notable aliases
Notable relatives Gunnar Golmen/Loki, God of Mischief (brother)
Notable powers Either the incarnation of the Norse god of thunder, or advanced technology grants him control over thunder and lightning, flight, superhuman strength and durability, and the ability to move matter between dimensions.

SPOILER WARNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thor was a psychiatric nurse until he suffered a mental breakdown and spent 18 months instiutionalized. When he was released, he claimed to be Thor, Norse god of thunder, and attracted rebellious teenagers and conspiracy theorists with his speeches and self-help books. He has spoken against America's military aggression against other world powers.

Superhuman
General Nick Fury contacted him about joining the Ultimates, but Thor refused to work for the military-industrial complex that he detests. When the Hulk appeared in Manhattan, Thor refused to lend his aid unless the President doubled the foreign aid budget. When his request was met, Thor intervened, giving the team the time to inject the Hulk with the antidote that turned him back into Bruce Banner.

Homeland Security
Thor was the first to report that the Chitauri base in Micronesia had been long abandoned. Upon arriving at the base in Arizona, Thor and Iron Man provided air support against the Chitauri spacecraft until the Air Force arrived. When Iron Man was called down to deal with the Chitauri bomb, Thor unleashed a massive electrical burst, blasting every alien craft around him, much to General Fury's amazement, who thought he was a pacifist; Thor corrected him: "A pacifist with a big, scary hammer." Iron Man asked Thor to help him dispose of the bomb that would obliterate the entire solar system, so Thor teleported it to the wastes of Nastrond; its detonation caused only a small ripple in space-time.

Ultimates 2
Thor met Volstagg the Voluminous in a New York restaurant, where Volstagg told him that Loki had escaped the Room Without Doors, and that the Ultimates are pawns of the New World Order. When a waiter asked Thor who he was talking to, Thor explained that Volstagg was his friend, but the waiter told him that nobody else was at his table.

Captain America initially believed that Thor was responsible for the information leak that outed Banner as the Hulk, and went to a nightclub he frequented to confront him. When Thor's admirers and hangers-on attacked Cap, Thor ordered them to stop, and said that he didn't have the technological know-how to do such a thing; he offered the explanation that Loki was the most likely suspect.

When an Italian demonstration against the European Defence Initiative's super-soldier program turned violent, Thor intervened. The Ultimates learned from the EDI's head scientist, Gunnar Golmen, that Thor had stolen the technology that gives him his powers, and they tracked him to Norway to take him into custody. Thor told them that Gunnar was actually Loki, but they attacked him anyway. He shrugged off whatever they threw at him, until Quicksilver managed to remove his belt, and Thor came crashing to the ground. He now occupies Bruce Banner's cell in the Triskelion, where Gunnar/Loki taunted him about the existence of a traitor within the Ultimates' ranks.

Last edited by HigH ScholaR on Sep 29th, 2005 at 08:19 PM

Old Post Sep 29th, 2005 08:16 PM
HigH ScholaR is currently offline Click here to Send HigH ScholaR a Private Message Find more posts by HigH ScholaR Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

all will be revealed in due time.........

Old Post Sep 29th, 2005 09:05 PM
willRules is currently offline Click here to Send willRules a Private Message Find more posts by willRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

well this thread needs to be bumped.

Question does anyone have a scan on how the fight between thor and electro went in Ultimate Six??

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Old Post Mar 9th, 2006 10:47 PM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

It wasn't really shown...... they flew up into the sky then Thor flew back when Electro was beaten

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Mar 9th, 2006 10:58 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

aight. Was reading up on that, and I thought they might have made it more interesting.

any other scans out there of him doing something uber, other than the alien invasion and him beating on the Ultimates? Hes an interesting character......

any scans of Ultimate Ironman as well. Looks a lot more realistic than the normal one (with the bigger head piece) and 100 men to take care of it.

I have the first two volumes (up till they beat the aliens)
any scans on the two after that would be welcome

Last edited by Blair Wind on Mar 9th, 2006 at 11:09 PM

Old Post Mar 9th, 2006 10:59 PM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marcus4600
Restricted

Account Restricted

The traitor is Black Widow. Stark already bashed her with a wine bottle.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2006 01:02 AM
Marcus4600 is currently offline Click here to Send Marcus4600 a Private Message Find more posts by Marcus4600 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Blair Wind
aight. Was reading up on that, and I thought they might have made it more interesting.

any other scans out there of him doing something uber, other than the alien invasion and him beating on the Ultimates? Hes an interesting character......

any scans of Ultimate Ironman as well. Looks a lot more realistic than the normal one (with the bigger head piece) and 100 men to take care of it.

I have the first two volumes (up till they beat the aliens)
any scans on the two after that would be welcome

Mainly just the ones i posted here:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...mp;pagenumber=8

since then he's been locked up

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Mar 10th, 2006 01:35 AM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

I already have those. Nothing in any of the Six or xmen crossovers? other than the pure pis that is Colossus kicking his butt?

Old Post Mar 10th, 2006 01:41 AM
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

also how the hell is Ironman able to download info into his brain? when did this happen?

Old Post Mar 10th, 2006 04:13 AM
HaSon

I think that was explained in the Ultimate Iron Man mini.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2006 04:33 AM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Originally posted by The Ion
I think that was explained in the Ultimate Iron Man mini.

yup.... he has neural material growing throughout his body.... basically his entire body is a big brain, he invents sh!t all the time.... he probably invented the nanites he uses for those downloads in about two hours

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Mar 10th, 2006 01:54 PM
Lucid Lui
Air Laki Laki

Ultimates #12 cover. Looks like they're bringing everyone in.

(please log in to view the image)

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Verily.
| www.lucidlui.com | Aquaman Respect Thread |

Old Post Mar 11th, 2006 09:06 AM
Lucid Lui is currently offline Click here to Send Lucid Lui a Private Message Find more posts by Lucid Lui Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

is it just me or do some of the people there look...wierd? like wolvie, colossus, storm.....

Old Post Mar 11th, 2006 01:42 PM
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

When does Ultimates #12 come out? Next year sometime probably.

"I am not afraid of the dark the dark's afraid of me"

Old Post Mar 11th, 2006 03:10 PM
snoopdogg is currently offline Click here to Send snoopdogg a Private Message Find more posts by snoopdogg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

Originally posted by Lucid Lui
Ultimates #12 cover. Looks like they're bringing everyone in.

(please log in to view the image)

eek! eek! LOOKS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cannot wait eek!

Old Post Mar 12th, 2006 05:21 PM
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

Originally posted by snoopdogg
When does Ultimates #12 come out? Next year sometime probably.

I'd guess that it comes out at April...of 2008.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2006 05:39 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

#NecroBump!!!

Anyway, the first issue of the new series was quite promising. I'm very curious to see how this plays out:
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Nov 11th, 2015 09:26 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

Definitely. Just read SW 7, Thors 5, all new avengers, the new avengers last week. This is maybe the only one I will keep picking up since there is no real Avengers. Especially not if the series is gonna be about Novas crappy relationship problems.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2015 01:14 AM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote