KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Natakus's (=D) Amalgam Tournament [Phase 3] {ROUND 1} (Vote now!) Long Pig vs Khell

Natakus's (=D) Amalgam Tournament [Phase 3] {ROUND 1} (Vote now!) Long Pig vs Khell
Started by: Nataku8188

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Digi
Forum Leader

Vote for Khell.

I think it's 1-1 now.

Quick justification for the vote: I don't think the mirrors will happen, and other than brain-messing, some tentacles (both which I don't think will put Majestic out for the count), and a couple other random things, I'm a bit unsure what lp is doing for a "main attack" on Blackstrom.

Good arguments though...close fight. I retain the right to change my vote, but Khell gets it for now.

-DM

Old Post Jul 28th, 2005 03:33 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stormfront13

srry khell, but i'm gonna vote for long pig

Old Post Jul 28th, 2005 06:27 PM
stormfront13 is currently offline Click here to Send stormfront13 a Private Message Find more posts by stormfront13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

And get your votes in people (and arguments in for the participants). Nat said he'll probably close this Friday or Saturday, so only a day or two left.

-DM

Old Post Jul 28th, 2005 06:54 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dizzle
KMC Authority!!!

Oh, justifying my vote... I doubt Khell could stop the Astral form, solely because magic has a tendency to bypass things that every other type of energy cannot. (Quasar's constructs, Surfer has no control over magic, etc) Also, there's definitely a difference between stuff like mental confusion and mental assault. Assaults are usually shrugged off by willpower, where stuff like confusion spells tend to be more insidious. Almost like the difference between Guerilla tactics and a massive assault.

DarkCrawler is my hero... RESPECT LEONARD NIMOY!!!

Old Post Jul 28th, 2005 10:37 PM
Dizzle is currently offline Click here to Send Dizzle a Private Message Find more posts by Dizzle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Dizzle
Oh, justifying my vote... I doubt Khell could stop the Astral form, solely because magic has a tendency to bypass things that every other type of energy cannot. (Quasar's constructs, Surfer has no control over magic, etc) Also, there's definitely a difference between stuff like mental confusion and mental assault. Assaults are usually shrugged off by willpower, where stuff like confusion spells tend to be more insidious. Almost like the difference between Guerilla tactics and a massive assault.

In his first series, a group of women, at least one of whom could effect peoples minds with magic, was keeping him docile... for all of a few moments. He wasn't being controlled, his mind was being muddled. Once he overcame that, she/they couldn't bring him back under control.

In his most recent series, Majestic has his body invaded by more than half a dozen Daemonites in their astral forms. They are straight up trying to take over his mind, and he rejects them almost immediately. The point is, he's dealt with both kinds of mental intrusion and fought them both off.

And Silver Surfer and Quasar had their inability to weakness specifically written in, while Majestic has been shown to repeatedly overcome several kinds of magical attacks. It's just how he was created.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2005 11:39 PM
Khellendros is currently offline Click here to Send Khellendros a Private Message Find more posts by Khellendros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Main Entry: ki·net·ic
Pronunciation: k&-'net-ik, kI-
Function: adjective
: of or relating to the motion of material bodies and the forces and energy associated therewith.

Astral form has no body, nothing material, no molecules to produce kinetic energy i.e nothing to drain.

Supa-Mayne!

Last edited by long pig on Jul 29th, 2005 at 12:51 AM

Old Post Jul 29th, 2005 12:49 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

Uh, yeah, I know what kinetic means. The fact is, Maelstrom can and has stopped energy using his powers. You, being energy, are subject to being frozen.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2005 02:26 AM
Khellendros is currently offline Click here to Send Khellendros a Private Message Find more posts by Khellendros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Not happening.. Astral form is basically my soul flying around.

But to counter it anyway.

He'd first have no know I'm there, which you won't THEN you'd have to know exactly how to use a technique which takes losts of skill, which you don't have.

But since it won't happen, it doesn't matter.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Jul 29th, 2005 02:34 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

Originally posted by long pig
He'd first have no know I'm there, which you won't

I have TWO seperate ways of detecting you, actually.

THEN you'd have to know exactly how to use a technique which takes losts of skill, which you don't have.

What technique are you talking about? The kinetic absorption? That's automatic, he is constantly drawing on low levels of kinetic energy, the only thing he has to do is decide how much to absorb. In this case, all of it. Maelstrom has absorbed the kinetic energy of electrons. Of a single neutron. He stole the kinetic energy of a cosmic being who was immune to ALL conventional forms off attack. Maelstrom just grabbed him by the neck, drained him dry, and took his place in the universe. Stopping your little astral form is NOT going to be a problem.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2005 03:14 AM
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

No molecular motion equals no kenetic energy, therefore your trick won't work. Sorry.

Don't try to talk around when you know it's true.

quote:
kinetic energy of electrons...Of a single neutron.

Good for him. Astral form doesn't contain electrons. It contains no atoms, no molecules.

Won't work.
It'd be like trying to steal the energy from someones thought. Or from someone's spirit.

quote:
He stole the kinetic energy of a cosmic being who was immune to ALL conventional forms off attack.

Great, I bet the cosmic being had molecules, didn't he? Yeah he did.

You can't steal kinetic energy from something that doesn't make kinetic energy. You'll be too confused and time controlled to try.

You can't really do....anything actually.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Jul 29th, 2005 03:33 AM
Dizzle
KMC Authority!!!

Originally posted by Khellendros
And Silver Surfer and Quasar had their inability to weakness specifically written in, while Majestic has been shown to repeatedly overcome several kinds of magical attacks. It's just how he was created.

I meant that I dunno if Maelstrom's abilities would work on the astral form, even though he's drained energy before, because magic is simply NOT any type of energy... If he's used it against anything that's magic before, please do tell.

DarkCrawler is my hero... RESPECT LEONARD NIMOY!!!

Old Post Jul 29th, 2005 03:33 AM
Dizzle is currently offline Click here to Send Dizzle a Private Message Find more posts by Dizzle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

When did it become true that Astral form was a type of energy?

It has gotten past energy detectors before, the FF's actually.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Jul 29th, 2005 03:35 AM
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

Hmmmmm... Good arguments on both sides.... long gets my vote.

Blackstorm's tough, but magic seems to be a trump card in nearly every battle. And Strange is no fool.

Vote for longpig.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2005 03:37 AM
Adam Warlock is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Warlock a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Warlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Magneto was unable to sense Xavier in Astral form.....
Magneto's EM capabilities are >>>>>>>>>>> Ironman's.

When did this Ironman thing happen? He wasn't in magic armor was he?

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Jul 29th, 2005 03:39 AM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

I am going to vote for long pig.
Reasons: I think you guys have both given great arguements but Long Pig has me convinced he can screw woth Kheel's guy's mind.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Jul 29th, 2005 04:46 AM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

When did this Ironman thing happen? He wasn't in magic armor was he?

Latest iddue of New Avengers. IM did a scan of a building he was about to walk into, and it identified everyone in there including Strange in astral form.

Originally posted by newjak86
I am going to vote for long pig.
Reasons: I think you guys have both given great arguements but Long Pig has me convinced he can screw woth Kheel's guy's mind.

Wow. Of all the ways I thought I might be losing this debate, I didn't think it would be based on the mental attacks aspect. Oh well.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2005 04:52 AM
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

[QUOTE=4573948]Originally posted by long pig
No molecular motion equals no kenetic energy, therefore your trick won't work. Sorry.

And yet, he's stopped other things with no molecules before Don't be sorry, it WILL work.

Don't try to talk around when you know it's true.

Do me a favor and don't tell me what I know. I'm actually convinced I CAN stop you, or I would have tried a different tactic.

Good for him. Astral form doesn't contain electrons. It contains no atoms, no molecules.

The point is that he's stopped energy before. No matter what kind, your astral form IS energy, and I CAN stop it.

Great, I bet the cosmic being had molecules, didn't he? Yeah he did.

Yes, he was also a cosmic being immune to ALL conventional forms of harm. I'm thinking it would be a little harder to kill him than it would be to just STOP Strange.

You can't steal kinetic energy from something that doesn't make kinetic energy. You'll be too confused and time controlled to try.

Fortunately, you WILL make kinetic energy. And I won't be confused, because I will shrug off your little spells in moments.

You can't really do....anything actually.

Actually, I can do several things. Go back and reread if you're having trouble remembering.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2005 05:01 AM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Originally posted by Khellendros
Wow. Of all the ways I thought I might be losing this debate, I didn't think it would be based on the mental attacks aspect. Oh well.
It's just that you idea assumes that you can overcome his magical attacks. You have shown instances when he concentrated he overcame a few spells from low level people but that is it. From what you say he isn't immune and that he has to focus to overcome it. Strange is no slouch as Sorceror Upreme and the number of Magical Attacks he has to overcome means he could focus on all of them. But it is still close I could still change my vote.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Jul 29th, 2005 05:08 AM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Until Malestrom starts absorbing kinetic energy of magic souls and thought, your point isn't valid.

No molecules means no kinetic energy, I keep telling you this.

You keep saying "Well, he's controlled energy before".
What kind of energy? When? Where? How? The energy he absorbed CAME from kinetic motion, Astral form does not, can not create kinetic motion.

Who says Astral form is energy?
Magneto can't sense it, the Fantastic Four's energy sensors that protect their building can't sense it.....but Ironman can?
It's doubtful.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Jul 29th, 2005 05:10 AM
Digi
Forum Leader

Hmm...4-1 lp right now.

Keep voting though if you're reading this and haven't voted.

-DM

Old Post Jul 29th, 2005 03:19 PM