KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » Could Batman Actually Happen??

Could Batman Actually Happen??
Started by: DigiMark007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Renegade-agent
Pink is ze new black

LOL,jeez batman might be possible ,but i seriously doubt of the billionaire pretty boys would do it,after all they could mess up their hair.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2005 11:09 AM
Renegade-agent is currently offline Click here to Send Renegade-agent a Private Message Find more posts by Renegade-agent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Drache53
Zombie Hunter

Get one of them to fund the people that would do it.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2005 09:24 PM
Drache53 is currently offline Click here to Send Drache53 a Private Message Find more posts by Drache53 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Drache53
Zombie Hunter

I mean, really, ONE billionaire has to be a comic-book fan and willing to do something about all the crime that's going on in the world. I'm bout to hit up Bill Gates for some cash. lol

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2005 09:26 PM
Drache53 is currently offline Click here to Send Drache53 a Private Message Find more posts by Drache53 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kieralinn

quote: (post)
Originally posted by 420
I forgot the "if" in my last pots..."If I was a billionaire"...Damned alcohol...

laughing

Old Post Aug 24th, 2005 08:10 AM
Kieralinn is currently offline Click here to Send Kieralinn a Private Message Find more posts by Kieralinn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kieralinn

Originally posted by 420
Did I just spell "Post" as "pots"...damned weed...I'm going now

smokin'

Old Post Aug 24th, 2005 08:15 AM
Kieralinn is currently offline Click here to Send Kieralinn a Private Message Find more posts by Kieralinn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Yogurt

Thanks Kieralinn...Been on this sight for a while now...And you are the first person to actually quote something I've said. Nice to know someone is listening, well...er..um reading...

Old Post Aug 25th, 2005 03:54 PM
420 is currently offline Click here to Send 420 a Private Message Find more posts by 420 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sevenman

Just do it. I want some mother ****er out there who wants to commit suicide or do some crazy shit to waste their lives better : become Batman. Do you know how ****ing awesome it would be do see some man is a military TRULY realistic Batman costume stop some gangsta die pig die bling bling thug? ****ING AWESOMe. It'd be all over the news with security cameras and shit and be all over the internet. If I ever did that thopuh I'd be all over the school telling all my girls "IM BATMAN!" "IM BATMAN!".

THAD BE FUNNY IF THEY GOT ARRESTED.

Homer: Batman's a scientist.
Marge: IT'S NOT BATMAN!

Old Post Aug 26th, 2005 01:30 PM
sevenman is currently offline Click here to Send sevenman a Private Message Find more posts by sevenman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bat Dude
In God I Trust

Batman already happened in New York. Here is the article...

An obsessed crimefighter is roaming the streets of New York City at night beating up burglars, muggers and drug dealers — while wearing a costume just like the movie superhero Batman!

“This fellow is a one-man vigilante team,” a police insider said. “Last week he broke into a crack house and beat the hell out of a couple of well-known drug dealers.

“We have a dozen witnesses who have seen the fellow in the last two weeks and they all say the same thing: The guy’s a bodybuilder, he’s dressed up in a black outfit with a cape and wears a mask just like Batman wore in the movies.”

The mysterious figure’s most highly publicized act of heroism came last week when he broke up an armed robbery at a fast-food restaurant, knocking out two would-be robbers in the process. “When our officers arrived on the scene one of the thieves was unconscious and the other was so groggy that he didn’t know where he was,” the police source said. “This Batman fellow had worked them over pretty good.”

Officials are unsure how to deal with the crimefighter, who has gained a devoted cult following in some New York neighborhoods. “Our problem is that this guy is breaking the law, but if we throw him in jail we’ll look like the bad guys,” the anonymous policeman said.

“But we can’t allow him to go around making his own laws. And the fact that he wears a superhero costume shows that he is probably mentally unstable.”

Police psychologists say the real-life Batman fits the profile of an angry crime victim who is fighting back.

“You see this a lot when someone has been victimized. But this guy is obviously obsessed in a twisted, almost frightening kind of way. It appears he truly believes he is Batman.”

Witnesses say the Batman is highly skilled in the martial arts and has no trouble overpowering the criminals he attacks. “One couple said they were being mugged when the Batman jumped out from behind a tree, kicked the gun from the mugger’s hand, put him into a headlock and rammed him into a tree.”

“But in that case, as always, by the time the police got there the Batman was gone.”

It's from http://gentlenews.com/archives/2003...he-real-batman/http://gentlenews.com/archives/2003...he-real-batman/

Old Post Sep 4th, 2005 10:54 PM
Bat Dude is currently offline Click here to Send Bat Dude a Private Message Find more posts by Bat Dude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kieralinn

I'd just like to say...there are real heroes out there right now. All the rescuers in the areas affected by Katrina.....

The guy i am seeing is one of them. He is in New Orleans right now and it is hell on earth down there. I am very proud of him and miss him terribly.

That 2003 artilce about the guy in NY? That's just AWESOME! rock

Old Post Sep 5th, 2005 07:59 AM
Jargon343

The cops would probably catch him pretty quick. You don't just dress up in a suit and go around beating the shit out of people and get away with it, even if the people are crooks. The first time he used the batmobile would be his last, the police choppers and cars would be all over him. He'd be wanted for numerous counts of assualt and battery.

Not only that, but if you spend enough time kicking people in the face, eventually you'd end up killing one of them...then our Batman would be wanted for murder. In the end though, even if he miraculously managed to avoid the police, he wouldn't be able to take on more than one or two fairly in shape guys at once...that's just how it works in comics and movies. Three or more thugs get the drop on him and he'd be dead.

Perhaps a group of Batmen, working like ninjas, would be possible for a short while. But again, it's just a matter of time before one of them chews a bullet, no matter how good they are. And in real life, leaving bodies lying around is much more of a problem then it is in comicbook world.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2005 05:20 AM
Jargon343 is currently offline Click here to Send Jargon343 a Private Message Find more posts by Jargon343 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jargon343

Originally posted by Bat Dude
Batman already happened in New York. Here is the article...

An obsessed crimefighter is roaming the streets of New York City at night beating up burglars, muggers and drug dealers — while wearing a costume just like the movie superhero Batman!

“This fellow is a one-man vigilante team,” a police insider said. “Last week he broke into a crack house and beat the hell out of a couple of well-known drug dealers.

“We have a dozen witnesses who have seen the fellow in the last two weeks and they all say the same thing: The guy’s a bodybuilder, he’s dressed up in a black outfit with a cape and wears a mask just like Batman wore in the movies.”

The mysterious figure’s most highly publicized act of heroism came last week when he broke up an armed robbery at a fast-food restaurant, knocking out two would-be robbers in the process. “When our officers arrived on the scene one of the thieves was unconscious and the other was so groggy that he didn’t know where he was,” the police source said. “This Batman fellow had worked them over pretty good.”

Officials are unsure how to deal with the crimefighter, who has gained a devoted cult following in some New York neighborhoods. “Our problem is that this guy is breaking the law, but if we throw him in jail we’ll look like the bad guys,” the anonymous policeman said.

“But we can’t allow him to go around making his own laws. And the fact that he wears a superhero costume shows that he is probably mentally unstable.”

Police psychologists say the real-life Batman fits the profile of an angry crime victim who is fighting back.

“You see this a lot when someone has been victimized. But this guy is obviously obsessed in a twisted, almost frightening kind of way. It appears he truly believes he is Batman.”

Witnesses say the Batman is highly skilled in the martial arts and has no trouble overpowering the criminals he attacks. “One couple said they were being mugged when the Batman jumped out from behind a tree, kicked the gun from the mugger’s hand, put him into a headlock and rammed him into a tree.”

“But in that case, as always, by the time the police got there the Batman was gone.”

It's from http://gentlenews.com/archives/2003...he-real-batman/http://gentlenews.com/archives/2003...he-real-batman/

Heh, buddy check the source for that story...The Weekly World News laughing

Old Post Sep 6th, 2005 05:26 AM
Jargon343 is currently offline Click here to Send Jargon343 a Private Message Find more posts by Jargon343 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bat Dude
In God I Trust

You laughin' at me? If the people have seen him, how can you know they're lying? Answer that, junior! Oh and I think I owe you this for laughing at me....*punches invisible Jargon343* lol, jk. but don't laugh at me for such a little unawareness.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2005 09:42 PM
Bat Dude is currently offline Click here to Send Bat Dude a Private Message Find more posts by Bat Dude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
OB1-adobe

No, you would be the joke of the town.

Headlines:
"Nerd running around town thinking he is batman"

Become your own superhero.

Oh and just a word of advice: if you are surrounded by thugs, keep in mind they don't take turns attacking so you can make a cool move like in the movies, they come at you at once making cheap shots, and the next thing you know you are lying on the grown in your homemade batsuit groaning just in time for some reporter with a camera to catch you and go "What a Scoop!"

next day headlines:

"local batman, or nerd if you will, is a p*ssy"

Oh and for some reason I have a hard time beleiving people with money would really care to do such a thing. "I kind of feel like becoming batman, but screw it, lets go buy jet skis."

Oh and BatDude, find a copy of that article that isn't attached to a message board or some lame website. It sound more like one of those joke newspapers like, THE ONION.

Last edited by OB1-adobe on Sep 10th, 2005 at 10:24 PM

Old Post Sep 10th, 2005 10:13 PM
OB1-adobe is currently offline Click here to Send OB1-adobe a Private Message Find more posts by OB1-adobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

I don't care how great a shape a person is in, the immense amount of physical power required and the feats involved--as typically depicted--would wear down the toughest person relatively fast. That's what was so cool about, Kingdom Come was it? With an older Bruce depicted as nearly crippled by all the years of being Bat. Anyway, research any great athlete, and you will find a host of injuries along the way to greatness, which is itself typically short-lived, a few years tops.
As for his motivation: that can be as much a liability as an asset. It can push you or drain you. Yeah, I think Batman is possible, but not as a career.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2005 01:29 AM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bat Dude
In God I Trust

Batman could be a one time thing, like revenge on a murderer, revenge on robber of most loved object, etc.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 08:55 PM
jplatinum
Restricted

Account Restricted

Digi there are already some batman level people in real life.

Jackie chan,
tony jaa,
jet li (just not quite as strong, but still hella strong for a little guy)
Bruce Lee (god rest his soul was the man,dude.)
Mike reeves(iska breaking champion)
The gracies (some bad motha****as)
billy chow(see fist of legend, he actually broke all those things, no cheap trick.)
mark decascas( see drive)
Matt Furey ( he is a motha****in' monster, dude.)
and some more.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2005 09:40 PM
jplatinum is currently offline Click here to Send jplatinum a Private Message Find more posts by jplatinum Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediMasterLuke5
Superman is a god

First if you wanted to become as close as you could to Batman you would have to....
Be able to Lift 800 lbs (max for any human)
Master Many Martial Arts
Become Filthy Rich
Become even more rich
And what ever I left out

Old Post Sep 28th, 2005 10:38 PM
JediMasterLuke5 is currently offline Click here to Send JediMasterLuke5 a Private Message Find more posts by JediMasterLuke5 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

The chances of some rich man becoming Batman are pretty even. However, if he were to choose to become Batman then it would be just another example of life immitating art. Meaning that the rich guy would base his personality on the premise of the Comic Book Character Batman. Other characters that could become real are the following:

Hush
Scarecrow
Ra's al Ghul
Catwoman
Robin
Batgirl (Not Barbara Gordon)
Lady Shiva
Harvey Bullock
Harley Quinn
Lucius Fox

Characters less likely to become real would be:

Bane
The Joker
Poison Ivy
The Penguin
Black Mask
Killer Croc
James Gordon
Mr Freeze
Clayface

From fiction to real life...drastic changes would happen. But the chances of some actor becoming a clay menace are very slim and next to impossible....maybe somewhere in the future...maybe.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2005 05:45 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jargon343

quote:
Oh and BatDude, find a copy of that article that isn't attached to a message board or some lame website. It sound more like one of those joke newspapers like, THE ONION.

It's from The Weekly World News, like I said. Occassionally a story escapes from it's natural WWN habitat and makes it into normal headlines, scaring everyone with it's presence.

http://www.weeklyworldnews.com/

Old Post Oct 5th, 2005 03:46 AM
I-Drop
Privateer

Re: Could Batman Actually Happen??

Originally posted by DigiMark007
Scenario: I'm a multi-millionaire who's in decent shape and I'm bored. I decide to hire a bunch of personal martial arts trainers (the best money can buy) to train me rigorously for a year or so. Here's where it gets interesting. Anyone who has seen Batman Begins will know more about this. The "smart cloth" that forms his cape actually exists for base-jumpers and other assorted things...it could be used to glide from rooftops. Lightweight bullet-proof Kevlar armor also exists. Some reasonable replacements for batarangs and such could be made easily. Other non-bat-gadgets could complete the arsenal (random grenades and stuff).

Given the money and the will to do it, Batman as we saw him in the movie could actually exist. It would be much harder to accomplish than the movie portrays, but it's well within the realm of possibility....at least I think so.

Thought? Musings? Confessions of "I am Batman" or "Damn, you ruined my plan Digi..."?? Discuss...

-DM
Not impossible, but you'd need a better mask that covers your entire face(see Nighthawk from Supreme Power). It'd also be very difficult and dangerous. You'd probably end up in jail or dead. Most likely one and then the other

Old Post Oct 5th, 2005 05:12 AM
I-Drop is currently offline Click here to Send I-Drop a Private Message Find more posts by I-Drop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote