KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » Could Batman Actually Happen??

Could Batman Actually Happen??
Started by: DigiMark007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

I remember seeing something on tv (Discovery or History) where they asked this question. They seemed to think it could be done with 15-20 years of training and crap load of money but it would be so demanding that the "Batman" would only have a shelf life of 3-5 years.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Jan 9th, 2009 12:02 AM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Warrior18
Keyboard Warrior

quote: (post)
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
I remember seeing something on tv (Discovery or History) where they asked this question. They seemed to think it could be done with 15-20 years of training and crap load of money but it would be so demanding that the "Batman" would only have a shelf life of 3-5 years.

I once found a link that said just that. Will try to find it again.

edit.
http://www.sciam.com/article.cfm?id...-bat&sc=rss

Last edited by Warrior18 on Jan 9th, 2009 at 03:50 AM

Old Post Jan 9th, 2009 03:44 AM
Warrior18 is currently offline Click here to Send Warrior18 a Private Message Find more posts by Warrior18 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

Impossible.

If it happened they would function at a level that the wannabe Batmen did at the start of The Dark Knight.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2009 09:41 AM
Placidity is currently offline Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Traction

^ Doubtful. This is with training, keep in mind.

I think it's possible but like has been said many times over, you wouldn't be the Batman for long.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2009 10:14 AM
Traction is currently offline Click here to Send Traction a Private Message Find more posts by Traction Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

No its not possible because the feats that Batman does are inhuman even though he is "human" in the comics.

Special forces operators have been in that field their whole life training in many aspects (demonlition, counter terrorism, air/sea insertion, CQB, etc), and they'll never be able to come close to what Batman can do.

Aside from how impossible it is to achieve Batman's level of fitness, skill and coordination, theres also aspect of...

What type of crime would Batman fight? This isn't Gotham where you lurk around enough, he'll stumble on some sort of major crime plot.

Ok, what if we talk about smaller scale crimes, like a robbery or something. Well, by the Batman is alerted, he'll need to travel there, which could far, and by the time he gets there, the cops would've done the job. Also, he has to avoid the COPS as well.

Also, it's just too easy for anyone to tail Batman's Batmobile back to his house.

In real life "Batman" would just be lurking around the shadows for rooftops night after night without any drama.

Theres also no way Batman could drop into a gang of armed thuggs and take them all out using martial arts, he would get shot in the face.

My post isn't well structured, if at all because I'm just typing as it comes out of my head. There's still many more reasons why Batman isn't possible which I'll think about later...

Old Post Jan 10th, 2009 12:36 PM
Placidity is currently offline Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carnage52
Restricted

Account Restricted

i am in biology at the moment everyone in my school knows that he is the goddaman batman

Old Post Jan 15th, 2009 09:33 AM
carnage52 is currently offline Click here to Send carnage52 a Private Message Find more posts by carnage52 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carnage52
Restricted

Account Restricted

by that i meant my biology teacher here is a pic

Attachment: copy of sexy_times.jpg
This has been downloaded 164 time(s).

Old Post Jan 15th, 2009 09:34 AM
carnage52 is currently offline Click here to Send carnage52 a Private Message Find more posts by carnage52 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

^^

W-what...?

Old Post Jan 15th, 2009 09:39 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by carnage52
by that i meant my biology teacher here is a pic

0:35 - 0:38

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mafA8WbeRXk

Old Post Jan 15th, 2009 05:34 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
catman 48
King of cats

If batman could happen then couldn't the green arrow happen?

Old Post Feb 5th, 2009 04:54 PM
catman 48 is currently offline Click here to Send catman 48 a Private Message Find more posts by catman 48 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

Digi, if you'll try to use the "smart-cloth" to get from one rooftop to another you're gonna live a BIIIIG red stain on a pavement...

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2009 11:22 PM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

a dude running around pretending to be a bat? sure it can happen.......but only in parties with LOTS of drinks!

Old Post Feb 8th, 2009 03:47 PM
Sado22 is currently offline Click here to Send Sado22 a Private Message Find more posts by Sado22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
witteuil

i am sorry but if i would not off read it somewhere i wouldnot belive it.
Falling in a group of thugs with only a sword and dodge all the bullets and slay al the tugs. Sounds impossible i would had of say but i read about the agent of The usa Who is only using a catana and is walking in gun fire without any fear. (batman like? )

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2009 01:55 AM
witteuil is currently offline Click here to Send witteuil a Private Message Find more posts by witteuil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Sado22
a dude running around pretending to be a bat? sure it can happen.......but only in parties with LOTS of drinks!

as well as in insane asylums

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2009 07:18 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Originally posted by srankmissingnin

Yeah that might explain why "Batman the movie" and "Batman Returns" Batman was a edgy and badass, yet after five years, he becomes a pussy, goes all neon and shacks up with a young boy who joins him for dressing up games and fighting low grade opponents like Schwarzegger's Mr.Freeze et al in his next two movies.. sad

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2009 03:28 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Yeah that might explain why "Batman the movie" and "Batman Returns" Batman was a edgy and badass, yet after five years, he becomes a pussy, goes all neon and shacks up with a young boy who joins him for dressing up games and fighting low grade opponents like Schwarzegger's Mr.Freeze et al in his next two movies.. sad

Batman and Robin has been the worst in the franchise..

Besides, if someone were to actually create some sort of rubber/kevlar suit and than fight crime with his martial arts training he must be truly skilled at evading bullets which is very hard to to do in the real world

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2009 06:35 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Batman and Robin has been the worst in the franchise..

Besides, if someone were to actually create some sort of rubber/kevlar suit and than fight crime with his martial arts training he must be truly skilled at evading bullets which is very hard to to do in the real world
If he is doing it right he wont have to evade bullets.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2009 06:40 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Mindset
If he is doing it right he wont have to evade bullets.

thats true..

plus he would need to make sure that his secret does not get out unless he trusts someone to keep it

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2009 06:45 PM
Zepxyon

Originally posted by TheFlash
...First off, who asked if Batman's VILLAINS could be real? Most of them cannot. I guess you are reffering to Rah's Al Gul and Mr. Freeze? A 'Joker' type character is possible, though, for there are homicidal maniacs out there as you all know. Then, a guy who owns a group of ninjas...? What are YOU talking about? In some parts of Asia there still are people who follow the Bushido code of the Samurai or other forms of Martial Arts. So, yes. Batman is still possible. Cities full of crime and slums, such as New York or Los Angeles, can be the 'real' Gotham City.

Detroit has some of the highest crime ever

Old Post Aug 5th, 2009 08:58 AM
Zepxyon is currently offline Click here to Send Zepxyon a Private Message Find more posts by Zepxyon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ADarksideJedi
Jackie Malfoy

It would be cool but most likly it will never happen.

Morning Glory, ,DamienB(my busband),Spoonly,Tired hiker!a1hsauce,Coucil#13,Kongudude,Scottie,Syren
Killa420,miroku,sanctuary,mairuzu,
KILLA4,JacopexLethalfemme,LadyGrim,ashle,Mišt,oman
32,Scythe,DebbieJo,DeathReaperr,Britrogue,Neha,Joe
K,Mandos,Wild Cherry,Roland,Rogue Jedi,Jaehskywalker,Lord Kerrigor,ALostSoul,Running Mascara,Raventheonly,NewJak,,Captain Maynard,Sparkly,Dominic Gargone.
Majid86, Rudester.

Old Post Sep 9th, 2010 06:12 PM
ADarksideJedi is currently offline Click here to Send ADarksideJedi a Private Message Find more posts by ADarksideJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote