KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Foreign Cinema » Remake of Lone Wolf and Cub?

Lone Wolf and Cub remake? Thumbs up or thumbs down?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Thumbs up. Lone Wolf could use a fresh coat of paint on an old classic 1 100.00%
Thubs down. Lets awesome samurais rest in peace and awesomeness. 0 0%
Total: 1 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Remake of Lone Wolf and Cub?
Started by: Onikirimaru

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Onikirimaru
Saikyo Soulja

Remake of Lone Wolf and Cub?

Been thinking bout this, would it be cool for someone to remake Lone Wolf and Cub for us? Or would it suck? On one hand, if done right, it might be watchable. With the success of Kill Bill, another good samurai style flick could put the genre on the map. And I would be curious to see it.

On the other hand, do you think they could it as good as the orginal? Probably not. They might start putting their spins on the story, and before you know it Lone Wolf is a middle aged black guy living in the bronx in the year 2055 that finds a mystical sword in a garbage can and goes on a killing spree as a cyborg cop Morgan Freeman tries to stop him.

So, thumbs up, or thumbs down?

"Dunno what your crying for, what did you expect? Im DAN HIBIKI!"

Old Post Jul 30th, 2005 03:07 AM
Onikirimaru is currently offline Click here to Send Onikirimaru a Private Message Find more posts by Onikirimaru Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

It is getting a live action remake by director Darren Aronofsky, look it up.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2005 12:55 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Seriously, I think this is very idiotic. Remake of Lone wolf and Cub is absolutely pointless. There is only one Ogami Itto and that was Wakayama. I hate the idea and I'm sure that if this trendy Shogun's Assasin will be the next in line for a remake. Which is also a pretty stupid idea.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2005 02:42 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gregory
International Sex Symbol

I've never seen the Lone Wolf and Cub movie, only read the comics they were based on. And I don't think the idea of doing another Lone Wolf and Cub movie is pointless, because there were what, twenty-eight volumes of the comic, three or four stories each? It's not like there's a scarcity of material. But ...

quote:
Aronofsky: We're developing Lone Wolf and Cub. It's a fun but very hard piece to adapt. We're turning it into a western. You can't really do a samurai story.

What the hell, people?

Old Post Aug 1st, 2005 03:52 PM
Gregory is currently offline Click here to Send Gregory a Private Message Find more posts by Gregory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
feral cat

... Sergi leone did it with Yojimbo and made Fistfull of dollars and I do think Aronofsky is the best US director, but I think he should not use the Lone wolf and cub title.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2005 04:21 PM
feral cat is currently offline Click here to Send feral cat a Private Message Find more posts by feral cat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I love Arrenofsky, can't wait for this movie.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2005 11:44 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Onikirimaru
Saikyo Soulja

Makeing it into a western? Then I wouldnt really count it as a remake of Lone Wolf and Cub, just like an adaption. You gotta have ninjas and swords and blood gushing y'know what I mean.

"Dunno what your crying for, what did you expect? Im DAN HIBIKI!"

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2005 01:56 PM
Onikirimaru is currently offline Click here to Send Onikirimaru a Private Message Find more posts by Onikirimaru Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote