KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » The Matrix Refelections

The Matrix Refelections
Started by: Morpheus

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Morpheus
The Gospel R3L0AD3D

This essay is the first part of an essay I wrote a couple of weeks ago in which I attempted to explain the story of the matrix trilogy based on the spoken dialogue in the movie. What I missed in many of the matrix interpretations that I have come across on the internet is EVIDENCE for particular views or ideas! I feel that the most important factor in developing an argument for a particular view or offering an interpretive explanation that is open to numerous interpretations (such as the matrix trilogy) is PROOF!
In other words, the interpretation of The Matrix that follows is based on evidence provided in the dialogue. Here and there I may go out on a limb, but I have tried to keep myself within limits of wild speculation by sticking to what people say in the movie or to what we see happen on screen.
So, cookies are cookies and not ‘upgrade programs’ as some people have suggested because nobody in the movies (not even the Oracle) refers to these cookies as any type of ‘upgrade program’. Zion is not a matrix-within-a-matrix because no character in the entire trilogy mentions a single word about such an onion-like or shell-like structure.
Seraph is not a previous ‘One’, because although there are hints from the Merovingian: “angel without wings”, it is not convincing enough because the Merovingian never mentions it explicitly (nor anyone else for that matter). Although there are hints from the Oracle on the Merovingian being a former One: “the Merovingian is an old, primitive program who has been here since the beginning” and from Persephone: “he was once like you [Neo]”, these pieces of dialogue are not convincing enough to suggest that the Merovingian indeed was a former One.>>from>vader519

She doesn't quite chop your head off. She makes a Pez dispenser out of you.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2005 08:23 PM
Morpheus is currently offline Click here to Send Morpheus a Private Message Find more posts by Morpheus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morpheus
The Gospel R3L0AD3D

Part 2 of the Matrix Explained
The Matrix Explained
Agent programs have tracked down the whereabouts of the new integral anomaly within the sixth version of the Matrix. The systemic anomaly is identified as Thomas Anderson who, next to his work as a software engineer, is also a renowned computer hacker who goes by the alias name of Neo.
After a visit by some cyber friends, Thomas decides to follow the white rabbit to a dance club. At the club, he meets Trinity whom, just like him, is also is a renowned computer hacker. What Thomas doesn’t realize yet is that the Oracle has already told Trinity that she would eventually fall in love with him and that he would later become the One. She offers to help him find the answer to “the question that drives us” by introducing him to Morpheus.
During their meeting, Morpheus describes the Matrix to Neo as a “prison for your mind”, a world that has been “pulled over your eyes to blind him from the truth that you are a slave”. He also confirms his belief that Thomas/Neo is the One and offers him a way out of the Matrix in the form of a red pill to see just “how deep the rabbit hole goes”.
Upon taking the red pill, Neo is reborn into the real world of Zion and is eventually located and picked up by the crew of the Nebuchadnezzar. Morpheus later tells Neo of his knowledge of the 23 individuals selected by the previous One to start the Human Resistance for the sixth time: “When the Matrix was first built, there was a man born inside who had the ability to change whatever he wanted, to remake the Matrix as he saw fit. It was he who freed the first of us and taught us the truth.”
In his first fight with Morpheus in the sparring program, Neo learns that the Matrix is a world of ideas in which “certain rules can be bent, others can be broken”. This is a lesson that would later be repeated by the little boy at the Oracle’s house when he says “it is not the spoon that bends, it is only your mind”. In another training program, Morpheus describes the Agent programs as “the gatekeepers between the program world of the Matrix and the real world of Zion”. But because their “strength and speed are still based in a world that is built on rules”, Morpheus believes Neo will be able to defeat them, once Neo learns and masters this important lesson.

.>>from>vader519

Old Post Aug 27th, 2005 08:24 PM
Morpheus is currently offline Click here to Send Morpheus a Private Message Find more posts by Morpheus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morpheus
The Gospel R3L0AD3D

Part 3
After Cypher strikes a deal with Agent Smith, the crew of the Nebuchadnezzar enter the Matrix so that Neo can meet with the Oracle. The Oracle knows that because Neo does not believe in fate, his actions will only partly be governed by the information the Oracle provides him concerning the course of future events. Getting Neo to the Source would depend largely on his own realizing that he is indeed the One –“Temet Nosce”. In addition, because Neo likes to believe that he is “in control of his own life”, the Oracle realizes that the path to the Source should not be one that is void of free will and choice. She therefore tells Neo “you’re going to have to make a choice”, knowing very well that this choice will later be governed by his belief or skepticism about him being the One or not.
When the crew of the Nebuchadnezzar return to their exit point, they witness a glitch in the Matrix and realize that they are being followed by Agents. Eventually, Cypher betrays their whereabouts within the building and Morpheus is forced to sacrifice himself in order to save Neo. Cypher is first to exit the Matrix and while the others are waiting to exit back into the Nebuchadnezzar, he shoots Dozer and Tank. While talking to Trinity, Cypher unplugs Apoc and Switch and kills them since “the body cannot live without the mind”.
Meanwhile, back in the world of the Matrix, Agent Smith tells Morpheus of the history of the Matrix. He describes humans as viruses that “multiply and spread from one place to the next”. After Cypher is killed, Tank suggests to “pull the plug” on Morpheus to prevent him from giving up the “access codes to Zion’s mainframe computer”. Just before Tank is about to pull the plug, Neo suddenly remembers what the Oracle told him about the choice that he would have to make.
After gathering weapons and ammunition from the Matrix construct program, Neo and Trinity jack into the Matrix and set out to save Morpheus.

.>>from>vader519

Old Post Aug 27th, 2005 08:25 PM
Morpheus
The Gospel R3L0AD3D

Part of the Matrix Explained
Here is the 4th and final part of the essay. I hope you like it.

After saving Morpheus and Trinity, Neo is shot several times by Agent Smith when he enters room 303 in search of an exit. While lying dead, Trinity confesses her love for him, kisses him and revives him.
After Neo realizes that he is not dead, he is temporarily able to see the ‘code’ of the Matrix and merges with Agent Smith who then shatters into green light. By going through the death-and-rebirth cycle, Neo has awakened to a higher level of spirituality. Neo later hints towards his heightened consciousness of the world of programs when he says “I can feel you now, I know that you’re afraid, afraid of us, you’re afraid of change.

.>>from>vader519

Old Post Aug 27th, 2005 08:26 PM
Morpheus
The Gospel R3L0AD3D

closed

coming soon>>

(please log in to view the image) 5/15/06

(please log in to view the image) 11/05/06

Old Post Sep 5th, 2005 04:42 PM
dgeniu

Hmm... I have to agree that the first movie is the best of the series, being very explicit and also deep. But, if Neo has passed through the lie-death-rebirth cycle, then what happens to him in part three, the final acene? I have alway been puzzled as to its hidden meaning....I`m reffering of course at the scene when the little girl shows the Oracle the rising li9ght at the horizon - now, as I understood it, that light wasn`t the sun rising, because the sky was blue and there was plenty of daylight around, indicating that the day had already begun. This, combined with the Oracle`s answer "I think we will see him(Neo) again." lead me to believe that Neo had become a sort of luminous being, reaching a far superior stat of existence than any of them as a result of his many trials throughout the trilogy. By the way, wasn`t the Matrix supposed to be destroyed? How come the Oracle and the Architect (if I`m not mistaking) were there?

Old Post Sep 19th, 2005 12:52 PM
dgeniu is currently offline Click here to Send dgeniu a Private Message Find more posts by dgeniu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dgeniu

Just remembered that the girl made the lightshow for Neo... But wait - how come she has powers?

Old Post Sep 26th, 2005 11:45 AM
dgeniu is currently offline Click here to Send dgeniu a Private Message Find more posts by dgeniu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote