KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » X-Men » best women for cyclops

who?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
emma frost 27 34.62%
jean grey 43 55.13%
maddy 3 3.85%
psylocke 5 6.41%
Total: 78 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

best women for cyclops
Started by: spiderboy5

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

But Jean isnt the one who has commited adultery and abandoned her responsibilities to her son and spouse. I dont need to make excuses for Jean. At the end of the here comes tomorrow story arc cyclops was about to abandon yet another woman who loved him, this time emma. However Jean who as Phoenix could see the future saw that he would die a lonely, broken man so she altered cyclops actions she made him stay with emma and the Xmen out of love. Despite his betrayal. You have nothing against Jean i need make to no excuses.

Him abandoning his wife and flesh and blood for a second shot with an ex is just inexcusable. Especially when you consider that he didnt even know if he could get back with Jean, he just heard she was stillaround and dropped everything. I as a man would never do that to my wife and my flesh and blood. Cyclops is a coward, he is extremely selfish as has been shown time and time again. He's a good leader, a good Xman but as a man he doesnt cut it and desrves nothing but contempt.

What do you mean he wanted attention? Jean was acting normally, just how she always did with Cyclops however his needs and desires had changed and Jean through no fault of her own wasnt fulfilling Cyclops new seedier desires, she didnt know about them because he didnt tell her, therefore her not catering to his needs is completely his own fault. Not having his seedier thought sand desires satisfied he went looking for someone who could "sort him out" and he found that someone in the whore that is emma frost. He committed adultery through cowardice. There is no excuse for his actions. Cyclops is a pathetic man.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2005 05:54 PM
GalacticStorm is currently offline Click here to Send GalacticStorm a Private Message Find more posts by GalacticStorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
[B]But Jean isnt the one who has commited adultery and abandoned her responsibilities to her son and spouse.

she kissed logan... what cyclops did was a mistake... one he learned from... to err is human...

quote:
I dont need to make excuses for Jean. At the end of the here comes tomorrow story arc cyclops was about to abandon yet another woman who loved him, this time emma. However Jean who as Phoenix could see the future saw that he would die a lonely, broken man so she altered cyclops actions she made him stay with emma and the Xmen out of love. Despite his betrayal. You have nothing against Jean i need make to no excuses.

he was leaving the x-men, not emma in particular... phoenix was the only thing that would make him stay...

your kidding? nothing on jean... right...so kissing logan is inadmissable? killing millions of people is nothing either right?

quote:
Him abandoning his wife and flesh and blood for a second shot with an ex is just inexcusable.

She was more than his ex, and you know that... inexcusable to you, not to me...

quote:
Especially when you consider that he didnt even know if he could get back with Jean, he just heard she was stillaround and dropped everything. I as a man would never do that to my wife and my flesh and blood.

Thats you... and how can you know without being in that position?

quote:
Cyclops is a coward, he is extremely selfish as has been shown time and time again. He's a good leader, a good Xman but as a man he doesnt cut it and desrves nothing but contempt.

Coward? selfish? Bullshit... He's given his life to making Xaviers dream a possibility... he was willing to sacrifice his life to stop apocalypse, and he gave up his only son so that he may live...

quote:
What do you mean he wanted attention? Jean was acting normally, just how she always did with Cyclops however his needs and desires had changed and Jean through no fault of her own wasnt fulfilling Cyclops new seedier desires

Seedier? Oh no, he has a fetish... he'd just had one of the most eveil beings on the planet invade his mind, i'll bet he was real sorry to be an inconvenience...

quote:
she didnt know about them because he didnt tell her, therefore her not catering to his needs is completely his own fault.

he's never told her, thats what their psychic bond is for...

quote:
Not having his seedier thought sand desires satisfied he went looking for someone who could "sort him out" and he found that someone in the whore that is emma frost. He committed adultery through cowardice. There is no excuse for his actions. Cyclops is a pathetic man.

I get the impression you just really hate emma... and cyclops for even being attracted to her in the first place...

jean kissed logan, thats adultery too...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Aug 7th, 2005 06:03 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

No PR he was leaving Emma and the Xmen. Yet again he was abandoning someone who loved him because he couldnt deal with the situation and he was feeling sorry for himself. Jean saw into the future saw that as a result of those actions he would die a lonely, broken man and despite his betrayal, she saved him, she kept him together with the woman he cheated on her with. "Live Scott, Live" I always die on you anyway" How did Cyclops learn from his mistake? He abandoned his wife and kids for a second shot with his ex, even though Jean had said nothing about getting back with him, he just found out she was alive and he ran off to see her abandoning his family for nothing basically. For an uncertainty. Yet he didnt care as long as he followed his heart everything else didnt matter. After doing that he again betrayed his loved ones by committing adultery with Emma Frost, after he felt guilty about Jeans death, he couldnt deal with his grief and guilt and feeling sorry for himself abandoned Emma and the Xmen. It was Jean who changed his actions out of love for Cyclops. Otherwise Emma would have been just another girl added to the list of those who loved and were betrayed by Cyclops. Yeah it really sounds like he learned from his mistake.

PR, for one i would not make promises and life long commitments to a woman just because she reminds me of my ex. Thats sick and he's clearly disturbed. I would not then abandon my wife and my own flesh and blood for a potential relationship with my ex. Jean may have been his first love, but that's a point that helps you understand why he did what he did but it far from excuses his terrible actions.

At the end of the day, he never let Jean know about his darker seedier desires through fear. He'd just been posessed these darker thoughts would be understandable and as a family unit they could have worked through it, but Cyclops never gave her the chance. Rather cowardly he went to Emma which meant his seedy feelings didnt have to be revealed to his wife. He opted out of tackling the situation head on, he took the easy way out. Jean acted as she always acted and she loved Cyclops. He then betrayed her which isnt surprising given his track record.

Theres no whatsoever excuse for abandoning your wife and newborn son. How can you say that PR? You can understand why he did it but that doesnt make it right and it doesnt excuse away what he did. Thats not debatable.

Like i said he is a good leader, a good Xman but as a man when he's dealing with real life, his relationships, he has shown himself time and time again to be weak and cowardly.

The psychic bond doesnt work if Cyclops is hiding his thoughts from Jean. As Jean said she knew he was in a vulnerable position after the posession. So she didnt press him or pry. It was up to him to talk when he was ready. He betrayed her thats that. You can understand why but you cant excuse it.

I dont hate Emma at all. I actually have her entire series. Its actually rather enjoyable, i like her character. That doesnt make her a nice person though does it. I dislike Cyclops because of his cowardice and his inability to deal with his personal feelings. He hides away in his work as an Xman, through his work he doesnt have to confront his feelings. He has time and time again betrayed those who loved him, he's terrible in relationships. When he cant deal with all the emotion inherent in relationships instead of tackling the situation, he looks for a way out or he just calls it a day.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2005 06:38 PM
GalacticStorm is currently offline Click here to Send GalacticStorm a Private Message Find more posts by GalacticStorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

sweet jesus... long post... crazy... stick out tongue

]No PR he was leaving Emma and the Xmen. Yet again he was abandoning someone who loved him because he couldnt deal with the situation and he was feeling sorry for himself.

oh no, his heart was broken... come on... he'd done as much as anyone in the x-men, and he was still getting shafted... everybody has a breaking point...

quote:
Jean saw into the future saw that as a result of those actions he would die a lonely, broken man and despite his betrayal, she saved him, she kept him together with the woman he cheated on her with. "Live Scott, Live" I always die on you anyway"

Betrayal... jeez... you are way too hard on the guy... jean cheated too...

quote:
How did Cyclops learn from his mistake? He abandoned his wife and kids for a second shot with his ex, even though Jean had said nothing about getting back with him, he just found out she was alive and he ran off to see her abandoning his family for nothing basically.

His mistake was leaving... and as much as you love jean your still referring to her as his ex... she was much more than that...

quote:
For an uncertainty. Yet he didnt care as long as he followed his heart everything else didnt matter. After doing that he again betrayed his loved ones by committing adultery with Emma Frost, after he felt guilty about Jeans death, he couldnt deal with his grief and guilt and feeling sorry for himself abandoned Emma and the Xmen. It was Jean who changed his actions out of love for Cyclops. Otherwise Emma would have been just another girl added to the list of those who loved and were betrayed by Cyclops. Yeah it really sounds like he learned from his mistake.

You are kidding... he loves jean, he always has... he's watched her die, what, 3 times? That can kill most men... it broke him... he's not some morally incorruptable superhero, he's just a man, a man with weaknesses, flaws and feelings...

quote:
PR, for one i would not make promises and life long commitments to a woman just because she reminds me of my ex. Thats sick and he's clearly disturbed. I would not then abandon my wife and my own flesh and blood for a potential relationship with my ex. Jean may have been his first love, but that's a point that helps you understand why he did what he did but it far from excuses his terrible actions.

She's his definitive love, she always has been and always will be... to you it may be sick... but try living through it and you may see things differently...

quote:
At the end of the day, he never let Jean know about his darker seedier desires through fear. He'd just been posessed these darker thoughts would be understandable and as a family unit they could have worked through it, but Cyclops never gave her the chance.

Jean was his wife... she didnt do what a wife was supposed to do, support him... seedier... ffs he's no some bloody pervert...

quote:
Rather cowardly he went to Emma which meant his seedy feelings didnt have to be revealed to his wife. He opted out of tackling the situation head on, he took the easy way out. Jean acted as she always acted and she loved Cyclops. He then betrayed her which isnt surprising given his track record.

Bullshit... calling Cyclops a coward... a man even wolverine would take orders from... He went to Emma because for once he was wanted, jean just assumes because she's the phoenix that her human life doesnt have any importance... Cyclops has never been forward about his feelings... and he went through hell at the hands of apocalypse... yet jean didnt push him... the guy is a friggin emotional vault... did she think she could just ask him?

quote:
Theres no whatsoever excuse for abandoning your wife and newborn son. How can you say that PR? You can understand why he did it but that doesnt make it right and it doesnt excuse away what he did. Thats not debatable.

He married her for the wrong rreasons... i never said it was right... but its all good and fine for us to take the high ground... none of us have lived through something like that...

quote:
Like i said he is a good leader, a good Xman but as a man when he's dealing with real life, his relationships, he has shown himself time and time again to be weak and cowardly.

Your forgetting, the x-men is his life, always has been...

and i still can't believe your calling him a coward... seriously...

quote:
The psychic bond doesnt work if Cyclops is hiding his thoughts from Jean. As Jean said she knew he was in a vulnerable position after the posession. So she didnt press him or pry. It was up to him to talk when he was ready. He betrayed her thats that. You can understand why but you cant excuse it.

Talk when he's ready? Crap... he's never talked about his feelings much before... i can excuse that having been in relationships and knowing how hard it can be to express how i feel...

quote:
I dont hate Emma at all. I actually have her entire series. Its actually rather enjoyable, i like her character. That doesnt make her a nice person though does it.

you called her a whore...

quote:
I dislike Cyclops because of his cowardice and his inability to deal with his personal feelings. He hides away in his work as an Xman, through his work he doesnt have to confront his feelings. He has time and time again betrayed those who loved him, he's terrible in relationships. When he cant deal with all the emotion inherent in relationships instead of tackling the situation, he looks for a way out or he just calls it a day.

Betrayed... bullshit... maddie was a set up from the start... jean was gone half the time... calling him a coward is way wide of the mark... He has repsonsibilities... he loves jean with all his heart, yet he has to worry about everything else in his life...

just because he isnt vocal doesnt make him any less a man...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 7th, 2005 06:54 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

All excuses for the character you love. Im not going to tear apart what you said because i dont need to. Cyclops made many mistakes, which can be explained and understood, however they cant be excused. Thats the crux of the matter. Jean didnt support him? What are you talking about out? Thats pathetic. She acted as she always did, she was the loving caring wife she always was. However his encounter with Apocalypse changed him, leaving him with desires which Jean was no longer fulfilling. Thats no fault of Jeans so dont try to put it on her. He hid his feelings from her and he wasnt open because he feared rejection. He took the easy way out and got involved with Emma because he feared Jeans rejection. Wheres Jeans fault in all of that? As she lay dying he broke down through guilt and he apologised for what he did. It seems he can admit he was at fault but thats something you as a fan seems unable or perhaps reluctant to do. Cyclops is a coward he cant deal well with his feelings, he hides away in his work. He is a coward and he was wrong. He admitted he was wrong, put your love for him aside one sec and do the same.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2005 07:27 PM
kimmeh
vixen

Cyclops is a coward he cant deal well with his feelings, he hides away in his work. He is a coward and he was wrong. He admitted he was wrong, put your love for him aside one sec and do the same.

Do you even read Xmen?? Jesus what a myopic view.. I hate to tell ya pal but it takes two to break up a marriage... push away from the computer, leave mama's basement, go live a real life for a while where every choice isnt black & white THEN maybe someone will buy this dribble

Old Post Aug 7th, 2005 10:30 PM
kimmeh is currently offline Click here to Send kimmeh a Private Message Find more posts by kimmeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

Originally posted by bilb
Do you even read Xmen?? Jesus what a myopic view.. I hate to tell ya pal but it takes two to break up a marriage... push away from the computer, leave mama's basement, go live a real life for a while where every choice isnt black & white THEN maybe someone will buy this dribble

I know PR i regularly debate with him, we dont always agree, but we're cool so stop trying to play the hero you're so obviously not away from your PC screen. Dont question whether or not i read Xmen son. If you come to the comic book Vs forum you'll have your answer. Ive stated my view and supported with reference to comic book events therefore making it just as valid as anybody elses contribution. I havent seen anything of note posted by yourself so how the hell do you come off trying to play the big man with me? My post dribble? Pot calling the kettle black comes to mind.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2005 10:59 PM
kimmeh
vixen

I know PR i regularly debate with him, we dont always agree, but we're cool so stop trying to play the hero you're so obviously not away from your PC screen. Dont question whether or not i read Xmen son. If you come to the comic book Vs forum you'll have your answer. Ive stated my view and supported with reference to comic book events therefore making it just as valid as anybody elses contribution. I havent seen anything of note posted by yourself so how the hell do you come off trying to play the big man with me? My post dribble? Pot calling the kettle black comes to mind.

newsflash.. i'm a girl moron.. not so smart after all are you? or do you enjoy being offensive?

Old Post Aug 7th, 2005 11:04 PM
kimmeh is currently offline Click here to Send kimmeh a Private Message Find more posts by kimmeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
munkiesarus
swimming upstream

Right, GalacticStorm and pr, great work. Both very good arguments argued very intelligently.

Bilb, buddy, let's just end it here, the budding flaming about to happen is useless.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2005 11:27 PM
munkiesarus is currently offline Click here to Send munkiesarus a Private Message Find more posts by munkiesarus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kimmeh
vixen

Originally posted by munkiesarus
Right, GalacticStorm and pr, great work. Both very good arguments argued very intelligently.

Bilb, buddy, let's just end it here, the budding flaming about to happen is useless.

I AM A GIRL FFS!!!
and if reason got thru to this *ahem* person, other tactics wouldnt be necessary now would they? and when and if I decide to flame, you'll know it, trust me.. this doesnt come close

Old Post Aug 7th, 2005 11:32 PM
munkiesarus
swimming upstream

I understand you're a girl, bilb. If you're referring to me using "buddy", that's not really a men-only phrase. But whatever, I give up.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2005 11:34 PM
munkiesarus is currently offline Click here to Send munkiesarus a Private Message Find more posts by munkiesarus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kimmeh
vixen

I understand you're a girl, bilb. If you're referring to me using "buddy", that's not really a men-only phrase. But whatever, I give up.

that is what i was referring to, i have just never heard it used as a term regarding a girl before so if you mennt no offense then no worries .... and you'll have to forgive me if I cant just sit idly by as someone is picked apart just for having an opinion....

Old Post Aug 7th, 2005 11:46 PM
munkiesarus
swimming upstream

Both of them are picking each other apart, luv, it's what we enjoy doing. Like GalacticStorm says, [s]he knows pr and they both respect each other's opinions.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2005 11:54 PM
kimmeh
vixen

Both of them are picking each other apart, luv, it's what we enjoy doing. Like GalacticStorm says, [s]he knows pr and they both respect each other's opinions.

yes dear i know, you should come to the Ep 3 section sometime (or at least back when it was worth visiting stick out tongue)

and love the 'luv' happy

Old Post Aug 8th, 2005 12:05 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

All excuses for the character you love. Im not going to tear apart what you said because i dont need to. Cyclops made many mistakes, which can be explained and understood, however they cant be excused.

I thought you knew better... i am no fanboy... i can see all the mistakes Cyclops has made... but yuor crucifying him seems a tad biased...

quote:
Thats the crux of the matter.

To you, not to me...

quote:
Jean didnt support him? What are you talking about out? Thats pathetic. She acted as she always did, she was the loving caring wife she always was.

Yeah, sure... swapping spit with logan, real good behaviour... expecting him to just deal with her being the phoenix... right... easy enough...

quote:
However his encounter with Apocalypse changed him, leaving him with desires which Jean was no longer fulfilling. Thats no fault of Jeans so dont try to put it on her.

I'm not, all im saying is that if he can try and deal with her being a god, then she should try and return the favour...

quote:
He hid his feelings from her and he wasnt open because he feared rejection. He took the easy way out and got involved with Emma because he feared Jeans rejection.

And? the most terrible thing when your in love is fearing that the person who means so much to you may see you in a different light and leave...

quote:
Wheres Jeans fault in all of that? As she lay dying he broke down through guilt and he apologised for what he did. It seems he can admit he was at fault but thats something you as a fan seems unable or perhaps reluctant to do.

I'm not at all... you just seem to be understating jeans involvement... sure cyke f*cked up... but this was the one time Cyke needed her and she didnt step up... i know what its like to be closed off... to fear losing what you care for the most... sure he could have been easier on her, but she could have tried a hell of alot harder...

quote:
Cyclops is a coward he cant deal well with his feelings, he hides away in his work. He is a coward and he was wrong. He admitted he was wrong, put your love for him aside one sec and do the same.

This constant use of the word 'coward' is really annoying... you seem to assume that i am so obsessed with the character that i can't see the truth.. which honestly is a tad insulting...

I am not saying for one second that he's blameless, he f*cked up... but there are two people in every relationship...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 8th, 2005 03:57 PM
Creshosk

Originally posted by bilb
I hate to tell ya pal but it takes two to break up a marriage...
Not always. . .

Someone that walks out on the other without working out the 'why' of their actions is a single person, if the why doesn't involve another person.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2005 04:33 PM
Creshosk is currently offline Click here to Send Creshosk a Private Message Find more posts by Creshosk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Creshosk
Not always. . .

Someone that walks out on the other without working out the 'why' of their actions is a single person, if the why doesn't involve another person.

True... but for that person to leave there had to be something wrong in the first place...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 8th, 2005 04:34 PM
Creshosk

Originally posted by pr1983
True... but for that person to leave there had to be something wrong in the first place...
As an aside I'm not talking about Cyclops here. . .Since Jean did help to break Scott away from Madyline, I mean she didn't try to keep them together after she and Cyke met up.

Anway, if the person who leaves doesn't tell the person they are with (and unforntunatly we don't all have psychic raports) then the person that get's left behind shouldn't be held at fault.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2005 04:49 PM
Creshosk is currently offline Click here to Send Creshosk a Private Message Find more posts by Creshosk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Creshosk
As an aside I'm not talking about Cyclops here. . .Since Jean did help to break Scott away from Madyline, I mean she didn't try to keep them together after she and Cyke met up.

Anway, if the person who leaves doesn't tell the person they are with (and unforntunatly we don't all have psychic raports) then the person that get's left behind shouldn't be held at fault.

Of course not... but if the person leaves it obviously has a reason to it... nobody just ups and leaves...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 8th, 2005 04:52 PM
Creshosk

Originally posted by pr1983
Of course not... but if the person leaves it obviously has a reason to it... nobody just ups and leaves...
But the reason can be anything really.

If the one who leaves has changed and just can't stand the other person . . .

Or if they feel like they aren't good enough for the person they are leaving. . .

Or if there is a dream they want to persue and feel like by asking the person being left behind that they would be being unfair to them. . .

Or if there is a dream they want to persue and feel like the person being left behind would be a burden. . .

It's an open ended variable. There is a reason, but its still the one person, and by not sharing the concerns it remains one person.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2005 05:12 PM