KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » ragnos vs. reven

ragnos vs. reven
Started by: Luke Is Better

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (15): « First ... « 12 13 [14] 15 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth_Frobo
Jawa hairstylist..of doom

I'm willing to stop this stupid arguement any time dude just check what I've written about possibilities

Old Post Aug 10th, 2005 04:50 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Frobo a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Frobo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth_Frobo
Yes but ancient sith knowledge grew greater over time not lesser (up until sids that is) so some of the knowledge ragnos may have had just not all of it or maybe even most of it.

Knowledge was lost. Things were destroyed. Things weren't properly preserved. A lot of powerful items were destroyed by the Sith Academy on Korriban(Kreia in KOTOR 2). It would be like if there was another world war and 90% of everything on the entire planet was destroyed. Same thing. A lot of knowledge was lost by Revan's time.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2005 05:04 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Glentract a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Glentract Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Frobo

Not necessarily, plaguesis could do insanely more powerful things then sadow (like playing god) and he was much later on, kun and nadd could also do insanely powerful things we don't hear about the ancient sith doing.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2005 05:23 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Frobo a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Frobo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Frobo

i really don't care dude this is going no where unless we come to the previously mentioned truce this thread just won't end.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2005 05:25 PM
Nai
Advocatus Diaboli

Yes but ancient sith knowledge grew greater over time not lesser (up until sids that is) so some of the knowledge ragnos may have had just not all of it or maybe even most of it.

Now Frobo...really...that is simply stupid.

Ragnos reign marked the highest point of Sith knowledge. From that point on it declined. That's a fact. If you don't believe me just watch the Sith history.

Sadow: Most impressive thing done with Sith magic was blow a star up
Nadd: Most impressive thing done with Sith magic was singlehandly defeat the entire army of beast masters on Onderon
Kun: Most impressive things done with Sith magic were freezing the Senate on Coruscant and draining the the lifeforce of hundrets of Massasi

So there is a decline in knowledge and power as you can see. Revan never did something compareable and the most impressive Sith techniques he used were the dark side abilities available in KotoR I. And they are nothing compared to the ability to destroy a star.

"Dear God, what is it like in your funny little brains?"

Old Post Aug 10th, 2005 05:30 PM
Click here to Send Nai a Private Message Find more posts by Nai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Frobo

Originally posted by Nai Fohl
Malak was weaker then Revan and betrayed him.
Sidious was weaker than plagueis and murdered him.
Nihilus and Sion teamed up on Kreia and Kreia was only stronger than Sion.

Still. What's up with that reasoning ? In the Sith Empire after Bane there was only one Dark Lord and one apprentice (Sith Lord). In Ragnos times there was one Dark Lord and at least 20 Sith Lords. And none of them ever tried or at least not succeeded in take him.

Again you call that logic ? We know that Malak was not far inferior to Revan. Yet Malak was not able to kill Kavar when Kavar came to confront him although Kavar had a hard time to escape. Still the fact that he escaped out of a duel tells you that Malak is not far more powerful than him and Revan is not far more powerful compared to Malak. So in conclusion Kavar can't be far inferior to Revan.
Now we see the Exile (DS) defeating 3 Jedi Council members at once in direct combat while Kreia killed them with an (unknown) force attack. So...how powerful they really were ?

There is only one source for Revans dark side knowledge and that is Malachor V while his source for artifacts is Korriban. One planet filled with the knowledge of the ancient Sith Lords and another one filled with artifacts of the ancient Sith Lords. Now Revan did only plunder that stuff.

Oh great. Revan discovered artifacts including the gauntlets of Ragnos. Now that things make him more powerful but don't have an effect on their creators ?

Yes, but he couldn't use them all at once.

So Tarkin has to be powerful enough to blow up stars to control the death star. The only proof you have to be powerful to control the star forge is that many (minor) force users failed to do it. That's like saying: Because a padawan can not do something, Yoda can also not do it.

And still your oppinion is that Revan (plundering the ancient Sith Lords artifacts and learning their knowledge) must be more powerful than the ancient Sith Lords themselves. I still don't get it.

The first point merely shows that the strongest doesn't always rule that's all.

I used the exact same logic you used to support ragnos and it's common sense

Revan hardcore pwns malak, malak>kavar Revan hardcore pwns kavar.
Korriban also had knowledge inside the tombs and such.

Yes ragnos's gauntlets did make him powerful but not as powerful as if he had all the other mentioned artifacts.

The difference between tarkin and Revan is very simple, Revan used the force to use the darkside energies inside the star forge to control a sun, tarkin commanded some troops to press buttons big difference.

My opinion is that Revan has more knowledge (sith knowledge growing not declining) and more artifacts and a large amount of raw potential.

Just admit that we don't know enough about ragnos to find a clear victor and we can end this now

Old Post Aug 10th, 2005 05:36 PM
Darth_Frobo

Originally posted by Nai Fohl
Now Frobo...really...that is simply stupid.

Ragnos reign marked the highest point of Sith knowledge. From that point on it declined. That's a fact. If you don't believe me just watch the Sith history.

Sadow: Most impressive thing done with Sith magic was blow a star up
Nadd: Most impressive thing done with Sith magic was singlehandly defeat the entire army of beast masters on Onderon
Kun: Most impressive things done with Sith magic were freezing the Senate on Coruscant and draining the the lifeforce of hundrets of Massasi

So there is a decline in knowledge and power as you can see. Revan never did something compareable and the most impressive Sith techniques he used were the dark side abilities available in KotoR I. And they are nothing compared to the ability to destroy a star.

Do we know that Ragnos's abilities exceeded sadows? nope its probable but not proven.
So nadd was weaker,
Exar blew up a star and freeze thousands of senators and jedi on couruscant itself that's just as damn impressive
Revan harnessed a sun to make an army
Plageusis Played god which is by far more impressive then anything sadow did

Think of it this way
sadow could throw stars sadow leaves star throwing knowledge behind
nadd leaves knowledge behind on top of sadows
exar leaves knowledge behind on top of sadows and nadds etc.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2005 05:40 PM
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Originally posted by Fishy
Actually Janus although I agree that Ragnos will win, your points here are based on just as much assumptions as that of those that say Revan will win. I find it incedibly funny that everybody uses assumptions mostly based on logic to prove their points and both critize the other for doing it. Yeah there are assumptions about Revan his power there is no doubt about that, but thats because we don't know he did some things because its a game. Everything about Ragnos is an assumption but using a little bit of logical thinking and you could easily come to the right conclusion.

Will do

Lets see, Malak defeated Kavar right? On his own otherwise it would not have been an achievement worth mentioning. So Kavar lost, Kavar was also said to be the most powerful of the Jedi Masters or at least the best fighter. Seeing as the entire army of Revan and Malak existed out of Jedi you can easily assume they were weaker then Kavar even the councillors that joined Revan his army, you can only assume that they would be to scared to move against Malak, who since then probably only became stronger. Same thing goes for Ragnos really now doesn't it. He beats the most powerful therefor he must be the most powerful, others are to scared to move against that and rightfully so.

Ask yourself this, would Canderous consider it honorable if Revan used a billion troops to kill Mandalore, would the Echani talk about Yussanis if his dead was weak? Would people even say how great Revan was by killing the last if he let troops do it? No, of course not. And from all we know about Revan its pretty clear that he always wants to test himself. Always wants to improve, you really can not argue that. So why would he walk away from a great challenge? There is no logic behind it.

There is nothing in Kotor I or Kotor II that claims anything like that, however it is you yourself who has once argued that Revan had his own style, I still agree with that. That style however far from covers all style's thats just freaking impossible.

You are right here there is no proof otherwise..

I never really understood the point of Malachor either, but it corrupts as hell apparently, but the power there at the start of Kotor II is amazing, I mean its that power that made Nihilus and Sion, what that means about Revan? I don't know. Still he resisted the Dark Side of a Dark planet, hardly means anything really.

Well you have his robes, but still... And we don't know if he's alive or dead? Janus come on now thats just weak, we know damn well he is alive. You know as well as I do that Revan was supposed to be in the ending of Kotor II meaning he was still alive at that time. Now you could say that doesn't count because he wasn't there, thats fine but then think of this. The cave, you confront Revan at the very end the last thing the Exile will do of importance or perhaps the last thing he will do. Everything else in that cave already happened, the confrontation with Revan will happen as well, its only logical that it will happen.

For somebody who has played Kotor II nine times I would not have expected this, remember that thing that Kreia says about Revan always being himself, light or dark were just tools for him to reach what he wanted. It really doesn't matter what side Revan is going to be, as long as he stays himself. If he does that his attacks will have the furry and passion in it that they need as well as the control, really I hardly think it matters. Because Revan does not let himself be controlled by either one of the sides, he uses both.

Maybe not, but for all we know Malak could have been as powerful as Exar Kun, based on nothing but its an assumption just like what you said, a very stupid assumption but I have seen plenty of those in this thread.

Kotor I childhood friends, Its said by several people. Including Zak or something who taught Revan so he could know.

That wouldn't explain how the Rakatan used it for many years even after the dead of their first leaders... So what the hell kind of logic is this, the Star Forge was not sabotaged as you claimed in another post, the only one smart enough to do something like that was Revan, and he would have no reason to make the Star Forge so that only he and Malak could use it, saying Malak could never use it was a golden way to make sure he reigned longer.

Seeing Revan is legendaric in his time because of his knowledge you can only assume he's smart, denying this is like denying what Ragnos did is impressive. Simple logic again.

Far from...

All I see happening here is fighting assumptions with assumptions, the funny thing is however is that now the assumptions on Revan are being attacked when most of them have far more credibility then those of Ragnos. Still those few things that we know about Ragnos makes him damn powerful more powerful then Revan. But don't try attacking those assumptions on Revan, as long as i'm around i'll defend them to the end because half of them are made by me and I wouldn't have made them if they didn't make a shit load of sense.

Obviously you didn't get the point. Fishy, I'm as much an advocate for Revan being potentially very good as anyone... But the point I was trying to make here is that almost all of the crap Frobo and Emperor Revan have been lobbing at us IS assumptions! Most of them I arrived at myself months ago! And honestly, they all stand on shaky ground. That's not a debateable truth there... Still, Frobo and Emperor have sat her going round and round in circles trying to show that Ragnos is some total wuss and that Revan is god, when they can't prove to me if Revan is even alive. Now I know as wlel as you do Revan's 99.99999% gonna be in the next sequel. But if you can't prove to me he exists at that point, you can't prove to me he got any stronger than he was at th end of KOTOR I.

Let's me go back over my points and see what I can do...

- Kavar was a notable Jedi master. Vrook outranks him, as does Zhar and Vandar. Kavar was a council member and member of the Jedi guardians, and he was popular as evidenced by Mandalore being surprised it wasn't Kavar leading the armies. But nowhere does it say he is the best. Nowhere. Now you're fighting assumption with assumption.

- I admit your reasoning makes sense. But my point remains... as of now, with what we have... -you cannot know-. And because of that, Revan's validity insofar as accomplishments is about the same as Ragnos'.

- I did argue that he had his own style. I also argued he used Juyo ro Makashi. But the point is I don't know. And my assumptions were made based on one five second reel.

- Malachor V was a potent place, sure. But if you can't prove specifically how it affected Revan, if at all, what good does it make in an argument? And don't give me the "willpower" routine. Nowhere does it say willpower beats opposition in Jedi battles.

- You have Kreia's word on that. Prove up, Fishy. If you must give Kreia's words credibility, than you must concede that Marka Ragnos was an effective ruler who was strong physically and in the Force.

- Malak has shown nothing that is anywhere near on the level of Exar Kun. Speculation. Prove up.

- Again, you have no knowledge on the contrary to say it -wasn't- sabotaged. You also have nothing to go on as far as how powerful each and every person was who attempted to control it. you have a statement from Bastila, and you flew with it. Prove up.

- Revan is legendaric in his own time, basicall forgotten beyond that. Ragnos is legendary even in Luke's time. Your point?

Sorry Fishy, but you singled me out. Now you have to put up or shut up, man. Revan IS good, and I like him. But for the sake of this argument I am going to undermine him and his followers with everything I have simply because they have nothing to stand on.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2005 05:55 PM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nai
Advocatus Diaboli

The first point merely shows that the strongest doesn't always rule that's all.

That's true if:
a) there is only one other person to challange you
b) you can take that person in an "unfair" way

For what we know there were at least 20 persons to challenge Ragnos and he took the title in a fair fight. So this is very much compareable to the circumstances Malak and Sidious received the title of a Dark Lord in.
If Ragnos would have not been the strongest guy there one of the others would have killed them now: What did people like Malak and Sidious have to fear ? Malak had to fear nobody because the only other Sith that could challenge him was Revan himself. Sidious after killing Plagueis had none opponent that could challenge him for his title. If - in the ancient Sith Empire - Person A would have defeated Person B in an "unfair" way (assasination, murder while sleeping and so on) thereby taking the the title of the Dark Lord, the other 19 Sith Lords would have challenged Person B instantly in a fair fight and if Person B wasn't strong enough his title would have been lost. Simple as that. So there was always the strongest one ruling of the ancient Sith Empire because anything else would make no sense.

quote:

Revan hardcore pwns malak, malak>kavar Revan hardcore pwns kavar.
Korriban also had knowledge inside the tombs and such.

Revan hardcore pwns Malak ? Every source says they were close to each other in power. Their battle on the Star Forge is descriped as "epic" and now Revan hardcore pwns Malak ?

And yes...there was knowledge on Korriban - still that is knowledge that was left there by the ancient Sith Lords.

quote:

Yes ragnos's gauntlets did make him powerful but not as powerful as if he had all the other mentioned artifacts.

Now great. Actually this is Ragnos (alive) vs Revan. Now Ragnos comes with his own gauntlets of course (so Revan can't use them the same time) and his uber-powerful Sceptre that can force drain other force users, entire places the force itself, can charge up an entire army of non-force users with enough powers to use lightning and it makes the user more powerful.

Revan is toast...

quote:

My opinion is that Revan has more knowledge (sith knowledge growing not declining) and more artifacts and a large amount of raw potential.

Nice oppinion but I did provide proof that Sith knowledge declined and not increased. So you are obviously wrong in that point. Not that it would matter much since Ragnos with his sceptre (the dumbest invention ever) is pretty much invincible.

"Dear God, what is it like in your funny little brains?"

Old Post Aug 10th, 2005 06:02 PM
Click here to Send Nai a Private Message Find more posts by Nai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Malak was weaker then revan but betrayed him for the throne
Sidious was weaker then plaguesis but did the same
Traya was weaker then nhilus (including his eating ability) yet ruled the three of them.

Revan is repeatedly cited as a powerful warrior as a known fact he beat two tentarak at once when a single one pwns a jedi master so lets see here logic time

Revan>tenterak>jedi master
or
Revan pwns kreia pwns three most powerful masters at once.

You obviously don't know what you're talking about, one of the sidequests is to help lashowe recover a holocron from a tuk'ata mother that holocron is tulaks.

Let's see logic time again Revan learned everything he could from all his sources, malachor=one of his sources.

The force is equally powerful on both sides he would have the same amount of power just in a different form if he was lightside or darkside.

Yeah multiple artifacts:
Tulaks holocron
Tulaks headband
Ragnos's gauntlets
Palls sword
sadows sword

before that there are multiple quotes saying that revan had sith search for and bring many artifacts to him.

Him being alive..truth is I don't really care even if he did die fine so there's someone more powerful then him, a good judge of his power is think kreia then a bit more so on the grounds that he has as much if not more potential then she does and the same if not more knowledge.

Malak and revan were best friends that were together since before the mandalorian wars and being the same age they were probably trained together as well.

You have to be powerful enough to harness a star end of story as far as the star forge is concerned,

He has a lifetime of training from powerful masters learning from the entire jedi archive (kreia says so) and then from malachor and korriban both are planets full of darkside knowledge and according to kreia he learned everything he could and she also said his potential for knowledge was nearly unlimited.

And janus next time you use an ownage picture make sure it's not one you've stolen from the exact person your using it on lol.

- Okay, for the sake of argument, let's assume that you're right, that taking the throne is that easy. How is maintaining it easy for over a century and a half on a planet teeming with greedy, evil Sith? Please, enlighten us.

- Yes indeed. Logic time. For game play mechanics' sake, you fought two terenteks... Also for mechanics sake, you fought dozens of dark jedi and sith, hundreds of troops, and possibly some civilians too. Wow, to think he did all that! Wait... that's assumption based on game play experience. And it's bullshit. I could just as easily say The exile killed thousands of hssiss, since there is an inifinite respawn on Korriban.

- Where is it shown that Kreia is pwned by Revan? Specifically? Prove up

- Well, I must be forgetting things in my advanced age. Am I the only one here who doesn't recall Tulak's holocron being salvaged, considering that the old Sith escaped with it? How could he have it and it be available for you to find in a body somewhere?

- Never says Revan learned everything. Zhar says he has an insatisable thirst for knowledge. Thus with that we can -assume- that he tried to learn everything he could, but since we know nothing of the knowledge that was at Malachor V, nor if he succeeded in gleening every last bit while waging a three year war, it means nothing. Besides... where the hell do you think this knowledge came from? If KOTOR III comes out and Revan uses a Force ability he learned from a Ragnos holocron, I hope you choke on your drink at that moment. Well, not really. But it'd be funny to see.

- If the force is equally powerful on both sides, how come good always seems to barely win? The point is, the light side of the Force does not use aggressive, deadly powers like the dark side does. Light siders do not choke, shock, crush, poison, drain, or otherwise directly harm their opponents if they don't have to. Light siders abide by a code of ethics even in combat. So tell me... what do you have to show that says they are completely and irredeemably equal in anything?

- Again, possible gameplay experience. This is like me saying the exile has Malak's robes, Jolee's robes, Missions' armband, and Freedan Nadd's equipment just because its possible to get all of them in game (And it is). The only artifact even mentioned in the sequel was Ajunta Pall's blade. And that does what exactly? Well, if I argue from game play as you do, I think it does darkside damage or poison, right?

- Where are those multiple quotes? you know obviously. Tell me.

- Again, define lifetime. By all accounts, Revan couldn't have been older than a few decades, seeing as he was a Jedi knight when he went to war. Since the average age of a jedi knight is 25-28, Revan wasn't older than thirty when he left, presumably. And seeing as the Jedi didn't recruit from birth then like they did later, we can't say for certian when he was inducted into the Order. But, for the sake of argument, let's say 11. So from 11 to 30, he got a total of 19 years of experience under the Jedi. So by your logic, every PT jedi master must be better than him, seeing as most were in their late forties and fifties, or older and had been trained since birth. Also, you say Kreia says so. Kreia also supports Ragnos. She also lies. She also says the Exile is the most powerful one she has trained, which would make him more powerful than Revan. Back up Kreia's words, if you will with some insight into her mindset.

- Secondly, define planet FULL of information. For all you know, there could have been five books shelves with three holocrons a piece at Malachor V or Korriban. Point is, you don't know... so you're making wild speculations in order to give Revan that extra boost.

- Where oh where does it say that the Star Forge even controls the sun? I haven't seen that yet. Last time I checked, the Star Forge drew on the Force itself. Maybe the game has changed since I played it. I dunno.

Anyways, here's one of my pics...

Attachment: **** you hammy.jpg
This has been downloaded 49 time(s).

Old Post Aug 10th, 2005 06:12 PM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Frobo

Janus your throwing that stuff out there purley out of spite.

certain things in the game have to be accomplished in order to beat it things like beating two tenatrak.

As for the knowledge we know that both planets had lots of sith knowledge malachor being called a warehouse full of info.

What each side does is irrelevant they both have the same amount of power to fraw from also jedi are not above using darkside techniques should need be:

also for the artifacts revan has to raid at least two tombs (along with other things)to pass the trials

Luke used choke
windu used crush
revan could have used others
exile could have used others

as for keeping the throne there are numerous possibilities all i'm doing is throwing them out there because at the moment we simply don't have enough on ragnos to be able to say that he would win so it's a possibility he would beat revan it's a possibility he won't and you can't prove up and if i try to you'll attack everything I say out of spite, neither of us ultimatley will be able to prove why our charachter would win we'll merely have a list of reasons the other guy wouldn't this is futile no one can win this as we simply don't have enough info on ragnos end of story.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2005 06:26 PM
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Janus your throwing that stuff out there purley out of spite.

certain things in the game have to be accomplished in order to beat it things like beating two tenatrak.

As for the knowledge we know that both planets had lots of sith knowledge malachor being called a warehouse full of info.

What each side does is irrelevant they both have the same amount of power to fraw from also jedi are not above using darkside techniques should need be:

also for the artifacts revan has to raid at least two tombs (along with other things)to pass the trials

Luke used choke
windu used crush
revan could have used others
exile could have used others

as for keeping the throne there are numerous possibilities all i'm doing is throwing them out there because at the moment we simply don't have enough on ragnos to be able to say that he would win so it's a possibility he would beat revan it's a possibility he won't and you can't prove up and if i try to you'll attack everything I say out of spite, neither of us ultimatley will be able to prove why our charachter would win we'll merely have a list of reasons the other guy wouldn't this is futile no one can win this as we simply don't have enough info on ragnos end of story.

I'm not doing this out of spite. I'm frankly sick of you and Emperor Revan carrying on like your the paragons of truth, when your arguments are -as flimsy- as Ragnos', the key difference being their is a better reason to fear and respect Ragnos than there is Revan, personally. Now, I may never convince you and that's okay. But you both have gone way out of your way to contest our decisions and yet have nothing to back it up. You can't even 100% support your own character in ANY fight, seeing as you must make similar assumptions all the time.

Such as...

- The assumption that because you had to do so in game Revan had to do so in the canonical story.

- The assumption that all that "lots of Sith knowledge" helped make Revan even on a level to last twenty seconds with an ancient Sith before his time.

- The assumption that all that knowledge wasn't Ragnos' (Seeing as he did rule for a century and a half)

- The assumption that since you had to raid at least two tombs in game Revan neccessarily HAd to raid them in game and that he found all these artifacts and kept them. And that in assuming he kept them, this means anything in relation to his power compared to Ragnos.

- The horrible assumption that both sides are about the same.

- The assumption that Luke in ROTJ abides by the Jedi code.

- The assumption that because Revan and the Exile are fully customizable (One of the key facts for marketing the game was that it was make your own SW jedi) they neccessarily used both sides.

- The assumption I am doing this out of spite.

There you have it.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2005 06:44 PM
Darth_Frobo

Originally posted by Darth_Janus
I'm not doing this out of spite. I'm frankly sick of you and Emperor Revan carrying on like your the paragons of truth, when your arguments are -as flimsy- as Ragnos', the key difference being their is a better reason to fear and respect Ragnos than there is Revan, personally. Now, I may never convince you and that's okay. But you both have gone way out of your way to contest our decisions and yet have nothing to back it up. You can't even 100% support your own character in ANY fight, seeing as you must make similar assumptions all the time.

Such as...

- The assumption that because you had to do so in game Revan had to do so in the canonical story.

- The assumption that all that "lots of Sith knowledge" helped make Revan even on a level to last twenty seconds with an ancient Sith before his time.

- The assumption that all that knowledge wasn't Ragnos' (Seeing as he did rule for a century and a half)

- The assumption that since you had to raid at least two tombs in game Revan neccessarily HAd to raid them in game and that he found all these artifacts and kept them. And that in assuming he kept them, this means anything in relation to his power compared to Ragnos.

- The horrible assumption that both sides are about the same.

- The assumption that Luke in ROTJ abides by the Jedi code.

- The assumption that because Revan and the Exile are fully customizable (One of the key facts for marketing the game was that it was make your own SW jedi) they neccessarily used both sides.

- The assumption I am doing this out of spite.

There you have it.

First off certain things HAD to be done or else you couldn't beat the game, revan had to do certain things on korriban he had no choice otherwise he would not have learned the location of the star forge.

I never said they used both sides I said possibly

And the rest of the assumptions are no worse then assumptions that ragnos supportewrs have made some are slightly more logical.

I don't do this because I like revan he's a fictional charachter and not even my favourite one I do this to show you that there isn't enough info to make a clear descision like I said way earlier in this debate.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2005 06:55 PM
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

First off certain things HAD to be done or else you couldn't beat the game, revan had to do certain things on korriban he had no choice otherwise he would not have learned the location of the star forge.

I never said they used both sides I said possibly

And the rest of the assumptions are no worse then assumptions that ragnos supportewrs have made some are slightly more logical.

I don't do this because I like revan he's a fictional charachter and not even my favourite one I do this to show you that there isn't enough info to make a clear descision like I said way earlier in this debate.

If you were out to show that it wasn't clear either way, you would have shown instances where Revan's power was in question. You didn't. If anything, you did the opposite and regurgitated every good thing about Revan you could find, grasping at straws. That is fanboyism. I am the one being impartial here.

By the way, I suggest you read the Fall of the Sith comics, and the Sith Golden Age ones too, if you can find PDFs of them on fileshare... because it might help you realize exactly what you're arguing against.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2005 07:05 PM
Rand al'Thor
Restricted

Account Restricted

And so this endless argument drags on...and on...and on.

Duty is heavier than a mountain death lighter than a feather.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2005 07:09 PM
Click here to Send Rand al'Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Rand al'Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Frobo

I merely supported revan when he was attacked that's all and I used facts I've used many times in the past. but who cares all that really mattered to me was people making assumptions then being aroagant enough when i point out that those weren't facts from there on i just wanted people to realize their isn't enough info to make a fair descision. theirs only opinion.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2005 07:18 PM
Eminence
Boss

Okay, you guys are taking this out of control.

The same arguments have been going back and forth over the last twelve pages, formulating into more aggressive words and spiteful insults each time.

Now, I think Frobo's idea was best, that you guys come to a truce, seeing as how I think this is a crappy thread anyway. (No offense LIB) However, I myself think that Ragnos would take Revan, so let's just put it this way. There's not enough information or canonical evidence on EITHER of these characters to judge the victor. Plain and simple.

EDIT: Oh yeah. And pat yourselves on the back for an argument well done.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2005 07:20 PM
Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

*Can't reach to pat his back. Damn being a jawa.*

Truce. This is getting nasty, and I don't need any bad blood around here. Can't be a jawa dictator with bad subjects...

Old Post Aug 10th, 2005 07:28 PM
Darth_Frobo

yeah truce I could be a jerk and mention that if you listened to me we could have arrived ad said truce two pages ago but lets forget that and just truce it up, very very well done windu.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2005 07:38 PM
Eminence
Boss

Guess this thread needs three Dipsits. . .

Old Post Aug 10th, 2005 07:40 PM
Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote