KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Darth Bandon vs. ROTS Anakin

Darth Bandon vs. ROTS Anakin
Started by: Dark Thor

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Emperor Revan
Seriously Janus, saying his opinion is ridiculous is a little harsh. Human Vader's not a newb or anything and hasn't posted any fanboyism. Dooku was straining a bit in the fight and he did not want to lose his hands. Yoda owned Dooku bad, but I also think that Anakin was competing with Dooku.

A lot of people have killed many Jedi including quite a few non-Force users and a lot of the Dark Jedi from KOTOR didn't strike me as very strong. Anakin has way more potential and according to Nick Gillard's dueling level, is as good of a duelist as Sidious and Yoda. Now I know he most likely couldn't beat either but he's still really powerful and Bandon hasn't done much of anything that was impressive (granted though, we know a lot less about him)

First off, I know he's no newb. He and I have no problems. But his reasoning in this case, I'd like some reasoning. The usual concensus around here is Bandon isn't plot crucial and is a minor boss character in game so he must suck. I'm not saying he's a god or anything, but saying he's worse than Anakin is a stretch.

Second, I'm gonna watch the ROTS battle a few more times and render ultimate Janus judgment (tm) but Yoda did NOT own Dooku bad. If you think so, I suggest you watch the battle again on slow-motion, because obviously you missed the fact that Dooku was meeting Yoda blow for blow and get this... YODA WAS WINDED FROM FIGHTING DOOKU FOR THAT SHORT AMOUNT OF TIME. Turn the sound up. You can hear him gasping. Yeah, what ownage.

And Anakin was not competing with Dooku, he was lashing out at him. And he did win, and I won't contest that Anakin didn't win. But I will contest anyone who says Anakin was on a level higher than Dooku.

Now, as for Nick Gillard... I seriously hate the guy. For one, he's as arrogant as it gets. He said in a web interview that he can beat anyone in the series with a blade. Even Ray Park, who I would hope could whup some choreographer's ass. Nick Gillard also went on to say that Anakin is a level nine, and that Obi-Wan is lesser, at a level eight. Now, that's just screwed up when you consider that Obi-Wan -destroyed- Anakin at his prime. Destroyed him. Anakin has no legs, arms, or wanker because Obi-Wan is better than him in a duel.

Your opinion on the strength of dark jedi from KOTOR comes from playing the game. Your game play experience does not reflect on SW reality. I can whup ass because I used cheat codes or suck as because I willfully started a game with all 3 stats and no items... doesn't mean a damn thing. You should know that.

Last edited by Janus Marius on Aug 5th, 2005 at 12:41 AM

Old Post Aug 5th, 2005 12:38 AM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Janus is right. Yoda was tired after fighting Dooku and Yoda had to grasp for air from Sidous after getting hit by lighting, fighting with lightsabers, dodging pods, relecting the lighting back, and falling a great distance.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2005 01:26 AM
Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Achilles X
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yes Janus and I are the best of friends, aaawwwww.

But Anakin is above everyone on the council except for Mace, Yoda, and Obi Wan. I'm sorry if you don't agree but that's how I feel. I mean, I know my name is Human Vader, but I really only like Anny in ROTS cause hes a badass as Vader, I'm not a fanboy by any means. My point being he did not get owned by Dooku, he put a decent fight by himself for a while, and even as a padawan I think he surprised Dooku a bit when he fought him, although I will admit he was owned in ATOC. Bandon hasn't done much for me to be impressed, same as Visas. True they were Sith Apprentices and killed quite a few jeedai, but they haven't done anything for me to think they would really be able to compete with anything more than an average jeedai.

Once again, I'm not saying Anakin was above Dooku, because he wasn't all I'm saying is he gave Dooku a much better fight in ROTS than you seem to want to give him credit for. Bandon has done nothing to show any power above an average Force User, and until further EU material is presented to show something else, I say Anakin takes this.

"Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do."- Bruce Lee

Old Post Aug 5th, 2005 01:46 AM
Click here to Send Achilles X a Private Message Find more posts by Achilles X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

I'm gonna have to say that ROTS Anakin would win. I mean, he's had 3 years of battle experience here (almost constantly on the frontlines... and believe me, I've read every issue of Star Wars: Republic) and has fought many more opponents (in saber to saber combat) than most people realize. Bandon never really impressed me with his accomplishments. Anakin did, even though he is arrogant. And even though he is arrogant, that wouldn't really be a factor in this fight, becuase Bandon is just as cocky. Bandon may not have lost a fight, but he did not seem to fight any really tough opponents (correct me if I'm wrong, because I could be)...

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Aug 5th, 2005 01:47 AM
Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Anakin sucks in TPM and ATOC.
Back to subject:
Anakin has done a lot over the Clone War, more then most Jedi have done in the Sith War.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2005 01:49 AM
Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperor Revan
Most Powerful Sith Lord

I just can't see Bandon being that strong. Sidious was close to Yoda's power, and so was ROTS Anakin. Even later on as Mech Vader, Lucas says he is about 80% as powerful as Sidious so in his original form he would be much stronger and therefore, fairly close to Sidious' and Yoda's power. If Bandon is stronger than ROTS Anakin, it would mean Malak is easily more powerful than Yoda and Revan would be twice or more powerful than Yoda, neither of which I believe are even close.

Thanks to Janus for the great Sig.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2005 07:34 PM
Click here to Send Emperor Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Emperor Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark Thor
Restricted

Account Restricted

IMO, stalemate

Old Post Aug 6th, 2005 08:45 PM
Click here to Send Dark Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Dark Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rand al'Thor
Restricted

Account Restricted

Like Janus said people don't see Bandon as strong because he is at the most a minor boss in the KOTOR games. While when you look at the facts we see that Bandon was not some arrogant young punk who was set upon a a pedistool and given the title of "The Chosen One".

True Bandon had arrogance, but not nearly to the extent of Anakin and you must look at how hard it would be to become, Malak's apprentice. Out of all those thosands of Sith Bandon cought Malak's eye and impressed him enough that the Jawless Wonder decided to make him his apprentice. That says right there that Bandon was without a doubt skilled and strong in the Force.

Also just because Bandon lost to Revan means nothing. There are very few people who would be able to even hold there own against Revan much less defeat him and these people number among the ancient Sith Lords.

Simply put...Anakin looses IMO.

Duty is heavier than a mountain death lighter than a feather.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2005 08:55 PM
Click here to Send Rand al'Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Rand al'Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rand al'Thor
Restricted

Account Restricted

Word.

Attachment: anakin2.jpg
This has been downloaded 56 time(s).

Old Post Aug 6th, 2005 09:09 PM
Click here to Send Rand al'Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Rand al'Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

If you just say Anakin sucks and that's why Bandon will win, than that is a horrible reason, and I won't really take your opinions seriously. I stand by my unbiased statement that Anakin would win, because of the reasons I stated above.

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Aug 6th, 2005 09:24 PM
Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark Thor
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by SnakeEyes
I'm gonna have to say that ROTS Anakin would win. I mean, he's had 3 years of battle experience here (almost constantly on the frontlines... and believe me, I've read every issue of Star Wars: Republic) and has fought many more opponents (in saber to saber combat) than most people realize. Bandon never really impressed me with his accomplishments. Anakin did, even though he is arrogant. And even though he is arrogant, that wouldn't really be a factor in this fight, becuase Bandon is just as cocky. Bandon may not have lost a fight, but he did not seem to fight any really tough opponents (correct me if I'm wrong, because I could be)...

i wholeheartedly agree with SnakeEyes. FOR ONCE.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2005 09:28 PM
Click here to Send Dark Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Dark Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark Thor
Restricted

Account Restricted

If you just say Anakin sucks and that's why Bandon will win, than that is a horrible reason, and I won't really take your opinions seriously. I stand by my unbiased statement that Anakin would win, because of the reasons I stated above.

lol, yeah thats a horrible reason. And ur reasoning seems reasonable

Old Post Aug 6th, 2005 09:29 PM
Rand al'Thor
Restricted

Account Restricted

Geez when Janus posts his pics no one ever hammers him.

And if your going to ignore facts just because I dislike Anakin than you have problems. Sure I hate Anakin, but WTF does that have to do with the facts that I posted? I may hate him, but I do not let bias interfere with my posts.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2005 09:52 PM
Rand al'Thor
Restricted

Account Restricted

Dude as for Anakin fighting in the Clone Wars so what? We know that Bandon fought on the front lines in the Mandalorian Wars IMO the Mandalorian Wars were far more intense than the Clone Wars.

Based on this we can assume that, Bandon has battlefield experience to a high degree.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2005 09:57 PM
Dark Thor
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by darthrevan89
Geez when Janus posts his pics no one ever hammers him.

And if your going to ignore facts just because I dislike Anakin than you have problems. Sure I hate Anakin, but WTF does that have to do with the facts that I posted? I may hate him, but I do not let bias interfere with my posts.

he and i werent talking about Janus's post

Old Post Aug 6th, 2005 10:15 PM
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Well, I'm not pushing this topic. I have next to nothing to go on. This is like trying to argue that Tulak Hord would beat anyone. Bioware or Obsidian need to create background detail for the characters so this shit stops happening.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2005 01:37 AM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark Thor
Restricted

Account Restricted

i may be an idiot for asking this, but whos is Bioware and Obsidian? forgive my lack of knowledge

Old Post Aug 7th, 2005 02:11 AM
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Creators of KOTOR I and II.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2005 02:12 AM
RocasAtoll

Bioware needs to come back. Obsidian just can't compete with them. sad

Old Post Aug 7th, 2005 02:13 AM
Click here to Send RocasAtoll a Private Message Find more posts by RocasAtoll Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark Thor
Restricted

Account Restricted

thnx, janus

Old Post Aug 7th, 2005 02:13 AM