KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Which Villian Would Be Best For A Flash Movie

Which Villian Would Be Best For A Flash Movie
Started by: ALEMASTER

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mainstream
lighting the way

I like Grodd if they did him..he doesn't need to be super big...maybe 6 or 7 feet...the whole "I want to destroy humanity and have the bow to me" angel is pretty cool...maybe have him team up with Piped Piper or Murmur..or that old guy that had the Flash Cult going on. "raise you hand if you'd die for the flash storyline"

Old Post Aug 8th, 2005 05:24 PM
Mainstream is currently offline Click here to Send Mainstream a Private Message Find more posts by Mainstream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wuTa

they should have a villian like deathstroke, or deadshot, they're not really a villian to one specific superhero, they all know and face them, and they would be good for the general public/clueless flash fans.....the flash villians are kinda cheesey and corky if you bring them to the bigscreen..i mean i can see a few like maaaybe mirror master or grodd, but having grodd in it would have the risk of feeling like your watching planet of the apes like pr mentioned

Old Post Aug 8th, 2005 05:34 PM
wuTa is currently offline Click here to Send wuTa a Private Message Find more posts by wuTa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mainstream
lighting the way

Zoom is a most...maybe not his first movie but by his second or third.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2005 05:44 PM
Mainstream is currently offline Click here to Send Mainstream a Private Message Find more posts by Mainstream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Mainstream
I like Grodd if they did him..he doesn't need to be super big...maybe 6 or 7 feet...the whole "I want to destroy humanity and have the bow to me" angel is pretty cool...maybe have him team up with Piped Piper or Murmur..or that old guy that had the Flash Cult going on. "raise you hand if you'd die for the flash storyline"

I have no problem with grodd, in fact i like him alot... its the audience that arent familiar with the flash that may not go for it imo...

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured... the first thought forbidden... the first freedom denied chains us all irrevocably."

Old Post Aug 8th, 2005 07:40 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mainstream
lighting the way

I keep forgetting everyone don't own a ton of comics like us.

the average perons would be like "why is that f**king Ape talking"

Old Post Aug 8th, 2005 07:41 PM
-Pr-

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Mainstream
I keep forgetting everyone don't own a ton of comics like us.

the average perons would be like "why is that f**king Ape talking"

Yeah... especially after planet of the apes, and king kong coming out... though, if he was one of two bad guys in the movie, maybe it could work... though as a solo bad guy i dunno...

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured... the first thought forbidden... the first freedom denied chains us all irrevocably."

Old Post Aug 8th, 2005 07:46 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mainstream
lighting the way

even in the first Flash movie he should fight two villians assuming they don't plan on using mr. Freeze again in a batman movie..Captain Cold and Grodd would work...they were old school super friends villians I think..and in the tv show Barry Allen Flash fought Cold I think.t

Old Post Aug 8th, 2005 07:52 PM
JediKatarn1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Both Gorilla Grodd and Zoom

Old Post Jun 24th, 2007 07:17 AM
JediKatarn1 is currently offline Click here to Send JediKatarn1 a Private Message Find more posts by JediKatarn1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Mirror Master.

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Old Post Jun 24th, 2007 06:23 PM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Flash's rogue's gallery was never that impressive. I'd say Cap'n Boomerang or Mirror Master.

Thanks Steve... The Darkside of the force...

Old Post Jun 24th, 2007 07:44 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
K3VIL
Neutral Force

Savitar would be great, not a top tier like Zoom, but still a powerful Speed Force user.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2007 10:58 AM
K3VIL is currently offline Click here to Send K3VIL a Private Message Find more posts by K3VIL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NoFate007

Grodd would never work in the movies for reasons stated above. Its too childish.

The Flash rogues, in general, seem to me to only have anything against Flash if you count PIS. Someone like Captain Boomerang shouldn't be able to hit Flash if he's truly that fast. However, here's my thoughts on some potentials, but keep in mind, they'd need some revamping so they don't come across too comedic. I think we can all agree that we don't want a Flash movie to be rated G:

#1. Zoom - This guy's the coolest Flash villain, in my opinion, by far. His ideas are a nice deviant from the norm as well. Inspire the Flash by giving him a villain for motivation.

#2. Weather Wizard - Though a hokey concept, it would allow a more global perspective of things. For a guy like the Flash, you don't want to keep him in a short space to work with. This way, you could get Flash doing things in different continents and such and some classic maneuvers, like countering a tornado.

#3. Captain Cold - Though Weather Wizard would pull off some bigger scale action sequences and such, Captain Cold is a fan favorite and would need some consideration if not just for that fact. You need to please the fans too, not just the general audience. Without those fans, you wouldn't be in this situation.

#4. Trickster - Obviously wouldn't be the grandest, most diabolical evil villain in history that is threatening the world, but he could definitely be in a film as a minor villain for some comedic relief at his insanity.

Also, a different setup is possible if you're given a trilogy to work with. The first could have someone broad and general like Weather Wizard while dealing with the introduction of the whole concept of the Flash. Second could deal with his ego getting out of control and his lighthearted attitude maximizing, so Zoom tries to motivate him into "becoming a hero again" so to speak. Third, you could go all-out and have Captain Cold lead a bunch of the rogues (Mirror Master, Trickster, Captain Boomerang) into something similar to the JLU episode where they all team up to just rid the city of the Flash.

Now, I'm definitely not claiming to be the biggest Flash fan here, but I know personally I wouldn't want to see the wrong things overplayed. Wally is definitely a more comedic and lighthearted superhero than a lot of those out there, but that doesn't mean this should be a strict comedy. When it becomes a comedy, it becomes cheesy and something that isn't as respected, and if you make a Flash film wanting to please the overall audience that simply thinks of him as "the funny looking guy in red spandex that runs real fast and fights a talking monkey and a guy with a winter coat"...well, say hello to the new Elektra.

Last edited by NoFate007 on Jul 2nd, 2007 at 09:48 AM

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2007 09:40 AM
NoFate007 is currently offline Click here to Send NoFate007 a Private Message Find more posts by NoFate007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr.Fate
Aztek's only Fanboy

I would pick mirror master because realistically unless they really depower the Flash for a movie he could pretty much run to the scene of the crime and capture the likes of Cold and Boomberang, but Mirror Master has all the holograms could be every where at once and really pose a challenge to the flash since he would have to use his head instead of just hos speed. I would like to see Reverse Flash/ Zoom/ Rival but that would probably raise the cost of the movie and would work better as a sequel any way when the Flash is more established. Like Venom in Spiderman 3. Gorrila Grod has cool mental powers but the fact that he is a gorrilla would make the movie laughable to most people

Aztek's Feats. Stealing Kyle Rayner's Ring right off his hand. and stopping a mugging by giving the muggers his lunch money! Beat that!

Old Post Jul 25th, 2007 12:01 AM
Dr.Fate is currently offline Click here to Send Dr.Fate a Private Message Find more posts by Dr.Fate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ThatDude55

In my opinion, the best way to bring The Flash into the modern DC cinematic film universe is to stick with his origin story.

Meaning, the villain should be Mr. Eobard Thawne. Professor Zoom. Reverse-Flash.

Barry Allen will most likely go through his origin in his own movie, so therefore he needs the classic nemesis to be his counter part in order to draw in casual movie goers. Considering in the end, most people who go to the movies are those that are interested in superhero films, or action films in general, and may not know the in-depth comicbook storyline of villains in order to enjoy the film. Gorilla Grodd is definitely a tough opponent for Barry Allen. However, if you really think about it. And put yourself in the casual movie goers shoes here. Would you want a speedster to face off against another speedster or would you want him to face a giant telepathic Gorilla?

So what comic book iteration should they take and create their own unique, yet still sticking to it's comic origin?

Flashpoint:
I am not going to say that this version of The Flash is the best for an introduction to The Flash into the cinematic DC universe.

Flashpoint in my eyes would be an incredible take on The Flash considering we already may have Barry Allen as The Flash in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice as the rumor has it that Batman hacks into LexCorps computers and he sees a red blur on the screen and also in the same facility apparently LexCorps has Aquaman in a massive "water cell". If The Flash already exists in the cinematic universe, than maybe The Flash 2018 doesn't need an origin story?

Still would be awesome mainly for us comic fans... but I could see why it would begin with Barry Allen's origin. As casual movie goers of all ages would need to see how it all began. Similar to Captain America in The Avengers and what not how they showed Caps origin story in Captain America The First Avenger.

Search up the following on YouTube clips from the DC animated film "Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox";

Flash meets Thomas Wayne
Flash makes Batman cry
Flash gets his powers back

Haven't seen it? That is the Flashpoint I thought would make a fantastic film. But I would agree if someone told me to stick with the origin story and somehow add in Reverse-Flash traveling through time to kill Barry Allen and what not. Then a huge speedster fight. Both are very exciting... Can't wait to watch this DC cinematic universe expand with new films!

Old Post Aug 9th, 2015 01:06 PM
ThatDude55 is currently offline Click here to Send ThatDude55 a Private Message Find more posts by ThatDude55 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Henry_Pym
Ultron Bound

Mirror master imo is the guy for a movie building into a solo franchise, Zoom is the guy if they want to blow their load and do only JL movies.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2015 08:01 PM
Henry_Pym is currently offline Click here to Send Henry_Pym a Private Message Find more posts by Henry_Pym Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote