KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » General Fiction Area » Harry Potter Fiction » Harry Potter & The Elan Vital's Departure

How do you like it?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
It was great 21 63.64%
It was okay 5 15.15%
It could use improvement 2 6.06%
It sucked. 5 15.15%
Total: 33 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Harry Potter & The Elan Vital's Departure
Started by: Saratn

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
xEsaulx
Bringer of Life

"Who are you, and why did Voldemort send you here?" asked Harry through gritted teeth.

"Must you speak his name?" asked a very familiar voice. It was Tonks from the Order. So the Order is really taking him to the hideout.

"Tonks?" Harry asked disbelievingly.

"Wotcher Harry." said Tonks. Harry handed back her wand. C'mon, you need to get your things together. Hurry which way is it to your room again."

"I'm not going." Harry said flatly. "I am not going with you Tonks. I am sorry, but I have things to do."

"I'm sorry Harry, but I must do this for your own good. I have very strict orders. If you weren't to come with me, I would have to force you." she said.

"Force me? Tonks you aren't-" Harry started out. He didn't have enough time to finish what he was going to say.

"Stupify!" said Tonks. Harry was knocked out cold.

Harry woke up dazed. He could not believe what just happened. Tonks had just stupified him and kidnapped him from his house. Harry was indeed awake, but could not move, for he was in the full body bind spell. His wand was not with him, and he was in a room that he had never saw before. His head was throbbing, his scar burned his forehead. He had felt this sensation once before, when Voldemort was really pleased. This was one of those moments. He was glad that he was captured by Tonks, and that he was finally able to get rid of Harry. His birthday was in a weeks time, and the magic that protected him would be gone. He was now helpless, and with Dumbledore dead, no one could save him.

He did not know how long he had been gone from the Dursley's, but Harry hoped with all of his heart that his two best friends had gotten his letter. He was sure that if they didn't hear from him in a couple of days, then they would contact the Order, and they would come to Harry's rescue. His hopes were soaring at an unbelievable rate. Tonks would pay for betraying the Order of the Phoenix, even if Harry died, she would still pay.

again not long...i know...

Old Post Aug 21st, 2005 11:43 PM
xEsaulx is currently offline Click here to Send xEsaulx a Private Message Find more posts by xEsaulx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xEsaulx
Bringer of Life

who is still reading this, because i'm not going to continue if i don't have anyone reading it...(well i will pm you Hermione...)

Hours went by (or so Harry had thought.) and no one came in or out of the room. His stomach was growing hungry. but food was not the thing that was bothering Harry. It was the fact that he was kidnapped out of his home, and it was by someone Harry had trusted. Someone who had understood what he was going through, and she betrays him. He tried to move, but the magic was still in effect. Their was no way that Harry could break the spell. No way at all, and how could anyone find him? He was stuck here, and their was nothing he could do about it.

He heard a door open from his left. A man with a ragged beard walked into the room. He wore tatthered muggle clothes, and he held a wand firmly in his hand. He kind of reminded him of McGonnagall. He looked like he was just like her, but more fierce. Harry, tried as hard as he could to turn his gaze elsewhere but it was hopeless. He could help looking at his captor.

"So, finally brave enough to show yourself after all." said Harry through gritted teeth.

"As hard as it is...yes I have. And I am afraid that you will have to remain here until after your seventeenth birthday." said the man. "We are doing this for your own protection."

"Protection...yeah right...sending me to Voldemort is really going to help me." said Harry sarcastically. "Because Voldemort knows that I am no longer safe after my seventeenth birthday."

To Harry's surprise the man did not flinch at Voldemort's name, like basically everyone else he knew. Harry didn't even know any one of Voldemort's supporters who were brave enough to even say his name. Maybe he wasn't one of his supporters. He sure didn't look like one, but Harry knew well enough not to judge what people look like...he had learned that with plenty of people.

"Harry, Voldemort knows that the magic wears off after your birthday, so do I...Dumbledore told me a while back, and he told me what I had to do if he were to fail."

"You-" said Harry casually. "You were in contact with Dumbledore...before he died?"

"Yes...he wanted me to take good care of keeping an eye on you whenever he was gone. I've been in disguise as a student's pet at Hogwarts."

Harry was stunned at this bit of information. He was someone's pet? This was getting hard to understand. He was in contact with Dumbledore, he was the one trying to save him, but to save him he was forced to be a hostage in a twisted sort of way, and that he was watching him from a disguise. Harry tried to think what animal he could've been.

"You were someone's animal?" Harry asked perplexed. "How could you be someone's pet?" asked Harry.

"I was a pet of a very good friend of yours. Dumbledore, and a man whom I think is your godfather arranged for me to become an owl...by what his sister had named me-"

"Pig...you were Pigwidgeon..." muttered Harry.

"Indeed..." he said softly. "Indeed I was Pig. I was against it, but Dumbledore insisted that I were to watch over you with care. He knew what Snape was up to the whole year, and he was prepared to die."

"He knew that he was going to die?" asked Harry. "He knew, and he allowed himself to be killed?"

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2005 01:19 AM
xEsaulx is currently offline Click here to Send xEsaulx a Private Message Find more posts by xEsaulx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HPRox90
Auror

This is great!!! I am reading this too, so don't stop!!! Post more soon!

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2005 01:36 AM
HPRox90 is currently offline Click here to Send HPRox90 a Private Message Find more posts by HPRox90 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xEsaulx
Bringer of Life

ok...i will continue...just wish their was more people reading it...i am still working on chapter one...but this man won't be seen much until later...and he is very important...(don't know yet...but i will figure it out.)

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2005 01:41 AM
Barker
Thorin Fan Club President

I'm reading, pretty good. wink

please respond to my PM Thorin

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2005 01:45 AM
Barker is currently offline Click here to Send Barker a Private Message Find more posts by Barker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xEsaulx
Bringer of Life

thanks, but yours is loads better...

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2005 01:47 AM
Barker

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Saratn
thanks, but yours is loads better...
\

What the f**k? I like YOURS more than i do mine, seriosly.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2005 01:54 AM
Barker is currently offline Click here to Send Barker a Private Message Find more posts by Barker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xEsaulx
Bringer of Life

that is kind of strange...i liking yours more, and you liking mine more...but yours is way better...(btw do you plan yours out or something, because it is really good...especially with Luciaus and Snape against the Dark Lord ((i never plan my stories out so whatever happens is as much as a surprise to me as it is for everyone else)) was brilliant...I have something similar in mind that I have been planning ((ok sorry i have planned a little bit)) for a long time...

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2005 02:00 AM
Barker

I think about what im going to do, like whats going to happen to hermione in the near future, but as far as the "Sorrcerer", I have no idea. Maybe we should talk in the gd thread, as i dont like the idea of clogging your's up. smile

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2005 02:05 AM
xEsaulx
Bringer of Life

so where in their are we going to go??? or are we going to make our own...and i don't mind it being clogged up as long it has to do with HP Fiction.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2005 02:08 AM
Barker

Harry Potter Disscussion Thread, noted at the top of the hpfic page, but if you dont mind...

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2005 02:09 AM
xEsaulx
Bringer of Life

oh thought you were talking about the general section...and no i don't mind at all...btw i am logging off at 10:30 eastern time, so if you don't here from me around that time i am off.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2005 02:12 AM
Barker

ok, so about.......15 mins?

But back on topic, i just liked how you started out with the dark lord's doings.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2005 02:14 AM
xEsaulx
Bringer of Life

thanks, but like i mentioned i love yours a lot more...especially with the little battle. I actually pictured the dueling in my head. it was BRILLIANT!!! btw how do you like this as a last name for the character...Brethon?

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2005 02:19 AM
Barker

thumb up Kinda reminds me of Final Fantasy or something. no expression

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2005 02:21 AM
xEsaulx
Bringer of Life

well i usually just make up random names, like in my other stories i have i have a guy named Busidion, Ithrandir, Saratn (i liked the name so i thought it was a good user name), and many more...

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2005 02:26 AM
xEsaulx
Bringer of Life

ok...here is more...
"Hmm...that is the very thing that I was hoping you could answer." said the man.

Harry was becoming uncomfortable around this man. He didn't know much about him...let alone his name. But somehow he trusted him. He couldn't explain how he trusted him, but he just did. Was it because that he knew Dumbledore, and Sirius, or was it because he hasn't many any effort to harm him. The only thing that puzzled Harry was how was he supposed to know why Dumbledore knew his time was coming...

"Sir, I don't know why Dumbledore let himself be killed by that traitor." he said, forcing himself to remain calm.

"Sir? No need to call me that Harry, the name is Brethon Jr. Just call me Brethon, don't really prefer my first name...kind of like Tonks. Foolish name, so I like being called Brethon."

"Brethon, what are you doing with the traitor Tonks anyway?" asked Harry.

"Harry you misunderstood what Tonks was doing." started out Brethon. "I had ordered her to use extreme measures if you wouldn't come on your own will. Sorry about that Harry." said Brethon. He indeed sounded sorry.

So Tonks was just following orders from Brethon. This cleared everything up for Harry. He was relieved that Voldemort didn't have him as a prisoner. This man...Brethon seemed like he knew what he was up against. He wasn't afraid of Voldemort like most people were. He was like a younger version of Dumbledore, and more. He had the power to comfort people, because before he came he was filled with grief and anger, and now he...felt...normal.

"So since you told Tonks what to do...I guess that makes you the new leader for the Order of the Phoenix." Harry pointed out.

"I guess it does...but I have more than that as a job. But that is something you do not need to know right now." he said ending the subject. "Well I better go...I have to attend a meeting. And you can go to the place called the Burrow is it? Your friend's mother said that she would like to see you for the remaining of the summer...said something about a wedding."

Harry wasn't too excited about going to the Weasley's house. It would be harder for them to escape, and he didn't think he could bear seeing Ginny again. He did just break up with her, so how is she really going to take it when he sees her? But then he thought of what his life would've been if it wasn't for the Weasley's. They had done so much for him...especially Mrs. Weasley. She had treated him like he was part of the family. Which made Harry feel good on the inside, but what if she found out of his plan?

Bethron got up getting ready to leave. He didn't notice the change in Harry's mood. He, by the looks of it, had better things he had to attend to. Harry couldn't blame him either. Who cared about how people felt these days when Voldemort was causing mayhem? Harry knew he wouldn't if someone else was in his place right now. But would he try to stop someone trying to do something like what he was doing?

"Brethon, would you mind letting Mrs. Weasley know that I'm not coming?" Harry asked casually. He didn't want his voice to betray anything.

It took a few moments for Brethon to answer. He was searching his face, to see if it told him anything. He relaxed a little, cleared his throat and said: "Not going over there for the summer? Something I would never thought possible. But of course I don't want to force you to go, but if I have to I shall. The Burrow is one of the safest spots in our world right now...it has all the things the Grimwauld place had and more. And of course we had to choose the new Secret Keeper, which is...you."

Harry was stunned at this last bit of information. He was the Secret Keeper for the Weasley's? Harry couldn't understand why they needed a Secret Keeper, but it was for the best he was sure. But why him? Wouldn't Voldemort suspect something like that? Or was he Secret Keeper for another reason?

"The reason that your Secret Keeper is simply because you have had...encounters with Voldemort, and you know how he kills people, so I thought it was best for you to be the Secret Keeper. From what I have been told is that you got an O in your O.W.L.s for Defense against the Dark Arts, and that you are the best in your year, so what better then to have an Auror in training to take up the position?

"But I wouldn't be a very good Secret Keeper, because Voldemort is a master Legiliment, and I don't know how to do Occlumency. Voldemort would be able to read me like a book."

"Not if you had a Pensive of your own he won't." said Brethon. "It will be waiting for the moment you get at the Weasley's. And it is my advice that you don't leave the house either until you go back to Hogwarts." said Brethon.

"I-" started out Harry, but closed his mouth. He was about to say that he wasn't going back to Hogwarts. But then he would ask why and all sorts of other questions.

"Well good-bye Harry. It was a pleasure to meet you in person." said Brethon. He headed towards the door. "Oh, and guess I forgot." he whipped out his wand and performed the counter-curse and left the room.

Harry spent the remainder of the day in the room. He didn't feel like exploring the place he was at, he just wanted to be left alone. Brethon knew more than he was telling, Harry could tell, and that their was something strange about him as well. He all of a sudden came out of his disguise, after Dumbledore died. If he was like a younger version of Dumbledore, then he could have helped him, instead of being an owl.

Tonks stopped in once or twice to check in on him. She didn't seem her normal self after that night, and Harry couldn't blame her. She was ordered to force Harry to come. He had tried to comfort her, but nothing worked. Lupin stopped in one day and assured Harry that Tonks was alright, and that she hopes that you forgive her.

"Of course I forgive her." said Harry rather too quickly. "I mean she was just following orders from Brethon. I can't blame her for doing what she was asked."

Lupin looked relieved and he was about to go, but then turned around. He took a seat on the floor with Harry, "You do know why we are doing this don't you?"

"Of course I do! You are doing this because you don't want Voldemort coming after me after my seventeenth birhtday. I understand fully."

"Brethon didn't tell you about the letter?" Lupin asked nervously.

"What letter?" Harry asked uncertainly.

"The letter-" Lupin started. "The letter that you sent to Ron and Hermione. The one that said that you were going to Godric's Hollow."

Harry felt a knot form in his stomach. They wouldn't...they simply wouldn't give the letter to the Order. They were with him...they said that they were going with him...how can it be that they betrayed him? Now he wouldn't be able to go to Godric's Hollow, now he wouldn't be able to find the missing Horcrux. Maybe he could contact Bethron and ask him for help...but he hardly knew the guy.

"Harry you know how serious what you are doing is right? I mean I don't want to be harsh or anything, but what if Voldemort is suspecting you to go there? I mean...you never actually mastered Occlumency...and Voldemort could have read your thoughts."

"I'm the best Defense Against the Dark Arts student in my year!" Harry shouted. "I don't need someone to tell me what is dangerous! I have survived Voldemort quite a bit, so I think I can fend myself thank you very much!"

"Harry...listen to me...this is more serious than ever before. I will have to make you stay at the Weasley's if I must, so you better listen to me. I do not want to lose my best friend's son, the very son that they tried to save! I believe we have had this talk before." Harry remained silent.

He knew that Lupin was right, but he couldn't bring himself to admit it. He had suffered too. He had lost Sirius and James, two of his best friends, Dumbledore, he trusted Lupin enough to let him work at Hogwarts, and his mom.

"Now you listen to me." started Lupin. "I want you to promise me that you will stay at the Weasley's unless you are instructed to leave. Got it?"

Harry didn't need to answer Lupin's question, because at that moment a letter came in. Harry couldn't read who it was from, but he could tell that it was urgent. Lupin took out his wand and Disapperated. Harry was left alone...again.

Harry was alone again for about another hour, which he spent thinking of how his two best friends had just turned against him. He never would've dreamed that they would tell Lupin and the rest of the Order about his plans to go into Godric's Hollow. Tonks came in once more, but this time much happier.

"Thank you so much for understanding Harry." bustled Tonks. "I thought you would hate me for sure, but anyway...you need to get ready to go to the Burrow. Your things are already there, so you just need to get something to eat, then we can be off."

"Er..I'm fine..." Harry lied. He was in fact hungry, but he didn't think he could manage to eat anything.

"All right then." said an unsure Tonks. "Ok...since you cannot Apperate yet, we are going by floo powder."

Harry didn't like taking the floo network, but it gave him an idea. He could slip away from Tonks by saying that he needed to grab something, and for her to go on without him. Then he could go to Godric's Hollow alone by floo powder. Harry thought that this plan was fool proof.

"Go on Tonks, I will be right behind you, just need to get something." said Harry mischievously.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2005 06:56 PM
crazykim

kewl!!!

what happened to you?

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2005 11:12 PM
crazykim is currently offline Click here to Send crazykim a Private Message Find more posts by crazykim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xEsaulx
Bringer of Life

thanks gald you like it.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2005 12:02 AM
HPRox90
Auror

Yeah, it's great!

Old Post Aug 24th, 2005 01:12 AM
HPRox90 is currently offline Click here to Send HPRox90 a Private Message Find more posts by HPRox90 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote