KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Artwork Forum » Poetry Corner » Something recent.

Something recent.
Started by: Alpha Centauri

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Coldfire
<3 <3 <3

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
This is something I came up with. Story/Poem.

When the rain falls does he count it as a rebirth or a new erosion?
The water purges his skin then runs into his eyes.
He's still blind.
Crawling to that high, that far and distant place. He tries to crawl back inside his shell, but he's too far gone to be among the living.
When gravity pulls him down to Earth, he'll cast his eyes upward from this merciful position....and he'll say:
"Where are you now? I'm all the human I can handle, but it's a curse. Not a gift.
Now I'm where I wanted to be I realise I want to go back to where I was.
It's burning me from the inside, then freezing the heat in. No amount of emotional grafting can save me now, borrowed time is over and done."
As the final tears cast trails on his lone cheek, a boney hand cast upon his shoulder makes his body turned to black.
Void of any content, compassion....or warmth. It's over for him now.
He walks back to that mountain top in the monsoons of winter. Arms raised as if crucifixtion were in progress, though no sins have been committed. With the final, numbing rainfall, he speaks to the ever-darkening weather, and says:
"I am the sorrow...for we are one."

---

He's watching from a bush nearby. You were never any the wiser.
He says "Yes, there you are. Don't stop looking over your shoulder miss, you never know when the beasts under your bed become the beasts in the street."
He's crawling up the wall, like a deadly burst of ivy. Slowly, he watches, lying in wait.
"Ooooh, there it is. That smell, yes. Oh, the smell." he says. Streams of saliva run from his gaping jaws.
The mouth is trembling with deplorable delight.
"Feel my tongue...I lick the air you use. Consume you bit by bit, and you never even knew. Yes."
The hand is on her window as she weeps on her bed, her arms embracing herself. She's all she's got, he took her soul away on that fateful night.
"Come my child.....come to me again." He says, hanging outside, like a creature of the night. A human nosferatu.
"NOW!" he screeches, whilst he breaks through your window.
She freezes and screams "Get away, GET AWAY FROM ME!".
He crawls closer....closer. Eyes widen with the satisfaction of slaughter.
He commits a horrid act, she's scarred for life as he slips back out of the window, after 15 minutes of agony. But then...a boney hand cast a shadow on his shoulder.
He turns a horrid, lifeless shade of midnight blue, as if he were wrapped in the night sky.
With a blood-curdling laugh, echoing above the city....he says to the skyline:
"I am the fear.....for you are mine."

---

Seeing red, he'll let nothing stand in his way. Life is his to take, so hold yours tight.
If a man is at his most dangerous with nothing to lose, he is a walking apocalypse.
Picking up the smooth wooden ball bat, he caresses it as if it were his lover.
Thundering down into the kitchen, his spouse cowers in the corner. Bruised and broken.
He raises and hand and strikes with might. The sound of skin tearing fills the air.
"You disgust me. You make me sick!" he screams. "Never question me! EVER!"
The room falls silent as she's bleeding on the floor. The child under the table whimpers: "Mother...?"
Blood in the water, this human shark turns to a new prey.
"STOP CRYING!" he roars. "Flesh and blood, son or daughter. I save my pity for the weak."
With outrageous might he hurls the child with a thud against the wall.
Grabbing his wooden lover, he escapes through the garden. Encountering a neighbour who foolishly tries to intervene.
With a mighty blow, he strikes his would be captor over the head. Then continues.
"AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRH!" He roars. Swinging the bat with every part of his being.
Looking down at the quivering bloody mess, he raises his wooden judge for the final sentance. Until a boney hand casts a shadow upon his shoulder.
His body turns into the darkest shade of red and orange, As if set on fire with the flames of hades.
He reaches down and tears an ear away. Holding it tight, he howls:
"I am the fury....for you are a victim"

---

She awakens to a beeping. She tries to scream but she's muffled at the mouth.
People bustle about in the hospital room, seemingly happy. While there she lay, on fire inside. Raped by the nature.
The doc speaks in a reassuring voice.
She isn't convinced. She never will be.
The memories of dancing embers licking at her face aren't ones that she will be afforded the luxury of forgetting.
She hears the skin slightly tear as the bandage is remove.
Eyes opening met with blinding light. All she can see is silhouettes.
"G-get me a mirror! NOW!" she orders.
Impatient, she walks cautiously to the bathroom. Then it happens.
As her gaze meets the mirror, she sees what she has become, and screams the loudest sound.
"WHAT HAVE THEY DONE TO ME!?!?!"
The doctor quickly approaches to reassure but that's not what she wants.
She holds scissors to his throat and takes him out of the room.
"Don't follow.......don't follow." she warns.
Down the hall, to the left, past all those normals. She'll never be them again.
She straps Doc in a lab chair and reaches for the acid.
"Pain and anguish will take me, but they will not take me alone!!!"
She throws the acid from the side table onto his face like a blanket of fire.
Screeching, howling, she watches his face erode with a daring smile. Then a boney hand casts a shadow upon her shoulder.
Her body turns to a puss-yellow sickening colour. Flaky and peeling.
Carving her name into his eroding face she says:
"I am the pain.....for you are in agony."

---

I was walking home, alone as always.
Sitting at the bus stop seemed so significant when she were here.
Now all I see is an empty place that almost begs to be filled with her welcoming stature.
I try not to shed a tear as the bus pulls to a stop, air brakes hissing like a riled cobra.
Leaning against a post, I contemplate where I'm going. Do I have a route, like this bus? Is someone else driving ME too? Or am I aimless, goalless?
A while passes, I must had dosed off but I wake up two stops late. Dammit.
Walking off I begin my journey back toward home. Things couldn't get worse or so I thought.
It begins to rain and I get this terrible headache. I'm getting angry.
Darkness closing in as nightfall rolls around. No lights. No sounds.
I'm scared.
Reaching the end of the road, almost home, I see a black figure in the distance. With glowing eyes. The rain gets heavier and I feel inexplicably sad.
I turn away, better take a short cut. Yet again I'm blocked by a tall, lanky figure, dark shades of midnight blue, and I start to be afraid.
I run, as fast as I can before I bump into a huge, titan of a male. Demon red. Eyes of fire. I pound my fist against him out of anger and get hurled into the sky, tumbling.
Falling to the ground, I'm surely dead. Until I feel arms that caught me.
A female, of putrid yellow appearance. Then I smell burning skin, and it's my own.
I scream in pain as I writhe around on the floor.
The figures encircle me. I'm sorrowful, fearful, furious and in dire pain.
They all stare with glowing eyes and light fills the sky.
One by one they say:

"I am the sorrow...for we are one"
"I am the fear...for you are mine"
"I am the fury...for you are a victim"
"I am the pain...for you are in agony"

Closing my eyes, is this all a dream? No.
The light gets brighter as the four ominous figures merge into one and then into me.
Indescribable pain and fury, sorrow and fear, all at once. Then dead.
Silence, darkness, as if nothing had happened.
I try to begin walking but I'm held back. A boney hand casts a shadow on my shoulder and my body turns to white.
The figure behind me, I dare not turn to see, but it whispers in my ear with the voice I know so well, it's her!
I look up at the sky as it cracks open and I ascend.
There stands a female...with a boney hand...I never thought I'd see her again.
She asks me who I am,and I say:
"I am the end...for I am human."

-AC

The only thing I can say is

Last edited by Coldfire on Sep 2nd, 2005 at 11:06 PM

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2005 11:03 PM
Coldfire is currently offline Click here to Send Coldfire a Private Message Find more posts by Coldfire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Under the spotlights I writhe and contort my body into awkward shapes.
Jerk and jolt my throat tonight.
Baying vocal spears of catharthic and liberating power.
You're all staring at me, I'll resist you with every inch.
Lashings of aggression, spiked with fury help me cast the stowaways out.
Keep them out and keep away.
God can't help because he's nailing someone up, you're on your own.
They're leaving now, the final push.
I'm burnt out and crashing to Earth.
Then I look infront of me as I hit the ground with a thud.
They're not staring.
I leave the stage.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Sep 6th, 2005 12:22 AM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Coldfire
<3 <3 <3

I love your stuff AC happy

Old Post Sep 6th, 2005 03:06 AM
Coldfire is currently offline Click here to Send Coldfire a Private Message Find more posts by Coldfire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syren
dreaming

This is something I came up with. Story/Poem.

When the rain falls does he count it as a rebirth or a new erosion?
The water purges his skin then runs into his eyes.
He's still blind.
Crawling to that high, that far and distant place. He tries to crawl back inside his shell, but he's too far gone to be among the living.
When gravity pulls him down to Earth, he'll cast his eyes upward from this merciful position....and he'll say:
"Where are you now? I'm all the human I can handle, but it's a curse. Not a gift.
Now I'm where I wanted to be I realise I want to go back to where I was.
It's burning me from the inside, then freezing the heat in. No amount of emotional grafting can save me now, borrowed time is over and done."
As the final tears cast trails on his lone cheek, a boney hand cast upon his shoulder makes his body turned to black.
Void of any content, compassion....or warmth. It's over for him now.
He walks back to that mountain top in the monsoons of winter. Arms raised as if crucifixtion were in progress, though no sins have been committed. With the final, numbing rainfall, he speaks to the ever-darkening weather, and says:
"I am the sorrow...for we are one."

---

He's watching from a bush nearby. You were never any the wiser.
He says "Yes, there you are. Don't stop looking over your shoulder miss, you never know when the beasts under your bed become the beasts in the street."
He's crawling up the wall, like a deadly burst of ivy. Slowly, he watches, lying in wait.
"Ooooh, there it is. That smell, yes. Oh, the smell." he says. Streams of saliva run from his gaping jaws.
The mouth is trembling with deplorable delight.
"Feel my tongue...I lick the air you use. Consume you bit by bit, and you never even knew. Yes."
The hand is on her window as she weeps on her bed, her arms embracing herself. She's all she's got, he took her soul away on that fateful night.
"Come my child.....come to me again." He says, hanging outside, like a creature of the night. A human nosferatu.
"NOW!" he screeches, whilst he breaks through your window.
She freezes and screams "Get away, GET AWAY FROM ME!".
He crawls closer....closer. Eyes widen with the satisfaction of slaughter.
He commits a horrid act, she's scarred for life as he slips back out of the window, after 15 minutes of agony. But then...a boney hand cast a shadow on his shoulder.
He turns a horrid, lifeless shade of midnight blue, as if he were wrapped in the night sky.
With a blood-curdling laugh, echoing above the city....he says to the skyline:
"I am the fear.....for you are mine."

---

Seeing red, he'll let nothing stand in his way. Life is his to take, so hold yours tight.
If a man is at his most dangerous with nothing to lose, he is a walking apocalypse.
Picking up the smooth wooden ball bat, he caresses it as if it were his lover.
Thundering down into the kitchen, his spouse cowers in the corner. Bruised and broken.
He raises and hand and strikes with might. The sound of skin tearing fills the air.
"You disgust me. You make me sick!" he screams. "Never question me! EVER!"
The room falls silent as she's bleeding on the floor. The child under the table whimpers: "Mother...?"
Blood in the water, this human shark turns to a new prey.
"STOP CRYING!" he roars. "Flesh and blood, son or daughter. I save my pity for the weak."
With outrageous might he hurls the child with a thud against the wall.
Grabbing his wooden lover, he escapes through the garden. Encountering a neighbour who foolishly tries to intervene.
With a mighty blow, he strikes his would be captor over the head. Then continues.
"AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRH!" He roars. Swinging the bat with every part of his being.
Looking down at the quivering bloody mess, he raises his wooden judge for the final sentance. Until a boney hand casts a shadow upon his shoulder.
His body turns into the darkest shade of red and orange, As if set on fire with the flames of hades.
He reaches down and tears an ear away. Holding it tight, he howls:
"I am the fury....for you are a victim"

---

She awakens to a beeping. She tries to scream but she's muffled at the mouth.
People bustle about in the hospital room, seemingly happy. While there she lay, on fire inside. Raped by the nature.
The doc speaks in a reassuring voice.
She isn't convinced. She never will be.
The memories of dancing embers licking at her face aren't ones that she will be afforded the luxury of forgetting.
She hears the skin slightly tear as the bandage is remove.
Eyes opening met with blinding light. All she can see is silhouettes.
"G-get me a mirror! NOW!" she orders.
Impatient, she walks cautiously to the bathroom. Then it happens.
As her gaze meets the mirror, she sees what she has become, and screams the loudest sound.
"WHAT HAVE THEY DONE TO ME!?!?!"
The doctor quickly approaches to reassure but that's not what she wants.
She holds scissors to his throat and takes him out of the room.
"Don't follow.......don't follow." she warns.
Down the hall, to the left, past all those normals. She'll never be them again.
She straps Doc in a lab chair and reaches for the acid.
"Pain and anguish will take me, but they will not take me alone!!!"
She throws the acid from the side table onto his face like a blanket of fire.
Screeching, howling, she watches his face erode with a daring smile. Then a boney hand casts a shadow upon her shoulder.
Her body turns to a puss-yellow sickening colour. Flaky and peeling.
Carving her name into his eroding face she says:
"I am the pain.....for you are in agony."

---

I was walking home, alone as always.
Sitting at the bus stop seemed so significant when she were here.
Now all I see is an empty place that almost begs to be filled with her welcoming stature.
I try not to shed a tear as the bus pulls to a stop, air brakes hissing like a riled cobra.
Leaning against a post, I contemplate where I'm going. Do I have a route, like this bus? Is someone else driving ME too? Or am I aimless, goalless?
A while passes, I must had dosed off but I wake up two stops late. Dammit.
Walking off I begin my journey back toward home. Things couldn't get worse or so I thought.
It begins to rain and I get this terrible headache. I'm getting angry.
Darkness closing in as nightfall rolls around. No lights. No sounds.
I'm scared.
Reaching the end of the road, almost home, I see a black figure in the distance. With glowing eyes. The rain gets heavier and I feel inexplicably sad.
I turn away, better take a short cut. Yet again I'm blocked by a tall, lanky figure, dark shades of midnight blue, and I start to be afraid.
I run, as fast as I can before I bump into a huge, titan of a male. Demon red. Eyes of fire. I pound my fist against him out of anger and get hurled into the sky, tumbling.
Falling to the ground, I'm surely dead. Until I feel arms that caught me.
A female, of putrid yellow appearance. Then I smell burning skin, and it's my own.
I scream in pain as I writhe around on the floor.
The figures encircle me. I'm sorrowful, fearful, furious and in dire pain.
They all stare with glowing eyes and light fills the sky.
One by one they say:

"I am the sorrow...for we are one"
"I am the fear...for you are mine"
"I am the fury...for you are a victim"
"I am the pain...for you are in agony"

Closing my eyes, is this all a dream? No.
The light gets brighter as the four ominous figures merge into one and then into me.
Indescribable pain and fury, sorrow and fear, all at once. Then dead.
Silence, darkness, as if nothing had happened.
I try to begin walking but I'm held back. A boney hand casts a shadow on my shoulder and my body turns to white.
The figure behind me, I dare not turn to see, but it whispers in my ear with the voice I know so well, it's her!
I look up at the sky as it cracks open and I ascend.
There stands a female...with a boney hand...I never thought I'd see her again.
She asks me who I am,and I say:
"I am the end...for I am human."

-AC

I am on the verge of tears, right from the second 'verse', having returned to the beginning twice to try to establish some understanding, and then finally grasping your wonderful concept... til the very last line, I had a lump in my throat and my eyes were burning but I made myself continue, I had to reach the end. I've never read something so moving and yet disturbing, so dark and yet beautiful all at once, AC. I completely blown away.

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Sep 6th, 2005 01:19 PM
Syren is currently offline Click here to Send Syren a Private Message Find more posts by Syren Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

What did you think the concept was? I'm intrigued.

Thank you very much also.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2005 05:32 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DreamingWarrior
Knight Errant

Under the spotlights I writhe and contort my body into awkward shapes.
Jerk and jolt my throat tonight.
Baying vocal spears of catharthic and liberating power.
You're all staring at me, I'll resist you with every inch.
Lashings of aggression, spiked with fury help me cast the stowaways out.
Keep them out and keep away.
God can't help because he's nailing someone up, you're on your own.
They're leaving now, the final push.
I'm burnt out and crashing to Earth.
Then I look infront of me as I hit the ground with a thud.
They're not staring.
I leave the stage.

-AC

Hmmm.... interesting.

Sent from heaven to raise some hell.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2005 07:54 PM
DreamingWarrior is currently offline Click here to Send DreamingWarrior a Private Message Find more posts by DreamingWarrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syren
dreaming

What did you think the concept was? I'm intrigued.

Thank you very much also.

-AC

Ok, don't beat me down on this, but what I drew from that piece was something along the lines of four separate feelings, those of sorrow, fear, fury and pain... each felt by someone different throughout the piece and then finally by the narrator (or the first person narrative) towards the end, we see the narrator sitting alone, reminiscing, and then enduring these four different feelings one by one (even going so far as to seeing the four previous victims, having visions of them), the piece building into a 'crescendo' and finally culminating in an unexpected climax where the narrator consumes the other victims, as their agony consumes him... they are him, or four separate pieces of his bodily hurt... then he is touched by the very same 'boney hand' as before, except this time it's slightly different, he knows her. Is she the cause? The reason he is experiencing so much pain and confusion? Also, he turns white, is that a reference to purity, to being cleansed of all 'sin' and pain? It's almost as if the reason for the narrator's anger/fury/pain/sorrow is now becoming his saviour...

Anyway, like I said, personal interpretation so I apologise if it's utterly off the mark laughing out loud

Excellent AC, truly excellent smile

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Sep 7th, 2005 08:13 AM
Syren is currently offline Click here to Send Syren a Private Message Find more posts by Syren Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Not utterly off the mark, because that's obviously what you got from it. You're right in some small ways, but it's pretty cryptic so don't feel bad for not getting it right haha.

That's not what it means, but I appreciate interpretations. Thanks for taking the time.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2005 04:20 PM
Syren
dreaming

No problem, like I said it's magnificent work, and really enjoyable to read. More people should take the time to read things of such length rather than being put off by them wink

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Sep 7th, 2005 04:23 PM
Coldfire
<3 <3 <3

Originally posted by Syren
No problem, like I said it's magnificent work, and really enjoyable to read. More people should take the time to read things of such length rather than being put off by them wink

Well I read it and was so glad I did big grin Hopefully others will also take the time to read it

Old Post Sep 7th, 2005 11:47 PM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Play the 4 string like you're possessed.
Possessed by some dancing demon, teasing out my decadent side.
Going to Heaven, are you? I guess we'll never meet again.
Because she makes me want to commit the sin of all sins.
And I'm way too prone to temptation.
So I guess I'm off to Hell.
She twists and turns, captures my gaze and doesn't let it go even for a second.
When we merged that night you left a part of yourself here.
Oh how I can't wait to return it to you.
Yet we've never even spoke.
I still taste you even now.
I'm hungry.

This is about someone. One person may know who hehe.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 03:43 AM
DreamingWarrior
Knight Errant

Play the 4 string like you're possessed.
Possessed by some dancing demon, teasing out my decadent side.
Going to Heaven, are you? I guess we'll never meet again.
Because she makes me want to commit the sin of all sins.
And I'm way too prone to temptation.
So I guess I'm off to Hell.
She twists and turns, captures my gaze and doesn't let it go even for a second.
When we merged that night you left a part of yourself here.
Oh how I can't wait to return it to you.
Yet we've never even spoke.
I still taste you even now.
I'm hungry.

This is about someone. One person may know who hehe.

-AC

dang man... twisted around her finger are ya? ha... been there... still there.... I like.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 05:56 PM
DreamingWarrior is currently offline Click here to Send DreamingWarrior a Private Message Find more posts by DreamingWarrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

I wish I was twisted around her finger...haha.

You have no idea.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 08:01 PM
DreamingWarrior
Knight Errant

I wish I was twisted around her finger...haha.

You have no idea.

-AC

hmmmm.....mebbe not YOURS, but I have been in similar... heh.. my friend Rose can forever ask or tell, and I shall be there. Havent heard from or seen her in 3 years, but that is still how I feel. It means a lot when I swear to protect someone forever.

You feeling like that mebbe? or more even ?

Old Post Sep 19th, 2005 12:06 AM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

The above piece wasn't about being in love haha.

Being in some other L word, but not love.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2005 12:26 AM
DreamingWarrior
Knight Errant

-AC

Aha.... the truth comes out... laughing out loud well, there are ways to fix it heathily and ways that will get you tossed in jail... your choice. laughing

Old Post Sep 19th, 2005 01:36 AM
DreamingWarrior
Knight Errant

(on a sidenote, i will admit, hate being in your shoes. Blueb's suck. )

Old Post Sep 19th, 2005 01:36 AM
Coldfire
<3 <3 <3

-AC

hmmm I thought so stick out tongue
Originally posted by DreamingWarrior
Aha.... the truth comes out... laughing out loud well, there are ways to fix it heathily and ways that will get you tossed in jail... your choice. laughing

laughing out loud

Old Post Sep 19th, 2005 04:29 AM
Syren
dreaming

Intruiging

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Sep 19th, 2005 09:25 AM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Dream, there's actually a person involved and jail isn't one of the theoretical results haha.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2005 05:00 PM