KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Bandon, Malak, Revan vs. Exar Kun, ROTS Sidious, JA Luke

Bandon, Malak, Revan vs. Exar Kun, ROTS Sidious, JA Luke
Started by: DarthGenises

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Emperor Revan
Most Powerful Sith Lord

Yoda: Destroy the Sith we must!

Thanks to Janus for the great Sig.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2005 10:54 PM
Click here to Send Emperor Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Emperor Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Apex
The Jedi Sage

Picking on Yoda I see, hmm...

Yoda went into the fight looking to kill but he wasn't blood thirsty. Fishy's right Jedi don't use the force offensively. Not only is it against their morals its against the Jedi Code. Its against the Order, the Order that Yoda was head of. How would it look if he went against the code.

Strong am I with the force, but not that strong....twilight is upon me and soon night must fall, that is the way of things, the way of the force... -Yoda

Old Post Aug 8th, 2005 11:09 PM
Click here to Send Apex a Private Message Find more posts by Apex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Somebody

Apex. Use your damn noggin. Look up to Revan's post and recall that quote. Yoda. Was. Looking. To. Kill. Sidious. Sidious was looking to LIVE and rule his empire, not dancing around with a being who was his very equal in the Force.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2005 11:11 PM
Click here to Send Darth Somebody a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Somebody Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Apex
The Jedi Sage

But Yoda wasn't going to start throwing force lightning around to win. Use your damn noggin.

Strong am I with the force, but not that strong....twilight is upon me and soon night must fall, that is the way of things, the way of the force... -Yoda

Old Post Aug 8th, 2005 11:13 PM
Click here to Send Apex a Private Message Find more posts by Apex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperor Revan
Most Powerful Sith Lord

How naive can someone get? I said that to show he was trying to kill Sidious not trying to say he was weak. He clearly wanted to kill Sidious and I think under normal circumstances he would. Did you even read the previous posts??

Old Post Aug 8th, 2005 11:16 PM
Click here to Send Emperor Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Emperor Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Apex
The Jedi Sage

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Emperor Revan
How naive can someone get? I said that to show he was trying to kill Sidious not trying to say he was weak. He clearly wanted to kill Sidious and I think under normal circumstances he would. Did you even read the previous posts??

I was responding to the post were Somebody says he doesn't see why Yoda wouldn't throw force lightning.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2005 11:17 PM
Emperor Revan
Most Powerful Sith Lord

Then why didn't you mention anything like that? And if you're gonna respond to an earlier post, use the quote button.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2005 11:27 PM
Fishy

Originally posted by Darth Somebody
Oh. Well, I don't see why he couldn't. I thought Fishy was implying that Yoda's morals prevented him from doing so. Then I'd have to interfere. Yoda went into that fight looking to kill - not capture - Sidious. But Sidious had the higher ground and gravity on his side. Yoda is tough. But there's no chance in hell he could summon the strength to chuck them all back.

Edit: No, Illustrious. I believe you're mistaken. This is the entire quote that I just read: "Yoda could have stopped it but didn't because thats not how he uses the force." I believe Fishy is implying something with morals. But like I said, we all know that's not true. Yoda was looking to kill Sidious. Not to toy with him or have an honorable fight. If he had a chance, he would kill him - the same with Sidious.

Oh yeah if Yoda had the chance he would have killed Sidious, but Yoda would never rely on his emotions or the Dark Side to gain victory, he is still bound to rules and restrictions. Would he not have cared would he have said for once that the Dark Side could have been worth it then Sidious would have been toast. Yoda simply does not use the force for offensive purposes. I mean you saw the way he blocked Sidious his lightning, that takes an shit load of power imagine if he shot lightning of his own. But Yoda feared attacks like that and where they came from. He just doesn't use the force to its full potential. Most Jedi don't.

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post Aug 9th, 2005 06:13 AM
Click here to Send Fishy a Private Message Find more posts by Fishy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Illustrious
Sans Pareil

Originally posted by Fishy
Oh yeah if Yoda had the chance he would have killed Sidious, but Yoda would never rely on his emotions or the Dark Side to gain victory, he is still bound to rules and restrictions. Would he not have cared would he have said for once that the Dark Side could have been worth it then Sidious would have been toast. Yoda simply does not use the force for offensive purposes. I mean you saw the way he blocked Sidious his lightning, that takes an shit load of power imagine if he shot lightning of his own. But Yoda feared attacks like that and where they came from. He just doesn't use the force to its full potential. Most Jedi don't.

That's exactly the point. If he used Dark Side powers to defeat a Sith Lord, what would distinguish him from the Sith itself?

Yoda was giving it everything he had in that fight, but he was caught off guard, and when push came to shove, was too arrogant to change his dogmatic view. Hence why he couldn't kill the Emperor.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2005 09:02 AM
Click here to Send Illustrious a Private Message Find more posts by Illustrious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fishy

Originally posted by Illustrious
That's exactly the point. If he used Dark Side powers to defeat a Sith Lord, what would distinguish him from the Sith itself?

Yoda was giving it everything he had in that fight, but he was caught off guard, and when push came to shove, was too arrogant to change his dogmatic view. Hence why he couldn't kill the Emperor.

Exactly, making the fight between Yoda and Sidious worthless as an example, that Sidious does not mean he can defeat a Dark Side force user that comes close to the power Yoda had.

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post Aug 9th, 2005 02:59 PM
Click here to Send Fishy a Private Message Find more posts by Fishy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Darkstar
Grandmaster of the AFC

well I think that Revan and Exar would fight for a very long time, personally I think Exar would take this, but it would be very long and neither would kill the other before somebody else killed their opponent and came to help. So both Exar and Revan are out of the fight.

Then you get Sids vs Malak, I think that Malak can take this, but also, I think that most people here underestimate Sids, yes he would loose, but he would put up a decent fight, probably on par, maybe a bit better than Kavar so it would take Malak a few minutes to defeat him.

For JA Luke vs Bandon, I suggest tha you go re-read Janus' post on the topic, he clearly shows that Luke has a fair bit of power and would kill Bandon, before Malak could kill Sids.

So then you get Luke and Sids vs Malak, Malak looses here, maybe killing one off, but he still looses.

Finally you get Exar and someone else on his team vs Revan. Revan may be good, but he would have trouble with Exar alone, Exar and another person, either Luke or Sids would be too much for him and he would die.

So Exar's team wins

Old Post Aug 9th, 2005 05:28 PM
Click here to Send Lord Darkstar a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Darkstar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperor Revan
Most Powerful Sith Lord

Exactly what I said.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2005 06:40 PM